• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Nightz

Off-topic, but anyone here have one of those Logitech remote controls? I'm tired of juggling 4 different remotes at home so I was wondering if the Logitech was worth it. A refurb Logitech Harmony One is going for $99 right now.

Smokey

goldlion054 said:
holy shit, still? that is bananas. Good luck AT

Usually what happens when a hurricane hits. When I was in Ike the storm was bad, but the aftermath was even worse. A week without power was one of the worst things ever :/. And it was daylight savings so it got dark around 6pm :/

eznark said:
I didn't realize it was quite so bad and two of my touchdowns were just me running away from pressure on the 15 going in and the linebackers just kept dropping.

I can't imagine what playing against the Eagles will be like.

Playing against Eagle cheeseheads most of the time during the Pre release all you had to do was manually set your DE's to QB spy. Most of the tards love to run right so I'd set my LB (I'm in a 3-4) to QB spy and Vick wasn't going anywhere. Anytime he tried to scramble it was a wrap.

That's the easy part to stop. It's Desean Fuckin Jackson that is a bitch and will burn anybody in the game unless you manually control the safety or DB yourself and can anticipate his route. Other wise it's hike, tap X for bomb, and it's a wrap.

If you want to view some Cheeseagle play yourself go to my my channel. One of the recent vids is against the Eagles and around the 4:30 mark the Vick experience begins.

No power for 10 days after Wilma, some people waited over 2 weeks. Make the most of it, I am now a master on the grill for example.

UPS making me his last stop of the day, he left the warehouse at 7 and its like 10 minutes away!

eznark

Banned
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
No power for 10 days after Wilma, some people waited over 2 weeks. Make the most of it, I am now a master on the grill for example.

UPS making me his last stop of the day, he left the warehouse at 7 and its like 10 minutes away!

God damn that's the worst. My power got knocked out the first summer I was in this house and the next day I made plans to have a generator installed.

If you guys ever build a house, make sure the include that. It was a fucking pain to do so after the fact, even more annoying considering had we thought about it previously (before the house was done) it would have cost a fraction.

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
Off-topic, but anyone here have one of those Logitech remote controls? I'm tired of juggling 4 different remotes at home so I was wondering if the Logitech was worth it. A refurb Logitech Harmony One is going for $99 right now.
I have a harmony, the xbox branded one. I can't live without it.

DCX

eznark said:
God damn that's the worst. My power got knocked out the first summer I was in this house and the next day I made plans to have a generator installed.

If you guys ever build a house, make sure the include that. It was a fucking pain to do so after the fact, even more annoying considering had we thought about it previously (before the house was done) it would have cost a fraction.

We got a big portable generator. Why wouldn't you just get the generator vs. paying for all that installation and labor. I guess the built in ones would give you hotwater still? Worst part about post hurricane is those cold showers.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
Need to play more, but game is kinda crappy. :x I do see some 2k similarities. I laughed at the comparisons before getting my hands on the full game, but it's true. :\

Had to force myself to get the game this year, so I was going in with a negative tilt to begin with.

There's definitely some sort of pursuit boost given to defenders, I've seen Kyle Williams run down receivers like Tommie Harris chased down Roy Williams in a HS game. Actually enjoy the way defenses attack ball carriers, they swarm, but it's because of pur and acc boosts which makes it pretty unrealistic. You can still pull away but you need a pretty fast WR/RB.

I feel like it's harder to throw a receiver open, like they slow down after they make a cut, probably just an adjustment I have to make from NCAA 11, plus I have a QB that isn't as good.

FMT blasted the defense, but I actually think it's good/fair. Zone defense seems to be better than 10, and man coverage is better as well. Neither is overpowered, crazy ninja zones or Deion Sanders man coverage, pretty balanced actually.

Feels like players are on skates, feels different, not sure what it is.

OL AI may be dog shit. I'm playing with a crap OL, but man I was getting sacked before I hit my back foot. Made my user controlled Alain Jackson look like childs play. It was insane.

4-3 may be better than the 3-4.

Kind of hate the game too, but I don't it's 2K bad. Actually like it in some ways too...

eznark

Banned
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
We got a big portable generator. Why wouldn't you just get the generator vs. paying for all that installation and labor. I guess the built in ones would give you hotwater still? Worst part about post hurricane is those cold showers.

It's a backup system connected to everything. It's as much for the inevitable day the g-man comes and I fort up as for power outages.

