• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Birdman02

GG McNe1ly. Pretty easy to play defense when I'm putting every other pass in your defender's lap. I should've just kept running the ball.

McNei1y

gg Bird. AP's td run was extremely lucky breaking that tackle in the backfield. I need to get a new line because they can't block worth shit.

Birdman02 said:
GG McNe1ly. Pretty easy to play defense when I'm putting every other pass in your defender's lap. I should've just kept running the ball.

Yeah. And now EJ's down. Uh Oh. [Edited for more obscurity]

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
McNei1y said:
gg Bird. AP's td run was extremely lucky breaking that tackle in the backfield. I need to get a new line because they can't block worth shit.

*Added to notebook

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Me, Ram, and Smokey clinch playoff spots if we win one or Nightz loses one.

Luke needs either two wins, a win and a Nightz/Crow loss, or two losses by Nightz (I'm only going down to conference record tie breaker).

Nightz needs to win out and have Luke lose one to force tiebreakers. (Not gonna calculate the winner, too much work)

Crow needs to win out and have Nightz and Luke lose two. Ram, Smokey, and I are safe due to conference record (and I have head to head tiebreaker over Crow).

Rors has obviously clinched the division and a first round bye. That happened like during the pre-season.

Like I alluded to before, the second bye gets a little crazy.

Right now Smokey, Ram, and I are tied record wise. If the season ended today, Smokey gets it because I'd be eliminated due to divisional tie breaker (divisional record) and Smokey beat Ram head to head. If Smokey loses one and Ram wins out, Ram gets the bye and the #2 seed. If Ram loses one and both Smokey and I win out, I get the #2 seed by virtue of head to head record.

I think that wraps it up.

LiveWire

Sorry to hear AT. I should be back home tomorrow night after football around 8 or 9 Pacific. If we can't get it in before then I guess it will be simmed, cause I'm out all Wed night.

Striker

The Albatross said:
I'm hoping that we'll be back up by tomorrow. I have no idea if we will or not.
I sent 'Tross a PM about it.

If he isn't back online by advance time, I just told him I wouldn't mind simming it. Turn off injuries so he doesn't come back online and find Fitzgerald out with a spinal injury.

wait

are we actually positive that the playoff seeding and tie-breaking rules will happen the way we expect it to? wasn't it all fucked up in '10 I don't know if it changed

bluemax

Banned
This is totally random, but why the fuck does almost everyone in this league have a losing record in road games? 18 out of 32 teams are below .500 in road games. 2 teams are exactly .500 and 5 teams are only 1 game over .500, so really only 7 teams in this league have been particularly good at winning road games (unsurprisingly these are 7 of the top 8 teams in the league).

Is there some kind of Nintendo style inherent advantage built into the game for home teams?

Striker

bluemax said:
This is totally random, but why the fuck does almost everyone in this league have a losing record in road games? 18 out of 32 teams are below .500 in road games. 2 teams are exactly .500 and 5 teams are only 1 game over .500, so really only 7 teams in this league have been particularly good at winning road games (unsurprisingly these are 7 of the top 8 teams in the league).

Is there some kind of Nintendo style inherent advantage built into the game for home teams?
I always look at it that the Dawg Pound gives me some home support.

2a8qp9c.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Oh yeah and AFC East is currently led by the 7-7 Jets. 6-7 Bills have yet to play their game against the 5-8 Dolphins.

If the Bills win out they win the division by virtue of the divisional record tiebreaker.

The Jets need to win out and have Buffalo lose one or win one and Buffalo get wiped out.

The Dolphins have three remaining divisional games. If they win all three, they get the division.

The Pats need two wins, a Bills loss against the Broncos, and two Jets losses.

This shit is so up for grabs. Once Drizz and Mik play it'll be much easier to make a prediction, but right now it's so open I can't even make a call.

Sanjuro

I always have fun playing in leagues, but in this variation of Madden I still feel that All-Pro would balance things out a bit. The people who dominate will still dominate. All-Madden is just too fucking soul crushing at times. :'(

Sanjuro

Wellington said:
Oh yeah and AFC East is currently led by the 7-7 Jets. 6-7 Bills have yet to play their game against the 5-8 Dolphins.

If the Bills win out they win the division by virtue of the divisional record tiebreaker.

The Jets need to win out and have Buffalo lose one or win one and Buffalo get wiped out.

The Dolphins have three remaining divisional games. If they win all three, they get the division.

In the grand scheme of things there is no reason why I should have lost the division. The way the game has been treating me I could have a 40 point lead and blow it somehow.

Still undefeated against Wellington though! (Custom Achievement Point)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I always have fun playing in leagues, but in this variation of Madden I still feel that All-Pro would balance things out a bit. The people who dominate will still dominate. All-Madden is just too fucking soul crushing at times. :'(
No way, we still have guys averaging close to 30 PPG no problem.

