• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Birdman02

Saints will be listening to any and all trade offers..up to and including Brees. Sure, he'll be hard to get, but he could go if someone blew me away. Something just feels off with this team, and I can't figure out what exactly it is...maybe just my own inconsistency.

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
TE Hoppes is the biggest offensive difference maker in the draft.
90 speed matchup nightmare at TE.

He'd make CP7 an all-pro

If speed was all it took Cameron Morrah would've been a Madden TE legend! I held on to him for so long hoping his speed would do something, but alas.

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
If speed was all it took Cameron Morrah would've been a Madden TE legend! I held on to him for so long hoping his speed would do something, but alas.
look no further...

3AQmK.gif

DCX

Smokey

Fact:

Season 2 is when the cheese starts to flow. People pick and comb through the draft looking for broken rookies and let it flow during the season. It's a quest to see who can find the most broken player.

LukeSmith

Smokey said:
Fact:

Season 2 is when the cheese starts to flow. People pick and comb through the draft looking for broken rookies and let it flow during the season. It's a quest to see who can find the most broken player.

Year 3 is where the scrubs who got super players quit anyway because they are still bottom feeders.

DCX

DCX
levious said:
there wasn't even a year 3 last time was there?
Madden ten we lasted 6, i think i even took a brave few to 7/ Madden 11 we lasted 2 :( I have a Madden 10 vibe with 12...wtf am i even saying here lol

DCX

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Year 3 is where the scrubs who got super players quit anyway because they are still bottom feeders.

I quit because of crunch at work!

Although I was still pretty garbage even with Ace Garrison and LeRon James.

Nightz

DCX said:
Madden ten we lasted 6, i think i even took a brave few to 7/ Madden 11 we lasted 2 :( I have a Madden 10 vibe with 12...wtf am i even saying here lol

DCX
The year with Madden 10 was awesome. Glad I was able to get in the league that year.

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
The year with Madden 10 was awesome. Glad I was able to get in the league that year.
Yea, this franchise has the feel of that franchise. I don't see people dropping..they are very invested in their teams :) Love it.

DCX

Rorschach

lol Prince Justice...

I don't have a first round pick, DCX. It belongs to the Broncos. :D

Smokey said:
Gotdam :0

Also. The raiders really aren't shitty. In the NFL they pretty much have a track team on both sides of the ball. This translates extremely well to Madden of course. Their players except a few are not highly rated, but in the categories that matter in a videogame (outside of qb), I'd say they are top 5 easy. There's a reason randoms play with them quite often.
The online roster is not what the franchise roster was. If I hadn't revamped my offensive line and WRs, I'd be dead in the water. It would even be hard to run the ball. The defense is ok, but it doesn't make the team top 5, let alone "easy."

And random gameplay is not the same as the league gameplay. I can't drop back 20 yards and/or roll out every play and throw jet pack bombs to DHB.

Smokey

Yr 3 is when the drops will start. Everyone wants to stick around for at least 1 offseason and use the players they drafted.

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
Yr 3 is when the drops will start. Everyone wants to stick around for at least 1 offseason and use the players they drafted.
no one wants to play 2k12 so stop trying to plant seeds and guide an exodus.

DCX

Smokey

Rorschach said:
lol Prince Justice...

I don't have a first round pick, DCX. It belongs to the Broncos. :D

The online roster is not what the franchise roster was. If I hadn't revamped my offensive line and WRs, I'd be dead in the water. It would even be hard to run the ball. The defense is ok, but it doesn't make the team top 5, let alone "easy."

And random gameplay is not the same as the league gameplay. I can't drop back 20 yards and/or roll out every play and throw jet pack bombs to DHB.
You made some moves to help but they have always had players with key videogame attributes. One of those being damn trackstars on the field. I'm not saying their god tier but put them in the right positions which you obviously do, and they become hard to stop. That applies to any team I guess but my point being raiders aren't shit in this game. The attributes of your players translates very well to Madden.

TO for example. Dude is old in rl, but in Madden he's a beast especially with recievers this year being able to simply out jump corners for the ball and use their size. He wasn't on your team to begin with and you got him when nobody else was smart enough to do so.

I was broke so I couldn't do shit lol

daw840

Nightz said:

Indeed it was. The only time I've ever made the playoffs was with Favre's slangin ass and the Vikings!

Striker

Doesn't TO retire at season's end? Still would've been a nice one yr deal for me hadn't I gotten Nelson.

Levious, let's shoot for 7 or 8 est, if that is okay with you.

Rorschach

Smokey said:
You made some moves to help but they have always had players with key videogame attributes. One of those being damn trackstars on the field. I'm not saying their god tier but put them in the right positions which you obviously do, and they become hard to stop. That applies to any team I guess but my point being raiders aren't shit in this game. The attributes of your players translates very well to Madden.

