• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LukeSmith

36122.jpg

McNei1y

Damn you CB3. Fantastic game but it had its lame moments. For example: the first quarter when I threw a pick and somehow AP forced a fumble immediately after. Then in the second quarter (this is legit though) when I get the ball after a punt in my 10. Right when I pick the play I'm saying to myself "Oh god I'm going to fumble it"... Pitch right and what do you know, AP fumbles it and you get 7. Then the third quarter my run game was just shut down completely. One of my biggest blunders was ~3-4 minutes in the 4th quarter when it was 3rd and 10 around my 30. I did a play that I usually run in desperate situations that has a high chance of working... I saw my main target wide open yet I hit the completely wrong button and the pass soars into coverage where its swapped down... I completely folded in the second half.

And another thing, nothing against you but fuck scrambling. I had two guys on QB Spy after a few scrambles in the first half yet that still didn't work. He just outruns my LBs everytime for 40 freaking yards. That definitely brought you back in the game because I didn't see a man wide open on a few of those attempts. Shits legit though so I can't complain, I'm just mad (he mad). How many rushing yards did Young have, 60+? I wish there was something better for that shit (there probably is I just don't know it) because my passing D was on point, except for that obnoxious lack of D with the last pass play on the drive that put you ahead - the pass to DJax for like 70 yards. My corners just failed to play deep this season even though I had everyone playing back. I mean the stats on a page or two before this... I was second worst in passing yards allowed.

Oh well, it would've been nice to have gotten a little closer at "upsetting" some people in the playoffs but I guess I'll have to do that next season. Good shit and good luck.

I mean what a choke by me. 17-0 for most of the first half... then a 13 point lead going into the second half WITH the ball... Shit just fell apart completely. Sucks that had to happen. I was feeling so good after that first half.

TheCrow

CB3 said:
By The Way:

Ram
Rors
Crow

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/TheColdOne33/ijfXAu.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]
lol I just like upsets. I'm only rooting for Rors since he beat me twice and I want to keep the ship in the AFC West. :/

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah he had alot of rushing yards. I really wanted to chill in the pocket but you were bringing the loaded fronts to dare me to pass. And VY cant really pass in tight windows. I was making like 2 reads and out the door towards the end because the pressure was closing in.

We definitely both caught some breaks though. exciting nonetheless. I told Luke on AIM prior that regardless of what happens, using VY in the playoffs is gonna be a hell of a ride

Rorschach

CB3 said:
By The Way:

Ram
Rors
Crow

ijfXAu.gif
I wasn't rooting for anyone in my posts...

...but I was rooting for McNei1y on the friends list. I like power shifts in this league. It keeps it fresh. I also like underdogs, but that said, obviously I picked you to win. But I didn't pick you to get past FMT!

CB3

Rorschach said:
I wasn't rooting for anyone in my posts...

...but I was rooting for McNei1y on the friends list. I like power shifts in this league. It keeps it fresh. I also like underdogs, but that said, obviously I picked you to win. But I didn't pick you to get past FMT!

You didnt pick me to get past AT, actually.

McNei1y

CB3 said:
Yeah he had alot of rushing yards. I really wanted to chill in the pocket but you were bringing the loaded fronts to dare me to pass. And VY cant really pass in tight windows. I was making like 2 reads and out the door towards the end because the pressure was closing in.

We definitely both caught some breaks though. exciting nonetheless. I told Luke on AIM prior that regardless of what happens, using VY in the playoffs is gonna be a hell of a ride

Definitely. AP's touchdown was lucky as crap. So lucky my center decided to pancake your DT or else I would've been tackled for a loss. I mean thats how games work. I can't nitpick.

What happened to Vick though?

CB3

McNei1y said:
Definitely. AP's touchdown was lucky as crap. So lucky my center decided to pancake your DT or else I would've been tackled for a loss. I mean thats how games work. I can't nitpick.

What happened to Vick though?

Orakpo or someone broke his ribs in week 17. Though im used to using the backup QB's in Madden Leagues. I went into the playoffs i think twice with Vick in madden 10 because McNabb went down

McNei1y

CB3 said:
Orakpo or someone broke his ribs in week 17. Though im used to using the backup QB's in Madden Leagues. I went into the playoffs i think twice with Vick in madden 10 because McNabb went down
LukeSmith said:
LiveWire killed him

Talk about unlucky. Should've snagged McNabb for no reason in the FA. Then again it seems to be a trend now. When Vick makes contact with a Redskins player he gets injured.

CB3

McNei1y said:
Talk about unlucky. Should've snagged McNabb for no reason in the FA. Then again it seems to be a trend now. When Vick makes contact with a Redskins player he gets injured.

Oh, Trust me.

thecoldone33 9:48 pm
if this were a league without a cap
id sign McNabb and have a throwback game

Luke 9:49 pm
hahaha
i'm surprised you didnt actually

thecoldone33 9:49 pm
tempting
VY is faster at this point

thecoldone33 9:51 pm
VY roasts him on short accuracy
i guess ill stay put

Luke 9:51 pm
"is that, is that DONOVAN MCNABBS THEME MUSIC?"

thecoldone33 9:51 pm
hahaha
im already in the game
i cant be tempted anymore
but i seriously was comparing numbers
if McNabb was a tad more accurate on short throws i woulda been down

McNei1y

CB3 said:
Oh, Trust me.

