• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LiveWire

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
LiveWire, when is good for you?

Should be home by 8PM Pacific tonight. Otherwise, anytime tomorrow night. I will be gone from Friday through Sunday evening, so if we advance Friday or Saturday, whomever my next opponent is, please take note.

Nightz said:
I'm sure FMT knows all about that site!

you can't prove that! none of you can prove it! now if you'll excuse me, i have to go... practice some madden

and i'll probably just get the $150 one.... but i'll need to buy a cable extension too :(

LiveWire said:
The TE stick is worth the money. I can confidently say it's what allowed me to dominate you with Sentinel.

i figured out your sentinel garbage within a few matches and was dominating you afterwards! i only wish rors would get this game on 360 so i could feast on his sentinel!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you can't prove that! none of you can prove it! now if you'll excuse me, i have to go... practice some madden

and i'll probably just get the $150 one.... but i'll need to buy a cable extension too :(

don't forget to use the 10% code!

crosscounter

Smokey said:
Great news! The embarassing loons in the Uncharted 3 review thread have garnered attention across the webs:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32159798&postcount=1

SMH.

HEY! i was there with nathan drake! not only were we literally in the depths of the cavern, but we were in the depths of his soul and my heart was breaking for him! name another game that can do this! not BF3 or madden that's for sure.

10/10 or bust!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
HEY! i was there with nathan drake! not only were we literally in the depths of the cavern, but we were in the depths of his soul and my heart was breaking for him! name another game that can do this! not BF3 or madden that's for sure.

10/10 or bust!

Speak for yourself. When AJ makes a great play my pants rise a little. I feel a connection.

What this clearly shows is that Bob is doing a poor job of leading his Sony troops.

Nightz

LOL, Uncharted fans are crazy. I mean I love the series and U3 is my most anticipated game of the year, but getting all butthurt about a Eurogamer review is a little extreme. Just play the game and enjoy it you bums.

Nightz said:
LOL, Uncharted fans are crazy. I mean I love the series and U3 is my most anticipated game of the year, but getting all butthurt about a Eurogamer review is a little extreme. Just play the game and enjoy it you bums.

if eurogamer gave the game a 2/10 or something then that would be an obvious troll. but what is wrong with an 8/10 game? that's a pretty good score

The Albatross said:
Question:
In the Draft, are we gonna have real players, imported from NCAA?

EA doesn't allow imports in online franchise. they have a created draft class that we will be able to see before the draft. there are usually a handful of truly elite players.... and then plenty of other good players.

if i had to list a hall of fame created players right now it would be:

1. giovanni girley - 70 rated rb with like 99 speed
2. jack english - great qb!
3. tim tribow (not a joke)
4. leron james - lulz
5. mack jackson (i think that was his name) - injury machine.... pwill jr.!

any other notables?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
EA doesn't allow imports in online franchise. they have a created draft class that we will be able to see before the draft. there are usually a handful of truly elite players.... and then plenty of other good players.

4. leron james - lulz

any other notables?

kelly james

Smokey

Sooooooooo FMT. How about that move to Xtreme Sports franchise site? What would be the problem with switching? If we imported our franchise now, wouldn't the salaries etc all match up (since it would go by the state our franchise is currently in)? Those that traded for draft picks...if all else fails couldn't we do it like previous seasons where one party picked for another and then dropped the player into FA? Surely something could be done to make it work.

I hate LeagueManager brah :/

Striker

My best pick was Josh Sneed, who I got in that first draft. No other notables in the rest - I remember I missed one draft, but set up my pre-draft board, and they STILL messed it up. >:|

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:

4. leron james - lulz

any other notables?
The thing about the HBs weren't just that they were fast (When the entire madden roster had been downgraded in speed), but that they had 99 acceleration AND high STR/Truck/Elu ratings. It was impossible to catch them, but if you were in front of them it was impossible to tackle them. I remember I had to coax LeRon James to the sidelines so I could hit stick him. It wouldn't tackle him, but it would push him out of bounds with that shed tackle animation. It was the only way to stop him.

LiveWire

ph33nix said:
kelly james

di-T1MH.gif

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:

4. leron james - lulz

any other notables?

Mack Jackson was infinitely more valuable than Girley was. Leron James and Mr Glass were both better backs than the Girl-eh

Smokey said:
Sooooooooo FMT. How about that move to Xtreme Sports franchise site? What would be the problem with switching? If we imported our franchise now, wouldn't the salaries etc all match up (since it would go by the state our franchise is currently in)? Those that traded for draft picks...if all else fails couldn't we do it like previous seasons where one party picked for another and then dropped the player into FA? Surely something could be done to make it work.

If we're going to lose all of the signing data and shit I vote a strong "no" on relocating the franchise.

GG Birdman. That drive where I settled for a FG ended up killing me. Along with the fact that I don't think I ever forced you to punt, I was lucky to only lose by 1.

But I lose a game in the same fashion second week in a row. Not enough time to score for me in the end :(

That was by far Locker's best game though. Would've helped if his cunt receivers didn't drop so many passes!

I'm most definitely probably going to spend my first rounder on secondary help....or another pass rusher would help. My d-line wasn't doing dick

Nightz

I don't think I had any decent rookies in Madden 10. I traded a good portion of my picks to get veterans to improve the Bengals.

Smokey said:

the problem is it doesn't pull our salary information from leaguemanager. we would have to start over on contracts..... i'm not even sure XFN has cap/contracts that is as smooth as LM (where you can just import them from the real NFL automatically)

Smokey

The Albatross said:
Is it the same draft class as last year's game? So, like, you guys know who to look for? Tell me I'm wrong.

