• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Rorschach

eznark said:
Rors what time can you play tonight? I was banging my head against BF3 to try and get it to run without crashing all night last night. I'd just as soon play a shitty game that runs tonight, so it's either our game or Halo.

zing
I can play whenever you're ready. From now 'till midnight Pacific. I'm all yours!

Nightz said:
The only thing I'm scared of with LM is the draft console and rookie contracts.
Should have traded away the only picks you had left like I did. :cool: Thanks for trading everything away, Al! RIP!

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Livewire: would you take a first rounder next year? :p

Overrated rookies are for jerks.

Depending on the trade terms I may be willing to take a lower pick this year and a higher pick next year. But since you said you have no picks this year, sorry. :(

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Depending on the trade terms I may be willing to take a lower pick this year and a higher pick next year. But since you said you have no picks this year, sorry. :(
You can have Jason Campbell back!

Smokey

Depending on how Schaub performs down the stretch he could be on the block. If you're in the NFL thread you know I can barely stand him anyways. Could potentially be time for the Leinart era to begin if Romo Jr folds.

Striker

GG Ramirez

Can't believe those missed tackles on this big three scores. Mendenhall breaking tackles like Bo Jackson, thought he had some popcorn grease on him. Then I blitzed that apparent swiss-cheese OL, Wallace caught it, broke another tackle and scored easily. The defense hasn't been that bad all season. Even getting back Fujita and Ward didn't really help.

Oh well, if my defense gets ripped by the overrated Kolb next I know I have some additions I need to make defensively for the draft/FA.

LiveWire

ESPN BREAKING NEWS: Several NFL teams have reportedly made postseason trade inquiries with the Washington Redskins. Due to their 2-10 record, the Redskins are currently in a position to select 1st overall in the 2012 NFL Draft and rumor has it that they are actively looking at shopping the pick. In addition, the Redskins have 19 players on their roster in contract years, with another dozen entering contract years in 2012, and sources say that they are heavily evaluating their roster and will continue with their rebuilding efforts, and that, as one source put it: "no one is assured a roster spot."

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
ESPN BREAKING NEWS: Several NFL teams have reportedly made postseason trade inquiries with the Washington Redskins. Due to their 2-10 record, the Redskins are currently in a position to select 1st overall in the 2012 NFL Draft and rumor has it that they are actively looking at shopping the pick. In addition, the Redskins have 19 players on their roster in contract years, with another dozen entering contract years in 2012, and sources say that they are heavily evaluating their roster and will continue with their rebuilding efforts, and that, as one source put it: "no one is assured a roster spot."

Why is the ESPN reporter a representative for the Redskins? Fucking shoddy journalism

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
EA doesn't allow imports in online franchise. they have a created draft class that we will be able to see before the draft. there are usually a handful of truly elite players.... and then plenty of other good players.

if i had to list a hall of fame created players right now it would be:

1. giovanni girley - 70 rated rb with like 99 speed
2. jack english - great qb!
3. tim tribow (not a joke)
4. leron james - lulz
5. mack jackson (i think that was his name) - injury machine.... pwill jr.!

any other notables?
Mack Jackson was easily the best made up player in the Madden 10 franchise. Deion Grimes should be up there as well, that guy was fucking auto-win. The repeated twins set, PA pass to a crossing Grimes was almost indefensible.

I'm set tho, Rey-Rey, Man-Law, and Rivers will progress to unstoppable levels. They will be the finest set of LBs in the league by year 3. Add Carlos Dunlap and Michael Johnson to that mix, I will soon have 6 90+ players on D.

One less than the Steelers

gold that SF arcade stick actually comes out cheaper on amazon considering no tax and free shipping.... although you might not get charged tax at the other site like i do :(

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
LukeSmith said:
Levious, I'll be home and ready to play around 6:30 pacific, is that going to work with your schedule?

yup, I'll be on and waiting

Ramirez

Striker said:
GG Ramirez

Can't believe those missed tackles on this big three scores. Mendenhall breaking tackles like Bo Jackson, thought he had some popcorn grease on him. Then I blitzed that apparent swiss-cheese OL, Wallace caught it, broke another tackle and scored easily. The defense hasn't been that bad all season. Even getting back Fujita and Ward didn't really help.

