• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned
Birdman02 said:
I'd appreciate it if you could sweep him...at least I could say I tied for the wild card. Still a terrible season though :(

No promises other than I will play hard and respect the sanctity of the game!

CB3 said:
So i decided against resting Vick because the whole left hand/right hand switch really sucks going between, especially going into a playoff game. And what happens? Broken ribs!

The VY experience is underway

damn, was vick the only qb to be injured all year?

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn, was vick the only qb to be injured all year?

I dropped Dixon and Leftwich because you said QBs couldn't be hurt!

Wait, Livewire won? el oh el, you have lost your rights to trash him CB!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
shit, good game wellie, when you went for it on fourth and short in the red zone and fumbled your guy shouldn't have been allowed to recover it. Oh well... damn fun game though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
levious said:
shit, good game wellie, when you went for it on fourth and short in the red zone and fumbled your guy shouldn't have been allowed to recover it. Oh well... damn fun game though.
Christ even while drunk you just cannot let me have an easy win. Seems my D is constantly giving up game winning drives as well, ugh. This is a rivalry that seems like it will last.

Did you make any adjustments in the second half to my pressure?

John Abraham 5 tackles, 3 TFL, 3 Sacks, 2 FF - what a man.

What do you mean on the fumble recovery? Illegal because it's forward and a first down?

levious

I stopped dropping back like an idiot I think, would you have been pissed if I went for two at the end of regulation? I felt bad knowing I'd get the ball first but then I went three and out anyway...

edit: yeah, only the ball carrier can recover a fumble on ffouth, shouldn't expect to madden to have that rule though.

Ramirez

Wellington said:
Christ even while drunk you just cannot let me have an easy win. Seems my D is constantly giving up game winning drives as well, ugh. This is a rivalry that seems like it will last.

Did you make any adjustments in the second half to my pressure?

John Abraham 5 tackles, 3 TFL, 3 Sacks, 2 FF - what a man.

What do you mean on the fumble recovery? Illegal because it's forward and a first down?

Thanks, DCX.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
levious said:
I stopped dropping back like an idiot I think, would you have been pissed if I went for two at the end of regulation? I felt bad knowing I'd get the ball first but then I went three and out anyway...
No I wouldn't. My responsibility to stop you. That's how I won my games against Luke and Striker.

How did you know you would get the ball first in OT!? GAMESHARK!

Speaking of Gameshark, how about Ed Dickson in that game? Looked like that Marshawn Lynch run in the playoffs, TWICE.

levious

the OT coin toss is always opposite of opening coin toss, so road team should always get the ball first in OT if they pay attention.

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:
So, someone do an updated playoff picture now that there are only a few games left.

Colts win and In
Colts lose: Broncos/Chargers/Colts tie at 10-6.

Madden decides, but it should be the Broncos

bluemax

Banned
Ramirez said:
So, someone do an updated playoff picture now that there are only a few games left.

AFC
East: Dolphins/Jets 7-8
North: Steelers 11-4/Bengals 11-5
South: Texans 11-5/Colts 10-5
West: Raiders 16-0
Wild Cards: Whoever doesn't win the North/South I assume.

NFC
East: Giants 13-3
North: Vikings 9-6
South: Buccs 11-4
West: 49ers 15-1
Wild Cards: Eagles 12-4, Saints 9-7 or Cardinals 9-6

I could be wrong on this.

Edit: See Luke's post for AFC tiebreakers. For NFC Cards win and they're in, lose and I dunno.

bluemax said:
AFC

NFC
Wild Cards: Eagles 13-3, Saints 9-7 or Cardinals 9-6

lulz

Rorschach

bluemax said:
AFC

NFC
Wild Cards: Eagles 12-4, Saints 9-7 or Cardinals 9-6

Edit: See Luke's post for AFC tiebreakers. For NFC Cards win and they're in, lose and I dunno.
At least, after I lose to Luke in the divisional round, I can hang my hat on being the first ever to go undefeated in the regular season. \o/

And maybe having the best RB! Do it for me, ez!

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
So if everyone wins like they should, me and Wellie are on a crash course for round 3, am I reading this right?
Or Luke. We don't know the seeding yet. AFC East could be a dark horse!

[edit] Oh wait, round 3, then yes maybe. But round 2 would be luke or wellie. Unless you're saying round 3 because you're both bound to win...

Ramirez

levious said:
21-7? If that's a pounding then what did you do to me our last game?

When I originally looked it was in the 2nd, so I figured if he had already put up 21 in 2 qtrs it wasn't going to get any better, but then it was halftime right after I looked I guess.

Rors, I was under the assumption that since Wellie beat Luke he would be the higher seed.

I say round 3 because it would be our 3rd time playing.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
At least, after I lose to Luke in the divisional round, I can hang my hat on being the first ever to go undefeated in the regular season. \o/

And maybe having the best RB! Do it for me, ez!
Doesn't McFadden have 10 more TDs than Leshoure? He already is the best RB, only question is who will be the second best; Moreno, Leshoure, or Blount.

daw840 said:
Broncos are NOT winning
Pretty much. I just hope Tebow holds on to the ball so Moreno can gets his attempts.

levious

Ramirez said:
When I originally looked it was in the 2nd, so I figured if he had already put up 21 in 2 qtrs it wasn't going to get any better, but then it was halftime right after I looked I guess.

Rors, I was under the assumption that since Wellie beat Luke he would be the higher seed.

oh, well it was still 21-7 in the fourth, I didn't tie it up until like 8 seconds left.

Ramirez

You guys are lucky Mendenhall was hurt for half the year, I got 1549 yards between Medenhall/Redman, and Redman is stupidly slow compared to Rashard, so I woulda been right there. :p

Rorschach

Ramirez said:

Oh, I forgot about Wellie vs Luke. Well, in that case, you'd have to count on Luke beating Smokey. If not, then you get smokes and I get Wells/AFCE. If Luke wins, I get Luke.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
You guys are lucky Mendenhall was hurt for half the year, I got 1549 yards between Medenhall/Redman, and Redman is stupidly slow compared to Rashard, so I woulda been right there. :p
McFadden got taken out of the game six games in a row! We have to deal! ;)

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
Oh, I forgot about Wellie vs Luke. Well, in that case, you'd have to count on Luke beating Smokey. If not, then you get smokes and I get Wells/AFCE. If Luke wins, I get Luke.

I want me some smokes.

By taken out you mean he was still in the game at some point, Mendenhall missed like 8 complete games. :p

Ramirez said:

can't wait till we play again next season since it doesn't look like the schedules rotate. this time.... it's personal!

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
can't wait till we play again next season since it doesn't look like the schedules rotate. this time.... it's personal!

Don't worry, I won't let Redman abuse you next time.

Nightz

Ramirez said:
Mathews/Tolbert have 1714. I just with Mathews wasn't made of glass. :(

Top Bottom