• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Rorschach

Need to play more, but game is kinda crappy. :x I do see some 2k similarities. I laughed at the comparisons before getting my hands on the full game, but it's true. :\

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wow. MUT is actually viable this year without having to play. I played a game vs a random and won, and got 1700 coins

eznark

Banned
Went 2-2 in random online matches last night...good lord there was some weird stuff. I don't get why they have the quarterback fumbling ramped to high heaven again, it makes zero sense. I blame east coast bias. They saw Eli fall on his face and assume all quarterbacks do it. I never did find the fucking slide button, stop changing that shit EA!

5xBuF.jpg

Some guy playing the Titans (I was the Dolphins) also is either the greatest defensive end controller or figured out some cheese. His d-ends were in the mid-70's, yet he was able to shed blockers as though they weren't even there on passing downs. Once Henne went bad, he went REAL bad. It was a 10 point game going into the fourth, Henned got sacked and fumbled...and then was missing receivers by 5-7 yards on every pass. I ran a bubble screen to try and get his confidence back and Henne threw the ball in front of the screening receivers and into the arms of a CB giving cushion. It was absurd.

There also seems to be a pretty large bias to user controlled players on jump balls. Jennings and Finley pretty much out-jump any group of CPU controlled corners, including Nnamdi, on bombs. Quarterbacks in the red zone are automatic rushing touchdowns (anywhere else on the field and there seems to be a 70% chance of fumbling).

I turned off the commentary and watched the Brewers game during all my online games, which means I got four games (plus some goofing around in menus etc.) done in 3 hours and 15 minutes. Not bad at all. There seemed to be a lot less fluff. The option of multiple quick pick's makes game flow somewhat more viable, especially on defense. I still thought it was terrible on offense, but I'd imagine if you build a gameplan that suited your style it'd be better. The system would be awesome if it learned how you play the more you play, so that after a week or two it would suggest plays to your style.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
There's something wrong with closing speed in the game. Once players are in pursuit, they are unrealistically fast. Davin Joseph caught two 95+ speed guys from behind when they had full momentum. And he wasn't right behind them, he caught them from a few yards back. In my game with FMT, Cooper Carlisle did the same thing.

I noticed when I went over the top to Ford, McCoy came out of fucking nowhere (20 yards downfield mind you) and tackled him lol It looked like a Benny Hill video.
On long runs by Bradshaw this weekend I kept getting chased down by linemen and LBs. What gets me is that these guys didn't even take any kind of angles to get there, it was all based on how 'fast' they were running.

I am so jealous of you guys being able to play each other. :(

Smokey

eznark said:
There also seems to be a pretty large bias to user controlled players on jump balls. Jennings and Finley pretty much out-jump any group of CPU controlled corners, including Nnamdi, on bombs. Quarterbacks in the red zone are automatic rushing touchdowns (anywhere else on the field and there seems to be a 70% chance of fumbling).

There is a QB sneak glitch that will give you 3-5 yards everytime.

McNei1y

QB sneaks are crap in this game. So annoying. I did crowd the line once and somehow sacked him.

I've also blocked 2 field goals in like 8 attempts lol.

TheCrow

Ramirez said:
I still haven't gotten to play a game, anyone done a mock franchise to see if you can turn off Gameflow?
Haven't checked franchise but I do know that in Community you can turn off gameflow.

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
There is a QB sneak glitch that will give you 3-5 yards everytime.
I never qb sneak. I rather pound it in than spend the rest of the season with Chris Redman behind center.

DCX

Nightz

Ramirez said:
I still haven't gotten to play a game, anyone done a mock franchise to see if you can turn off Gameflow?
Made an OF a few days ago and didn't see any options to turn Gameflow off. I'll check again later today.

Striker

I made a mock one as well and checked out the material. No turning off Gameflow shows up, as far as I know. But as long as we can pick a general formation before the play it's fine. Not mash A, correct?

Also am trying to move forward so I can find the draft prospects, if somebody else let us know! :)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Nightz said:
Made an OF a few days ago and didn't see any options to turn Gameflow off. I'll check again later today.

I don't think you can set it for everyone, up to each player to have it set to conventional if they want.

Nightz

levious said:
I don't think you can set it for everyone, up to each player to have it set to conventional if they want.
Yeah I have my options set for conventional, but when I started a game in the OF Gameflow was on. =\

levious

Nightz said:
Yeah I have my options set for conventional, but when I started a game in the OF Gameflow was on. =\

doesn't it come up with "A for gameflow, X for formation"? That's how it is for me in a online franchse game.

Nightz

levious said:
doesn't it come up with "A for gameflow, X for formation"? That's how it is for me in a online franchse game.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about. It's not a big deal, but as a guy who button mashes to get to the next play, I'd rather not have that at all (like in regular games where Gameflow isn't present).

