• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Smokey

McNei1y said:
Jeez whats with all the damn drama. We're in a league thats more sim than anything I've seen and that's still not good enough? (then again some people here may have seen better) Honestly though, stop acting like a victim everyone and man the fuck up.

Means people care! Could be like Madden 11 where nobody gave a fuck

McNei1y

Mrbob said:
Lol, I wanted to save that play but Wellington would get angry.

3rd and 17 late in the 4th, and Berrian gets a miracle rebound off the back of my defenders helmet for a 56 yard completion. Just the kind of season I've had.

Yeah. I definitely feel like I shouldn't have won the game because of that. Everything else in the game was insane. You stopping me twice going for two keeping the points in your favor. You ending two of my drives, one via turnover (one handed sick grab) and the other resulting in a punt, in your area. Then Winfield getting a clutch pick. It was back and forth and it was damn fun.

Smokey said:
Means people care! Could be like Madden 11 where nobody gave a fuck

Sure it means people care but whining about the problem and pointing fingers rather than confronting the problem is weaksaucelolk. I mean come on Luke, why are you going to quit the league like that. Shit happens. Now I've read both your stories and I don't know what happened exactly but if losing the last game resulting in not making the playoffs is one of the reasons for quitting then thats just dumb.

Mrbob

Yup, that was probably the most fun game I played all year. It really was crazy. A game that should have been live streamed! I don't have the powers of Smokey though.

Ramirez

LukeSmith said:
I'm done with the league for the year boys. Have fun. From LB user blitzes to the same 3 plays over and over, this isn't what I play in our league for.

I said the same thing when I played him, he didn't manually blitz with the LB, but he ran the same 5-6 plays all game, it's boring, cheesy, and has no place in a "sim" league.

Me and Striker aren't having much luck scheduling our game...

LiveWire

Ramirez said:
he ran the same 5-6 plays all game, it's boring, cheesy, and has no place in a "sim" league.

If a play is working I don't see why it's wrong to keep using it? Unless there's something gamebreaking with the play? Aren't there examples of Andy Reid running the same shit several times in a row cause the other team (likely, the Redskins) couldn't stop it?

McNei1y

LiveWire said:
If a play is working I don't see why it's wrong to keep using it? Unless there's something gamebreaking with the play? Aren't there examples of Andy Reid running the same shit several times in a row cause the other team (likely, the Redskins) couldn't stop it?

R0f1A.jpg

Rorschach

Luke going out of his way not to destroy me in the playoffs? I appreciate it, bud, but it would have been an honor to be a stepping stone to a ring for LES. :(

Why didn't you stop the game and said "hey, cut that out!"?

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Luke going out of his way not to destroy me in the playoffs? I appreciate it, bud, but it would have been an honor to be a stepping stone to a ring for LES. :(

Why didn't you stop the game and said "hey, cut that out!"?
According to Balb's post it happened, and often.

DCX

Rorschach said:
Oh missed his post... no idea how prevent can be confused with lb blitzing... if he was told to stop and he stopped, then I don't know.

balb was saying he manually blitzed on runs only (which isn't illegal), luke is saying he did it on pass plays (which is illegal)

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
balb was saying he manually blitzed on runs only (which isn't illegal), luke is saying he did it on pass plays (which is illegal)
Someone should have taken screens and it could be easily cleared up. It would be easier for Luke, obviously, since he'd just post the infractions. Unless all the replays were messed up. It's happened to me. :<

Ramirez

LiveWire said:

Real life and videogame comparisons are dumb in most instances...

I beat him, but it was without a doubt the worst game I played all year fun wise. But hey, what do I know, I just complain!

I really doubt me and Striker get our game in by tomorrow night, I work in the morning, and the Steelers play in prime time...pretty big playoff implications on that game. =\

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
k maybe I'll finish deus ex and finally open Dark Souls!
I have to plow through Dead Island, then Arkham City to get to Uncharted 3 :( Why does that sentence sound like a Dora The Explorer episode? I'm going nuts

DCX

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what the FUCK? simpsons maybe terrible now, but that gif is from a classic episode during the golden years. for shame

I don't watch any TV really, so don't feel too bad about it.

So yea, if me and Striker aren't able to get the game in tomorrow, what are we gonna do? I don't want it simmed, I was available all day Friday, all last night, and tonight. :( Not knocking him, just saying!

Ramirez said:

So yea, if me and Striker aren't able to get the game in tomorrow, what are we gonna do? I don't want it simmed, I was available all day Friday, all last night, and tonight. :( Not knocking him, just saying!

did you watch TV 15 years ago?

TheCrow

Ramirez said:

get a sub?

Ramirez

TheCrow said:
get a sub?

Like Rors or FMT, rite?

I would have been 10 FMT, so I'm sure I was watching Power Rangers or something. :p

I guess there's a slight chance we could get it in before the Steelers game tomorrow if he's around, this all depends on whether or not I have someone to watch my son during the time, heh.

Ramirez said:
Like Rors or FMT, rite?

I would have been 10 FMT, so I'm sure I was watching Power Rangers or something. :p

if no response by tomorrow morning let me know and ill boot him so you can play the CPU. have you tried PMing him?

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
if no response by tomorrow morning let me know and ill boot him so you can play the CPU. have you tried PMing him?

He left me a message on AIM today asking if I could play in the afternoon, but I was on my lunch break. He didn't respond to me when I said I could play tonight, so I'm not even sure what his schedule is for tomorrow.

Ramirez said:
He left me a message on AIM today asking if I could play in the afternoon, but I was on my lunch break. He didn't respond to me when I said I could play tonight, so I'm not even sure what his schedule is for tomorrow.

well try PMing him, i think i saw him in the NFL thread too

DCX

DCX
Ramirez said:
Like Rors or FMT, rite?

I guess there's a slight chance we could get it in before the Steelers game tomorrow if he's around, this all depends on whether or not I have someone to watch my son during the time, heh.

Age...i'm feeling it :(

DCX

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Nah. Next 5 years will go in the blink of an eye and you will wonder how you got to 30 so fast.

I actually think that memories distort our perception of time, leading to the perception that time "flew by."

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
I actually think that memories distort our perception of time, leading to the perception that time "flew by."
This whole year I've been saying "slow down, time!" "Where the fuck did that month go?!" "Fooooooo!" I'm living in the present and it still flies.

Top Bottom