• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
If you go full time zone you will get fucked up by anyone that can read them, moreso than if you were in man in most cases.

Yep, in fact, I am going to be looking a lot heavier at unbalanced and compressed formations next seasons to force people into zone.

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Only presnap adjustments I do on offense are hotroutes or a complete audible. I never move my guys around or anything. Hotroutes don't mess with who covers who. I do run quite a bit of twins, but it's mostly run plays or that slot post route play that everyone sees coming and try's to manually defend.

If there's one thing that annoyed me all year it was people coming out in flipped 3-wide sets and hiking immediately so my CB is still moving across the field to get to the slot guy since I have to flip it at the line. There's people who pretty much do this everytime they bring out 3 WRs.

The first thing you (and anyone) on D should be doing in 3 wide is watching where the slot receiver goes and then flipping the formation (X+RT). When we play and I flip on you, I'll wait for your defenders to reset.

I played a lot of cover 2 man in years past. Pretty hard to do this year with an 81, and two guys in the 60s starting at corner for me in nickel.

Against some guys you have to leave two deep and can't isolate their receivers because they will make the deep throw.

LukeSmith said:
The first thing you (and anyone) on D should be doing in 3 wide is watching where the slot receiver goes and then flipping the formation (X+RT). When we play and I flip on you, I'll wait for your defenders to reset.
Read the post again. I do this. It's just obnoxious when every time this happens the guys are sprinting to the line out of the huddle and the hike is immediate.

LukeSmith

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Read the post again. I do this. It's just obnoxious when every time this happens the guys are sprinting to the line out of the huddle and the hike is immediate.

Well your opponents should have some class and wait. Don't be assholes dudes.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
yeah, I did that to Ramirez one game on like two different plays, called an audible and receivers swapped sides, I would have waited but play clock was running down. I try not to audible out of formation now unless I have plenty of time.

bluemax

Banned
Aww man this shit is getting fucking complex. If I'm exploiting this stuff at all its out of ignorance and not maliciousness. Stupid broken game.

Mrbob

Never. Just exploit dat TE Cheese and I'm good. Well, until this year and I lost it. Now I can't compete anymore. Gimme Hoppes!

Mrbob

Whoever gets him is lucky. We play long enough he is going to transition to the greatest tight end in the history of Madden.

bluemax

Banned
bluemax said:
Neo Gaffe Race for the Bottom
Week 17 Standings

1. Browns 3-13
1. Seahawks 3-13
3. Chiefs 4-12
3. Cowboys 4-12
3. Packers 4-12
3. Rams 4-12
3. Redskins 4-12
8. Ravens 4-11-1
9. Titans 5-10-1
10. Falcons 5-11 (Belongs to the Browns)
10. Patriots 5-11
12. Bears 6-10
13. Lions 7-9
13. Jaguars 7-9
13. Bills 7-9
13. Panthers 7-9
13. Dolphins 7-9
18. Saints 9-7
19. Jets 8-8
20. Broncos 10-6
20. Cardinals 10-6
20. Chargers 10-6
20. Colts 10-6
20. Vikings 10-6
25. Bengals 11-5
26. Eagles 12-4
------------------------------------------------- (Teams Below this line are still in playoffs)
27. Texans 11-5
28. Stealers 12-4
28. Buccs 12-4
30. Giants 13-3
31. 49ers 15-1
32. Raiders 16-0
# Tie breakers are assumed to be alphabetical until proven otherwise.

Just thought I'd throw this out there since we're almost halfway through the playoffs!

Mrbob said:
Whoever gets him is lucky. We play long enough he is going to transition to the greatest tight end in the history of Madden.

If the first 11 picks shape up like my mock you would be able to grab TE Idaho rather easily.

Mrbob

Sweet. :D

Gonna have to send Gould a thank you gift. Choking on that 45 yard FG at the end of the Vikings game saved me from being in a cluster of 7-9 teams, wondering where my drafting position would pan out!

