• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
sometimes the game is running smooth online and other times not.... idk why

It was running smooth when my defense stuck its boot up Colin's ass just now

CB3 said:
It was running smooth when my defense stuck its boot up Colin's ass just now

you are in a no win situation with the eagles.

1. you lose - "Wtf? you lost with an all star team? lololllllll"
2. you win - "meh, what do you expect taking the best team in the game against one of the worst in the game? big man!"

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you are in a no win situation with the eagles.

1. you lose - "Wtf? you lost with an all star team? lololllllll"
2. you win - "meh, what do you expect taking the best team in the game against one of the worst in the game? big man!"

I can live with it!

And go change your fucking settings in the menu so i dont have to sit in the pause menu forever before every game we play

eznark

Banned
Good game BigAT. That was the first game I've played where I wasn't getting any pressure out of that psycho package. If Eli had been somewhat accurate in the first half you would have torched me.

BigAT

eznark said:
Good game BigAT. That was the first game I've played where I wasn't getting any pressure out of that psycho package. If Eli had been somewhat accurate in the first half you would have torched me.
Yes, I fear Eli may be a source of frustration for me. I was getting ready to Smokey my disc with a few of the wide open receivers he missed.

First thing I need to do is figure out how the hell to kick, that was miserable and very nearly cost me the game. Two missed field goals, a missed XP and a kickoff that didn't even sniff being inbounds.

The Giants don't have a base dime package on defense, what the hell is that about?

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
If they had user broadcasting in this game, he'd be the first coach to get called in for the playoffs every year to man the booth.

Joe-Theismann-picture.jpg

eznark

Banned
BigAT said:
Yes, I fear Eli may be a source of frustration for me. I was getting ready to Smokey my disc with a few of the wide open receivers he missed.

First thing I need to do is figure out how the hell to kick, that was miserable and very nearly cost me the game. Two missed field goals, a missed XP and a kickoff that didn't even sniff being inbounds.

The Giants don't have a base dime package on defense, what the hell is that about?

Neither do the Packers.

Your kicking was hilarious!

LukeSmith

BigAT said:

I figured you'd just tank

aaron+rodgers+belt+cele.jpg

LJ11

Are we using current salary cap structures?

Bills/Bengals/Bucs/Jags near the bottom in spending, will they have all this free cash to spend? If so the Bucs will be the future all star team.

LJ11 said:

Bills/Bengals/Bucs/Jags near the bottom in spending, will they have all this free cash to spend? If so the Bucs will be the future all star team.

his first signing should be tiki barber

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:

Yeah we should be using all of the current salary cap shit as it's depicted in regular franchise (as I think that's what interfaces with league manager initially?)

Rorschach

Yeah, speed thing ain't flyin'. Williams just torched a guy 7 points faster than him. I think it depends on your overall rating whether the HOT PURSUIT thing engages or not.

Striker

LukeSmith said:
Yeah we should be using all of the current salary cap shit as it's depicted in regular franchise (as I think that's what interfaces with league manager initially?)
Is the Madden League Manager connected with Madden '12 yet?

Just registered there if I need to be or not, wasn't sure.

Ferny

Striker said:
Is the Madden League Manager connected with Madden '12 yet?

Just registered there if I need to be or not, wasn't sure.

Yeah it is. Everything is working well with it so far. I think he is rolling out some features slowly though.

eznark

Banned
No idea what these points are at the end of the game, but why do I get penalized for playing multiple games? I keep getting -xxx points for "X games played penalty."

Also, what are those points for??

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
btw the bills playbook is my default book on ultimate team so i had to use it but it's actually got some pretty good sets!

Yeah, it's a good book, could be better.

In order for it to be more authentic they'd need to throw in a couple of more Twin receiver sets in I formations. They'd also have to add a tight receiver in some formations, but overall it's pretty fucking spot on.

eznark said:
No idea what these points are at the end of the game, but why do I get penalized for playing multiple games? I keep getting -xxx points for "X games played penalty."

Yeah, I'd like to know this as well.

You've completed 5 games, we will penalize you for it!

eznark said:

i don't get that either. i think the points might be for ultimate team cards?

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol what a bunch of sorry ass players on both sides.

explain MUT. i win, so i get coins, i buy card packs to build up my team? what happens if i lose?

you would get like 20 coins like I did.

eznark said:

Was that you who just whooped me? Who's thekranz?

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i don't get that either. i think the points might be for ultimate team cards?

Or you can drop 2000 coins on EA's super valuable opponent scouting reports.

EA SPORTS SCOUTING REPORT FOR: LIVEWIRE - THROWS LOTS OF INTERCEPTIONS

LukeSmith

If CJ doesn't sign before the season starts what are we doing about him?

