• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
If Hoppes is available at my pick I might shock the world with what I do.

I hope so!
all intents and purposes, he might go as high as 4 and as low as 12, maybe 10 if Striker wants to pair his new QB with a beast.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
1. Packers 3-11 DCX: OLB bluemax: DE (Note: I could decide on this one, I also could see them take a LOLB)
2. Redskins 3-11 DCX: QB bluemax: QB
3. Seahawks 3-11 DCX: QB bluemax: QB
4. Ravens 3-10-1 DCX: TE bluemax: MLB
5. Browns 3-11 DCX: MLB bluemax: DE
6. Chiefs 4-10 DCX: DT bluemax: ROLB
7. Cowboys 4-10 DCX: DE bluemax: RT
8. Rams 4-10 DCX: WR bluemax: WR
9. Titans 4-9-1 DCX: DE bluemax: DT (note: DCX has them moving the player to DT)
10. Browns via Falcons 5-9 DCX: FS bluemax: RG (note: I also had FS as a possibility)
11. Patriots 5-9 DCX: SS bluemax: SS
12. Bears 6-8 DCX: WR bluemax: TE
13. Bills 6-8 DCX: T bluemax: RG
14. Dolphins 6-8 DCX: FS bluemax: HB
15. Jaguars 6-8 DCX: CB bluemax: WR
16. Lions 6-8 DCX: CB bluemax: MLB
17. Jets 7-7 DCX: DE bluemax: LT
18. Panthers 7-7 DCX: DT bluemax: FS
19. Saints 7-7 DCX: T bluemax: LOLB (Note: I mentioned they went this way because the top two T were already gone)
20. Cardinals 8-6 DCX: CB bluemax: C
21. Broncos 8-6 DCX: C bluemax: SS (Note: I did suggest C but decided on the higher OVR player)
22. Vikings 8-6 DCX: OLB bluemax: ROLB
23. Chargers 9-5 DCX: DT bluemax: HB
24. Colts 9-5 DCX: G bluemax: CB (Note: but I originally had them with the best remaing RG)
27. Bengals 10-4 DCX: RB bluemax: LG
29. Eagles 11-3 DCX: MLB bluemax: MLB

So 6 out of 29 we had the same positions. And 4 or 5 of our other ones were pretty close. Its possible your next draft mocks out differently given the change in draft order since last time.

Mrbob

Too bad you can't even get your own prediction right Bluemax. :p DE, LOLB? Please! After playing you there is no question what your first pick will be. :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
Am I throwing out a smoke screen for Hoppes so no one knows who I'm truly targeting in the first round? :D
its largely irrelevant since you'll be bringing up the rear in the NFC North again.

Mrbob

Hey look two teams that couldn't get it done in the playoffs, and now stuck in the same position as me with no title and a worse draft pick.

CB3

Mrbob said:
Hey look two teams that couldn't get it done in the playoffs, and now stuck in the same position as me with no title and a worse draft pick.

i could give you all my draft picks and id still be going head to head with AT for the division. So that, like you, is largely irrelevant too.

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
I know Bluemax and I are like the peanut butter and jelly of e-friends, but I do agree with his logic here. The draft is so deep at corner (upwards of 20 quality guys). I think there will be a run in the first round on OLine - which is interesting since I was fine and took maybe 18 sacks all year with the 4th worst OLine in the league. Lotta fantasy weapons are going to drop to playoff teams.

For me I guess its a reflection of a lot of the philosophies I've read about both real life team building and fantasy sports drafting. If people make a first round run on CBs in this draft that means there are 3 or 4 likely higher rated and higher potential players that are being passed over. Would you rather spend a first or second rounder on the 4th or 5th best corner or the 1st or 2nd best guy at another position of need?

I mean shit, half of those B rated CBs are better than my #2 guy but I don't even know if I'll look at corners in the first two rounds.

Mrbob

CB3 said:
i could give you all my draft picks and id still be going head to head with AT for the division. So that, like you, is largely irrelevant too.

Wouldn't irrelevant be getting one of the greatest Madden teams of all time and still doing nothing with them?