LukeSmith

DCX said:
2012 NeoGAF Madden Season 1 Mock Draft

2011-NFL-Draft-Order1.jpg

logo_20.png
Packers 3-11- Having a perfect team, the Packers really don't have any needs persay and it would be best if they traded out of this spot. With that said an upgrade at OLB would be best. OLB Mike Crawford is the pick here. Instantly upgrades the defense overnight

logo_26.png
Redskins 3-11- Looking to trade out of this spot, the Redskins have many needs and it probably a good idea to get a ransom for this pick. They do have needs at QB/OL/RB/DL. If they keep the pick it would be smart to select QB Jeremy Riggs. Instantly gives Cooley and Moss a QB who can hit them in stride.

logo_28.png
Seahawks 3-11 Having needs at QB and CB, the Hawks have a tough choice to make here. I would guess QB Chandler Jones is the pick here. QB play makes a big difference.

logo_25.png
Ravens 3-10-1 Another stacked team with little holes to fill. They can go MLB here to groom in Ray Lewis' replacement or actually upgrade the TE position that remains thin when Heap left town. I think the Raven go TE here with Cody Hoppes. A gamebreaker that will open holes for Ray Rice and leave Boldin in single coverage.

logo_5.png
Browns 3-11 The Browns are in a delightful position with a top 5 pick and a top ten pick from the underachieving Falcons. The top QBs off the board only means the Colt bandwagon moves forward. The needs are many but at 5 MLB Jacorie Joplin is to good to miss. His versatility allow him to play any LB position.

logo_9.png
Chiefs 4-10 The Chiefs are kicking themselves missing out on Joplin ( soooo close ) The needs are at DT/OLB and could use upgrades at FS and CB. My guess at this spot would be DT Jorvante Manning. His upside and impact on the game could be Suh like. It would instantly upgrade the run D and help those CBs in coverage with the pressure he would generate.

logo_11.png
Cowboys 4-10 The needs for the Gurls are at C, DE and maybe FS. The best bet would be DE Marshyl Mckenzie. It would help generate a pure pass rush that would generate turnovers.

logo_24.png
Rams 4-10 The needs are many, the pick is going to be a WR. Bradford needs a number 1 target and no better than the best wideout in the draft De'Joshua Marshall The other needs can be taken care of in free agency.

logo_30.png
Titans 4-9-1 " The Legend Killer " is riding a wave of confidence after displaying the ability to take down the best the league has to offer. The needs are on both Lines. With Manning taken three spots back the Titans may have to settle for best available or reach for a C or DT. With this pick the Titans will go Dline and select DE OJ Morgan. They will convert him to play DT. At 6'2" 315lbs, he has the size and skill to convert.

logo_14.png
Falcons 5-9 (Belongs to the Browns) With a heavy heart i type this :( Going with Joplin at 5, the Browns are poised to add to an already stellar defense with an addition to the secondary. FS Mike Adams is in his last year and is going to start declining at 30 years of age so the Browns infused the secondary with a jolt of youth and All Pro talent in FS Marques Dawson

logo_22.png
Patriots 5-9 Lord Brady has been involved in trade talks which doesn't make any sense unless he gets a top three pick that would allow him to select Riggs or Jones. With that said SS Jye Boyd. Starts from day 1 and trys to help that weak Patriots secondary.

logo_1.png
Bears 6-8 Unable to out tank the best tankers in the business, The Bears are left out of the Fab Five of elite Madden draft talent. SS Chris Harris is to rich for Chicago's empty pockets so Boyd would have been a great replacement. I think the Bears will go best available and go with WR Antwan Barksdale walks into camp as the number 1 day 1.

logo_3.png
Bills 6-8 Fighting hard to stay in the playoff hunt, the Bills are an up and coming team with good talent at every position. The Oline needs an upgrade to help Fitz in the pocket and create holes for Jackson. The pick here should be T Jake Bucher.

logo_12.png
Dolphins 6-8 In the fight for a playoff spot the Phins looks to have needs @ RB and FS. I assume RB is going to be locked done by toss king Bush. So the only choice here is FS Tercel Aaron.