TO for example. Dude is old in rl, but in Madden he's a beast especially with recievers this year being able to simply out jump corners for the ball and use their size. He wasn't on your team to begin with and you got him when nobody else was smart enough to do so.

I was broke so I couldn't do shit lol
But that's my point. TO was an aqcuisition along with 3/5 offensive lineman, OLB, the other starting WR, and a starting CB. The OF starting roster is shit for the Raiders. I acquired 8 starters this season. I like my current one outside of QB and TE. :D

If this shit was all about speed, I would have kept DHB or would start Ford over TO who is not very fast. TO wasn't that shitty his last year. He's just a douchebag and got injured in the off-season. His performance last year merits his attributes.

I love guys say it's all about speed, but no one put their money where their mouth was when DHB was on the market. I think only the Chefs bid.

The only "track stars" that Al Davis took who are still starting on my team are McFadden and Routt. But then again, Chris Johnson had a better 40 and Davis still took McFadden. Thank you, Al!

Ferny

I'm invested in the Jets. I think the fact that salary cap actually matters and you have to make decisions on who to keep and who to let go makes it really interesting.

Rorschach

Striker said:
Doesn't TO retire at season's end? Still would've been a nice one yr deal for me hadn't I gotten Nelson.

Levious, let's shoot for 7 or 8 est, if that is okay with you.
If he does, that will free up cap space. :3 Hopefully, Ford goes up. Wish I still had Murphy, but oh well! Lloyd is now!

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

-Megatron
-Suh

These are the only exceptions. I will trade any other player on the roster. I am open to any and all offers. Looking for DB! Willing to trade up in the draft! (looking at you Eznark).

Come at me fellas!

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
What would it take to get Peyton? If that someone who wants Peyton doesn't have a draft this year. :(
prolly first and seconds every year through the franchise :)

DCX

LukeSmith

goldlion054 said:

-Megatron
-Suh
-Fairley

These are the only exceptions. I will trade any other player on the roster. I am open to any and all offers. Looking for DB! Willing to trade up in the draft! (looking at you Eznark).

Come at me fellas!

Fixed!

Rorschach

goldlion054 said:

-Megatron
-Suh

Come at me fellas!
Let me know what you want for Mr Glass.

Smokey

Firesales for 2012 season have begun and we still have 2 weeks left of a playoff Chase in 2011.

I mean don't get me wrong. Trade area is my expertise so if its going down like I'm reading let me join the party lol!

Luke has based his entire offense around it and no one has said anything to him. ;)

£liteism

Mrbob

Smokey said:
Firesales for 2012 season have begun and we still have 2 weeks left of a playoff Chase in 2011.

I mean don't get me wrong. Trade area is my expertise so if its going down like I'm reading let me join the party lol!

Playoff spots are overrated. Especially with Rors on one side and FMT on the other. Go get dat cheese NOW.

Ramirez

Every time I think about trading someone, I feel sad knowing that I wouldn't have my complete Steelers team, where is the loyalty!?

NFC Wild Card Picture:

Cardinals (8-6) GB: 0
Saints (7-7) GB: 1.0
Panthers (7-7) GB: 1.0
Bears (6-8): GB: 2.0
Lions (6-9) GB: 2.5

• The Lions are out of the playoffs with their last loss.
  • The Vikings clinched their division with their last win.
  • For the Bears to get in, they would need to out; the Cardinals to lose out; and then hope that the Saints to lose out, and the Panthers to lose in Week 16. If the Panthers win in week 16, then the Bears cannot make the playoffs (they hold the tie breaker against the Panthers, so if they both went 8-8, the Bear would make it in).
  • For the Panthers to get in, they need to win out (beating the Saints), and have the Cardinals lose out, because the Cards hold a versus tie breaker with the Panthers, so if both finished 9-7, the Cardinals would have the edge.
  • For the Saints to get in, they would need to win out (beating the Panthers) and the Cardinals to lose out.
  • For the Cards, if the Cards win one game then they've clinched the last Wild Card spot over the Panthers, effectively eliminating the Panthers from the playoffs with one win (because the Cards hold the versus tie breaker over the Panthers). The Saints are slightly more complex -- if the Saints win out, and the Cards go 1 and 1, then both the Cards and Saints will have identical 9-7 records; they will also have identical 6-6 NFC records, which would then push to common games; Cards are 1 - 0 against the Panthers, Saints are 1 - 1 against the Panthers (assuming a win); We both went 1.00 against the Rams (me, 2 - 0, Saints 1 - 0), so Cards still have a 3 - 0 to 2 - 1; We both lost to the Vikings so, Cards 3 - 1; Saints 2 - 2. But Against the Giants, I lost, so we're both 3 - 2 against common opponents.