CB3

Mrbob said:
Wouldn't irrelevant be getting one of the greatest Madden teams of all time and still doing nothing with them?

yeah my three low 70 rated LB'ers, both mid 70's safety's, and three mid 70's linemen constitute the greatest madden team of all time, right?

Maybe my multiple game injuries to Jax, Vick(1 of 2 QB's to get injured for multiple games if i recall), and McCoy (who missed a third of the season) made me the best madden team of all time right?

I dont take too much issue losing to FMT in the playoffs, making VY look like a pro-bowler while doing so.

CB3 said:
yeah my three low 70 rated LB'ers, both mid 70's safety's, and three mid 70's linemen constitute the greatest madden team of all time, right?

Maybe my multiple game injuries to Jax, Vick(1 of 2 QB's to get injured for multiple games if i recall), and McCoy (who missed a third of the season) made me the best madden team of all time right?

I dont take too much issue losing to FMT in the playoffs, making VY look like a pro-bowler while doing so.

3 turnovers and 236 yards passing gets you into the probowl these days!?

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
3 turnovers and 236 yards passing gets you into the probowl these days!?

ignoring my rushing yards, i see.

2 of the 3 turnovers were fumbles. Things i cant control!

CB3 said:
ignoring my rushing yards, i see.

2 of the 3 turnovers were fumbles. Things i cant control!

no, you threw 2 picks and had a qb fumble. actually, you had 3 qb fumbles but you lucked out in recovering 2 of them!

and you can control qb fumbles by not standing in the pocket forever ;)

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
So 6 out of 29 we had the same positions. And 4 or 5 of our other ones were pretty close. Its possible your next draft mocks out differently given the change in draft order since last time.
In the middle of doing V2.0 right now then compare. I know of some trades that might change picks :)

DCX

CB3

oh yeah, forgot about the end where one of your overrated Lb'ers jumped like Jordan to get that pass.

CB3 said:
oh yeah, forgot about the end where one of your overrated Lb'ers jumped like Jordan to get that pass.

what the fuck? that was a user pick that i baited you into by blitzing my nickle cb and rotating over to your slot receiver immediately when you thought you had him open. don't hate on my 1 good user play of the year!

p.s.

smokey already getting beasted on by rors, down 14-0 in the 2nd.

CB3

I dont doubt you baited me. you were probably in position too. doesnt change the fact he jumped out of the gym to get it

CB3 said:
I dont doubt you baited me. you were probably in position too. doesnt change the fact he jumped out of the gym to get it

haha no i didn't. i'll upload the replay in a bit to show you.

in other news, smokey now cuts it to 14-10!

what the! now it shows smokey offline. wonder if he got DC. it was 14-10, still shows rors online.

unless smokey changed his profile to show him as offline in the middle of the game.... which i dont know why he would

oh wait, now it shows him back on.... down 20-10! i assume 21-10 shortly

wait what the! smokey now up 25-21? probably went for 2 to go up by 4 instead of leave it to a janikowski 63 yarder. smart man!

nevermind, i'm an idiot.... it was 21-18.... a td gives you 25 at that point

Nightz

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wait what the! smokey now up 25-21? probably went for 2 to go up by 4 instead of leave it to a janikowski 63 yarder. smart man!
Yeah it looks like he went for two earlier. It was 21-10 earlier, then it went to 21-18.

Rorschach

GG Smokey. Had to pee the entire second half, but it wouldn't let me pause lolz.

Hate how the game makes dbs act like idiots because the great Andre Johnson is around. :p I went too aggressive at the end and it blew up in my face. No way my guys were gonna get to the qb.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
GG Smokey. Had to pee the entire second half, but it wouldn't let me pause lolz.

Hate how the game makes dbs act like idiots because the great Andre Johnson is around. :p I went too aggressive at the end and it blew up in my face. No way my guys were gonna get to the qb.

Good game. I thought it was a wrap...again. First play AJ fumbles? Come the fuck on. Then Schaub threw a pick and I had to make the call. Leinart. Was feeling pretty down at the end of the 2nd then had to slap myself and realize I'm still in it. That fumble by you was a HUGE break.

Matt Leinart 20/23 258 yds 3 TD 0 INT

LEINART THE SAVIOR

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
No way my guys were gonna get to the qb.

24eywk9.gif

Top Bottom