logo_17.png
Jaguars 6-8 Marcedes Lewis has become a hall of fame TE in one season. The only glaring need for the Jags is at CB which would make this an easy pick with CB Jamarion Franklin. Starts day 1

logo_19.png
Lions 6-8 The Lions are pissed, almost as bad when the Knicks lost Curry one pick before them :( Franklin was the only pick on the draft board they wanted. Now they have to reach for the second best Cb or go best available here. I think they will reach and go with CB Larry Washington.

logo_18.png
Jets 7-7 The needs are not many but DE. The reach but get a sloid player to shore up the Dline. DE Damion Beachum is the pick here.

logo_21.png
Panthers 7-7 The upstart Panthers need to improve the interior and no better than DT Montra Haynes

logo_27.png
Saints 7-7 The needs are simple. T,T and T. So the Saints choose one in T Tyree Walker

logo_7.png
Cardinals 8-6 Cards need little and are doing a great job with what they have but an upgrade at CB would help their cause. The pick is CB Brion Lawson.

logo_4.png
Broncos 8-6 Need major help at C ( not that it matters with Devine raping the league ) The pick here is C Erick Daniel

logo_31.png
Vikings 8-6 Vikings have holes at G, and OLB. best available here is LB Reggie Cooper

logo_8.png
Chargers 9-5 Could use upgrades at RB or DT. The play here is DT Bryce Houston

logo_10.png
Colts 9-5 Rumored to be trading into the top 5 this pick may or may not be theirs to pick with. If things stay the same the Colts could just end up picking best available at this point, especially on the Oline. The play here is G Brody Harris

logo_6.png
Buccs 10-4 Needs nothing defensively and could use a G upgrade. The pick here is G Quintin Green

logo_29.png
Steelers 10-4 The need here is to throw less ints :p Oline could also use an upgrade so lets pencil in the best one left in the draft regardless of position. T Isiac Strong

logo_2.png
Bengals 10-4 RB could use an upgrade and the best one here is RB Sterlin Freeman

logo_32.png
Texans 10-4 Looking to stuff the run, the Texans pair up Babineaux with DT Algrenon Spencer

logo_13.png
Eagles 11-3 Eagles would love to upgrade the LB position and do so here with MLB BJ Hall

logo_16.png
Giants 11-3 Needing Oline help, the GMen take T Stanley Wright here.

logo_15.png
49ers 13-1 Depth is nice :) And CB Prince Justice adds that and the ability to take over the top Cb spot in a few years.

logo_23.png
Raiders 14-0 What does a shitty team with a S user need? A better QB, so lets give him one with QB Jaxon Boone.

Yes, i'm bored and that took longer than i thought it would :) Enjoy.

DCX

Reposting this as we get closer. DCX you doing DCX mock v2?

levious

hmmm, I bet Madden ignores my tie and I'm in a six-way tie for 3rd pick and I get bumped to the top because of the B in Baltimore...

LukeSmith

General Draft Predictions:
  1. Phenomenal offensive weapons will slide to playoff teams
  2. Offensive linemen will go earlier than expected
  3. Riggs will be taken first overall

mik

mik is unbeatable
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Only presnap adjustments I do on offense are hotroutes or a complete audible. I never move my guys around or anything. Hotroutes don't mess with who covers who.
Are you certain? Because there were a couple times where your QB called a hotroute and when I checked the coverage, a pair of defenders' lines were crossed when they weren't before.

btw, I hope you don't think I was calling you out or anything like that. You play 100% clean from the two times we played. I just remember my D getting fucked on a couple big plays due to some coverage confusion on Madden's part (well, and my inability to quickly counter).

levious

mik said:
Are you certain? Because there were a couple times where your QB called a hotroute and when I checked the coverage, a pair of defenders' lines were crossed when they weren't before.

that's not dependent on the offense's actions, happens a lot to me too, especially man assignments getting flipped between the FB and RB. Usually right before the snap too.

