• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
DCX you know you have to keep winning to keep the Browns from getting a top 10 pick. Good job on the summary.
My plan is to finish strong. Starts tonight against the Saints.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Don't know what happened but I just lost $4MM in cap space from yesterday to today. I haven't made any transactions since adding Maroney a few weeks back. I was at $14.9MM or so but am now down to $10.8MM. Any idea what could have happened? Not at home to check my spreadsheet.

Nice post, but the Thomas/ Bush monster will work just fine. Don't see myself grabbing a Safety unless Dawkins retires, he's liking FS more than SS anyways. OLB, G, or CB is what I'm thinking with my round 1.

Sanjuro, I am expecting a call to go to a meeting sometime tonight. It's gonna be short and anytime after that I'm good to go. Playing very soon is also a possibility. What say you?

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
If you check back a few pages I posted a link to a google spreadsheet. The names are randomized but the ratings aren't.
Online franchise aren't random. Offline is.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
DCX said:
Online franchise aren't random. Offline is.

DCX

people have already shown dummy online franchises with different names. Ratings, attributes and colleges remain the same though.

LiveWire

Nice writeup DCX.

As a reminder to all looking for talent to fill out their rosters, all Skins players are on the trade block. Looking for picks.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Nice writeup DCX.

As a reminder to all looking for talent to fill out their rosters, all Skins players are on the trade block. Looking for picks.
Thanks :) also I have read that Riggs is the first online draft class. Dummy league helps confirm it. Plus many other leagues got the same ones.

DCX

Striker

I liked San Andreas, but liked Vice City more. I'm awaiting some gameplay stuff because I fell victim to the awful GTA 4 and its tank like walking movement. The location seems tons better than GTA 4 also, so at least that is improved.

Nightz

They need to work on their character animations. They all move like they have sticks up their butts. Best looking thing in that trailer was the windmills.

Smokey

Striker said:
I liked San Andreas, but liked Vice City more. I'm awaiting some gameplay stuff because I fell victim to the awful GTA 4 and its tank like walking movement. The location seems tons better than GTA 4 also, so at least that is improved.
Did you play the gta iv expansions? They were vastly improved over gta iv. Rockstar also had read dead right after which was a beast too. So between those 3 I've got faith that gta v will deliver. San andreas had a mind numbing amount of stuff to do and the game was huge with the cities and the country side in between.

Visually it won't look look that on consoles. It will be a vaseline covered slideshow. Pc version will look great though!

Mrbob

I'll be willing to trade picks.

@#TheRealTheoEpstein just told me Urlacher and Briggs might be available too

Smokey said:
Did you play the gta iv expansions? They were vastly improved over gta iv. Rockstar also had read dead right after which was a beast too. So between those 3 I've got faith that gta v will deliver. San andreas had a mind numbing amount of stuff to do and the game was huge with the cities and the country side in between.

Yeah the GTA4 expansions are great. Much better than the main game. I finished the biker one, and Games for Windows Live borked my Gay Tony save when I was like 3/4 through. Need to start that one over and hopefully not have GFWL screw up again!

BigAT

Vice City is still my favorite GTA. It was the perfect location and time period for the game to exist in and it hit on all the gameplay marks for me.

San Andreas was too big for its own good and I found GTA IV to be lifeless and disappointing.

bluemax

Banned
Just a quick break down of the draft based on DCX's mock:

By position
OLB 2
QB 3
TE 1
MLB 2
DE 3
WR 2
FS 2
SS 1
T 4
CB 4
DT 3
C 1
G 2
RB 1

By my count there are only 6 A/B rated defensive ends so if the draft plays out the way DCX has it there would be only 3 left after the first round! Also there are only 8 A/B rated CBs so same thing, half of them would be gone after 1 round. And lastly there would only be 1 B rated QB left as well.

On the flip side there would be a ton of B rated WRs and HBs left!

FMT it's happening again. Trying to sign Trevard Lindley to a 2 year deal. Wont let me. Randall Gay broke his collarbone -.-. If you don't see this by the time Sanjuro and I play I'm just gonna add him in game. I have the cap space.

levious

DCX said:
some have good stats though.

DCX

almost all of them do, I meant that was a good thing. Although how good is it when everyone gets their own.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
FMT it's happening again. Trying to sign Trevard Lindley to a 2 year deal. Wont let me. Randall Gay broke his collarbone -.-. If you don't see this by the time Sanjuro and I play I'm just gonna add him in game. I have the cap space.
And I'm missing $4 million dollars, help us FMT you're out only hope!

McNei1y

If these drafts are anything like previous madden titles then low rated players are still going to be pretty good. I remember I had like a 60 rated linebacker on one of my teams and he had speed, agi, and acceleration all above 80. His man and zone was mediocre (~60) yet his catching was really high. The dude got a lot of picks for me. It was awesome.

DCX

DCX
levious said:
almost all of them do, I meant that was a good thing. Although how good is it when everyone gets their own.
yea..there is value in multiple picks as you can really plug alot of holes with good-great talent who will come cheap and still perform " madden wise "

DCX

Mrbob

Will be nice to play someone in a proper time zone. Sunday Night football starting at 5PM what is up with that?

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
TE Hoppes is the biggest offensive difference maker in the draft.
90 speed matchup nightmare at TE.

He'd make CP7 an all-pro
truth..Levious says no lol

DCX

levious

drafting him in the top five would make me feel dumb, I don't care how much madden sense it makes.

Smokey

levious said:
drafting him in the top five would make me feel dumb, I don't care how much madden sense it makes.

This doesn't make sense.

You're playing Madden. So...wouldn't you want to do what makes Madden Sense?

Top Bottom