• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Smokey

Nightz said:
Yeah, I just logged in with my old account and was able to get a key. I also got one for Assassin's Creed Revelations. =D

!

I just logged in with my acct over there, where do I need to go to get these?

bluemax

Banned
The Albatross said:
Aye... that's the most scoring I think I've had in any short period in Madden, haha. Our defenses just didn't want to be on the field, so instead of getting stops, they gave up long TDs... Haha. Yeah, I was really keying on Lynch because jeez, he KILLED me in Game 1, I couldn't stop him for the life of me. Your backup, Forsett or someone else gouged me for the long wrong early in the game and I was like "UGH... I can stop Lynch but then this guy eats me alive!" Lynch 16 carries, 36 yards, 7 for a long. Deangelo Williams didn't do anything, too, since that first long carry on my opening drive. 8 for 25 with a long of 24, hahaha! Seven carries for 1 yard. But Fitzy came to play, 6 rec for 145 and 2 TDs. He was eating that CB whenever he got jammed.

Must say, I'm glad I got my revenge on Lynch... should be a good matchup in season 2, we're split 1 - 1.

Yeah Forsett had a much better game than Lynch. Lynch is so slow, if he isn't break tackles or getting blocks he kind of sucks. Forsett is so small and quick. I might need to invest in a different feature back this off season.

daw840

Thanks for making an effort to run up the score there at the end Crow...real classy.

Fuck Madden on this one. Zone blitz, man blitz, man, zone, 3-4, nickel, predator, blitz all but 3....didn't matter a bit. Denver just ran down the field without ever even having to pass the ball.

bluemax

Banned
Neo Gaffe Race for the Bottom
Week 17 Standings

1. Seahawks 3-13
2. Browns 3-12*
3. Chiefs 4-12
3. Cowboys 4-12
3. Rams 4-12
3. Redskins 4-12
7. Packers 4-11*
8. Ravens 4-11-1
9. Titans 5-10-1
10. Falcons 5-10 (Belongs to the Browns)*
10. Patriots 5-11
12. Bears 6-9*
12. Jaguars 6-9*
12. Lions 6-9*
12. Bills 7-9
16. Panthers 7-9
17. Saints 9-7
------------------------------------------------- (Teams Below this line are still in playoff hunt)
18. Dolphins 7-8*
18. Jets 7-8*
20. Vikings 9-6*
21. Broncos 10-6
21. Cardinals 10-6
21. Chargers 10-6
24. Colts 10-5*
25. Bengals 11-5
25. Texans 11-5
27. Buccs 11-4*
27. Stealers 11-4*
29. Eagles 12-4
30. Giants 13-3
31. 49ers 15-1
32. Raiders 16-0

*Has yet to play week 16 game
#Ties are arranged alphabetically because who the fuck knows what EA will do.

FMT hasn't synched so I could be off on a few of these...

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh shit luke will not go quietly into the night! he will not vanish without a fight.... he's going to live on, he's going to survive!

I'm done with the league for the year boys. Have fun. From LB user blitzes to the same 3 plays over and over, this isn't what I play in our league for.

LukeSmith said:
I'm done with the league for the year boys. Have fun. From LB user blitzes to the same 3 plays over and over, this isn't what I play in our league for.

whoa, lets not go that far! one frustrating game shouldn't be the end!

DMczaf

raj.bmp

bluemax said:
Another year, another cheeser added to the league. FMT plucks one weed and two more sprout up in its place.

balb is 7-9. i wouldn't exactly call him a powerhouse. if he is manually blitzing on pass plays then that is a problem but there are plenty of people who run a few different plays throughout the game... this makes them easier to stop!

i'll wait to hear what balb has to say about the game as well

well i did hear from balb via PM quitting the league and explaining his side. there were a few things in it and he did admit to controlling a LB and blitzing in on run plays.

this isn't illegal. everyone does this (controls a LB and goes after the RB in the backfield), so i want to make sure this isn't what is being talked about when its said he was blitzing manually with a LB.

it's unfortunate because i didn't really have any complaints against him. he wasn't very active in the thread but always got his games in. he felt that he was being singled out when he wasn't breaking any of the league rules but there's two sides to every story i suppose

LukeSmith

No doubt Balb is probably a good human being and an upstanding guy other than the fact that he's too busy and cool to post in the thread.

Forgive him he knows not what he doth.

Smokey

Everybody needs to calm the fuck down. Maybe ironic coming from me, but I'm just saying. Heated week 17 game where one side needs to win to advance to the post season dance, emotions going on both sides.

2 CPU spots in the AFC South against Robo-Madden CPU can't happen.

LiveWire

Someone's just mad they lost and aren't in the playoffs like the rest of us peasants.

