• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

BigAT

Ferny said:
GG AT

I felt like I played defense well but just couldn't get going on offense at all.
GG. I really couldn't get anything going on offense for the most part, I felt like there were a ton of opportunities for big plays that I wasn't able to capitalize on for whatever reason. Can't believe I missed that kick.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
Guess I'll go give shitty BF3 MP another chance...

Rors you have such bad taste, it's unbelievable.

GG Story, the snow sucked, all of my passes were sailing, and your guys couldn't hold on to the ball, lol. Polamalu forgot to put the stick'em on his gloves prior to the game. -_-

bluemax said:
GG FMT! My first INT free game of the season. Red zone offense still sucks though :(

gg, definitely thought you had me there when you went up 14-3. just couldn't get my passing game going in the 1st half. horrible read i made on that int and then vernon davis dropped a few passes as he always does. thankfully, for the first time all season, i made use of BOTH crabtree and edwards in the same game.

and gore was gore! i forgot to check aldon smiths injury. probably out for the year.... fucking lame!

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg, definitely thought you had me there when you went up 14-3. just couldn't get my passing game going in the 1st half. horrible read i made on that int and then vernon davis dropped a few passes as he always does. thankfully, for the first time all season, i made use of BOTH crabtree and edwards in the same game.

and gore was gore! i forgot to check aldon smiths injury. probably out for the year.... fucking lame!

Man, FMT losing his swag going into the playoffs!

lol, so after beating an undefeated team, I drop a spot in the Power Rankings on that site, brilliant.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Aldon Smith and Kam Chancellor both broke Collarbones in this game. Smith is out 7 weeks, Chancellor is out 10.

Looking at my passing stats, since switching to Whitehurst I have a better completion percentage, more yards more TDs and TEN fewer sacks. I also have 3 more INTs :(

The sack difference is really weird though, I wonder if I just learned to get rid of the ball sooner.

LiveWire

McNei1y said:
GG man. I feel you with the skins. I was surprised you didn't have Beck or Grossman.

Tanico is much more mobile and is more accurate. Now if only I could get receivers other than Cooley and Moss who turn and look for the ball, lol. Al Davis would be proud of my offense though.

Nightz

goldlion054 said:
Lol, you will forever be branded with the EA early release sign
Haha, and I didn't even get it for Madden.

Anyways, that was a really really good game. Definitely the most exciting one I've been a part of this season. I thought the game was going to turn around when you got that TD off the Tolbert fumble. Fortunately I was able to stay in the game and complete some deep passes. That FG attempt you had at the end of regulation felt like it was going in slow motion lol. I was lucky it missed.

Good fucking game Nightz! What a fucking tough loss to take when I know I had 2 opportunities to win it =(

1.) Fuck the ball warping through my defenders hands and into Antonio Gates hands (twice!) for a TD
2.) Chris Houston can't catch. No matter how many balls Rivers threw at him.
3.) That Quentin Jammer INT was bogus. That made me sooooo mad.

Most of the first half was some of the worst Madden I have played in my life. I thought you were gonna blow me out when Vincent blew the top off the double coverage. What can you do though? You shredded my defense and pulled it out in the clutch. What a scary passing game you have =(

Games like these are why I play in this league

EDIT: I should probably mention I thought you outplayed me in every aspect of this game. I don't know how I was even in it. Your defense bottled me up the entire game. I just got lucky with a few huge plays

Nightz

goldlion054 said:
EDIT: I should probably mention I thought you outplayed me in every aspect of this game. I don't know how I was even in it. Your defense bottled me up the entire game. I just got lucky with a few huge plays
I actually thought it was pretty even throughout. I don't think you're ever out of it with Megatron on your team.

I'm still alive in the playoff hunt. Rors will crush my hopes and dreams next week.

Rorschach

Nightz said:
Rors will crush my hopes and dreams next week.
iGzzS3bP9F6YQ.jpg

Ramirez

Nightz said:
I actually thought it was pretty even throughout. I don't think you're ever out of it with Megatron on your team.

