• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

BigAT

GG DM. Incredibly frustrating start to the game, to say the least. Three fumbles on consecutive drives to open the game is just demoralizing, especially when one comes from a player with a 93 CAR rating. Very frustrating to lose all three. I'm still not sure how that Nicks one was a fumble, even after a review. My defense was playing really well, but all I got for it was a 7-0 deficit.

Thankfully things normalized after that and I was able to come back. I managed to take the lead, but that was quickly lost after I got caught switching players and was in an awful position that lead to an 83 touchdown throw. I got it back but then got completely dismantled on DM's final drive. I don't even know what happened. I had safety coverage over the top on all three plays but it was nowhere to be found and in an instant the game was over and I had lost.

Freeman's throwing power is out of this world. There was a deep bomb attempt that was about 60 yards on a frozen rope. Thankfully it was an incomplete, but it was absurd.

DMczaf

gg BigAT

I felt good with that 10-0 lead at the half, and then everything went to hell for me on defense. I couldn't call a decent play to save my life. It also didn't help that Tuck and Co. were getting to Freeman in under 2 secs sometimes. The pressure....the pressure....

I don't know how the hell I got that GW TD drive. I just went into "Fuck it, just throw it before someone sacks me again!" mode.

BigAT

DMczaf said:
gg BigAT

I felt good with that 10-0 lead at the half, and then everything went to hell for me on defense. I couldn't call a decent play to save my life. It also didn't help that Tuck and Co. were getting to Freeman in under 2 secs sometimes. The pressure....the pressure....

I don't know how the hell I got that GW TD drive. I just went into "Fuck it, just throw it before someone sacks me again!" mode.
There was one sack that JPP got where he hit Freeman like a second after the snap. I meant to check that replay but forgot, I wanted to see what the hell happened because it was just the front 4 rushing. Even I was shocked trying to read your receivers and then seeing Freeman already sacked.

DMczaf

BigAT said:
There was one sack that JPP got where he hit Freeman like a second after the snap. I meant to check that replay but forgot, I wanted to see what the hell happened because it was just the front 4 rushing. Even I was shocked trying to read your receivers and then seeing Freeman already sacked.

I saved the TD throw, but JPP was like an inch away from sacking Freeman before my guard picked him up at the last second. Game of inches.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/102029746

DMczaf

298723_1252836076277_full.jpg

welp 2 bay area teams dead in one night :(

gg dm. i could tell from the first drive how this was going to go down when DM throws up a duck to his wr who comes down with it. there were 3 stories to this game:

1. dm's receivers caught everything, my receivers dropped multiple balls
2. freeman is the most overrated player in the game. i said earlier it was chris harris but give me a fucking break! if freeman was 1/10th as good in real life as he is in this game the bucs wouldn't be bottom feeders
3. all the fumbles dm had.... recovered by DM!

oh well, can't win em all :(

for the first time since i've been a part of the online leagues i can look forward to real life football instead of living vicariously through madden! thank you niners.... thank you!

DMczaf

I knew I had FMT scared when he went for it on 4th and 20 from the 50 early in the 3rd quarter when he was only down 14.

X3BEJ.png

HE BLEEDS! HE'S JUST A MAN!

DMczaf said:
I knew I had FMT scared when he went for it on 4th and 20 from the 50 early in the 3rd quarter when he was only down 14.

X3BEJ.png

HE BLEEDS! HE'S JUST A MAN!

i wasn't going to stop freeman. even if you got to 3rd down all you'd need to do is scrambled out and freeball for a 1st down or worse so what was the point! i'll figure something out for next time

and nice touch going for it on 4th down before half when you were up 17-3!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
and nice touch going for it on 4th down before half when you were up 17-3!

I was going ALL OUT. I've played you enough to know that a 20-3 lead is nothing. You can score that in 3 mins. I went into that game saying "If I have a shot at a TD, go for the TD no matter what."

DMczaf said:
I was going ALL OUT. I've played you enough to know that a 20-3 lead is nothing. You can score that in 3 mins. I went into that game saying "If I have a shot at a TD, go for the TD no matter what."

hey, i got the stop! but i don't want to hear no crying foul when i pull that on you next season ;)

CB3 said:
GG but!

LOL

it was! what can i say, DM played the perfect game and executed. like i've said after every game, the winning team likely gets some breaks but i've been on the end of that too!

i don't expect to see GG from you of course seeing as how i own you in madden. it's ok though.... one day you might beat me just like DM did. your time will come, don't give up hope!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
the back handed compliments never fail to amuse me.

But im the bad guy for keeping it real, right.

Rorschach said:
GG Smokey. Had to pee the entire second half, but it wouldn't let me pause lolz.

Hate how the game makes dbs act like idiots because the great Andre Johnson is around. :p I went too aggressive at the end and it blew up in my face. No way my guys were gonna get to the qb.

champagne.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Holy fuck, congrats DM. Damn you EA for no spectator mode!

Ramirez said:
I didn't complain about anything until he said it was a fluke, and then I made an off comment about the dropped picks.

You talked garbage the entire season about how you would win the division, beat me, etc. You didn't do any of it, and now you're mad.

What's funny to me is that I've never made any slights towards you, I don't brag about beating you, and yet you still continue to try and take cheap shots at me. I don't get why you dislike me so much.

Rorschach said:
It's just fun and games, bro.

Actually, I never even said it was a fluke, it was DCX. Why would you ever consider DCX as my mouthpiece?

DCX

DCX
levious said:
how much time we gonna get for draft prep?
" you are already dead " Draft prep is all year round for some.

Maybe a day or two. I wouldn't be suprised if it hours honestly lol

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
freaks, I need at least an evening to sit down with it and do a draft board...

Nightz

DCX said:
No, Derek said soon as of the 9th

DCX
I've been following his updates on the draft console stuff. He's been saying "tonight" and "this weekend" and "soon" for weeks now. Dude's timelines are whack.

Top Bottom