LJ11

One more thing, not that it's important or anything, but speed seems to kill in this game, huge factor. I think you can essentially build an all scrub speed squad, DL/QB/OL aside, and murder everyone with it.

Edit: Camera is shit too.

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
One more thing, not that it's important or anything, but speed seems to kill in this game, huge factor. I think you can essentially build an all scrub speed squad, DL/QB/OL aside, and murder everyone with it.

al-davis-happy.jpg

Rorschach

LJ11 said:

Edit: Camera is shit too.
I don't think speed matters as much because of that pursuit boost. As long as your player is near the ball carrier, he's going to gravitate towards him. Some guys, like Vick and DJax, can teleport away from it, but everyone else will get tackled. My 98 speed WR couldn't break away from a 65 speed DL and my 97 speed CB couldn't break away from a 63 speed OL. I do feel like sometimes they aren't slowed down, though. I think it depends on the players' rating. Routt and Johnson couldn't catch Gore, but 83 speed Groves could catch 89 speed Benn.

Agreed on camera. Hate the shit out of it.

LJ11

Time will tell I guess, but I think a couple of fast LBs, regardless of their abilities will just be straight murder on offensive lines.

I think the screen game kind of sucks this year too. Good against a zone I guess, but it seems to take forever to develop this year.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Because there is a difference between a generator that backfeeds your main panel so it feels as if your house has never lost power to a generator that just provides a couple of outlets that let you plug in the essentials (Fridge, stove for those that have electric pilate, etc.) If I lived in an area that had overhead powerlines, I'd definitely just bite the bullet and get a generator/do the work. It's not so much the hurricanes that crush us here it's the nor'easters.

Smokey

Our neighbors had a generator during Ike. Envied the fuck outta them. I'm sitting in the house hot as hell, thirsty etc and all I hear is this hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm from the generator next door. That sound to me meant cool air, food, water, A/C and i was salty as hell.

Luckily they were nice and let the majority of the neighboorhood use their outlets to charge phones, gave ice, water etc

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I don't think speed matters as much because of that pursuit boost. As long as your player is near the ball carrier, he's going to gravitate towards him. Some guys, like Vick and DJax, can teleport away from it, but everyone else will get tackled. My 98 speed WR couldn't break away from a 65 speed DL and my 97 speed CB couldn't break away from a 63 speed OL. I do feel like sometimes they aren't slowed down, though. I think it depends on the players' rating. Routt and Johnson couldn't catch Gore, but 83 speed Groves could catch 89 speed Benn.

Agreed on camera. Hate the shit out of it.
PUR doesn't come into effect when in man coverage. Smokey's experience against DeSean Jackson is likely what we'll get versus Dream Team cheesers, guys that line up CJ at WR, and any other high SPD offensive weapon that can go long.

eznark

Banned
Wellington said:
Because there is a difference between a generator that backfeeds your main panel so it feels as if your house has never lost power to a generator that just provides a couple of outlets that let you plug in the essentials (Fridge, stove for those that have electric pilate, etc.) If I lived in an area that had overhead powerlines, I'd definitely just bite the bullet and get a generator/do the work. It's not so much the hurricanes that crush us here it's the nor'easters.

Yup, the ice fucks the power lines.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
PUR doesn't come into effect when in man coverage. Smokey's experience against DeSean Jackson is likely what we'll get versus Dream Team cheesers, guys that line up CJ at WR, and any other high SPD offensive weapon that can go long.
Don't matter if they have stone hands. DJax is a beast because he's rated high AND is fast. And not all QBs can throw like Vick. Most QBs I've seen throw and then the WR has to slow down to grab the ball. -_- By that time, the CB is all caught up.

Rorschach said:
Don't matter if they have stone hands. DJax is a beast because he's rated high AND is fast. And not all QBs can throw like Vick. Most QBs I've seen throw and then the WR has to slow down to grab the ball. -_- By that time, the CB is all caught up.

i wish this applied to ted ginn.... fucker drops everything :(

LukeSmith

Wellington said:

gyi0062092991.jpg

LiveWire

LJ11 said:
OL AI may be dog shit. I'm playing with a crap OL, but man I was getting sacked before I hit my back foot. Made my user controlled Alain Jackson look like childs play. It was insane.