I'm still alive in the playoff hunt. Rors will crush my hopes and dreams next week.

Just wait for the hard choke by Luke to end the season, it already started last week!

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:
Just wait for the hard choke by Luke to end the season, it already started last week!

You better hope for the hard choke and you getting a bye because if I get in I'm knocking you out in the Wildcard round. I'm going to do it before Rors even gets his shot at you

bluemax

Banned
Reasons bluemax's Seahawks are so bad:

1. First in the NFL in turnovers allowed (41)
2. 2nd in the NFL in third down attempts (122)
3. 3rd to last in the NFL in 3rd downs conversion pct (35.8%)

Looking at it, my defensive stats are all fairly middle of the road. If I could stop throwing picks and convert a few more third downs, I might not be so dreadful at this game!

bluemax said:
Reasons bluemax's Seahawks are so bad:

1. First in the NFL in turnovers allowed (41)
2. 2nd in the NFL in third down attempts (122)
3. 3rd to last in the NFL in 3rd downs conversion pct (35.8%)

Looking at it, my defensive stats are all fairly middle of the road. If I could stop throwing picks and convert a few more third downs, I might not be so dreadful at this game!

you going LB or QB with your 1st rounder?

Ramirez

LukeSmith said:
You better hope for the hard choke and you getting a bye because if I get in I'm knocking you out in the Wildcard round. I'm going to do it before Rors even gets his shot at you

Are you threatening me with more Pey Pey runs?

DCX

DCX
Bird, i'm home all day today..so if you can play at anytime today let me know. I will be gone around 4pm est and won't be able to play till 9:30pm est if you can't.

DCX

Ramirez said:
Rors you have such bad taste, it's unbelievable.

GG Story, the snow sucked, all of my passes were sailing, and your guys couldn't hold on to the ball, lol. Polamalu forgot to put the stick'em on his gloves prior to the game. -_-

GG. Everytime I tried to complete something downfield, those assholes dropped it. I can only dream of a time when I have a 90+ receiver!

Birdman02

DCX said:
Bird, i'm home all day today..so if you can play at anytime today let me know. I will be gone around 4pm est and won't be able to play till 9:30pm est if you can't.

DCX

Usually, I'd be able to play during my lunch break, but I don't think I'll be able to today...fiscal month-end at work :( It's probably gonna be closer to 10 est for me tonight.

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
Usually, I'd be able to play during my lunch break, but I don't think I'll be able to today...fiscal month-end at work :( It's probably gonna be closer to 10 est for me tonight.
Sounds good bro, see you then.

DCX

DCX

DCX
2012 NeoGAF Madden Season 1 Mock Draft

2011-NFL-Draft-Order1.jpg

logo_20.png
Packers 3-11- Having a perfect team, the Packers really don't have any needs persay and it would be best if they traded out of this spot. With that said an upgrade at OLB would be best. OLB Mike Crawford is the pick here. Instantly upgrades the defense overnight

logo_26.png
Redskins 3-11- Looking to trade out of this spot, the Redskins have many needs and it probably a good idea to get a ransom for this pick. They do have needs at QB/OL/RB/DL. If they keep the pick it would be smart to select QB Jeremy Riggs. Instantly gives Cooley and Moss a QB who can hit them in stride.

logo_28.png
Seahawks 3-11 Having needs at QB and CB, the Hawks have a tough choice to make here. I would guess QB Chandler Jones is the pick here. QB play makes a big difference.

logo_25.png
Ravens 3-10-1 Another stacked team with little holes to fill. They can go MLB here to groom in Ray Lewis' replacement or actually upgrade the TE position that remains thin when Heap left town. I think the Raven go TE here with Cody Hoppes. A gamebreaker that will open holes for Ray Rice and leave Boldin in single coverage.

