• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
Unsustainable Statistics from Season 1.

Penalties

Fewest in the League:
DCX - 2 penalties for 25 yards.

Most in the league:
Striker - 28 penalties for 233 yards.

Fumbles:
LaMarr Woodley 5 FF
Brian Orakpo 4 FF
Chris Harris 4 FF

This is just random luck, too. Like when your opponent gets called for a Hold
Nice!!! I lead the league in something!!

DCX

LukeSmith

Wellie scores 10 unanswered in the third and beginning of the fourth to take a late lead, pushing Albatross' season is on the brink of extinction.

10-7 Bengals in the 4th

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Wellie scores 10 unanswered in the third and beginning of the fourth to take a late lead, pushing Albatross' season is on the brink of extinction.

10-7 Bengals in the 4th
He wins it. GG Albatross but I can't say seeing him blitz manually with a LB all game didn't affect my timing. Need to chill out with that. Take the win since you wanted it that badly.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
I gotta head out but here's a link to a youtube with some of the manual blitzing, since he's probably doing the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llarBG7Yc-A

It's processing, should be ready in a few.

7-3-10_beach.jpg

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I think tross said in a previous week that he doesn't actually take control of a defender until the ball is in the air or something.

LukeSmith

levious said:
I think tross said in a previous week that he doesn't actually take control of a defender until the ball is in the air or something.

I'd love to see the play calls that have the MLB running loops around Tackles on a blitz, must be a playbook I don't know about.

Kill the bird.

levious

i didn't watch the vid sorry, just recall it coming up recently, a couple of my opponents this year have been taking control of their receivers, the rules should be reiterated.

Wait sorry, I'm on my phone and can't fully type. I do a man control on the lb to watch the running back on pretty much every play. On the one play I didn't I gave up a long td. But I hardly ever ever manually blitz unless it's a called blitz. Sorry if I dudnt read something, but I dudnt know that manually covering with the lb was against the rules.. Honestly. I also got beat when manually when I controlled the lb on the slot receiver on that 3rd down

Also to add, I did blitz a lb on the final 3 deep plays of the game when I saw the slot playing under. Rolling out with Andy Dalton unless you put heat on him

LukeSmith

The Albatross said:
Wait sorry, I'm on my phone and can't fully type. I do a man control on the lb to watch the running back on pretty much every play. On the one play I didn't I gave up a long td. But I hardly ever ever manually blitz unless it's a called blitz. Sorry if I dudnt read something, but I dudnt know that manually covering with the lb was against the rules.. Honestly

Just watch the vid Wellie posted when you have a chance.

LBs crossing the line of scrimmage under user control is totally forbidden. I think there's some weird PA exception.

The loop blitzing you were doing in that video is not at all allowed (nor does it look anything like you covering the HB).

The Albatross said:
Also to add, I did blitz a lb on the final 3 deep plays of the game when I saw the slot playing under. Rolling out with Andy Dalton unless you put heat on him

Interesting question, guys who roll out all the time - BALB/Konex II- can be punished by user LBs once they are outside of the tackle box, right??

I'll check it, I'm on my phone now. If it's the last three deep balls on the game... How do you just prevent the qb from having all day on the sideline

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This is more for going forward. Let's face it, end of the game my defense that had shut him down all day allowed an 80 yard drive. I think he had 160 yards of offense total in the game, So half was on that drive alone - inexcusable on my part.

In every game I just try to hang on and not make mistakes, I offensively don't do much at all. But honestly I didn't know you couldn't blitz lbs. I control the lb on most plays only because I have a tough time stopping the rb otherwise. I did man control the lb on that last drive of that's what the video is from, unless it's from another play? If from that play fair enough won't do it.. But you rolled Dalton to the right on every deep pass, so that's why I did it. Didn't even know it was an advantage

wellington is correct. there should be no manual blitzing of LB's unless it's in one of these scenarios:

1. qb breaks contain
2. playaction passes where you are the LB and going after the rb on the playaction.... you can sack the qb
3. your LB is in a 3 point stance on the defensive line (there are some formations with this)

levious

ramirez is right though, you should allow contolling the OLBs in a 2-4 formation, they're not in a three point stance then.

Mrbob

Did you call crow and steal his 56k modem? :p

I didn't try to run in a circle 1st and goal from the 1. I ran the ball with Forte, made a move, and because it was so laggy I started going backwards. Lost 7 yards. :(

Ramirez

LiveWire said:
Yea I wouldn't want to trade away 7 90+ players on defense either.

Oh get off it already, there are a ton of great teams in this league who are in the race for the 1st pick, and some of the top teams in the league are some of the worst ratings wise. A team can only carry you so far, you have to actually know how to play with it too.

My point still stands, (ex.) I look at how DCX just dismantles his team every year and shake my head asking why he doesn't just draw his team out of a hat.

DCX

DCX
Ramirez said:
Oh get off it already, there are a ton of great teams in this league who are in the race for the 1st pick, and some of the top teams in the league are some of the worst ratings wise. A team can only carry you so far, you have to actually know how to play with it too.

My point still stands, (ex.) I look at how DCX just dismantles his team every year and shake my head asking why he doesn't just draw his team out of a hat.
Why do you care what I do bro? If keeping your team 1-1 exact as real life we might as well as bring back leaguedaddy and just run exhibitions.

I run my team as I see got and you continue to lose to Rors. Circle of life.

DCX

Ramirez

DCX said:
Why do you care what I do bro? If keeping your team 1-1 exact as real life we might as well as bring back leaguedaddy and just run exhibitions.

