• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

These hot and cold streaks are the fucking worst. I played Rors last night and he forced at least 4 fumbles out of Stefan Logan. Even when i was covering up at every hit.

And low rated QBs are going to be the death of everyone in the league....... Congrats on the Superbowl Luke!

LukeSmith

goldlion054 said:
These hot and cold streaks are the fucking worst. I played Rors last night and he forced at least 4 fumbles out of Stefan Logan. Even when i was covering up at every hit.

And low rated QBs are going to be the death of everyone in the league....... Congrats on the Superbowl Luke!

I'm terrible, so I'm not winning shit this year

I still think if a human takes control of a DB while the ball is in the air, humans should be able to take control of the wideout. I've seen so many open throws totally jumped by a user because my wideout was on rails.

It's time to fight back

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:

I still think if a human takes control of a DB while the ball is in the air, humans should be able to take control of the wideout. I've seen so many open throws totally jumped by a user because my wideout was on rails.

It's time to fight back
Salary dump time.

DCX

mik

mik is unbeatable
LukeSmith said:
Yes, yes, yes--FUCKING CHRIST YES.

I understand why that rule would come to exist (especially considering when it did), but it's the wrong solution to the problem. If someone is abusing streaks or something akin to rocket catches, that's one thing, but not allowing the receiver to be part of the struggle for the ball (since Madden's CPU receivers are such cunty alligator-armed pacifists) on slants, outs, and digs is madness.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
LukeSmith said:

oh good, I thought I was alone in questioning that. I'll deal though, just will probably end up taking a bunch more sacks I guess.

TheCrow

LukeSmith said:

It's time to fight back
If this was Madden 10 or 11 I would totally agree with you but this year WRs actually fight for the ball. I feel you have to control the DB to stop most deep passes.

DCX

DCX
mik said:
Yes, yes, yes--FUCKING CHRIST YES.

I understand why that rule would come to exist (especially considering when it did), but it's the wrong solution to the problem. If someone is abusing streaks or something akin to rocket catches, that's one thing, but not allowing the receiver to be part of the struggle for the ball (since Madden's CPU receivers are such cunty alligator-armed pacifists) on slants, outs, and digs is madness.
Well, I think it was designed to give the defense an advantage as manual rocket catching with the likes of Moss and Similar Wrs. I do understand if there is a duck in the air that you should be able to fight to break it up or even catch it.

Thats up to commish. Maybe we can test it before we start our franchise and use it in "duck" situations .

DCX

LukeSmith

TheCrow said:
If this was Madden 10 or 11 I would totally agree with you but this year WRs actually fight for the ball. I feel you have to control the DB to stop most deep passes.

Reggie Wayne ain't got no heart

Nightz

TheCrow said:
I agree with this. "Jump ball" type receivers actually do go up for the ball, usually without any opposition from the CPU defenders, who just sit there and watch them jump...so you need to control the defender.

BigAT

Is it just me or is the time from "Press Start" to the actual menu absurdly long this year? I just timed it and it was like 45 seconds and that's with the game installed.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheCrow said:
This. All three of Manningham, Hixon, and Nicks have gone up and made catches that would definitely have been ints in previous games. i am going to have to finally learn how to play S for real this year.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
This. All three of Manningham, Hixon, and Nicks have gone up and made catches that would definitely have been ints in previous games. i am going to have to finally learn how to play S for real this year.

I've started messing around with Safety this year too. Year 1 is all about rebuilding and tanking for a pick.

I'm interested to see how we do the new Free Agency, I think there's major potential this year for the best kind of drama.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
I've started messing around with Safety this year too. Year 1 is all about rebuilding and tanking for a pick.

I'm interested to see how we do the new Free Agency, I think there's major potential this year for the best kind of drama.
I'm excited as well. Eager to really show that I have good Gm skillz and not the rep I built up. I have a lot to prove to show I'm improving and not a mediocre player.

DCX

Nightz

DCX said:
I'm excited as well. Eager to really show that I have good Gm skillz and not the rep I built up. I have a lot to prove to show I'm improving and not a mediocre player.