It definitely would've been an interesting storyline... McNabb starts season with Vikings... Is immediately benched for Ponder and released a few weeks later. Then he plays his first game of the season in the playoffs for his old team facing his old team.

CB3

McNei1y said:
It definitely would've been an interesting storyline... McNabb starts season with Vikings... Is immediately benched for Ponder and released a few weeks later. Then he plays his first game of the season in the playoffs for his old team facing his old team.

Yeah. If i did that it would have been for the story far more than his actual skill. When VY threw the ball in the dirt 15 yards away from LeSean on the scramble right late in the game, i thought to myself "McNabb woulda made that throw"

McNei1y

CB3 said:
Yeah. If i did that it would have been for the story far more than his actual skill. When VY threw the ball in the dirt 15 yards away from LeSean on the scramble right late in the game, i thought to myself "McNabb woulda made that throw"

Oh yeah. I lol'd since I knew that was all VY.

CB3

I made far too many mistakes. I gotta commit to the run way more. 22 Passes (not counting the pass plays that i bailed out scrambling on) with VY is not where i wanna be.

McNei1y

CB3 said:
I made far too many mistakes. I gotta commit to the run way more. 22 Passes (not counting the pass plays that i bailed out scrambling on) with VY is not where i wanna be.

True. I'm the same way with the run game. Once I get stopped 4-6 plays I completely throw out the run game. I run a run play here and there for the rest of it. Dammit... If only I didn't get stopped running on the goal line that one time or the other 3rd and short drives. Damn you! I would easily do a screen play when I see the line is crowded but my team cannot complete a screen play. I think I've ran ~8-10 attempts this season and none were completed. Ponder was either sacked or hit when he threw the ball... One of my favorite attempts (occurred more than once actually) was when I threw the ball in AP's direction and he either wasn't looking or it hits him in the helmet/shoulder pads. smh

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Almost karma for bitching about Eli when some of us had to deal with guys like Quinn, Russell, Collins, Brooks, etc. Almost because Dalton's not that bad.
:(

He isn't that bad, but it's definitely a drop off going from Eli to ADalt. The ball sails on me way more than I want it to.

Edit:

Wow I ended up right in the middle of the pack regarding ints thrown anyway. Tied for 16th.

They definitely cost me a few games. Now that I have the Red Rifle under control, I'll try and keep the total to 18 or under, what an accomplishment that would be. Threw 14 ints in my last 10 games (but 15 TDs!).

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
:(

He isn't that bad, but it's definitely a drop off going from Eli to ADalt. The ball sails on me way more than I want it to.

Edit:

Wow I ended up right in the middle of the pack regarding ints thrown anyway. Tied for 16th.

The real stat is INT% (or INTs per drop back if I was going to include sacks and scrambles), I should look at that for everyone.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
The real stat is INT% (or INTs per drop back if I was going to include sacks and scrambles), I should look at that for everyone.
Only question to that would be if you count every rushing attempt as a scramble (you shouldn't). A lot of those would be kneels to end a game.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Only question to that would be if you count every rushing attempt as a scramble (you shouldn't). A lot of those would be kneels to end a game.

Yeah thanks to our lack of really good stats (it's just data points EA, wtf), it'd still be flawed. The closest way to look at it would be to say, assign some delta where "kneels" happen and say 2 in those situations where a team was up 14 to end the game and there wasn't a late score from the other team.

for scramble rate: I think VY attempted 22 passes and ran 8 times against McNeily, so the simplest version would be 8/30 (a scramble rate of 27%), but then if two of those were sacks, those come off the books and it'd go down to 6/30 (20%), and if CB was winning the game late (we know he wasn't) kneels could get pulled off too.

I think when looking at someone like FMT, I bet his scramble rate is probably higher than people going into a game expect it. It's definitely not going to be perfect, but it's not my fault!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I only did attempts and sacks, I threw an int 7.2% of the time I passed. Disgusting.

For comparison, Luke is throwing ints at 3.6% of his drop backs.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
I only did attempts and sacks, I threw an int 7.2% of the time I passed. Disgusting.

Yeah with sacks my INT rate was 3.6%
For additional context that'd be the 3rd worst INT% of real life Peyton's career.

But also career highs in completion % (73.5% NFL record), yards per attempt, TDs and yardage (5113, NFL record) and Rating (122.7, NFL record). I'm enjoying the final Madden game with Pey

FMT/Wellie,

Dunno if you guys still need this but here is an updated version of the stats. Sorry it took me so long to look into it. Just looked at it today and it only took a couple mins to fix things (although I didn't validate everything). Also don't think it'll work for PS3 leagues but whatever.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/117531

pm me if theres any issues. I didn't make any major tweaks so it pretty much works like 11's script did.