DCX

lol, so bitter. At least I have a chance to win or lose in the playoffs, all of your brilliant trades have netted you, what, 1 post season appearance in a bajillion leagues over the years?

Keeping our teams relatively close to their real life counterparts should be something we try to maintain, the NFL doesn't see whacky trades like some of the ones you have pulled over the years. Just give the team to Storybook and you can dismantle the Rams and rebuild them. ;)

On the last one.. Definitely true, 20 seconds left you're at your own 20 no time outs. On the previous play, Dalton rolled out and had all day to throw so I tried to stop it expecting the same play. Honestly dudnt know that wasn't allowed. It's not a major point of my defense tho, so I'll stop it.

DCX

DCX
Ramirez said:
lol, so bitter. At least I have a chance to win or lose in the playoffs, all of your brilliant trades have netted you, what, 1 post season appearance in a bajillion leagues over the years?

Keeping our teams relatively close to their real life counterparts should be something we try to maintain, the NFL doesn't see whacky trades like some of the ones you have pulled over the years. Just give the team to Storybook and you can dismantle the Rams and rebuild them. ;)
Again, run your team your way and ill run mine how I want to.

You can't dictate to people how they should do things. Some like to keep them intact, some like to build through trades some like to make their teams fit their style of play etc.

The diversity in the league is what makes it the best online community and league on GAF.

I made the playoffs twice. With two wins and two losses thank you.

DCX

Birdman02

DCX said:

DCX

DCX, can you play our game now? If not, I'll still be around at 10.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wellington is correct. there should be no manual blitzing of LB's unless it's in one of these scenarios:

1. qb breaks contain
2. playaction passes where you are the LB and going after the rb on the playaction.... you can sack the qb
3. your LB is in a 3 point stance on the defensive line (there are some formations with this)
Didnt realize, good to know. I think you know from playing me twice, that's not a significant part of my defense. But knowing its not allowed, I won't blitz the lb.

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
Did you call crow and steal his 56k modem? :p

I didn't try to run in a circle 1st and goal from the 1. I ran the ball with Forte, made a move, and because it was so laggy I started going backwards. Lost 7 yards. :(
You ran backwards on three straight plays from the goal line. As in, literally turned around and ran the other way. If you want to tank, don't waste my time by making us play. Just forfeit.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Albatross said:
On the last one.. Definitely true, 20 seconds left you're at your own 20 no time outs. On the previous play, Dalton rolled out and had all day to throw so I tried to stop it expecting the same play. Honestly dudnt know that wasn't allowed. It's not a major point of my defense tho, so I'll stop it.
The last few plays I don't care about, it's the first couple that bother the most. The very first one I knew I was going to be in for a long day, I dumped to my check down as soon as I saw you coming.

On rolling out, I really try not to because my RT is horrible but I run trips most of the time so it's natural lol.

Birdman02

DCX said:
Ten it is bro :(

DCX

No problem. Just thought I'd ask, since I saw you posting. It's still 40 minutes until primetime for me.

That reminds me though...my wife will want to watch American Horror Story. That starts at 10, doesn't it?

The Albatross said:
Didnt realize, good to know. I think you know from playing me twice, that's not a significant part of my defense. But knowing its not allowed, I won't blitz the lb.

you can blitz your LB's all you want, you just can't be controlling them when they do blitz. the reason for this is the AI blocking can't always keep up with what a human player will do. they do pick it up sometimes, but you can loop around wide a lot and then just can't get out there so it really puts the offense at a huge disadvantage

Wellington said:
The last few plays I don't care about, it's the first couple that bother the most. The very first one I knew I was going to be in for a long day, I dumped to my check down as soon as I saw you coming.

On rolling out, I really try not to because my RT is horrible but I run trips most of the time so it's natural lol.
In truth, honest truth, I didn't even know that gave an advantage. I know its too late now, but as the newbie, id be totally fine with whoever pausing and sending a message to say "watch those blitzing lbs" and then I'd stop. To. Clarify, what about run plays? I always controlled the interior lineman until someone shut down my running game completely by keying on a back with an lb... And I never thought to do it till after that game?

bluemax

Banned
Tsk Eznark you can't let Bob out tank you like that. You gotta do something ridiculous like throwing 5 picks in a game, or not calling for a fair catch on a play where your 50 something rated WR is going to get killed! That's how you prevent people from out tanking you!

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
No problem. Just thought I'd ask, since I saw you posting. It's still 40 minutes until primetime for me.

That reminds me though...my wife will want to watch American Horror Story. That starts at 10, doesn't it?
i will be ready by 9, 9:15 latest. The family will in bed by then.

DCX

come on bob cut the bullshit with this losing on purpose. if i see obvious cases of people throwing games to get a better draft position i'm going to have to look at possible cap or draft punishment.

everyone has been warned now!

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
come on bob cut the bullshit with this losing on purpose. if i see obvious cases of people throwing games to get a better draft position i'm going to have to look at possible cap or draft punishment.

everyone has been warned now!

1) He missed a 20 yard fg in the game

2) He decided to do a FG fake run on another 20 yard kick to not get points.

He tried to tank me, and I decided not to let him!

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
1) He missed a 20 yard fg in the game

2) He decided to do a FG fake run on another 20 yard kick to not get points.

He tried to tank me, and I decided not to let him!
the anti-tank swerve? Wat-de-hell is going on in here???

DCX

Top Bottom