• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LukeSmith

Division Power Rankings

1. NFC East - CB and the Eagles and either Wellie or AT (War of 3 pending) match nicely with Somnia to make this the toughest division.

2. NFC South - DM and Donny's Bucs, DCX's very own Super Team and an ever-improving Birdles and a GCQ/$cam Newton combo on the rise.

3. AFC West - Rors, one of the true Elites in the league and Crow, a disruptive force (he's
like the league's own Blue Ocean) pair with an improving n1ghtz and a room-to-grow Daw.

4. AFC South

5. AFC North - If Wellington ends up in the North, this division jumps probably to 3 or 4. Striker overachieves every year, and Ramirez gets enough turnovers because some coder on Madden is a huge Steelers fan to keep him in games (but rarely in the league for longer than a season).

6. NFC West - Storybook still doesn't have the Falcons (shouldn't you have been playing for them this year?), but he does have Sam Bradford, and a guaranteed two wins in the division because of Bluemax's presence. This is still FMTs division to lose.

7. NFC North - If AT is here, these guys hold at 7, a lot of unknowns and new players. If AT isn't, this is the worst division.

8. AFC East - LJ, despite his recent history as maybe the leagues strongest player not named Rors, is in a division of unproven players. Don't think of this as bottom tier, think of it as unknown-tier!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
you're both on a list!

I just can't be confident after getting regulated to the one QB in the league that I think less of than Romo...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Luke: You definitely overrate me and definitely underrate your AFC South. Even with just you and Smokey it is likely the toughest division in the league. Same with the AFC West. Rors and Crow are SB champs and Nightz is always a tough out.

NFC East is overrated too. CB is really good, but I don't think me live and somnia are in his class or the top player class.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Luke: You definitely overrate me and definitely underrate your AFC South. Even with just you and Smokey it is likely the toughest division in the league. Same with the AFC West. Rors and Crow are SB champs and Nightz is always a tough out.

NFC East is overrated too. CB is really good, but I don't think me live and somnia are in his class or the top player class.

Smokey is steamrolling people with the god-tier Texans playbook (I highly recommend it to everyone) and I just haven't got the hang of the game yet this year.

I can buy that I underrated the AFC West though. Rors and Crow are both beasts

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just for shits and giggles (and I know it'll be giggles) but where would the AFC East be if it was LJ, myself, Denogg and Ph33nix. Would it still be in the Bottom half of the 8?

I made this hypothetical question easier by not using Bog for the Dolphins. If Bog's included, I don't know how the AFC East isn't #1-7, with the other divisions fighting for 8th place.

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Just for shits and giggles (and I know it'll be giggles) but where would the AFC East be if it was LJ, myself, Denogg and Ph33nix. Would it still be in the Bottom half of the 8?

5th or 6th depending on your Tribow trash! Denogg called a good game on D, you were always a pain in the butt with your unpredictability and Pheenix, well, he was just stoned

Lonestar

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
So the Bills are my main competition? Things are looking up.

Any1 want to play?!

already-dead-e1263400503343.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
So the Bills are my main competition? Things are looking up.

Any1 want to play?!
You're underestimating LJ. He's crying wolf now because it's a new game, once we all get our shit down again he'll be S tier before you know it.

Lonestar

LJ is like Early Arnie Terminator, or that little bald dude (with the mask-laided head piece) in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. You can't put him away. He won't die. He will win.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Same with you ya fuck.

Like I hate playing Rors because he always finds a way to beat me, but against LJ he has as bad a team and he stomps the shit out of me every time. I hate that motherfucker.

Smokey

Somnia said:
Wooo home tonight at 11pm CST! Ready to finally play madden. Was a good conference though.

What swag they give yall this time? When I was working there manager always came back with free copies of games, gift certs etc

Lonestar

Wellington said:
Same with you ya fuck.

Like I hate playing Rors because he always finds a way to beat me, but against LJ he has as bad a team and he stomps the shit out of me every time. I hate that motherfucker.

LJ and the first few years of Madden League-FMT were the worst. I could never beat them. FMT slowly started to lose his edge, and now he's just a tough bastard to win aganst. Ror and Crow are here too. Not sure if I even played you once in Madden 10, but you and DM were as well.

Had 6 or 8 cracks at LJ in Madden 10. All of them close games, alot of them I had very winnable chances, only to have it ripped away right at the end. Each with the feeling that inevitably... "He's going to win."

And he's doing that with 60-70 rated talent. :|

:(
How many wins you expect LJ to have the first reg season?

I expect him to win the AFC East every season, and split the AFC evenly with Ror and Crow.

Rorschach

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
:(
How many wins you expect LJ to have the first reg season?

overcast said:
So how is the game fellas? I want to pick it up and join the online GAF community. Anything particularly annoying?
Not very good. Better than NCAA, but not great.

LukeSmith said:
Reggie Wayne ain't got no heart
True to the game. True to the NFL. True to Reggie Wayne!

TheCrow said:
If this was Madden 10 or 11 I would totally agree with you but this year WRs actually fight for the ball. I feel you have to control the DB to stop most deep passes.
Don't get me started on Desean Jackson and Mike Williams!

Somnia

Smokey said:
What swag they give yall this time? When I was working there manager always came back with free copies of games, gift certs etc
12 Months of live, 3 months of psn plus. The new Xbox 360 Bluetooth headset. Game wise we got... Batman, rage, battlefield, mw3 (with life time elite), uncharted 3, Zelda w/ gold remote, gunstringer, dance central 2, kinect sports 2, forza 4, gears, dead island and I think that's all. Most of mine will be traded as I get most on PC.

