• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

McNei1y

gg dboy. Some bogus turnovers gave it to me. You know its bs when I win and AP has 10 yards and Ponder got a lucky TD to Harvin.

Smokey

McNei1y said:
gg dboy. Some bogus turnovers gave it to me. You know its bs when I win and AP has 10 yards and Ponder got a lucky TD to Harvin.

GG

Don't know what more I can do when AP has 10 yards................

I shouldn't of been that aggressive at the end with AJ so I could've kicked the FG. Oh well, that's what these games are for.

McNei1y

Smokey said:
GG

Don't know what more I can do when AP has 10 yards................

I shouldn't of been that aggressive at the end with AJ so I could've kicked the FG. Oh well, that's what these games are for.

lol it seems like everytime I decided to run the ball you picked the perfect play to stop AP. I believe Gerhart had more yards lol. My safeties blow so hard.

I do like this community feature. They definitely needed this. Only problem is, once the league comes they should've added a scrimmage feature for our teams incase we made moves and such.

Rorschach

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
I don't understand how that was a run play..
Which one? Btw you're not allowed to manually blitz with the lb or safety every play when yo uplay league games when the league starts. :p

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
Which one? Btw you're not allowed to manually blitz with the lb or safety every play when yo uplay league games when the league starts. :p

Every play? you mean not at all

I do man coverage and take the linebacker in charge of the hb. If the HB stays to block I normally blitz. That's against the rules? Exploitable?

God damn I need to work on my O. I just have no trust in Chad Henne and Bush seems to have the fumbles in this game to top it off.

bluemax

Banned
Ramirez said:
Oh God, 5 picks. :| :(

To my defense FMT, the one I threw that led to your winning TD, I hit the wrong button in a moment of old timer thought process, Miller was wide open across the middle, sigh.

Odd thing is, when me and LJ played, the framerate was atrocious, it didn't feel like lag, it just felt like the game's framerate was chugging. Mine and FMT's game was buttersmooth, and that's coast to coast, weird. Needless to say going from a slideshow to normal game speed made me feel like I had just taken a few hits of cocaine before playing. :p

The game chugged at times when I was playing CB and I think we live like 30 miles or so apart tops.

Also I noticed the kick meter is way slower in online than offline, is that a setting?

Rorschach said:
Alright, fuck it. I will trade a player of your choice for Zach Miller, Bluemax!

PS: if anyone wants a game, I'm game!

That would really depend upon if EA removes Carlson now that he is IRed.

LJ11

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
I do man coverage and take the linebacker in charger of the hb. If the HB stays to block I normally blitz. That's against the rules? Exploitable?

Right, you'd have to cover the middle of the field.

Trying to mount a come from behind victory and it disconnects, it was another slideshow to boot, most of my games have chugged tonight, I'm pretty fucking terrible, or maybe it's the Bills, a combination of both, I threw one pass late, it went 10 feet over the receivers head, I have a headache, goodnight.

Rorschach

GG Drizzler

yeah, you can't manually blitz the LBs/CB/Safety.

You can cross the LOS when:

-QB is out of the pocket
-Run play
-If the AI already crossed and you take control of him
-If you bite on PA (I didn't even know about this 'till FMT brought it up! All this time, I had been just running backwards or throwing myself on the floor lol)

LJ11 said:
Right, you'd have to cover the middle of the field.

Trying to mount a come from behind victory and it disconnects, it was another slideshow to boot, most of my games have chugged tonight, I'm pretty fucking terrible, or maybe it's the Bills, a combination of both, I threw one pass late, it went 10 feet over the receivers head, I have a headache, goodnight.

Chad Henne likes to throw 'em ten yards to the left or right.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
bluemax said:
The game chugged at times when I was playing CB and I think we live like 30 miles or so apart tops.

Also I noticed the kick meter is way slower in online than offline, is that a setting?

Yeah. That happened against rors too. All my other games have been much smoother. It seems to happen when EA's servers are shakey.

And if the kicking meter went as fast as it did offline the input lag would screw up kicks big time

Smokey

dat HUMBLE PIE BU BU BU JOHN BECK

49-32 Texans over Redskins

Foster 225 rushing yards

Even with 4 INT by Schaub and me gifting you possessions. At one point during one of Fosters marvelous TD runs my g/f got up and said "I'm going to bed, it's like you're playing the CPU"

ether.jpg

LiveWire

gg Smokey. It's going to be rough this year against teams with good backs like Foster. Plus I suck at 3-4 D. At least my receivers are fast. Need a new playbook though, making way too many audibles to achieve what I need from a 3 4 or 5 wide set.

