• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned
Breakdown version 2.0:

1. Browns 3-11 DCX: QB bluemax: DE
2. Seahawks 3-11 DCX: QB bluemax: QB
3. Chiefs 4-10 DCX: MLB bluemax: ROLB
4. Cowboys 4-10 DCX: T bluemax: RT
5. Packers 3-11 DCX: OLB bluemax: DE
6. Rams 4-10 DCX: WR bluemax: WR
7. Redskins 3-11 DCX: C bluemax: QB
8. Ravens 3-10-1 DCX: DT bluemax: MLB
9. Titans 4-9-1 DCX: CB bluemax: DT
10. Browns via Falcons 5-9 DCX: TE bluemax: RG
11. Patriots 5-9 DCX: SS bluemax: SS
12. Bears 6-8 DCX: WR bluemax: TE
13. Lions 6-8 DCX: DE bluemax: MLB
14. Jaguars 6-8 DCX: CB bluemax: WR
15. Bills 6-8 DCX: T bluemax: RG
16. Panthers 7-7 DCX: FS bluemax: FS
17. Dolphins 6-8 DCX: FS bluemax: HB
18. Jets 7-7 DCX: DE bluemax: LT
19. Saints 7-7 DCX: T bluemax: LOLB (Note: I mentioned they went this way because the top two T were already gone)
20. Cardinals 8-6 DCX: G bluemax: C
21. Broncos 8-6 DCX: C bluemax: SS (Note: I did suggest C but decided on the higher OVR player)
22. Vikings 8-6 DCX: G bluemax: ROLB
23. Chargers 9-5 DCX: LB bluemax: HB
24. Colts 9-5 DCX: DT bluemax: CB (Note: but I originally had them with the best remaing RG)
25. Bengals 10-4 DCX: RB bluemax: LG
26. Eagles 11-3 DCX: LB bluemax: MLB

Breakdown
DCX:
QB: 2
WR: 2
TE: 1
HB: 2
G: 2 (DCX doesn't differentiate between LG/RG)
T: 3 (DCX doesn't differentiate between LT/RT)
C: 2
DE: 2
DT: 2
LB: 4 (DCX doesn't differentiate them between OLB and MLB)
CB: 2
FS: 2
SS: 1

Bluemax:
QB: 2
WR: 2
TE: 1
HB: 1
G: 3 (2RG, 1LG)
T: 2 (1LT, 1RT)
C: 1
DE: 2
DT: 1
LB: 5 (3 MLB, 1ROLB, 1LOLB)
CB: 1
FS: 1
SS: 2

I think if I redid my mock the breakdown wouldn't change much, but that #1 overall CB would definitely go anywhere from 4-10 spots higher.

I'm banking on Striker going for a veteran QB instead of grabbing one through the draft.

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
Breakdown version 2.0:

I think if I redid my mock the breakdown wouldn't change much, but that #1 overall CB would definitely go anywhere from 4-10 spots higher.

I'm banking on Striker going for a veteran QB instead of grabbing one through the draft.
Umm. I had like 3-4 DTs going in the draft and you have me selecting none :( I was joking about Live taking a C, he really has to take a QB.

DCX

daw840

When do player progressions happen. As soon as the superbowl happens? With such a young team I really need to know what happens with my guys to know who to draft/bid on

TheCrow

I like my pick in Blumax's mock draft, except he is missing my second pick. No way I go C when my current starter has A potential.

just a warning, it'll say progression was made right after the super bowl, but when the new season starts, a new progression shows up (and it's usually lower)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
this a leaguemanager issue or in game?

If leaguemanager is going to get the OVR wrong, won't that screw us with contract values/free agency?

bluemax

Banned
TheCrow said:
I like my pick in Blumax's mock draft, except he is missing my second pick. No way I go C when my current starter has A potential.

League Manager is being Poo so I can't see the Giants roster to decide on their pick.

If I had to guess I'd have you taking one of the B Pot 77 OVR DEs OR the 76 OVR B Pot MLB.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
LukeSmith said:
INCARCERATEDLUKE
Bears in talks with multiple suitors to MOVE UP if their guy is available.

was it a blast PM?

"Hello _____, "

He forgot to fill in my name :(

GCQuinton

LeagueManager Twitter said:
@DerekJAdams:Testers are finishing up QA on the draft console b4 it goes live. Here is a screenshot of the new dynamic scouting

Ad64YswCAAEgs97.png

Mrbob

The Chicago Bears organization told me they do not comment on rumors. Their number one goal is to improve the team each year through the best means necessary.

yeah that freeman play was raw garbage but dm should've saved some of the BS catches that his guys were making too. i could live with the freeballin' run from time to time but some of those catches in traffic were just fucking bogus.

the biggest mistake i made was using the niners playbook, which i hadn't been using most of the season but used it against CB and used it here. it's fine to a degree but it just doesn't have the nice route variation that the texans playbook has :(

Mrbob

It is the most used playbook because of the formations and routes make it nearly impossible to play D at times.

Doesn't need to be banned, but a lot of people use it. Would be nice to see some originality on offense. :p

Mrbob said:
It is the most used playbook because of the formations and routes make it nearly impossible to play D at times.

Doesn't need to be banned, but a lot of people use it. Would be nice to see some originality on offense. :p

what formations/routes are unguardable?

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what formations/routes are unguardable?

Unguardable is probably not the right word, but the way multiple routes flank out it seems like there is counter with about almost any defense. I haven't really seen an offensive playbook nearly as diverse in its route running, but I could be wrong! I finished 6-10 after all.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
No doubt the options and diversity on that playbook are staggering compared to the others. You really gotta work on it though to be especially effective. when i used it for a few weeks, i would get stuck on 3rd downs or important situations because there were almost too many options.

The Eagles playbook is extremely simple but i know it really well because its mostly been the same for a few years. In my case, simpler was better.

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
Is the AFC Championship Game being played tonight? The Super Bowl too hopefully. I'm excited to get to the offseason.
Any idea when these games are being played?

DCX

bluemax

Banned
Ramirez said:
We're playing at 10:30 EST. If he wins, he won't play back to back, and I don't think I will either should I win.
I don't blame you. I'm drained after a regular season game, playoffs are much worse!

Top Bottom