I noticed this too. I've had to adjust my line's blocking on every single play now instead of sticking with the play's default, and often keep an extra back in to block. On the bright side I feel like it's easier to hit a hot receiver on a blitz specifically because the D moves so fast to the QB and clears out the field. But if I call the wrong blocking audible it's NYG vs. Jay Cutler. I guess that's the risk/reward they're trying for but it might need some adjustment.

mik

mik is unbeatable
LiveWire said:
On the bright side I feel like it's easier to hit a hot receiver on a blitz specifically because the D moves so fast to the QB and clears out the field.
Totally agree with that. So much so that I almost always hot route my TE to a curl. As a result, that fucking guy has 12 grabs for 80 yards nearly every game.

LiveWire

mik said:
Totally agree with that. So much so that I almost always hot route my TE to a curl. As a result, that fucking guy has 12 grabs for 80 yards nearly every game.

Yea TEs seem to be better. Cooley rang up 3 TDs against Smokey's Texans. It's a shame I don't play the AFC South this year, would have at least 2 easy wins.

Smokey

LiveWire said:
Yea TEs seem to be better. Cooley rang up 3 TDs against Smokey's Texans. It's a shame I don't play the AFC South this year, would have at least 2 easy wins.

He rang up 3 TDs for the purpose of me seeing how the defense would react to your TE slangin in zone or man. I gained valuable intel during our game (your SuperBowl). You notice when I actually wanted to pick dat ass, I switch over to play FS and picked you off the very next play.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
preseason champs! Fuck the haters Live, go after Spurrier's Preseason scoring record!

LiveWire

Smokey said:
He rang up 3 TDs for the purpose of me seeing how the defense would react to your TE slangin in zone or man. I gained valuable intel during our game (your SuperBowl). You notice when I actually wanted to pick dat ass, I switch over to play FS and picked you off the very next play.

Uh-huh. I saw you coming and threw it anyway. What you saw was just a glimpse of the salvation John Jesus Beck will bring to Madden GAF this season.

Smokey

LiveWire said:
Uh-huh. I saw you coming and threw it anyway. What you saw was just a glimpse of the salvation John Jesus Beck will bring to Madden GAF this season.

We play a community game next, where it means (slightly) more (but not really) than a exhibition game. You let me know. Vacation starts on Friday I have nothing but time chump

LukeSmith

Smokey said:

Livewire needs to trump up his preseason wins since he's a non-factor in the actual regular season.

If they had user broadcasting in this game, he'd be the first coach to get called in for the playoffs every year to man the booth.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
FMT's OL was taking no prisoners. Might be that we just have shit OLs (bills, raiders, redskins). :p

Right, may be just that simple. It was the DT though, and he was up against my best guard, dude was just up my ass before my QB hit his back step, couldn't even scramble to be honest.

Do they still have OL slides? I know they were fairly useless in the past, but it sometimes did help just a bit.

LJ11 said:
Right, may be just that simple. It was the DT though, and he was up against my best guard, dude was just up my ass before my QB hit his back step, couldn't even scramble to be honest.

Do they still have OL slides? I know they were fairly useless in the past, but it sometimes did help just a bit.

i use OL slides basically on every play. i'm not saying they turn a crap line into a good one but they help me at times.

there is really a big difference between pass block ratings and run block ratings in this game, and you can see it on the field. rors is right in that the niners o-line is pretty good at run blocking. but pass blocking? not so much. this is similar to real life (unfortunately for us)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'll let you play someone else. i've already destroyed the dream team twice. i don't need to drag them through the mud anymore

you unplugged your ethernet the first time around. doesnt count. And our game just now was only my second full game. Lets play again

BigAT

I just got power back (FINALLY) and then UPS showed up with Madden like 10 minutes later. It was meant to be.

Striker

BigAT said:
I just got power back (FINALLY) and then UPS showed up with Madden like 10 minutes later. It was meant to be.
You and Wellie need to play so I can contact you about a specific Giants player.

LJ11

Just got my clock cleaned, guy was very good though but I was retarded. Didn't spy him, just blitzed, foolish shit. As soon as I spied, and dropped some man coverage he couldn't do a thing.

Seems like most defenses play like the old Bucs, swarm to the ball, tackle hard.

Game feels like it's running 20fps online, someone swapped my 360 with a N64.

McNei1y

I'll play someone later if anyones down. I'm taking a break after a long day. I guess I'll be on around 7-8ish. I have to continue my Ponder experience.

Top Bottom