DCX

DCX
TheCrow said:
fyi, I have the raider's 1st rounder.
Thanks, anyone else trade out of the first round please let me know.

I'm sure trades made will affect the picks also but I don't know when the nda is up to announce off-season moves.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Reposting this as we get closer. DCX you doing DCX mock v2?

Speaking of Mock drafts, here is more of my first round:

12. Bears 6-10
Needs: C, LT, TE, WR, LOLB
Pick: TE Idaho 84 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: Probably the most inevitable pick in the draft.

13. Lions 7-9
Needs: RG, MLB
Pick: MLB Idaho 81 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: Could grab LG USC or LG UNC but this seems liek the better value.

13. Jaguars 7-9
Needs: LG,SS,WR
Pick: WR Tenn-Chatt 83 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: Could also go LG, but the temptation to add a WR of this level is probably too much.

13. Bills 7-9
Needs: C, RG, RT, TE, WR
Pick: RG Tula 79 OVR B Pot
Thoughts: Not the highest Pot OL left, but probably the highest rated.

13. Panthers 7-9
Needs: RG, WR, FS
Pick: FS Vanderbilt 84 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: With so many of the top OL already off the board, the Panthers take one of the best remaining players at a position of need.

13. Dolphins 7-9
Needs: RB, QB, TE, FS,
Pick: HB TCU 83 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: The Dolphins probably would've liked the FS from Vanderbilt given they're running out two ancient SS and no real FS. If they're smart the Dolphins try to grab QB Weber State in round 2.

18. Saints 9-7
Needs: TE, LE, ROLB
Pick: LOLB Ole Miss 81 Ovr A Pot
Thoughts: The top two DE's are already off the board and the TE need isn't as great as the OLB need.

19. Jets 8-8
Needs: RT, DE, FS
Pick: LT Idaho 84 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: FS USF is a possibility, but this looks like the better move.

20. Broncos 10-6
Needs: C, TE, WR, QB, LE, MLB, SS
Pick: SS Florida 80 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: I could also see them going with C Vanderbilt, but the defense needs more work.

20. Cardinals 10-6
Needs: C, LT, LOLB
Pick: C Vanderbilt 78 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: They have a bunch of RTs who could probably be moved to LT, and the top OLBs are gone.

Nightz

LukeSmith said:
Goddammit Bluemax you couldn't just do one more and include your prediction for me!
I would have been next in line! In fact I should be on that list since I ended at 10-6 as well.

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Goddammit Bluemax you couldn't just do one more and include your prediction for me!

Nightz said:
I would have been next in line! In fact I should be on that list since I ended at 10-6 as well.

20. Chargers 10-6
Needs: RT, MLB, ROLB
Pick: HB Fresno State 84 OVR B Pot
Thoughts: There's nothing that fills their weakest spots, so the Chargers take one of the best players available to help with the Ryan Mathews injury situation.

20. Colts 10-6
Needs: OT, OG, FB, DT, OLB
Pick: CB Miami 84 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: Somehow a classy organization like the Colts ends up with the biggest character concerns guy in the draft!

Also fixed the Jets pick:

19. Jets 8-8
Needs: RT, DE, FS
Pick: LT Penn St 82 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: FS USF is a possibility, but this looks like the better move.

And for the curious:
Remaining A Pot players:
HB Citadel 77 OVR
FB Oklahoma St 81 OVR
FB Oregon St 75 OVR
LG USC 75 OVR
DT Miami(Oh) 78 OVR
CB Miami 84 OVR
P Savannah St 76 OVR

I totally spaced at this point on CB Miami, there's no way that guy falls this far in the actual draft.

bluemax

Banned
And the last 3 teams eliminated from the playoffs:

20. Vikings 10-6
Needs: C, RG, LE, LOLB
Pick: LOLB Southern Miss 77 OVR B Pot
Thoughts: RG USC is tempting but that LOLB spot looks dreadful right now.