DCX

DCX
If I can stay away from throwing an int in my two games I will unlock a custom achievement, " didn't throw 20 ints in a season "

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
In the grand scheme of things there is no reason why I should have lost the division. The way the game has been treating me I could have a 40 point lead and blow it somehow.

Still undefeated against Wellington though! (Custom Achievement Point)
You, Drizz, and Levious are undefeated against me, I am a combined 0-8. Pulling for Ferny or Mik lol.

Rorschach

[edit]Game is unplayable on All-pro. It's almost NCAA bad.
bluemax said:

FMT's one loss is at home! I just had the worst "Madden" game of the season and it was at home. Maybe it's random when the game decides you must lose.

Noticed Jags are road warriors and the Bears are the opposite. 0 wins for the Bears on the road and 6 wins at home.

Sanjuro

Wellington said:
No way, we still have guys averaging close to 30 PPG no problem.
I can still score apparently, but then the game Tebows me. Me and Crow wen't back and forth and were tied 14-14 going into the first half. He then scored 33 unanswered points.

That game wasn't the best example really. There have been other times where I'm doing the right things and the game simply punishes me.

EDIT: I haven't had much experience on All-Pro this season, so Rors is probably right. I just remember in the past it was more of a balanced setting for players of various skillsets.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
[edit]Game is unplayable on All-pro. It's almost NCAA bad.

FMT's one loss is at home! I just had the worst "Madden" game of the season and it was at home. Maybe it's random when the game decides you must lose.

Noticed Jags are road warriors and the Bears are the opposite. 0 wins for the Bears on the road and 6 wins at home.

It just seems really weird. I know in past seasons I've had the same problem of not being able to win on the road.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
We should cut some of the people who haven't played some slack. Remember, the McRib is back!
That commercial where the guy was saying he couldn't go on his honeymoon cause the McRib was back had me rolling.

I've never had one, maybe I should try it. (Looks gross as fuck tho)

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
I like how the game calls my stadium "San Diego Stadium" and not Qualcomm. Home field advantage right there!
Yea, MSG is always called New York Arena :( annoys the piss outta me.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Yea, MSG is always called New York Arena :( annoys the piss outta me.

DCX
I understand Qualcomm, but not calling MSG - MSG is blasphemy of the highest order.

Scratch that, it's been called Qualcomm stadium since 97, that's pretty dumb.

Ferny

Wellington said:

This shit is so up for grabs. Once Drizz and Mik play it'll be much easier to make a prediction, but right now it's so open I can't even make a call.
Our division is more entertaining than a Kim K wedding! ZING

daw840

I turned the announcers off a looooong time ago. They suck especially bad this year. The things they say don't even match what's going on!

Rorschach

daw840 said:
I turned the announcers off a looooong time ago. They suck especially bad this year. The things they say don't even match what's going on!
I usually mute the tv. Backfired on me last game when I couldn't get the volume bar to go away. :|

I'll change the settings next time.

Smokey

Wellington said:
Me, Ram, and Smokey clinch playoff spots if we win one or Nightz loses one.

Luke needs either two wins, a win and a Nightz/Crow loss, or two losses by Nightz (I'm only going down to conference record tie breaker).

Nightz needs to win out and have Luke lose one to force tiebreakers. (Not gonna calculate the winner, too much work)

Crow needs to win out and have Nightz and Luke lose two. Ram, Smokey, and I are safe due to conference record (and I have head to head tiebreaker over Crow).

Rors has obviously clinched the division and a first round bye. That happened like during the pre-season.

Like I alluded to before, the second bye gets a little crazy.

Right now Smokey, Ram, and I are tied record wise. If the season ended today, Smokey gets it because I'd be eliminated due to divisional tie breaker (divisional record) and Smokey beat Ram head to head. If Smokey loses one and Ram wins out, Ram gets the bye and the #2 seed. If Ram loses one and both Smokey and I win out, I get the #2 seed by virtue of head to head record.

I think that wraps it up.
This shit cray. I'm glad we have ppl who take the time to do this. I'm probably going to lose to Luke (bc of bf3 and he is elite with manning) but I will not, under any circumstance lose to the pheeniks titans.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
This shit cray. I'm glad we have ppl who take the time to do this. I'm probably going to lose to Luke (bc of bf3 and he is elite with manning) but I will not, under any circumstance lose to the pheeniks titans.
This is what I thought too...

2E6AT.jpg

Smokey

Wellington said:
This is what I thought too...

2E6AT.jpg
But....

I have foster who I have been saving majority of season
I have tony g
And I have Andre

If I lose to Luke that game has real implications.

It won't happen I GUARANTEE IT

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
I'm missing the playoffs so I can trade and get that Tight End with 90 speed before Crow or Bob!
:( that would be disaster! Tamme, cheeseball, and Clark :'( 3te sets all de day.

DCX

Top Bottom