• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

daw840

Except....you don't need a QB. LOL.

On that note, that's probably the last game of the season I even had a chance at winning. The Crow win was probably more a fluke than anything....and I'll be lucky to even score against Rors.

eznark

Banned
Whatever I do to pass just gets destroyed in the elements. I don't know if I press too hard or what, but in the elements I just have no idea where the ball is going. Plus, now Finley is hurt. Awesome.

At least with the Bengals I had an excuse.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
isnt drizzler on vacation or something as well. Let AT/Livewire play and sim the other two or let Striker/Mik play the CPU

eznark said:
Whatever I do to pass just gets destroyed in the elements. I don't know if I press too hard or what, but in the elements I just have no idea where the ball is going. Plus, now Finley is hurt. Awesome.

i notice in frisco with high winds i have to steer the ball a bit more with kapernick. for instance, if i'm playing in a dome and i have an out pattern to vernon davis, i just need to not be moving the left stick after my drop back and fire the ball in there and it's usually right on target.

but in frisco, with heavy winds, i have noticed that a lot of the time i need to aim it behind the receiver or its over thrown. so if i have vernon lined up on the right side running an out, as i throw the ball i need to be pressing the left stick to the left and lead it back. this is sometimes dangerous if he hasn't cleared a zone or if its tight man coverage, but if there is some space the ball will get there safely. the problem with this approach is that it doesn't really allow as much RAC yards :/

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i notice in frisco with high winds i have to steer the ball a bit more with kapernick. for instance, if i'm playing in a dome and i have an out pattern to vernon davis, i just need to not be moving the left stick after my drop back and fire the ball in there and it's usually right on target.

but in frisco, with heavy winds, i have noticed that a lot of the time i need to aim it behind the receiver or its over thrown. so if i have vernon lined up on the right side running an out, as i throw the ball i need to be pressing the left stick to the left and lead it back. this is sometimes dangerous if he hasn't cleared a zone or if its tight man coverage, but if there is some space the ball will get there safely. the problem with this approach is that it doesn't really allow as much RAC yards :/

I didn't even know that was a thing

eznark said:
I didn't even know that was a thing

you can also press up to have them jump or down to throw low. it's an inexact system because on fly patterns if i push up it doesn't necessarily make them jump for the ball, just leads it out farther. but on slant plays (for instance) they do jump sometimes.

test it out in practice mode.... bruh!

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you can also press up to have them jump or down to throw low. it's an inexact system because on fly patterns if i push up it doesn't necessarily make them jump for the ball, just leads it out farther. but on slant plays (for instance) they do jump sometimes.

test it out in practice mode.... bruh!

Heh, awesome. I did it all the time in NCAA but I figured it was one of those great things that the Madden retards never bothered to bring over.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Drizzler and I have tentatively scheduled to have buttsex at 11:30 eastern.

And by "buttsex," I mean "buttsex."

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
eznark said:

That reminds me. Can't wait until Dalton advances this offseason to like 75/76. :)

Wouldn't want to advance without giving albatross a fair shot since he does have playoff implications!

bluemax

Banned
daw840 said:
GG EZ,

You won the suck for Luck battle today!

JK, I don't tank. Go hard every time. Unlike Bob's tankin ass!

Bob ruined his best chance to tank by beating me!

bluemax said:
Neo Gaffe Race for the Bottom
Week 16 Standings

1. Packers 3-11
1. Seahawks 3-11
3. Ravens 3-10-1
4. Redskins 3-10*
4. Browns 3-10*
6. Chiefs 4-10
6. Rams 4-10
6. Cowboys 4-10
9. Titans 4-9-1
10. Falcons 5-9 (Belongs to the Browns)
10. Patriots 5-9
12. Dolphins 5-8*
13. Bears 6-8
13. Jaguars 6-8
13. Lions 6-8
16. Bills 6-7*
17. Panthers 7-7
17. Jets 7-7
17. Saints 7-7
20. Cardinals 7-6*
21. Broncos 8-6
21. Vikings 8-6
23. Chargers 9-5
23. Colts 9-5
25. Buccs 10-4
25. Stealers 10-4
25. Bengals 10-4
25. Texans 10-4
29. Giants 10-3*
30. Eagles 11-3
31. 49ers 13-1
32. Raiders 14-0
*Has yet to play week 15 game

Lysol Toilet Bowl Game of the Week for Week 16:

Browns @ Ravens

Two bitter rivals face off once more!

