• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
levious said:
season 3 is different!

AFC East vs NFC West/AFC South
AFC North vs NFC East/AFC West
AFC South vs NFC North/AFC East
AFC West vs NFC South/AFC North

NFC East vs AFC North/NFC South
NFC North vs AFC South/NFC West
NFC South vs AFC West/NFC East
NFC West vs AFC East/NFC North
League SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCX

levious said:
season 3 is different!

nice! i guess we'll just have to live with season 2.... don't quit rors!

LukeSmith

levious said:
season 3 is different!

Oh good Season 3 is going to be a cakewalk. Better hope Peyton retires by then.

Mrbob said:
Sweet. I can bring the pain to FMT and Luke in season 3.

You better hope you A) trade your future to get that TE and B) have someone else man the sticks for you

GCQuinton

levious said:

119810_o.gif

mik said:
Sonic is pretty goddamned awesome.

Yeah, Sonic Colors put a dent in the cycle, Sonic Generations broke it.

DCX

DCX
GCQuinton said:
119810_o.gif

Yeah, Sonic Colors put a dent in the cycle, Sonic Generations broke it.
Yes!! I'm excited to get a shot at Rors! It's like leap year will arrive right on time :)

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rors in season 3 then.

Or face Rors in the playoffs. Possible...

Guess who's back for the playoff run:

1qMGd.jpg

It's like adding Hoppe mid-season!

LiveWire

DMczaf said:
Fuck Sonic. Fuck Skyrim. Fuck MW3.

Zelda returns to it's throne this year.
I've been playing it since Thursday night. It's SOSDD. The sword combat is fun though. Ain't even close to GOTY with Uncharted 3 and Dark Souls out.

Smokey

LiveWire said:
I've been playing it since Thursday night. It's SOSDD. The sword combat is fun though. Ain't even close to GOTY with Uncharted 3 and Dark Souls out.

?

Since BF3 came out I haven't paid attention to anything else really (30 hrs into MP already!). MP games are where it's at the rest can wait for a Black Friday sale or a price drop. I completely forgot that Skyrim even comes out on Tuesday. Will probably wait for the inevitable patch 1/patch 2 from Bethesda before jumping into that.

Dark Souls is still in unopened lol :/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
?

Since BF3 came out I haven't paid attention to anything else really. MP games are where it's at the rest can wait for a Black Friday sale or a price drop. I completely forgot that Skyrim even comes out on Tuesday. Will probably wait for the inevitable patch 1/patch 2 from Bethesda before jumping into that.
Same old shit different day

You guys forget, DM & CB are still within the kiddy/Nintendo demographic.

Smokey

Ah I see.

I can respect Zelda as a franchise, but the formula has been the same since OOT. Maybe I'm wrong with the new one, but from the videos I've seen it looks like it. Pretty sure I'm too far gone to ever go back to a Nintendo console. Started this gen out with all 3 systems, but next-gen I'm probably sticking to PC and 1 console.

Mrbob

Can't wait for Super Mario 3D Land. Finally a reason to dust off my 3DS once more.

Smokey said:
Ah I see.

I can respect Zelda as a franchise, but the formula has been the same since OOT. Maybe I'm wrong with the new one, but from the videos I've seen it looks like it. Pretty sure I'm too far gone to ever go back to a Nintendo console. Started this gen out with all 3 systems, but next-gen I'm probably sticking to PC and 1 console.

Good thing the Wii U isn't a real next gen system, right? You can replace one of your current gen systems with it.

I agree with your main point though, not going multiple consoles next gen either.

LukeSmith

Balb, I don't think "available all day" means what you think it does.

I'm going to go run some errands. Post in the fucking thread.

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
Can't wait for Super Mario 3D Land. Finally a reason to dust off my 3DS once more.

Good thing the Wii U isn't a real next gen, right? You can replace one of your current gen systems with one.

I agree with your main point though, not going multiple consoles next gen either.

Stop trying to pretend you're not a new system whore. You bought a 3DS at launch, and now you're buying a damn Vita. You're a WHORE.

i'll buy zelda when its $20. no reason to play it when dark souls exists. uncharted 3 is ok. seems like they just copied batmans hand to hand combat system but it's not as good!

GOTY is either batman AC or dark souls, and nothing coming out in the next 2 months is going to change that!

wait, nm, goty is ultimate marvel vs. capcom 3!

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
Stop trying to pretend you're not a new system whore. You bought a 3DS at launch, and now you're buying a damn Vita. You're a WHORE.

Lol, it is true. Can't deny that. I did even own a Wii at launch, but then I sold it a year later used for a profit and never looked back!