logo_5.png
Browns 3-11 The Browns are in a delightful position with a top 5 pick and a top ten pick from the underachieving Falcons. The top QBs off the board only means the Colt bandwagon moves forward. The needs are many but at 5 MLB Jacorie Joplin is to good to miss. His versatility allow him to play any LB position.

logo_9.png
Chiefs 4-10 The Chiefs are kicking themselves missing out on Joplin ( soooo close ) The needs are at DT/OLB and could use upgrades at FS and CB. My guess at this spot would be DT Jorvante Manning. His upside and impact on the game could be Suh like. It would instantly upgrade the run D and help those CBs in coverage with the pressure he would generate.

logo_11.png
Cowboys 4-10 The needs for the Gurls are at C, DE and maybe FS. The best bet would be DE Marshyl Mckenzie. It would help generate a pure pass rush that would generate turnovers.

logo_24.png
Rams 4-10 The needs are many, the pick is going to be a WR. Bradford needs a number 1 target and no better than the best wideout in the draft De'Joshua Marshall The other needs can be taken care of in free agency.

logo_30.png
Titans 4-9-1 " The Legend Killer " is riding a wave of confidence after displaying the ability to take down the best the league has to offer. The needs are on both Lines. With Manning taken three spots back the Titans may have to settle for best available or reach for a C or DT. With this pick the Titans will go Dline and select DE OJ Morgan. They will convert him to play DT. At 6'2" 315lbs, he has the size and skill to convert.

logo_14.png
Falcons 5-9 (Belongs to the Browns) With a heavy heart i type this :( Going with Joplin at 5, the Browns are poised to add to an already stellar defense with an addition to the secondary. FS Mike Adams is in his last year and is going to start declining at 30 years of age so the Browns infused the secondary with a jolt of youth and All Pro talent in FS Marques Dawson

logo_22.png
Patriots 5-9 Lord Brady has been involved in trade talks which doesn't make any sense unless he gets a top three pick that would allow him to select Riggs or Jones. With that said SS Jye Boyd. Starts from day 1 and trys to help that weak Patriots secondary.

logo_1.png
Bears 6-8 Unable to out tank the best tankers in the business, The Bears are left out of the Fab Five of elite Madden draft talent. SS Chris Harris is to rich for Chicago's empty pockets so Boyd would have been a great replacement. I think the Bears will go best available and go with WR Antwan Barksdale walks into camp as the number 1 day 1.

logo_3.png
Bills 6-8 Fighting hard to stay in the playoff hunt, the Bills are an up and coming team with good talent at every position. The Oline needs an upgrade to help Fitz in the pocket and create holes for Jackson. The pick here should be T Jake Bucher.

logo_12.png
Dolphins 6-8 In the fight for a playoff spot the Phins looks to have needs @ RB and FS. I assume RB is going to be locked done by toss king Bush. So the only choice here is FS Tercel Aaron.

logo_17.png
Jaguars 6-8 Marcedes Lewis has become a hall of fame TE in one season. The only glaring need for the Jags is at CB which would make this an easy pick with CB Jamarion Franklin. Starts day 1

logo_19.png
Lions 6-8 The Lions are pissed, almost as bad when the Knicks lost Curry one pick before them :( Franklin was the only pick on the draft board they wanted. Now they have to reach for the second best Cb or go best available here. I think they will reach and go with CB Larry Washington.

logo_18.png
Jets 7-7 The needs are not many but DE. The reach but get a sloid player to shore up the Dline. DE Damion Beachum is the pick here.

logo_21.png
Panthers 7-7 The upstart Panthers need to improve the interior and no better than DT Montra Haynes

logo_27.png
Saints 7-7 The needs are simple. T,T and T. So the Saints choose one in T Tyree Walker

logo_7.png
Cardinals 8-6 Cards need little and are doing a great job with what they have but an upgrade at CB would help their cause. The pick is CB Brion Lawson.