(EA should just remove him from the rosters they can add him back in later!)

eznark

Banned
LukeSmith said:
If CJ doesn't sign before the season starts what are we doing about him?

(EA should just remove him from the rosters they can add him back in later!)
He'll be paid DLC. Free to season pass holders, though!

Rorschach

eznark said:
He'll be paid DLC. Free to season pass holders, though!
No, that would add actual value to season pass. Season Pass holders get to pay extra, but they get a star next to their names if they download CJ.

bluemax

Banned
Just finished a fairly Seahawks esque game against the Panthers.

T-Jack completed 73% of his passes for just over 200 yards, 2 TDs and 3 INTs all of which were bad decisions by me. BMW had a nice catch and run after a missed tackle for his first TD.

Lynch had like 25 yards rushing in the first half, 30 or so in the third quarter and then a good 50 in the fourth.

$Cam Newton pretty much only passed on third downs and took off running on most of them. He completed 44% of his passes for like 80 some odd yards, most of which came on a 40 yard Hail Mary. He rushed for 30ish yards. DeAngelo Williams gashed me for over 100 yards rushing, including 51 on one play where the AI went wonky (And I user control whiffed a bunch of tackles).

One thing I'm proud of is that I had 13 completions to Rice and BMW, and only like 5 completions to other guys. I may not be able to go down field all that well, but I can actually do more than dink it 5 yards at a time like last year.

Rorschach said:
Yeah, speed thing ain't flyin'. Williams just torched a guy 7 points faster than him. I think it depends on your overall rating whether the HOT PURSUIT thing engages or not.

On the aforementioned 51 yard TD by DeAngelo Williams I saw some of this. He didn't get caught, but I think half of my defensive players were right there when he crossed the goal line. There's no way that happens in real life.

Striker

GG LJ. Offensive line did pretty well for me. Love the left side of Thomas-Steinbach-Mack. The stats didn't show it, but I really liked running with Hillis. Kept getting yards after contact.

Tried few different things in the second half, none really worked. I would say Wildcat is off limits because it had nowhere to go.

Also that missed XP lol. First time using the meter online. Expect some total lawl's all around for that. May miss some potential game winners because of it.

LJ11

Yeah, good game Striker, I really can't throw the football well. Timing is just off. On one deep in I expected Steve Johnson to cut inside, threw it knowing his route would break that way, but he went deep instead because I threw it while he was stemming it deep. In NCAA I would just lob over the LB and the WR would run his route and go to the football.

On that out you returned for a TD, I saw Parrish come open, threw towards the sideline but it's as if the ball just kind of hung there and your DB was able to catch up and nab it.

Did you see me planting your Center and guards with Dareus/Williams? I would just throw them to the ground, but the animation kept taking both players towards the ground so it was useless and you were able to churn yards.

Haven't beaten anyone that's in the league, I'm fodder this year.

LiveWire

LJ11 said:
Did you see me planting your Center and guards with Dareus/Williams? I would just throw them to the ground, but the animation kept taking both players towards the ground so it was useless and you were able to churn yards.

I noticed that animation too, with Adam Carriker or Ryan Kerrigan. While it's neat to see an Olineman getting blown up, there's no way to disengage so it's actually worse than getting no penetration at all.

LukeSmith

bluemax said:
Just finished a fairly Seahawks esque game against the Panthers.

T-Jack completed 73% of his passes for just over 200 yards, 2 TDs and 3 INTs all of which were bad decisions by me. BMW had a nice catch and run after a missed tackle for his first TD.

Lynch had like 25 yards rushing in the first half, 30 or so in the third quarter and then a good 50 in the fourth.

$Cam Newton pretty much only passed on third downs and took off running on most of them. He completed 44% of his passes for like 80 some odd yards, most of which came on a 40 yard Hail Mary. He rushed for 30ish yards. DeAngelo Williams gashed me for over 100 yards rushing, including 51 on one play where the AI went wonky (And I user control whiffed a bunch of tackles).

One thing I'm proud of is that I had 13 completions to Rice and BMW, and only like 5 completions to other guys. I may not be able to go down field all that well, but I can actually do more than dink it 5 yards at a time like last year.

On the aforementioned 51 yard TD by DeAngelo Williams I saw some of this. He didn't get caught, but I think half of my defensive players were right there when he crossed the goal line. There's no way that happens in real life.

This is a recap of a game you played against a person and not the CPU.

Right?

I'm trying to get some measurements.
Care-Meter_1.png

Sanjuro

Raiders are a fucking cheese team as well. Gah.

You guys going to be around tonight? Want to play after the Sox game.

Top Bottom