My 3DS might be on the trading block towards a Vita after I finish Mario 3D Land. Need the credit to help pay for it since I plan on buying the best portable game system next March, Ipad 3.
4BpcV.gif

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Lol, it is true. Can't deny that. I did even own a Wii at launch, but then I sold it a year later used for a profit and never looked back!

My 3DS might be on the trading block towards a Vita after I finish Mario 3D Land. Need the credit to help pay for it since I plan on buying the best portable game system next March, Ipad 3.
4BpcV.gif

I'll be doing that next time. I missed out on the gravy train last time as I was a fresh fish in college, but Operation Profit will be a go in 2013!

bluemax

Banned
Note to self: Play for over time.

GG Tross, I'm bummed Lynch didn't get the yards he needed for 1000 but you seemed pretty determined to take him out of the game. Texans play book doesn't have the same misdirecton plays as Seattle's, alas.

The last 2 minutes or so of that game were crazy, something like 3 or 4 lead changes and at least 2 long bomb TDs. Fun times!

GG BlueMax.

Final score:
Cardinals: 31
Seahawks 24

The winning TD, sadly, was a lousy pick six bad pass from Whitehurst. After 21 minutes, the score was 10 - 7, Arizona. And then from the final play of the third quarter until the end of the game, the two teams combined for 38 points.

Pretty slow first half as we both just ran the ball over and over again. I couldn't stop Seatle, they're like my achilles heel. And, as the Cardinals are up 10 - 7 with 0:01 in the third quarter, Marshawn Lynch put Seattle ahead with a short rush, 14 - 10. Arizona got the ball and did nothing, three and out, and punted. I was worried that I'd give up another quick score after a 57-yard pass from Whitehurst to set the Seahawks up first and goal at the 5, but my defense stood up and forced a field goal. 17 - 10.

From there, Arizona scored a TD on a 58-yard pass from Kolb to Early Doucet -- who had dropped a touchdown pass late in the 2nd half. Tie game 17 - 17 with 2:05 left.

On one of his first plae, Charlie Whitehurst hit Sydney Rice for a 78-yard touchdown to go up 24 - 17 with 1:47 left.

Arizona responded just 30 seconds later with a 57-yard bomb from Kolb to Fitzgerald.

With 24 points scored in less than 3-minutes, the game was in Seattle's hands. Unfortunately, WHitehurst made a bad throw into coverage and LOLB D. Washington returned an INT for a touchdown.

Down 31 - 24, Seattle took the field hoping for a quick score, but after two consecutive sacks, Seattle had to go deep. Sydney Rice had carried the team up until a late drop that would have been close to a first down, and then on 4th down, the ball was batted for an incompletion. Game over, 31 - 24.

Good game.. shitty way to win on an INT, but I'll take it.

Nightz

Ooh yes, got a free copy of BF3 (thank you IGN screwup!) so I have something to play while you guys are in the playoffs.

bluemax said:
Note to self: Play for over time.

GG Tross, I'm bummed Lynch didn't get the yards he needed for 1000 but you seemed pretty determined to take him out of the game. Texans play book doesn't have the same misdirecton plays as Seattle's, alas.

The last 2 minutes or so of that game were crazy, something like 3 or 4 lead changes and at least 2 long bomb TDs. Fun times!

Aye... that's the most scoring I think I've had in any short period in Madden, haha. Our defenses just didn't want to be on the field, so instead of getting stops, they gave up long TDs... Haha. Yeah, I was really keying on Lynch because jeez, he KILLED me in Game 1, I couldn't stop him for the life of me. Your backup, Forsett or someone else gouged me for the long wrong early in the game and I was like "UGH... I can stop Lynch but then this guy eats me alive!" Lynch 16 carries, 36 yards, 7 for a long. Deangelo Williams didn't do anything, too, since that first long carry on my opening drive. 8 for 25 with a long of 24, hahaha! Seven carries for 1 yard. But Fitzy came to play, 6 rec for 145 and 2 TDs. He was eating that CB whenever he got jammed.

Must say, I'm glad I got my revenge on Lynch... should be a good matchup in season 2, we're split 1 - 1.

Smokey

Nightz said:
Ooh yes, got a free copy of BF3 (thank you IGN screwup!) so I have something to play while you guys are in the playoffs.

I heard about this. GG IGN.

Was it a trial of some sort that got you the game?

Nightz

Smokey said:
I heard about this. GG IGN.

Was it a trial of some sort that got you the game?
Yup. Initially it was thought to be Prime subscribers. Turns out it was anyone who had an account with IGN.

Top Bottom