Smokey

LiveWire said:
gg Smokey. It's going to be rough this year against teams with good backs like Foster. Plus I suck at 3-4 D. At least my receivers are fast. Need a new playbook though, making way too many audibles to achieve what I need from a 3 4 or 5 wide set.

john beck!

:)

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Try the Texans book. It's not for me, since I don't pass much, but if you're running 3,4,5 wide, then maybe it's for you.

LiveWire

Smokey said:
dat HUMBLE PIE BU BU BU JOHN BECK

49-32 Texans over Redskins

Foster 225 rushing yards

Even with 4 INT by Schaub and me gifting you possessions. At one point during one of Fosters marvelous TD runs my g/f got up and said "I'm going to bed, it's like you're playing the CPU"

lol CPU eh. Yea your predictable "Let's just pass short to AJ because he's God Tier and cheese" got you picked off not once, but twice, and one being a pick six. Not to mention the other 2 picks you threw into coverage. Foster is pretty much the difference, as Beck (!) actually OVERthrew receivers who were consistently wide open past your weak secondary, otherwise it might have been 53-49.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
Try the Texans book. It's not for me, since I don't pass much, but if you're running 3,4,5 wide, then maybe it's for you.

Hold up.

Yall can't be taking my playbook. Luke pulled that move yesterday, this is illegal RIGHT FMT?!

LiveWire

Rorschach said:

Thanks. I think I'll have to. My line cannot run block to save it's life.

Smokey

LiveWire said:
lol CPU eh. Yea your predictable "Let's just pass short to AJ because he's God Tier and cheese" got you picked off not once, but twice, and one being a pick six. Not to mention the other 2 picks you threw into coverage. Foster is pretty much the difference, as Beck (!) actually OVERthrew receivers who were consistently wide open past your weak secondary, otherwise it might have been 53-49.

Yesterday was an anomaly. Tonight was the correction.

I threw the picks because I was getting bored being up 21-3, and I was going for the kill. Once you got it to 3 though I flipped the switch and well you were done son. You tried to make it look better by no huddling it up and scoring one last time before the end. I would to!

LukeSmith said:
Double true

How about you stop promoting thievery.

LiveWire

Smokey said:
I threw the picks because I was getting bored being up 21-3, and I was going for the kill. Once you got it to 3 though I flipped the switch and well you were done son. You tried to make it look better by no huddling it up and scoring one last time before the end. I would too

Bored my ass. gtfo. :p

Rorschach

Smokey said:
Hold up.

Yall can't be taking my playbook. Luke pulled that move yesterday, this is illegal RIGHT FMT?!
I'm not taking anything. I'm using ol' Raiders' playbook. It's not my thing. I'm recommending it for Livewire... and everyone reading the thread!

Smokey

LiveWire said:
Bored my ass. gtfo. :p

lol

nah but that shit got me against mcneily too and cost me the game. need to turn down the aggressiveness at certain times but i only know one mode.

Rorschach said:
I'm not taking anything. I'm using ol' Raiders' playbook. It's not my thing. I'm recommending it for Livewire... and everyone reading the thread!

I was halfway kidding. Is that allowed though during franchise? Use other teams playbooks?

LiveWire

Here's the John Beck playbook.

1. Everyone get open!
2. OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT
3. ?????
4A. SLING! TD!!
4B. SLANG!!! TAINT!!!

John-Beck-Mullet-2.jpg

Rorschach

Wait, I can? All these years of Raiders playbook. Oh, the horrors I've endured!

Let's all use the Texans book! There must be some good runs in there since they have Foster!

Reminds me, first thing I did when I put in the game was play an exhibition game with the old rosters. Wildcatted the shit out of my friend (Ronnie Brown had 2 rushing and 1 passing TD) and then play eznark and cant do shit with Bush. Got the Arian Foster and the Adrian Peterson award.

BigAT

Ramirez said:
Odd thing is, when me and LJ played, the framerate was atrocious, it didn't feel like lag, it just felt like the game's framerate was chugging. Mine and FMT's game was buttersmooth, and that's coast to coast, weird. Needless to say going from a slideshow to normal game speed made me feel like I had just taken a few hits of cocaine before playing. :p
My game last night with Nightz was like this. It felt like I was watching someone else's USTREAM of our game.

BigAT

I was able to get a $10 credit from Amazon for missing release day delivery, dropping my total cost for Madden to a scant $15. Maybe I should just trade it in now for $35, that would make me the true champion of Madden.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
I was able to get a $10 credit from Amazon for missing release day delivery, dropping my total cost for Madden to a scant $15. Maybe I should just trade it in now for $35, that would make me the true champion of Madden.
Yeah I think you should.

What'd you do, send them an email to complain?

Top Bottom