• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
The Albatross said:
Up the gut by blount from the goal line 30 - 3.. ugh. Wish I had played better in this game. Just made silly mistakes I don't usually make
I don't know of any one of the vets that generates more turnovers than DM. Dude is like a telepath or something :/

DCX

Final score: 30 - 10. Good game DM, you played well. I wish that I showed up to play in this game, but just from my first offensive series throwing the relatively uncharacteristic interception, at least, uncharacteristic for the 2nd half, I just made bad decisions. SHould have tried to minimize my mistakes, but just kept maximizing them and making more on top of them.

I blame two things:

a) Daylight Savings -- See, in Arizona, there is no day light savings, so this whole system just screws with people who own the Cardinals in franchise but are from elsewhere. Kolb's internal clock was just off because of this.

b) FMT's ugly face

There is no other explanation.

ANyway! Good game and good luck in the next rounds.

DCX said:
I don't know of any one of the vets that generates more turnovers than DM. Dude is like a telepath or something :/

DCX

Aye, his pass coverage was pretty tricky. I wish Madden had a spectator mode, but on the first interception, which was really the worst one that I threw in my own side of the field on an uneccessary audible, the CB rushed me by blitzing and the LB looked to come up and play close to the TE who was going into the flat, but he perfectyly dropped back to cut off a passing route, as soon as I threw it I knew I shouldn't have, and the LB made a great catch to pick it off. I'd love to watch that in spec and analyze what happened to avoid making the mistake again. On a second interception, again good defensive play... blitzing CB, or at least CB playing in the flat, and so I go up top and float the ball to a safety who is waiting to intercept it. Just good playcalling.

Even on the non-intercepting plays, good playcalls on out patters that generally worked for most of this season.

Although... I think that DM is liable to be run all over if you have a fast and nimble RB. Although the long TD by Williams was in garbage time, I didn't have much trouble running the ball except, of course, on those vital 3rd and 1s, haha.

Still, wish that I hadn't made the silly mistakes that I made in this one... I would have still lost, but it would have been a much closer game. From picking bad coverage on the 3rd and 18 that turned into a 60-yard Mike WIlliams TD, to making the stupid passing mistakes, I think it would have been like a 14 - 3 game late instead of 30 - 3 late.

DMczaf

The Albatross said:
Up the gut by blount from the goal line 30 - 3.. ugh. Wish I had played better in this game. Just made silly mistakes I don't usually make

gg. Man, I got lucky as hell on those fumbles. They could have easily turned the momentum around in your favor each time.

b) FMT's ugly face

I blame it everyday of my life.

DMczaf said:
gg. Man, I got lucky as hell on those fumbles. They could have easily turned the momentum around in your favor each time.

I blame it everyday of my life.

don't be mad at me that i was right about the bucs and raheem morris! i wish i were wrong :(

forgive me!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
don't be mad at me that i was right about the bucs and raheem morris! i wish i were wrong :(

forgive me!

We're only a game out of 1st place, asshole! We'll comeback, it's only the 3rd quarter of the season. Joshy Washy does his work in the 4th!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i was right rors!

Divisional Matchups:

Texans @ Raiders
Bengals @ Steelers

Eagles @ 49ers
Bucs @ Giants
wow... You were... Kinda. I face a division winner for some reason, though...

On three Tampa Bay touchdowns, Tampa bay started within their my 25 yard line. The only other TB Touchdown was a 81 yard pass on a 3rd and 18 that I usually play very conservatively... but for some reason, called a CB blitz and didn't shade Williams at all.

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
3rd qtr.; 24 - 10

valsmilingbatman.jpg

4th qtr.; 24 - 24

tumblr_llimf0fSwd1qkpj5xo1_500.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fuck this game. Honestly. Of course i would fumble while i was driving up 2 TD's! and of course Gore would bust an 80 yard run as my guys get confused on eachother.

Atleast i know it took a whole lotta twins to beat me

pops freshenmeyer wins again!

gg cb. not sure there is even a difference between vick and young, but maybe you didn't try the same types of throws. they sure as fuck elude the rush the same. 78 yards rushing and i had people all around this motherfucker but couldn't get to him.

anyways, i went down 24-10 then i had to go to a lot of passing. game changer was on a short out route CB went for the pick and missed it, leading to a 60 yard TD. then pwill caused a fumble and other stuff happened to tie the game. then i got the ball back and on the first play in shotgun with about 2:20 left i got an 80 yard TD with gore.

after that it was a matter of holding him. i made vince young fumble a couple times which of course his guys recovered. then on a pivotal 3rd down i called a play trying to bait CB into the slot throw against the blitz when i planned on moving over and going for the pick. if he waited a second longer he would have seen desean jackson streaking up the right sideline uncovered for an easy 50 yard TD. but he jumped the gun because he thought he saw his slot guy open (which he was for a brief moment). user pick and ball game!

probably shouldn't have won that. i served up some shitty picks. two times i didn't even see CB there to be honest. the white jerseys throw me off. there was one time during the last drive that i was actually covering the ref in the middle because i thought it was an eagle -_-

CB3 said:
Fuck this game. Honestly. Of course i would fumble while i was driving up 2 TD's! and of course Gore would bust an 80 yard run as my guys get confused on eachother.

Atleast i know it took a whole lotta twins to beat me

what in the fuck?? are you seriously playing the twins card? i ran twins with 2 wr's 4 times during the game. here are the results:

1. interception
2. -2 yard toss to kendall hunter
3. 10 yard gain to vernon davis
4. 6 yard TD to crabtree on 1st and goal at the 6

get the fuck out of here with that dude i didn't run twins for shit. i pretty much saved all my TD plays so if you want me to upload them to prove it i will but that is ridiculous

CB3

VY has a different gameplan. i executed it mostly perfect today.

Although im curious. His first pick this game was on the same route, on the same play, as a pick i threw against McNulty. where it sailed 10 yards in the wrong direction right to your SS. Happened the exact same way against the Vikings.

I hate how this game scripts interceptions to lower rated QB's

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what in the fuck?? are you seriously playing the twins card? i ran twins with 2 wr's 4 times during the game. here are the results:

1. interception
2. -2 yard toss to kendall hunter
3. 10 yard gain to vernon davis
4. 6 yard TD to crabtree on 1st and goal at the 6

get the fuck out of here with that dude i didn't run twins for shit. i pretty much saved all my TD plays so if you want me to upload them to prove it i will but that is ridiculous

AKA 4 times too many. Those plays shouldnt be run at all the way they make the LB's cover the inside guy

Top Bottom