• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

CB3 said:
AKA 4 times too many. Those plays shouldnt be run at all the way they make the LB's cover the inside guy

lol are you telling me you didn't run twins at least 4 times?? get out of here. i covered desean in the slot WITH A LINEBACKER at least that many times out of the twins formation. of course in my case it was a zone, so twins or not it would've been the same

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol are you telling me you didn't run twins at least 4 times?? get out of here. i covered desean in the slot WITH A LINEBACKER at least that many times out of the twins formation. of course in my case it was a zone, so twins or not it would've been the same

Eagles Doubles =/ twins. It puts DeSean in the slot, Steve smith next to him on the left, Maclin out right with Celek. If your running 4-3 or zone against a 3Wide package thats your fault!

I did run two plays out of twins. 1 pass after your Twins TD. 1 run because its the only counter play in the whole Eagles playbook. My total twins plays run all season before this game was probably 3. and all were runs. Infact myself and luke were talking about the cheapness of that package yesterday.

Its not just you. More than enough people run those packages here.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
You should know considering the record amount of them you throw every season

lol so when it's me throwing it's cause I can't throw. But you throwing it's the game. :rolleyes

It's pretty obvious by now you get by thanks to an overrated team.

CB3 said:
Eagles Doubles =/ twins. It puts DeSean in the slot, Steve smith next to him on the left, Maclin out right with Celek. If your running 4-3 or zone against a 3Wide package thats your fault!

I did run two plays out of twins. 1 pass after your Twins TD. 1 run because its the only counter play in the whole Eagles playbook. My total twins plays run all season before this game was probably 3. and all were runs. Infact myself and luke were talking about the cheapness of that package yesterday.

Its not just you. More than enough people run those packages here.

twins had no bearing on this game. you're grasping at straws but continue on! you lost because just like the real eagles you run a high risk/high reward offense. with a 24-10 lead you probably win 8/10 times, but you got bit this time. thems the breaks!

now i await a rematch with the giants or bucs!

CB3

LiveWire said:
lol so when it's me throwing it's cause I can't throw. But you throwing it's the game. :rolleyes

It's pretty obvious by now you get by thanks to an overrated team.

I was making the playoffs even when McNabb was throwing to Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis.

Sorry.

Ramirez

McNei1y said:
So running twins anything is cheese now?

It only messes up the man coverage, and sometimes it doesn't even do that. Man coverage gets busted on all sorts of sets when I try to run it, I had 3 plays tonight with man coverage where my number 2 CB was guarding the RB, while a LB went out to cover the WR, like wtf? It wasn't Twins stuff either, like 3 WR set...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
GG, dude.

I hate getting so nervous over a freaking Madden game, I need help.
lol yeah. I was ready for another game tying drive like the one I had against smokey to force OT but it wasn't meant to be. My running game is what makes my offense go, take that away and I'm nothing.

McNei1y said:
So running twins anything is cheese now?

i don't see it that way, but then again i run a lot of zone. most of the time if you play man your #1 cb won't follow that #1 receiver.... but sometimes he does.

i've seen 3, 4 and 5 wide sets break man coverage too where the guys don't know who to cover at the snap. i usually just chalk it up to the equivalent of a busted coverage in real life ;)

Ramirez

Wellington said:
lol yeah. I was ready for another game tying drive like the one I had against smokey to force OT but it wasn't meant to be. My running game is what makes my offense go, take that away and I'm nothing.

Yea, I was pretty on point on attacking the holes tonight, our connection was better than it usually is.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
It only messes up the man coverage, and sometimes it doesn't even do that. Man coverage gets busted on all sorts of sets when I try to run it, I had 3 plays tonight with man coverage where my number 2 CB was guarding the RB, while a LB went out to cover the WR, like wtf? It wasn't Twins stuff either, like 3 WR set...
So then why does twins get the blame? Because it's the only time it's clearly noticeable? I've had twins run on me a lot and when I get the CB on the wrong side, my safety usually picks it up or I manually pick it up... or I do the "reset" which sometimes works. That said, it can all be avoided with Man Lock, right?

I don't run twins much, though. Like once or twice every other game? I'm a singleback man!

Rorschach said:
So then why does twins get the blame? Because it's the only time it's clearly noticeable? I've had twins run on me a lot and when I get the CB on the wrong side, my safety usually picks it up or I manually pick it up... or I do the "reset" which sometimes works. That said, it can all be avoided with Man Lock, right?

I don't run twins much, though. Like once or twice every other game?

twins gets the blame because it's obvious pre-snap.

you see 2/1/2 offensive set, you come out in a 4-3, you clearly see your #1 or #2 cb doesn't follow the inside receiver (depending on side).

if you see 3/1/1, you lineup in nickle or dime, everything looks good pre-snap, all CB's lined up with WR's properly, and of course you aren't looking at every matchup after the snap because you're concentrating on the qb or whatever you're concentrating on. go back and look at a few plays though, the man coverage does get confused at times

McNei1y

Ramirez said:

Oh I see. I notice that but always think its the way its supposed to be for some reason lol.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i don't see it that way, but then again i run a lot of zone. most of the time if you play man your #1 cb won't follow that #1 receiver.... but sometimes he does.

i've seen 3, 4 and 5 wide sets break man coverage too where the guys don't know who to cover at the snap. i usually just chalk it up to the equivalent of a busted coverage in real life ;)

Yea thats a good way to look at it.