25. Bengals 11-5
Needs: LG, LT, FS,
Pick: LG UNC 77 OVR A Pot
Thoughts: I think progression will probably haven an effect on their draft, but this seems like a decent guess.

26. Eagles 12-4
Needs: LG, LT, LOLB, MLB,
Pick: MLB Georgia Tech 77 OVR B Pot
Thoughts: The offensive line isn't great, but that MLB spot looks even worse.

Fine I'm changing my Colts pick!

bluemax

Banned
bluemax mock draft 1.0 said:
1. Pick: LE Penn State 85 OVR A Pot
2. Pick: QB Georgia Tech 84 OVR A Pot
3. Pick: ROLB Montana 85 OVR A Pot
4. Pick: RT Alabama 84 OVR A Pot
5. Pick: WR UCF 83 OVR A Pot
6. Pick: QB Virginia Tech 83 OVR A Pot
7. Pick: LE Georgia 81 OVR A Pot
8. Pick: MLB SMU 85 OVR A Pot
9. Pick: DT Rutgers 80 OVR A Pot
10. Pick: RG TCU 84 OVR A Pot
11. Pick: SS Duke 80 OVR A Pot
12. Pick: TE Idaho 84 OVR A Pot
13. Pick: MLB Idaho 81 OVR A Pot
14. Pick: WR Tenn-Chatt 83 OVR A Pot
15. Pick: RG Tulsa 79 OVR B Pot
16. Pick: FS Vanderbilt 84 OVR A Pot
17. Pick: HB TCU 83 OVR A Pot
18. Pick: LOLB Ole Miss 81 OVR A Pot
19. Pick: LT Penn St 82 OVR A Pot
20. Pick: SS Florida 80 OVR A Pot
21. Pick: C Vanderbilt 78 OVR A Pot
22. Pick: HB Fresno State 84 OVR B Pot
23. Pick: CB Miami 84 OVR A Pot
24. Pick: LOLB Southern Miss 77 OVR B Pot
25. Pick: LG UNC 77 OVR A Pot
26. Pick: MLB Georgia Tech 77 OVR B Pot

Remaining A Pot players said:
HB Citadel 77 OVR
FB Oklahoma St 81 OVR
FB Oregon St 75 OVR
LG USC 75 OVR A Pot
DT Miami(Oh) 78 OVR
P Savannah St 76 OVR

Remaining B Pot Players said:
Remaining B Pot Players
QB Northwestern 80 OVR
QB Weber State 74 OVR
HB Houston 77 OVR
HB LA. Tech 77 OVR
HB Alabama A&M 76 OVR
HB UL Monroe 75 OVR
HB Syracuse 75 OVR
HB Miss. St. 73 OVR
WR Cincinnati 78 OVR
WR Bowling Green 75 OVR
WR Ole Miss 74 OVR
WR Baylor 70 OVR
WR Syracuse 70 OVR
WR Texas 69 OVR
TE Oklahoma 75 OVR
TE Northern Iowa 73 OVR
LT Texas St 76 OVR
LT Oklahoma 76 OVR
LT Rutgers 75 OVR
LG Baylor 72 OVR
C La. Tech 76 OVR
C Tulsa 66 OVR
RG Oklahoma 72 OVR
RT Rutgers 84 OVR
RT Ohio State 75 OVR
RT Ga. Souther 75 OVR
RT Utah 73 OVR
RT Eastern Wash. 68 OVR
LE Oklahoma St. 76 OVR
RE Miami 76 OVR
RE Marshall 76 OVR
RE Ga. Souther 74 OVR
DT Houston 79 OVR
DT Princeton 78 OVR
DT Michigan St 78 OVR
DT Miami (Oh) 78 OVR
DT Houston 75 OVR
DT Montana 75 OVR
DT Virginia Tech 75 OVR
MLB Oklahoma 77 OVR
MLB Arkansas P.B. 64 OVR
ROLB Texas 75 OVR
ROLB Arizona 75 OVR
CB Rhode Island 77 OVR
CB BYU 77 OVR
CB Northwestern 77 OVR
CB Illinois 76 OVR
CB Georgia 75 OVR
CB Airforce 74 OVR
CB Charleston S. 53 OVR
FS Oklahoma St. 77 OVR
FS UTah 77 OVR
SS Air Force 77 OVR
SS New Mexico St 74 OVR
K Texas 78 OVR