Nightz

Somnia said:
12 Months of live, 3 months of psn plus. The new Xbox 360 Bluetooth headset. Game wise we got... Batman, rage, battlefield, mw3 (with life time elite), uncharted 3, Zelda w/ gold remote, gunstringer, dance central 2, kinect sports 2, forza 4, gears, dead island and I think that's all. Most of mine will be traded as I get most on PC.
...or you can just give them to me. :(

Striker

Man Browns play the AFC South. Against Luke/PeyPey and also against Smokey/Foster/AJ, goddamit. :lol

Also got to play the NFC West. *crosses fingers*

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Somnia said:

you got the new zelda for Wii? I'll play you for it...

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Rors says 12 I am going to say 14. One of those 14 is me.
I gave him a time for adjustment! Plus, he usually doesn't play his last few games because he's already sealed the division and/or conference.

I forgot I have to play him. Make it 13. And I guess with you it's 14 since you're saying so. The only teams that will beat him are the Eagles (because EA wants them to win) and the Broncos.

Smokey

Somnia said:

fuuuuuu i knew it.

that's good they give you all that, it's the least they can do

DCX

DCX
Somnia said:
Damn..

DCX

GCQuinton

GG Drizzler. I literally just got the game in the mail and popped it in when I got your challenge. Crazy first game. A little more practice with Cam and I'm gonna like him just fine!

LJ11

Wellington said:
You're underestimating LJ. He's crying wolf now because it's a new game, once we all get our shit down again he'll be S tier before you know it.

I'm not crying wolf, I'm getting beat the fuck down so far, and I think it probably will continue into the regular season. At this point I'll take competitive over dominate.

In all my years of playing in this league, I think I've lost like one or two division games, goes back to '08. One was to the Pats, guy wasn't very good but he threw screens to Moss, it was Moss all day. I was a shitty manual defender and I took it in the rear that game. Think I lost one to Miami, Birdman led crew.

I've had tough games in the division, but I manage to pull rabbits out of hats, or my opponents crumble. Sometimes, probably most of the time, I'm not focused and I get down early which can lead to an exciting finish. Nothing will beat my NCAA 11 experiences against Lone and pheenix, those were fucking miracles, and it wouldn't have been possibly without some questionable decision making by both players.

Rors is a tough out, that's the guy to set your sights on. He's always tough, and plays up the underdog role. So if the new guys want to get better, go play him.

I admit that in the past I played with the intention of finding the plays that worked. That's half the battle with this piece of shit game, finding what works/finding the playbook. Have no intention of doing that to the extent I did in the past, too much effort.

Had one shot to win it in '10, but I got up big, got cocky, and lost. Went in thinking FMT had zero fucking chance of beating, none, I had it locked up after beating Rors. Choked it up, that's should have been an easy W. That was a beast squad too. My team was filled with complete scrubs rating wise, but in my eyes they were animals.

Nightz

More:

I just made LB James Harrison a 100 Hit Power in #madden12. Congrats @jharrison9292!

I just made RB All Day ADP a 100 Elusiveness in #madden12. Congrats @AdrianPeterson!

I just made WR Larry Fitzgerald a 100 Spectacular Catch in #madden12. Congrats @LarryFitzgerald!

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Division Power Rankings
6. NFC West - Storybook still doesn't have the Falcons (shouldn't you have been playing for them this year?), but he does have Sam Bradford, and a guaranteed two wins in the division because of Bluemax's presence. This is still FMTs division to lose.

See I know you're just trying to troll me, but if you paid attention to the NFC West (and I don't blame you for not doing so) you'd know that Story and I have a pretty even rivalry over the years.

Of course he has a much better QB than me now so maybe it will all change.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
I forgot I have to play him. Make it 13. And I guess with you it's 14 since you're saying so. The only teams that will beat him are the Eagles (because EA wants them to win) and the Broncos.

LJ11

I missed that quote.

Haven't beaten Crow, 0-2, but I had him that second game. That was another classic choke job. Holy shit, what a fuck up that was. I gave you a pounding for about 3 solid quarters. Bitched a lot after that game/loss.

And CB, well, I once held him to -7 passing yards. The most inept display of Madden I've ever witnessed. Alain train was in full force, glorious stuff.

Would like nothing more than to pound the both of you, but I'm going to catch a beating.

LiveWire

DCX said:
Never. I need to get my rep up, can't be dealing with owners that don't make the playoffs and never win divisions.

DCX

Rep. LOL. You would never make the playoffs in the NFC East. In fact, I challenge you to do better than my record last year in a single season of 4-2 in the division. Play 2 games against CB, 2 against Wellington and 2 against Somnia in mid-season form. If you can go 4-2 or better I will never ever question your skills (GM or on the sticks) again. I'm even letting you use your power Falcons, let alone the shitty Redskins.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Rep. LOL. You would never make the playoffs in the NFC East. In fact, I challenge you to do better than my record last year in a single season of 4-2 in the division. Play 2 games against CB, 2 against Wellington and 2 against Somnia in mid-season form. If you can go 4-2 or better I will never ever question your skills (GM or on the sticks) again. I'm even letting you use your power Falcons, let alone the shitty Redskins.
4-2 in the division, a beast division, a division for the ages and still missed the playoffs /convo.

Make the playoffs friend. Turn your mastery of the NFC beast to something better than draft scouting than you can talk, meanwhile ill be preparing myself to make a conference final. I'll let you know how it feels.

DCX

Top Bottom