• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LiveWire

bluemax said:
Shpanks!

The battle for the #1 overall pick rages on!
You aren't tied for 1st because you beat me. How are the Packers above me? Anyway it's all probably moot with EA's lack of use of real NFL tiebreakers.

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
You aren't tied for 1st because you beat me. How are the Packers above me? Anyway it's all probably moot with EA's lack of use of real NFL tiebreakers.

I've covered this before! I just list the teams in alphabetic order. I have no idea what the actual tie breakers are or will be. I list all teams with equal records as being "tied" for this reason.

LiveWire

bluemax said:
I've covered this before! I just list the teams in alphabetic order. I have no idea what the actual tie breakers are or will be. I list all teams with equal records as being "tied" for this reason.

OK. I didn't do the entire league, but according to real NFL draft tiebreakers, Redskins still hold the #1 pick due to their lowest strength of schedule (.511). Packers have a .544.

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
OK. I didn't do the entire league, but according to real NFL draft tiebreakers, Redskins still hold the #1 pick due to their lowest strength of schedule (.511). Packers have a .544.

As discussed yesterday, this assumes that EA actually uses the real tiebreakers.

Mrbob

Poor Livewire. Shouldn't have won that game against the Pats! You had the top pick in your own destiny, but now it is in the hands of the Madden gods.

Striker

I am fine with a sim if it is for Tross. He has some playoff implications, though, and if somehow the CPU Browns won I'm sure he wouldn't be too pleased.

Nightz

The Albatross said:
Still powerless fellas. If I'm still out at 8:00pm EST tonight, do what you will. I really don't even know that if power comes back, whether my internet is still up or not... We've got no idea.

SO, if you can wait for me till 8pm EST.. and then just let the hand of god take over after.

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dang i missed that. poor tross i hope he doesn't get burned by this :(
If you want me to make sure he wins, I can set my depth chart and have him face off against former Duke Blue Devil Thaddeus Lewis! And I can bench Hillis/Thomas/Rubin/Haden/Ward.

Wellington said:
Guys, what the fuck. I need either the Jets or Bills to win the division so I have a shot at the divisional round. I can't beat Sanjo and Drizzler
cheeseballs

We're short one game but it has no impact on the AFC Playoffs. What I said before about me, Smokey, Ram, Luke, Rors, Nightz, and Crow still applies.

AFC East:

Jets - 7-7, 2-3 divisional (NYG, @Miami)

Bills - 6-8, 2-3 divisional (Buffalo, @ NE)

Dolphins - 6-8, 3-1 divisional (@NE, NYJ)

Patriots - 5-9, 2-2 divisional (Miami, Buffalo)

This is about as crazy as it gets.

Jets control their destiny, obviously, but they aren't beating AT. Assuming that loss, the Dolphins control their own destiny.

After that it gets stupid with the tiebreakers so I'm not going to go crazy.

Both the Dolphins and the Jets currently control there own destiny. We play each other still. I don't need him to lose to AT.

That game last night was so damn fun. Was at a house party in Tallahassee playing on a projector with 10-20 people watching. That first timeout was because some jackass hit me with a pie. I was able to repay the favor later tho!

Rorschach

Striker said:
If you want me to make sure he wins, I can set my depth chart and have him face off against former Duke Blue Devil Thaddeus Lewis! And I can bench Hillis/Thomas/Rubin/Haden/Ward.
It re-organizes your depth chart for the sim, I think.

If you want to sim our game, im happy with that. Probably wont have power till tomorrow. Natl grid is saying thursday for us, but I'm fairly certain its going to be tomorrow.

Oh and I don't mind. I should have had my act together early in the season. btw does anybody know why freaking gaf secondapps screws up with the keyboard? hitting reply or send pm button is all but impossible sometimes

The Albatross said:
Oh and I don't mind. I should have had my act together early in the season. btw does anybody know why freaking gaf secondapps screws up with the keyboard? hitting reply or send pm button is all but impossible sometimes

well you won the game! take care of business in your final 2 and you have a playoff spot

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well you won the game! take care of business in your final 2 and you have a playoff spot
Please don't hurt me albatross. :|

Next advance is Friday at 9 PST right? I'll wait as long as I have to 'tross!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Striker said:
Levious, when we advance, can you play tonight? I'm gonna be available for a good portion.

don't think I can tonight, I'll be free tomorrow after 6:30 est.

daw840

Rorschach said:
Let me know, Daw. I'll be home in approximately one hour.

Gonna have to be tomorrow bro'sky. I'll bend over the bed nicely for you, you won't have to keep hitting my legs.

Top Bottom