Nightz

sableholic said:
FMT/Wellie,

Dunno if you guys still need this but here is an updated version of the stats. Sorry it took me so long to look into it. Just looked at it today and it only took a couple mins to fix things (although I didn't validate everything). Also don't think it'll work for PS3 leagues but whatever.

pm me if theres any issues. I didn't make any major tweaks so it pretty much works like 11's script did.
sable! hai we miss u so much! /endDCXmode

BigAT

sableholic said:
FMT/Wellie,

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Rorschach

I think I kneeled more times than anyone in the league.

sableholic said:
FMT/Wellie,

:eek: You're the man!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
FMT/Wellie,

Not at home to test, but a big - THANK YOU for this work. It's invaluable.

Sorry to have bothered you with it, but we legit have no where else to turn.

Thanks a lot!

pro-bowl-20111.jpg

Let's take a look at the 2012 Pro Bowl in a different way

311px-American_Football_Conference_logo.svg.png

The AFC East has 9 representatives with 4 starting.
buf.png
Jairus Byrd (FS)
mia.png
Clyde Gates (WR), Paul Soliai (DT), Karlos Dansby (MLB)
nyj.png
David Harris (MLB), Antonio Cromartie (CB), Jim Leonhard (SS)
ne.png
Brandon Spikes (MLB), Patrick Chung (FS)

The AFC North should be ashamed of themselves with just 5 representatives and 2 starting.
cin.png
Carlos Dunlap (LE), John Abraham (RE)
cle.png

bal.png

pit.png
Mike Wallace (WR), Lamarr Woodley (LOLB), Troy Polamalu (SS)

The AFC South has 11 representatives with 5 starting.
ind.png
Peyton Manning (QB), Reggie Wayne (WR), Dallas Clark (TE), Robert Mathis (LE), Dwight Freeney (RE)
jac.png
Maurice Jones-Drew (HB)
hou.png
Matt Schaub (QB), Andre Johnson (WR), Jonathan Babineaux (DT), Kareem Jackson (CB)
ten.png
Kenny Britt (WR)

The AFC West shows why it's the toughest division with 11 representatives and 6 starting.
den.png
Knowshon Moreno (HB), DJ Williams (LOLB), Von Miller (ROLB), Andre' Goodman (CB)
sd.png
Antonio Gates (TE)
kc.png
Le'Ron McClain (FB)
oak.png
Darren McFadden (HB), Richard Seymour (DT), Kamerion Wimbley (ROLB), Chris Johnson (CB), Stanford Routt (CB)
NFC-logo-7DAB21B12A-seeklogo.com.gif

The NFC East has 9 representatives with 6 starting.
dal.png
Marcus Spears (RE)
phi.png
Michael Vick (QB), Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (CB), Nate Allen (SS)
nyg.png
Justin Tuck (LE), Jason Pierre Paul (RE), Michael Boley (LOLB), Prince Amukamara (CB)
was.png
Brian Orakpo (ROLB)

The NFC North has 6 representatives with 3 starting.
chi.png

det.png
Mikel Leshoure (HB), Calvin Johnson Jr. (WR), Ndamukong Suh (DT)
gb.png
John Kuhn (FB)
min.png
Visanthe Shiancoe (TE), Kevin Williams (DT)

The NFC South has 10 representatives with 4 starting.
tb.png
LeGarrette Blount (HB), Gerald McCoy (DT), Geno Hayes (ROLB), Aqib Talib (CB), Sean Jones (SS)
atl.png
Roddy White (WR), Julio Jones (WR)
car.png
Steve Smith (WR), Jon Beason (MLB)
no.png
Jonathan Vilma (MLB)

The NFC West has 9 representatives with 2 starting.
sf.png
Colin Kaepernick (QB), Vernon Davis (TE), Patrick Willis (MLB), Tarell Brown (CB), DaShon Goldson (FS)
ari.png
Larry Fitzgerald (WR), Patrick Peterson (CB)
stl.png

sea.png
Chris Clemons (LE), Aaron Curry (LOLB)

*Starters are bolded

Rorschach

Wellington said:
I focus more on winning than putting up stats, sorry bruh.
When did this happen? When you didn't get the sack record? :p

[edit] Looking through stats... *note to self: cover ball when around Woodley*

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
does that thing happen where your whole box score will just be a different team's stats? And not even related to a real game that was played.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
When did this happen? When you didn't get the sack record? :p

[edit] Looking through stats... *note to self: cover ball when around Woodley*
I'll get it next year. ;(

Just saying I don't force the ball to any one receiver, and I don't force runs with any one back. Dunlap was just a freak of Madden nature that I was lucky to get.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
I believe Forced Fumbles are an unsustainable stat.
lol

Wellington said:
I'll get it next year. ;(

Just saying I don't force the ball to any one receiver, and I don't force runs with any one back. Dunlap was just a freak of Madden nature that I was lucky to get.
Oh, I don't either. If I did, the "running up the score" brigade would come get me. -_-

Top Bottom