Ramirez

Nightz said:
Yeah that's what I'm talking about. It's not a big deal, but as a guy who button mashes to get to the next play, I'd rather not have that at all (like in regular games where Gameflow isn't present).

This is especially awesome at the end of close games when you're trying to hurry up and pick a play, only to hit the wrong button and have to burn a TO or just swallow what GF gives you.

Seriously, Tiburon can suck a dick.

Absolutely ridiculous that something so small can't be fixed in a year.

eznark

Banned
Wellington said:
Cool should be getting my game tonight if anyone wants to beat me down.

It's a date.

I could have swore I was hitting X to slide.

As for scoring touchdowns, I wasn't sneaking. The linebackers are just ridiculously slow to react to a quarterback who tucks the ball and runs. If they are dropping back in a zone, it is pretty much impossible for them to react in time in this game.

Ramirez

eznark said:
It's a date.

I could have swore I was hitting X to slide.

As for scoring touchdowns, I wasn't sneaking. The linebackers are just ridiculously slow to react to a quarterback who tucks the ball and runs. If they are dropping back in a zone, it is pretty much impossible for them to react in time in this game.

Nice, I look forward to a lot of scrambling cheese this year if that's the case.

TheCrow

I'll be around to get some more games in tonight. Only played a couple games online yesterday but so far I'm liking it. Von Miller is godlike.

eznark

Banned
Ramirez said:
Nice, I look forward to a lot of scrambling cheese this year if that's the case.

I didn't realize it was quite so bad and two of my touchdowns were just me running away from pressure on the 15 going in and the linebackers just kept dropping.

I can't imagine what playing against the Eagles will be like.

Nightz

Ramirez said:
This is especially awesome at the end of close games when you're trying to hurry up and pick a play, only to hit the wrong button and have to burn a TO or just swallow what GF gives you.

Of course they're not going to fix it...according to their stats, 100% of all online users in Madden 11 had Gameflow on. -_-

DCX

DCX
Striker said:
I made a mock one as well and checked out the material. No turning off Gameflow shows up, as far as I know. But as long as we can pick a general formation before the play it's fine. Not mash A, correct?

Also am trying to move forward so I can find the draft prospects, if somebody else let us know! :)
No freakin shame Lmao.

I would be doing the same :(

DCX

levious

Ramirez said:

but the gameclock doesn't run during those transitional animations, no need to hurry up in that sense, but yes, it's silly that getting rid of it completely is not an option.

mik

mik is unbeatable
eznark said:
I was watching slow-mo replays of both this and the qb sneak nonsense last night. The linebackers don't even acknowledge the qb until he's one step past them, then they circle around and give chase. It's awful.

eznark

Banned
mik said:
I was watching slow-mo replays of both this and the qb sneak nonsense last night. The linebackers don't even acknowledge the qb until he's one step past them, then they circle around and give chase. It's awful.

Ya, I wanted to upload the videos but the guy conceded so I didn't have the chance.

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
manually assigning someone to qb spy is your friend :D

Great, so I have to manually assign a spy, manually shift my linebackers and adjust safety coverage. All in the time it takes the offense to get to the line, since generally they just immediately snap the ball.

I think there needs to be some 2-3 second delay from the huddle break to the offense being able to snap. If EA is going to force people to babysit the defense, they need to give them time to do so.

eznark said:
Great, so I have to manually assign a spy, manually shift my linebackers and adjust safety coverage. All in the time it takes the offense to get to the line, since generally they just immediately snap the ball.

I think there needs to be some 2-3 second delay from the huddle break to the offense being able to snap. If EA is going to force people to babysit the defense, they need to give them time to do so.

who said the spy has to be a linebacker :D

DCX

DCX
Striker said:
I didn't know they had a 30 min wait period before each week 'vance, so I put that away kind of quickly. :lol
Meg I usually play a half, Sim to end and advance..just to get the first rookie class down. Then white down all my targets and sleepers.

DCX

Nightz

The League Manager stuff is up for registrations and syncing your league. It doesn't have contract editing, free agency, draft console and trading yet.

levious

Striker said:
I didn't know they had a 30 min wait period before each week 'vance, so I put that away kind of quickly. :lol

just exit to dash and restart game...

eznark said:
No one, and certainly not I in the statement you quoted. I assume the spy does, however, have to be on the defense.

i'll be honest: i only read part of your quote and saw spy + linebackers and guessed that's what you were complaining about

mik said:

Yep, just like NCAA. We'll see if they really fixed that issue in the upcoming patch or not.

Wonder how long the list for the Madden patch will be?

Top Bottom