I was just curious since I run some twins out of singleback occasionally with a twins out of I-Form once or twice. I'm not trying to mess anyone up intentionally if that happens.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
twins gets the blame because it's obvious pre-snap.

you see 2/1/2 offensive set, you come out in a 4-3, you clearly see your #1 or #2 cb doesn't follow the inside receiver (depending on side).

if you see 3/1/1, you lineup in nickle or dime, everything looks good pre-snap, all CB's lined up with WR's properly, and of course you aren't looking at every matchup after the snap because you're concentrating on the qb or whatever you're concentrating on. go back and look at a few plays though, the man coverage does get confused at times
This is part of the reason why I play zone most of the time. Or just ignore the conventional thinking and come out with the defense I suspect will work best against my opponent's next move. Trying to deal with Maclin, DJax and Vick is insane. In the end much like real life the answer is blitzing and letting them make their own mistakes.

CB3

i probably overreacted on the twins thing. Well, atleast the amount of times he used it in our game. but my general point stands. You guys can continue to use it but ill refrain like i have been doing, like i always do with these things i think may be exploitable.

LiveWire said:
This is part of the reason why I play zone most of the time. Or just ignore the conventional thinking and come out with the defense I suspect will work best against my opponent's next move. Trying to deal with Maclin, DJax and Vick is insane. In the end much like real life the answer is blitzing and letting them make their own mistakes.

i play zone because i have awful, awful man CB's

BigAT

McNei1y said:
This is random but whenever I see you post, I always add the "bitch" at the end of the post.
k1f3p0.jpg

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i play zone because i have awful, awful man CB's
DeAngelo or Dunta can be yours for the low, low price of Patrick Willis. I mean really, who wants a linebacker that gets blown up by a 2nd year fullback?

BigAT

For what it's worth, I think flipping the play fixes the problem you two are describing. It doesn't fix anything with Twins however.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
What do you mean by reset the play?
There's a reset option in the audibles. Lets you go back to original play called. Sometimes doing that, even though you haven't changed anything, will send guys back to where they belong.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
After these playoffs it's clear I have needs at OL, QB, HB, CB, and S. it's going to be an interesting off-season.
Colt can be had. I had you drafting a RB ( mock genius ) OL and S/CB will be hard to find :/

You gotta hope you can outbid people in free agency to plug those holes.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Ramirez said:
As for flipping/reseting, you have to hope the other guy doesn't snap while they're resetting, or you're just as boned.

quickly switching from back off or press to man align can help too. Hitting man align by itself hardly does anything for me on most plays.

Is this problem happening for you in just base man coverage or zone/man combo?

mik

mik is unbeatable
I play a lot of cover 2 man, unless it turns out I'm playing someone who does tons of pre-snap adjustments. I've been fucked by that so many times early in games this year that I'm not sure why I don't just go full time zone.

By the time Drizz would snap the ball, my coverage lines were so crossed that it looked like I'd stitched the 35-yard-line closed.

Ramirez

levious said:
quickly switching from back off or press to man align can help too. Hitting man align by itself hardly does anything for me on most plays.

Is this problem happening for you in just base man coverage or zone/man combo?

It was just in man with 2 deep zone last night, I run zone 90% of the time anyways, so it doesn't bother me as much.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
mik said:
I play a lot of cover 2 man, unless it turns out I'm playing someone who does tons of pre-snap adjustments. I've been fucked by that so many times early in games this year that I'm not sure why I don't just go full time zone.

By the time Drizz would snap the ball, my coverage lines were so crossed that it looked like I'd stitched the 35-yard-line closed.
If you go full time zone you will get fucked up by anyone that can read them, moreso than if you were in man in most cases.

Mrbob

Yup, that is the problem with playing too much zone. I only try to play zone now in situations where I try to surprise my opponent.

mik said:

Only presnap adjustments I do on offense are hotroutes or a complete audible. I never move my guys around or anything. Hotroutes don't mess with who covers who. I do run quite a bit of twins, but it's mostly run plays or that slot post route play that everyone sees coming and try's to manually defend.

If there's one thing that annoyed me all year it was people coming out in flipped 3-wide sets and hiking immediately so my CB is still moving across the field to get to the slot guy since I have to flip it at the line. There's people who pretty much do this everytime they bring out 3 WRs.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Only presnap adjustments I do on offense are hotroutes or a complete audible. I never move my guys around or anything. Hotroutes don't mess with who covers who.

If there's one thing that annoyed me all year it was people coming out in flipped 3-wide sets and hiking immediately so my CB is still moving across the field to get to the slot guy since I have to flip it at the line. There's people who pretty much do this everytime they bring out 3 WRs.
Shout em out bro shout em out!

I just audible to a zone, problem solved

Top Bottom