So yeah, still tons of CBs on the board, I don't know why I don't value them as much as DCX did in his mock.

bluemax

Banned
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
My 2012 second round pick is Dawkins you fools. If I went FS I'd be insane, Dawkins has worked out perfectly and I plan on that continuing.

Well excuse me for not knowing the inside and out of every teams plans! I'm just making educated guesses!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
My 2012 second round pick is Dawkins you fools. If I went FS I'd be insane, Dawkins has worked out perfectly and I plan on that continuing.

Hardly foolish since he could retire this offseason or the next.

And i didnt even realize he was on your team when we played

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
So yeah, still tons of CBs on the board, I don't know why I don't value them as much as DCX did in his mock.
I looked at everyone's roster and made my choices based on that and what I know about each guy.

CB depth is important especially with pass happy users in our league. A CB with starter skill is valued. Some people can get away with a decent nickel back if they has very good safteies and linebackers. It's all about personel.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
DCX said:
I looked at everyone's roster and made my choices based on that and what I know about each guy.

CB depth is important especially with pass happy users in our league. A CB with starter skill is valued. Some people can get away with a decent nickel back if they has very good safteies and linebackers. It's all about personel.

DCX

Well I looked at rosters, age of players (ie if a team has a 77 guy but he's 22 then they probably won't look to replace him right away) and factored in some of what I know about people (I mean Bob is gonna take the #1 TE if he makes it to Bob's pick).

Your initial mock had 3 corners go in round 1 and right now mine only has 1 going and he dropped stupid far because I forgot he existed.

While I agree that everyone not named CB probably needs at least 1 more corner, I think I'm assuming that people will draft the higher value players in round 1 that fit needs and go from there.

I mean I could be wrong, and maybe I'm overvaluing people wanting an 80 something A pot player at a position of need versus a 70 something B pot corner who will be their #2 or #3 corner.

LukeSmith

bluemax said:
Well I looked at rosters, age of players (ie if a team has a 77 guy but he's 22 then they probably won't look to replace him right away) and factored in some of what I know about people (I mean Bob is gonna take the #1 TE if he makes it to Bob's pick).

Your initial mock had 3 corners go in round 1 and right now mine only has 1 going and he dropped stupid far because I forgot he existed.

While I agree that everyone not named CB probably needs at least 1 more corner, I think I'm assuming that people will draft the higher value players in round 1 that fit needs and go from there.

I mean I could be wrong, and maybe I'm overvaluing people wanting an 80 something A pot player at a position of need versus a 70 something B pot corner who will be their #2 or #3 corner.

I know Bluemax and I are like the peanut butter and jelly of e-friends, but I do agree with his logic here. The draft is so deep at corner (upwards of 20 quality guys). I think there will be a run in the first round on OLine - which is interesting since I was fine and took maybe 18 sacks all year with the 4th worst OLine in the league. Lotta fantasy weapons are going to drop to playoff teams.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
I know Bluemax and I are like the peanut butter and jelly of e-friends, but I do agree with his logic here. The draft is so deep at corner (upwards of 20 quality guys). I think there will be a run in the first round on OLine - which is interesting since I was fine and took maybe 18 sacks all year with the 4th worst OLine in the league. Lotta fantasy weapons are going to drop to playoff teams.
It's true the draft is heavy on Cbs. There are only a 3-5 of them that are worth drafting early and can make an impact from high man, zone and press to very high in two of those three. Those guys will go first round..maybe two of the three for sure.

The other guys will be drafted based on scheme zone/man. Some will be drafted just based on overall lol Either way there will be a run on Cbs in rounds 2 and 3.

DCX

Top Bottom