• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
What I don't get about this whole thing is that there were only 2 players that actually did better after going through a draft or two - Crow and Sable. Everyone else pretty much stayed at the status quo. Luke got Mack but was already near the top of the league, same with FMT and Jack English, and Rors with his guy (forgot his name), LJ got Alain Jackson but let's face it, he still would have dominated all of us anyway (Except Rors!). This clamoring for the fake players is a little crazy. Not to play him but Bluemax had two top tier fictional guys in LeRon James and Ace Garrison and didn't do much better. Same with most of the rest of the league.

Eh, either way, if anyone wants my guys or my draft picks just make an offer. Not married to my team in the least, so I don't care.
Very true. The difference is the salary cap. I think people who manage their cap well can really distance themselves from others. Now if we are to believe that stick skills rule all then yes we are all playing for second place behind FMT and Rors.

There are some players who are borderline that with more talent could make them better. We shall see how it all pans out.

DCX

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
Dane Morrow ended up a Redskin where he set and then re-set the NFL Interceptions in a single season record in back to back seasons!
Yea an Kelly ended up in Pheenix hands..although now who knows what would happen with his apparent increase in stick skills

DCX

DCX said:
Yea, this franchise has the feel of that franchise. I don't see people dropping..they are very invested in their teams :) Love it.

DCX

I'll be honest, I traded my future away specifically because I figured that most people would drop out by mid-way through the season, and that advancing would be impossible, so I traded for Deangelo Williams just figuring that this league would be like every league I've ever been in.

I was wrong.

Ramirez

The Albatross said:
I'll be honest, I traded my future away specifically because I figured that most people would drop out by mid-way through the season, and that advancing would be impossible, so I traded for Deangelo Williams just figuring that this league would be like every league I've ever been in.

I was wrong.

We've been playing together for like 8-9 years!!

Smokey

The Albatross said:

I was wrong.

Rookie Mistake!

DCX

DCX
The Albatross said:

I was wrong.
how much u give up bro?

DCX

Mrbob

Rorschach said:
I think Wellington is his own counter-argument. He could use an overrated QB and a better runningback. :p

ohsnap.gif

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Not to play him but Bluemax had two top tier fictional guys in LeRon James and Ace Garrison and didn't do much better. Same with most of the rest of the league.

Wellie contributing a MaddenGAF Franchise Fact of his own here.

Nightz

Wellington said:
What I don't get about this whole thing is that there were only 2 players that actually did better after going through a draft or two - Crow and Sable. Everyone else pretty much stayed at the status quo. Luke got Mack but was already near the top of the league, same with FMT and Jack English, and Rors with his guy (forgot his name), LJ got Alain Jackson but let's face it, he still would have dominated all of us anyway (Except Rors!). This clamoring for the fake players is a little crazy. Not to play him but Bluemax had two top tier fictional guys in LeRon James and Ace Garrison and didn't do much better. Same with most of the rest of the league.

Eh, either way, if anyone wants my guys or my draft picks just make an offer. Not married to my team in the least, so I don't care.
I got better! Then again I didn't do it through the draft, but by trading picks instead. My Bengals ended up having Donald Brown, Antoine Bethea, John Abraham, and Derrick Johnson. I eventually made the playoffs too
after Fifty and Ramirez left

The Albatross said:

I was wrong.

In madden 10 we had 6 seasons i believe. Usually we get good mileage out of the game. Last year the disconnect problem crippled the league :(

LukeSmith

Nightz said:
I got better! Then again I didn't do it through the draft, but by trading picks instead. My Bengals ended up having Donald Brown, Antoine Bethea, John Abraham, and Derrick Johnson. I eventually made the playoffs too
after Fifty and Ramirez left

See, that was a great deal Nightz.

You got D-bro and Bethea and I got the fifth pick in the draft (Mack Jackson) and I flipped Mathis and my 1st for Birdles pick (I think) and got Prince Justin and ended up with 2 picks in the top 12 or so.

Smokey

So everybody is just going to happen like the Turner trade didn't happen. One of the greatest trades in our franchises' history. I also got Braylon Edwards that season too. Both were terrific deals for all parties involved.

It doesn't have to all happen through the draft!

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
So everybody is just going to happen like the Turner trade didn't happen. One of the greatest trades in our franchises' history. I also got Braylon Edwards that season too. Both were terrific deals for all parties involved.

It doesn't have to all happen through the draft!
LT was a straight up bitch...in hindsight my worse Madden trade ever. Took me two season to get back on track with Tank.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I think Wellington is his own counter-argument. He could use an overrated QB and a better runningback. :p
I don't doubt that. I tried to trade for Chris Johnson. My argument is more would I be much better with those guys? Maybe I wouldn't have gone through as deep a swoon as I did when I lost all of my guys, but as of right now I'm 10-4 and vying for the #2 seed. No matter what I would add to the team, I'd still be competing for the #2 seed.

The answer is yes, I'd pretty much fear for the rest of the league if I had CJ2K based on what I've been doing with Benson and Maroney. :D

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Myself, I just couldn't roll with Benson after he cried for his mom to make the cops stop pepper spraying him.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
This year's Gonzo trade hurt you more than the Turner deal.
Maybe. Although Gonzo was something 340 yards when he got traded. Between nelson, Onobun and oorcht I think they have replicated his output perfectly.

The only problem is Turner has gotten worse. Top 5 rushing all year then the last 5-6 games he hasn't hit 100 yards i don't think with 40 more likely his cap :/

DCX

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
I don't doubt that. I tried to trade for Chris Johnson. My argument is more would I be much better with those guys? Maybe I wouldn't have gone through as deep a swoon as I did when I lost all of my guys, but as of right now I'm 10-4 and vying for the #2 seed. No matter what I would add to the team, I'd still be competing for the #2 seed.