Oh well, if my defense gets ripped by the overrated Kolb next I know I have some additions I need to make defensively for the draft/FA.

GG man, your run D just wasn't doing you any favors in that game. I've never seen the types of holes I was getting in that game. I think he actually only broke one tackle and was untouched on both of the huge run plays, then Redman was untouched on the counter, it was funny to me that I was able to get the edge on that play, he's not fast at all, meanwhile I hit Wallace on a slant and some LB catches up to him from 5 yards behind, really hate the pursuit inconsistencies in this game.

Mendenhall is made of glass, he's gotten injured in probably 50% of the games this year, and he missed like 6 weeks due to one injury, luckily, Redman is overrated in the game for whatever reason, plays well beyond his OVR stats...

So, the game was in the rain again, I don't think the patch affected OF at all, or it's just bad luck. Anyone else getting a lot of rain games still?

Anyways, lose to FMT next week, win my final 2, it's all good.

Ramirez said:
GG man, your run D just wasn't doing you any favors in that game. I've never seen the types of holes I was getting in that game. I think he actually only broke one tackle and was untouched on both of the huge run plays, then Redman was untouched on the counter, it was funny to me that I was able to get the edge on that play, he's not fast at all, meanwhile I hit Wallace on a slant and some LB catches up to him from 5 yards behind, really hate the pursuit inconsistencies in this game.

Mendenhall is made of glass, he's gotten injured in probably 50% of the games this year, and he missed like 6 weeks due to one injury, luckily, Redman is overrated in the game for whatever reason, plays well beyond his OVR stats...

So, the game was in the rain again, I don't think the patch affected OF at all, or it's just bad luck. Anyone else getting a lot of rain games still?

Anyways, lose to FMT next week, win my final 2, it's all good.

i haven't had 1 rain game all year. i have had severe wind (in frisco) in a few weeks. the worst weather i've had is extreme cold in baltimore. that got a couple guys hurt but no real effect and anything else

Ramirez

Striker said:
I didn't have any hitches of lag in that rain game. Had some stupid drops by my receivers, but that's really all.

Nah I didn't lag either, but that's still like my 6th (maybe more?) rain game this year, just gets old after a while.

LiveWire

lol Smokey just threw a BAD pick in the redzone with a chance to win the game.

Brees gives it right back...smokey drives to the 33 with 3 seconds left and the kick is......

NO GOOD!

OT

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
lol Smokey just threw a BAD pick in the redzone with a chance to win the game.

Isnt that the pot calling the kettle black.

Although i guess you'd have to be in a position to win a game for that to be the case...

bluemax

Banned
bluemax said:
Neo Gaffe Race for the Bottom
Week 14 Standings

1. Redskins 2-10
1. Browns 3-9
3. Chiefs 3-9
3. Packers 3-9
3. Rams 3-9
3. Seahawks 3-9
7. Ravens 3-8-1
7. Titans 3-8-1
9. Cowboys 4-8
10. Bears 5-7
10. Dolphins 5-7
10. Falcons 5-7 (Belongs to the Browns)
10. Jaguars 5-7
10. Lions 5-7
10. Panthers 5-7
10. Patriots 5-7

I updated the standings. Of note 16 of the 32 teams in the league are currently represented here. Half the league is fighting for a top 10 pick right now!

I think the rest of the draft order would be:

16. Bills 6-6
16. Broncos 6-6
16. Jets 6-6
16. Saints 6-6
20. Cardinals 7-5
20. Chargers 7-5
20. Vikings 7-5
23. Colts 8-4
23. Bengals
23. Buccs 8-4
23. Stealers 8-4
27. Eagles 9-3
27. Giants 9-3
29. Texans 10-2
30. 49ers 12-0
30. Raiders 12-0

(arranged alphabetically because I have no idea how EA does draft tie breakers)

bluemax

Banned
And since you hobos prefer Power Rankings style here's a tier list:

Untouchables:
49ers
Raiders

One step Below:
Texans

These guys are really good:
Giants
Eagles
Stealers