Colts+suck.jpg

Chief Zee feels bad for you.

crying.jpg

Just kidding!
2daf1jd.png

Balb

I'll just reiterate what I PM'd to FMT. I'm not even a good Madden player and I respect the game too much to cheat. You've been picking on me ever since I joined the league and I'm kind of tired of it. I don’t have seniority or anything so I’m not given the benefit of the doubt. You claimed that I blitz with linebackers. Why on earth would I blitz with linebackers vs a potent offense like the Colts? I'd get beat every time. I seriously get a Mr. Burns/Don Mattingly sideburns vibe from this. What I DID do occasionally was control the lb when you ran the ball in an effort to stop Carter. I saw a number of people do this against me (including Ramirez with Woodley. He's a respectable member of the community so I figured I could at least do THAT). You also claimed I couldn't go for it on 4th and inches up by 4 inside of your 10 because I didn't want you to get the ball back with ~4:30 left. If that's against the rules I don't know what to say because NFL coaches do this from time to time and it seemed very reasonable. Ultimately I called a timeout and kicked the fg to avoid any more drama. I was literally at a point where I wanted to keep the game close so you wouldn’t keep sending me messages.

After the first half in which I was leading by three scores I just played vanilla so you wouldn't yell at me anymore (which still didn't work) and thus played a prevent-style defense. So it got close and I won on a last second field goal.

The funny thing is. You went for it on 4th and long in your own territory in the 2nd quarter. I guess that's not against the rules. I'm sorry that I didn't let you win. I'm sorry that you didn't pass for 400 yards but I think I play fairly and I haven't heard anyone bitching at me for my play before. Hell, I have a 7-9 record. I'm not even a good Madden player. I got swept by Smokey (who you beat). I got beat by the 3-11-1 Ravens. I don’t really know what I’m supposed to change to make you happy. I've tried to be as friendly as possible but your aggressiveness really gets to me sometimes.

Mrbob

I'm cursed this season. Driving down the field up 28 to 23 late in the 4th, and Roy Williams slips on a slant he is wide open. Ball ends up going way high in front of him right to the CB for a pick. Then I miss a 45 yard fg with no time remaining to lose the game. Bring on season 2!

Whoever wants Roy Williams can have him. I'm not resigning him. I wish I could look game to game stats but it seems like balls I throw his way either don't get caught or get picked off.

That was a pretty crazy game McNeily.

McNei1y

Mrbob said:
I'm cursed this season. Driving down the field up 28 to 23 late in the 4th, and Roy Williams slips on a slant he is wide open. Ball ends up going way high in front of him right to the CB for a pick. Then I miss a 45 yard fg with no time remaining to win the game. Bring on season 2!

At least you know what kills me and you'll still have it next season. I couldn't figure out what the hell to do. Every play I was freaking out because it was either short or deep. GG bob. That was one hell of a game. I'm still amazed Berrian caught the ball after it hit your defenders helmet.

Smokey

Balb said:
I'll just reiterate what I PM'd to FMT. I'm not even a good Madden player and I respect the game too much to cheat. You've been picking on me ever since I joined the league and I'm kind of tired of it. I don’t have seniority or anything so I’m not given the benefit of the doubt. You claimed that I blitz with linebackers. Why on earth would I blitz with linebackers vs a potent offense like the Colts? I'd get beat every time. I seriously get a Mr. Burns/Don Mattingly sideburns vibe from this. What I DID do occasionally was control the lb when you ran the ball in an effort to stop Carter. I saw a number of people do this against me (including Ramirez with Woodley. He's a respectable member of the community so I figured I could at least do THAT). You also claimed I couldn't go for it on 4th and inches up by 4 inside of your 10 because I didn't want you to get the ball back with ~4:30 left. If that's against the rules I don't know what to say because NFL coaches do this from time to time and it seemed very reasonable. Ultimately I called a timeout and kicked the fg to avoid any more drama. I was literally at a point where I wanted to keep the game close so you wouldn’t keep sending me messages.

After the first half in which I was leading by three scores I just played vanilla so you wouldn't yell at me anymore (which still didn't work) and thus played a prevent-style defense. So it got close and I won on a last second field goal.

The funny thing is. You went for it on 4th and long in your own territory in the 2nd quarter. I guess that's not against the rules. I'm sorry that I didn't let you win. I'm sorry that you didn't pass for 400 yards but I think I play fairly and I haven't heard anyone bitching at me for my play before. Hell, I have a 7-9 record. I'm not even a good Madden player. I got swept by Smokey (who you beat). I got beat by the 3-11-1 Ravens. I don’t really know what I’m supposed to change to make you happy. I've tried to be as friendly as possible but your aggressiveness really gets to me sometimes.

When we played our first time I had questions about what you were doing, but I didn't say anything. Luke played you and said the same thing and I backed him up on it. Afterwards you sent a PM apologizing about whatever was said and that was that in my eyes. I guess I could've said something after the first time we played, but I gave benefit of the doubt and didn't say anything until after the Colts/Jag game.

Mrbob

McNei1y said:
At least you know what kills me and you'll still have it next season. I couldn't figure out what the hell to do. Every play I was freaking out because it was either short or deep. GG bob. That was one hell of a game. I'm still amazed Berrian caught the ball after it hit your defenders helmet.

Lol, I wanted to save that play but Wellington would get angry.

3rd and 17 late in the 4th, and Berrian gets a miracle rebound off the back of my defenders helmet for a 56 yard completion. Just the kind of season I've had.

McNei1y

Jeez whats with all the damn drama. We're in a league thats more sim than anything I've seen and that's still not good enough? (then again some people here may have seen better) Honestly though, stop acting like a victim everyone and man the fuck up.

Top Bottom