Wrong.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the problem is it doesn't pull our salary information from leaguemanager. we would have to start over on contracts..... i'm not even sure XFN has cap/contracts that is as smooth as LM (where you can just import them from the real NFL automatically)

Has dude even said wtf is going on or has he disappeared?

Birdman02

ph33nix said:
GG Birdman. That drive where I settled for a FG ended up killing me. Along with the fact that I don't think I ever forced you to punt, I was lucky to only lose by 1.

But I lose a game in the same fashion second week in a row. Not enough time to score for me in the end :(

That was by far Locker's best game though. Would've helped if his cunt receivers didn't drop so many passes!

I'm most definitely probably going to spend my first rounder on secondary help....or another pass rusher would help. My d-line wasn't doing dick

GG man. I thought the fumble on my 1st drive was gonna be the difference (I was protecting the ball right after Ingram broke the 1st tackle, but it didn't matter). I think that was the only drive by either team that didn't result in a score (other than your last 2 minute drill). I was wondering if you were gonna go for it on that 4th down. Once you kicked the FG, I was pretty confident I'd be able to drive and score. Luckily, I didn't leave you as much time as I did in the same situation in the 1st half.

My last 3 wins have all been by 1 point...absolutely intense games. It looks like I still have a shot at the playoffs if I win out. I think Albatross might hold the tie-breaker...I think all of my losses are to conference opponents.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
The thing about the HBs weren't just that they were fast (When the entire madden roster had been downgraded in speed), but that they had 99 acceleration AND high STR/Truck/Elu ratings. It was impossible to catch them, but if you were in front of them it was impossible to tackle them. I remember I had to coax LeRon James to the sidelines so I could hit stick him. It wouldn't tackle him, but it would push him out of bounds with that shed tackle animation. It was the only way to stop him.

I think one of my favorite moments was, I want to say Troy Polamalu, hitting LeRon 5 yards deep in the backfield with a hit that probably would've killed most mortal men. LeRon shrugged it off and ran 90 something yards for a TD.

Also combining his skills with the brokenness of screen passes, mmmm. 2 minute drill? Dial up a screen pass for at least 45 yards!

Striker said:
My best pick was Josh Sneed, who I got in that first draft. No other notables in the rest - I remember I missed one draft, but set up my pre-draft board, and they STILL messed it up. >:|

God I hated Sneed. He and Luke's guy were absolute murder even on LeRon James.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

4. leron james - lulz

any other notables?

Ace Garrison probably would've been good if I had kept playing. Also I had some D-Potential WR who was like a 57 OVR that lead the league in KR TDs. People over looked him but that dude was a weapon!

Birdman02 said:
GG man. I thought the fumble on my 1st drive was gonna be the difference (I was protecting the ball right after Ingram broke the 1st tackle, but it didn't matter). I think that was the only drive by either team that didn't result in a score (other than your last 2 minute drill). I was wondering if you were gonna go for it on that 4th down. Once you kicked the FG, I was pretty confident I'd be able to drive and score. Luckily, I didn't leave you as much time as I did in the same situation in the 1st half.

My last 3 wins have all been by 1 point...absolutely intense games. It looks like I still have a shot at the playoffs if I win out. I think Albatross might hold the tie-breaker...I
think all of my losses are to conference opponents.

In hindsight I should have just gone for it but I really wanted to try and stop you on offense, plus I thought even if I let you score I'd have time to come back and get at least a field goal. But 22 seconds just wasn't enough for me (especially after Cook dropped the first throw)

On that 3rd and 4 where I settled for a field goal I saw Britt matched up with the linebacker so I attempted a slant but I saw your DE drop back into coverage...I figured I'd wait. I think I just threw at the wrong time. Either had to be a split second earlier or I'd have to wait to get the ball past your leaping linebacker.

DCX

DCX
Draft console hasn't been finished yet or released yet. Hopefully its soon because the season is drawing a close.

DCX

Nightz

The only thing I'm scared of with LM is the draft console and rookie contracts. I'm guessing we have about 3 weeks until we get to our offseason. I doubt the developer's ability to push those things out and have them function properly in that time frame. Again, I appreciate what he's done, but he may have bitten off more than he can chew with this project.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what do you mean? the site has updated and is currently synced

Yeah it's working fine post database migrations that offlined it most of last week. I like that Orakpo is in the MVP race for the 2-10 skins. Only a matter of time till he gets traded away (and back again)

eznark

Banned
Rors what time can you play tonight? I was banging my head against BF3 to try and get it to run without crashing all night last night. I'd just as soon play a shitty game that runs tonight, so it's either our game or Halo.

zing

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
Yeah it's working fine post database migrations that offlined it most of last week. I like that Orakpo is in the MVP race for the 2-10 skins. Only a matter of time till he gets traded away (and back again)

It was his GEICO commercial. Really did well with certain demographics. Bidding starts at a 1st round pick!

LiveWire said:
We might have a deal then. Let's talk after the postseason and salaries are set for next year.

haha as tempting as it is i think i would be assaulted by the rest of the league. pwill and orakpo on the same team? not fair. we'll see after the season!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what do you mean? the site has updated and is currently synced

Oh ok, didn't know that. Hopefully it stays working now.

eznark said:
Rors what time can you play tonight? I was banging my head against BF3 to try and get it to run without crashing all night last night. I'd just as soon play a shitty game that runs tonight, so it's either our game or Halo.

zing

What was the problem? I played for hours on the GAF server, no problems. And I played on Day 0 when we were talking on Origin?

You have an AMD card?

Top Bottom