We're tied for Conference.
    In division, I'd be 3 & 3 (Assuming I beat Seattle to go 9-7). Assuming Saints Win out, they'd be 3 - 3 in division as well.

TO THE 5th tie breaker: Strength of Victory (I assume this means point differential in wins).
    Cardinals Strength of Victory: 94 points
    Saints Strength of Victory: 53 points.

If my calculations are correct, if the Cardinals and Saints both go 9 - 7, The Cardinals would have the tie breaker on the Strength of Victory tie breaker, unless the Saints win their final two games by a combined 42 points.

So, in short, Cards are the favorite for the Wild Card. If the Cards lose out, and the Saints & Panthers both win in Week 16, then the Saints & Panthers would be playing for the final Wild Card spot in Week 17. If the Cardinals win a game, they've clinched assuming EA has their tie breakers together.

DCX

DCX
The Albatross said:
NFC Wild Card Picture:

Cardinals (8-6) GB: 0
Saints (7-7) GB: 1.0
Panthers (7-7) GB: 1.0
Bears (6-8): GB: 2.0
Lions (6-9) GB: 2.5

• The Lions are out of the playoffs with their last loss.
  • The Vikings clinched their division with their last win.
  • For the Bears to get in, they would need the Cardinals, Saints, and Panthers to lose out, and the Bears to win out, and then hope that tie breakers fall in their favor with a four way tie, which I am unable to calculator.
  • For the Panthers to get in, they need to win out (beating the Saints), and have the Cardinals lose out, because the Cards hold a versus tie breaker with the Panthers, so if both finished 9-7, the Cardinals would have the edge.
  • For the Saints to get in, they would need to win out (beating the Panthers) and the Cardinals to lose out.
  • For the Cards, if the Cards win one game then they've clinched the last Wild Card spot over the Panthers, effectively eliminating the Panthers from the playoffs with one win (because the Cards hold the versus tie breaker over the Panthers). The Saints are slightly more complex -- if the Saints win out, and the Cards go 1 and 1, then both the Cards and Saints will have identical 9-7 records; they will also have identical 6-6 NFC records, which would then push to common games; Cards are 1 - 0 against the Panthers, Saints are 1 - 1 against the Panthers (assuming a win); We both went 1.00 against the Rams (me, 2 - 0, Saints 1 - 0), so Cards still have a 3 - 0 to 2 - 1; We both lost to the Vikings so, Cards 3 - 1; Saints 2 - 2. But Against the Giants, I lost, so we're both 3 - 2 against common opponents.

We're tied for Conference.
    In division, I'd be 3 & 3 (Assuming I beat Seattle to go 9-7). Assuming Saints Win out, they'd be 3 - 3 in division as well.

TO THE 5th tie breaker: Strength of Victory (I assume this means point differential in wins).
    Cardinals Strength of Victory: 94 points
    Saints Strength of Victory: 53 points.

If my calculations are correct, if the Cardinals and Saints both go 9 - 7, The Cardinals would have the tie breaker on the Strength of Victory tie breaker, unless the Saints win their final two games by a combined 42 points.

So, in short, Cards are the favorite for the Wild Card. If the Cards lose out, and the Saints & Panthers both win in Week 16, then the Saints & Panthers would be playing for the final Wild Card spot in Week 17. If the Cardinals win a game, they've clinched assuming EA has their tie breakers together.
I'll make this very easy, i'm beating the Saints tonight.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What I don't get about this whole thing is that there were only 2 players that actually did better after going through a draft or two - Crow and Sable. Everyone else pretty much stayed at the status quo. Luke got Mack but was already near the top of the league, same with FMT and Jack English, and Rors with his guy (forgot his name), LJ got Alain Jackson but let's face it, he still would have dominated all of us anyway (Except Rors!). This clamoring for the fake players is a little crazy. Not to play him but Bluemax had two top tier fictional guys in LeRon James and Ace Garrison and didn't do much better. Same with most of the rest of the league.

Eh, either way, if anyone wants my guys or my draft picks just make an offer. Not married to my team in the least, so I don't care.

Rorschach

I didn't get my QB until the last season and CB simmed injured him out of the playoffs so he couldn't do any real damage. :'(

I was rolling with Jake Delhomme!

LukeSmith

The first in a series:

MaddenGAF Franchise Facts

Dane Morrow ended up a Redskin where he set and then re-set the NFL Interceptions in a single season record in back to back seasons!

Top Bottom