logo_4.png
Broncos 8-6 Need major help at C ( not that it matters with Devine raping the league ) The pick here is C Erick Daniel

logo_31.png
Vikings 8-6 Vikings have holes at G, and OLB. best available here is LB Reggie Cooper

logo_8.png
Chargers 9-5 Could use upgrades at RB or DT. The play here is DT Bryce Houston

logo_10.png
Colts 9-5 Rumored to be trading into the top 5 this pick may or may not be theirs to pick with. If things stay the same the Colts could just end up picking best available at this point, especially on the Oline. The play here is G Brody Harris

logo_6.png
Buccs 10-4 Needs nothing defensively and could use a G upgrade. The pick here is G Quintin Green

logo_29.png
Steelers 10-4 The need here is to throw less ints :p Oline could also use an upgrade so lets pencil in the best one left in the draft regardless of position. T Isiac Strong

logo_2.png
Bengals 10-4 RB could use an upgrade and the best one here is RB Sterlin Freeman

logo_32.png
Texans 10-4 Looking to stuff the run, the Texans pair up Babineaux with DT Algrenon Spencer

logo_13.png
Eagles 11-3 Eagles would love to upgrade the LB position and do so here with MLB BJ Hall

logo_16.png
Giants 11-3 Needing Oline help, the GMen take T Stanley Wright here.

logo_15.png
49ers 13-1 Depth is nice :) And CB Prince Justice adds that and the ability to take over the top Cb spot in a few years.

logo_23.png
Raiders 14-0 What does a shitty team with a S user need? A better QB, so lets give him one with QB Jaxon Boone.

Yes, i'm bored and that took longer than i thought it would :) Enjoy.

DCX

Smokey

Gotdam :0

Also. The raiders really aren't shitty. In the NFL they pretty much have a track team on both sides of the ball. This translates extremely well to Madden of course. Their players except a few are not highly rated, but in the categories that matter in a videogame (outside of qb), I'd say they are top 5 easy. There's a reason randoms play with them quite often.

Nightz

Do you guys recall if we see player progression before the draft or after?

Edit: Though I could use an upgrade at DT, I think I have more pressing needs at SS (to replace fragile Bob!), OLB, CB, and RT.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
retirements and progression are shown prior to draft.

Oh, cool post DCX, I think I'm gonna lose plenty in free agency though. But I would never take a TE that high anyway.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Albatross said:
Ready pretty much whenever. Should be free tonight and tomorrow. Not free until late Friday. Free all day Saturday I THINK.
Would you be good to go at around 5 EST?

DCX: Awesome job with the mock, but I don't draft toys before solidifying myself in the trenches! I need more help both in stopping the run and running the ball upfront. Benson/Maroney/Scott is a serviceable trio.

Are we doing FA then draft or the reverse? FA then draft in real life iirc, and it might help control out of whack bids on FAs with us if we know that there is a safety net for positions of need with the draft.

Mrbob

levious said:
retirements and progression are shown prior to draft.

Oh, cool post DCX, I think I'm gonna lose plenty in free agency though. But I would never take a TE that high anyway.

If you want some value instead of drafting, let us talk on aim friend. :D

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
eznark said:
Where can I see the upcoming draft class?

I think league manager shows the upcoming class. Edit - wait, there used to be a draft tab under "front office," but I don't see it anymore.

Mrbob said:
If you want some value instead of drafting, let us talk on aim friend. :D

it would take quite a lot, not really trying to trade anyway. Plus you owe me future considerations for giving you your team back anyway :)

McNei1y

Nightz said:
Do you guys recall if we see player progression before the draft or after?

You can see them before. If I remember, everyone not in the playoffs it says "You are not in the playoffs" and it will say that until the super bowl. Then after the Super Bowl, the season will advance and the draft board will be an option as well as your player management screen. That screen will show the players and if they progressed and to what degree.

Great post DCX. You pretty much nailed my targets on the head.

Top Bottom