The answer is yes, I'd pretty much fear for the rest of the league if I had CJ2K based on what I've been doing with Benson and Maroney. :D

The RB draft is deep enough this year where you'll get someone you can use in either of the first couple rounds.

Or there's always FA!

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
There's always MVP candidate McFadden!

Why get McFadden when you can get the MVP RB leader Mikel LeShoure as a part of the Goldlion Firesale

Smokey said:
I don't think so. I think you're mis-remembering Clemens style how much of a beast Turner was in M10.

DCX hurt his team more losing Gonzo.

I'm not talking about what he did to the League in Madden 10, just what he did to Storybook's heart.

Sanjuro, can you play today?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
In madden 10 we had 6 seasons i believe. Usually we get good mileage out of the game. Last year the disconnect problem crippled the league :(

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
FMT it's happening again. Trying to sign Trevard Lindley to a 2 year deal. Wont let me. Randall Gay broke his collarbone -.-. If you don't see this by the time Sanjuro and I play I'm just gonna add him in game. I have the cap space.

Just like last time, Dropped Fulton and now he's on my team with a 0 year contract.

Wellington said:
And I'm missing $4 million dollars, help us FMT you're out only hope!

Help!

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Why get McFadden when you can get the MVP RB leader Mikel LeShoure as a part of the Goldlion Firesale.
You think I'm not going to get 25 yards against the chiefs? Really?

McFadden or bust!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
The RB draft is deep enough this year where you'll get someone you can use in either of the first couple rounds.

Or there's always FA!
Got other needs for the draft unfortunately. My defense is leaky as fuck and like I said above I need OL help.

I have exactly one target in FA, and I think Striker is going to bid the price up on the guy.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:

Eh my counter is that at most teams were only making over about 1/5 of their roster per off season so if you had a bad roster to begin with it didn't get better with one draft. I replaced Hasslebeck, Julius Jones, whoever my RG was and my FS with elite picks but I still had one of the worst offensive lines in the game.

The other problem was that the fictional players weren't balanced. Sure I got a 99 speed RB in the first round who was a 90+ OVR by the time it was all done, but then Smokey or Matrix or someone got a guy who was essentially as good but with a lower OVR and lower in the draft I think. So even if you were terrible and got an elite prospect or two, other people could get non elite prospects that performed at elite levels.

I'm not disputing the skill gap in the league but I've made the playoffs in the past, so I have to believe that once I build a roster that covers my personal deficiencies as a player then maybe I can be competitive again.

Otherwise what's the fucking point? We might as well let Rors, Luke, BigAT, LJ, Smokey, Ramirez, CB, FMT and Wellie play a tournament while the rest of us stick to offline mode or something.

LukeSmith

bluemax said:
Otherwise what's the fucking point? We might as well let Rors, Luke, BigAT, LJ, Smokey, Ramirez, CB, FMT and Wellie play a tournament while the rest of us stick to offline mode or something.

Eh, Ramirez would quit first. Per usual.

Smokey said:
Luke chance of playing tonight has increased.

Just get at me on IM when you know more. I'll be at work for awhile surfer time and then I need to take the dog out on a walk when I get home, lest she'll be butthurt all night

Rorschach

bluemax said:
The other problem was that the fictional players weren't balanced. Sure I got a 99 speed RB in the first round who was a 90+ OVR by the time it was all done, but then Smokey or Matrix or someone got a guy who was essentially as good but with a lower OVR and lower in the draft I think. So even if you were terrible and got an elite prospect or two, other people could get non elite prospects that performed at elite levels.
This is my problem with the OF drafts. That and the fact that there are so many 80+ players. It would be nice if the first 10 picks actually meant a lot more.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
This is my problem with the OF drafts. That and the fact that there are so many 80+ players. It would be nice if the first 10 picks actually meant a lot more.

The progression system remains my biggest problem with OF. The POT rating is dumb, they should make it all based on performance and maybe some ratings decline as player's age.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I'd rather the progression system not be based on performance, good players (owners) will just improve every year and mediocre/bad owners will constantly have middling talent.

This scheduling glitch/issue will be my biggest problem with OF.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
And yet, you're all about awareness ratings... Anyway, gimme santana. I'm gonna go all-old in my WRs. Like Gruden and the Raiders!

I am. He still had higher AWR than most of my guys!

LiveWire

Ramirez said:
Every time I think about trading someone, I feel sad knowing that I wouldn't have my complete Steelers team, where is the loyalty!?

Yea I wouldn't want to trade away 7 90+ players on defense either.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
The progression system remains my biggest problem with OF. The POT rating is dumb, they should make it all based on performance and maybe some ratings decline as player's age.
Well, if POT actually mattered, then A pot players would progress better than C pot, but look at LJ's guy and then look at that FA CB I picked up that the Bucs dropped. A POT: no progression. C POT: 8 points.

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
Wellie contributing a MaddenGAF Franchise Fact of his own here.

MaddenGAF Franchise Fact:

LukeSmith SB appearances/wins: 0/0
LiveWire SB appearances/wins: 0/0
bluemax SB appearances/wins: 0/0

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
MaddenGAF Franchise Fact:

LiveWire Playoff appearances/wins: 0/0

This will be the first year I miss the playoffs :(

How's that bet looking where you'd outpass Peyton with your three headed monster of QBs?

LukeSmith

Unsustainable Statistics from Season 1.

Penalties

Fewest in the League:
DCX - 2 penalties for 25 yards.

Most in the league:
Striker - 28 penalties for 233 yards.

Fumbles:
LaMarr Woodley 5 FF
Brian Orakpo 4 FF
Chris Harris 4 FF

This is just random luck, too. Like when your opponent gets called for a Hold