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
And then they will quietly lose to the 9ers in the playoffs.

[edit] WTF>?! Even Kaepernick can lead passes? Why the fuck can't Campbell?!

While you quietly win the AFC, stomping everyone out.

bluemax

Banned
eznark said:
Do I have the tie breaker?

I have no idea! I try to list everything alphabetically because in the past that was the only tie breaker that EA knew how to implement.

I suppose this is the actual tie breaker:

3. The next tiebreaker is strength of schedule. This is determined by calculating the combined record of the 16 opponents of each team. The records of divisional opponents are counted twice because they are each played twice. The combined number of wins and losses for each team adds up to 256. The team whose opponents combined for the fewest wins has the weaker strength of schedule and gets to pick first. That's because the team that gets the same record against weaker opponents is the weaker team.

Let me look at SoS!

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
That reminds me. Can't wait until Dalton advances this offseason to like 75/76. :)

Wouldn't want to advance without giving albatross a fair shot since he does have playoff implications!
74 according to dummy league

DCX

bluemax

Banned
Seahawks
13-1
10-4
7-6
5-9
10-3
3-10
10-4
4-10
3-10
4-10
3-10
11-3
4-10
6-8
13-1
7-6
Total: 113 wins

Packers
7-7
7-7
6-8
8-6
5-9
4-10
8-6
9-5
8-6
10-4
6-8
10-3
14-0
4-10
6-8
6-8
Total: 118 wins

Looks like I'd have the tie breaker! Of course the Browns, Redskins and Ravens are all still hanging around so nothing is settled yet!

bluemax

Banned
daw840 said:
You guys are crazy to think EA actually goes that far into the tie breakers.

Hence why I've been listing things in alphabetic order since I figured that was the only actual tie breaker.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
74 according to dummy league

DCX
BI5G7.jpg

Andy makes me appreciate what I always had with Eli.

Andy:

OVR - 71, THP - 85, TAS - 86, TAM - 79, TAD - 63

Eli:

OVR - 88, THP - 90, TAS - 88, TAM - 85, TAD - 84

:(

Mrbob

bluemax said:
Bob ruined his best chance to tank by beating me!

You threw 5 ints, I kicked 4 field goals! What am I supposed to do? :( You out tanked me you sonfoabeech.

If someone has a top 3 pick, I'm interested and will pay to move up.

Wellington said:
Eli:

OVR - 88, THP - 90, TAS - 88, TAM - 85, TAD - 84

So overrated.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
You threw 5 ints, I kicked 4 field goals! What am I supposed to do? :( You out tanked me you sonfoabeech.

If someone has a top 3 pick, I'm interested and will pay to move up.

So overrated.
pJbVa.jpg

Sanjuro

I've had a few people message me about Mallet, but would any of you actually be interested in Brady? Might as well start prepping my offseason.

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I've had a few people message me about Mallet, but would any of you actually be interested in Brady? Might as well start prepping my offseason.
Gimme Mallett. Brady disgusts me.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

let brady come home to frisco! i'll give you whatever you want besides patrick willis

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
let brady come home to frisco! i'll give you whatever you want besides patrick willis

How many times do you have to be told to stop offering your mouth for virtual players?

Sanjuro

FrenchMovieTheme said:
I'd be looking for a bit. Probably along the lines of a couple draft picks and a player.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'd be looking for a bit. Probably along the lines of a couple draft picks and a player.

likes i said, name what you want and we'll see!

although i don't know if it will happen since some people would have a fit about it :D

Top Bottom