DCX
The Pokemon theme song started playing in my head when I read this post.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DCX said:

DCX

Your offline franchise doesnt count

Smokey

LukeSmith said:

It's time to fight back

*looks twice

When an Elite speaks, it's time to listen. FMT where you at!

LukeSmith

DCX said:

DCX

Isn't your team Elite now? You should just win the NFC South outright.

Elite QB
Elite RB
Elite, Fast WR
Elite TE
Elite as fuck Oline
Two Shutdown Corners
Elite MLB
Elite End

Expectations are that you win the division

LiveWire

DCX said:
I have good Gm skillz

tumblr_leut89oTFl1qf8yek.gif

LukeSmith said:

Elite QB
Elite RB
Elite, Fast WR
Elite TE
Elite as fuck Oline
Two Shutdown Corners
Elite MLB
Elite End

He'll trade half of them for older aging Elite players though.

Smokey

These last posts goin hard on DCX? Did the Turner of years ago really hurt DCX's cred, or was that the final straw lol?

BigAT

Jesus, when Vick tucks the ball and takes off with it he looks like he's running on fast forward. Even RBs don't appear that speedy. Just playing against CPU Vick has made me scared what cheesy users are going to do with him.

CPU just blocked a field goal against me, is this a thing now or something?

LukeSmith

BigAT said:
Jesus, when Vick tucks the ball and takes off with it he looks like he's running on fast forward. Even RBs don't appear that speedy. Just playing against CPU Vick has made me scared what cheesy users are going to do with him.

CPU just blocked a field goal against me, is this a thing now or something?

I had back to back to back games last night where a PAT was blocked.

Just like real life, right

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:

Elite QB
Elite RB
Elite, Fast WR
Elite TE
Elite as fuck Oline
Two Shutdown Corners
Elite MLB
Elite End

Still evolving stick skills and football mindset.

There are a lot of teams that have elite talent that have elite owners and don't win shit.

I should win my division. I should win my division every year if this franchise. I expect to. I just have to make sure I play up to my potential and not drop off. I have to stay consistent.

I'm still learning the inner strategy of football.

DCX

LukeSmith

DCX said:
I should win my division. I should win my division every year if this franchise. I expect to. I just have to make sure I play up to my potential and not drop off. I have to stay consistent.

Bulletin board material NFC South

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
He'll trade half of them for older aging Elite players though.
I'll trade aging vets for picks. Got to keep my cap down. ;)

I don't have two elite corners. I have two decent corners, with decent speed, decent cover skills but short as fuck so the elite jumpers and elite speedsters will tear me up.

My elite MLB is great in running situations but terrible in pursuit and coverage due to average speed.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
TheCrow said:

I feel like WRs only make an agressive play on the ball near the sideline or back of the endzone.

CB3 said:

I messed around for like half an hour in offline franchise mode last night, almost put me to sleep.

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
True my online franchise took me to division champ and taking out Wellie, 8-8, 9-7 and 10-6 and taking you out.

I like my online franchise stats better :)

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LukeSmith said:
Lemme help out:

NewEnglandPatriots1-128x128.gif

I was totally content with my Madden 10 performance. I didn't even play a season in 11.

LJ and Rors at their peak made the AFC a brutal road

Heeeeeey.

I did ok, up until I ran into the LJ Roadblock.

Every
Single
Time

RedwoodShores.gif

LukeSmith

This is the part of the season where DCX and LiveWire pretend to be foes before LiveWire trades him Orakpo and DCX trades him back to him in year 3

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
This is the part of the season where DCX and LiveWire pretend to be foes before LiveWire trades him Orakpo and DCX trades him back to him in year 3
Never. I need to get my rep up, can't be dealing with owners that don't make the playoffs and never win divisions.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Between CB, BigAT, and FMT, it was fucking murderous to make the NFC CG let alone win the SB. Once I take control of the Bengals I expect pretty smooth sailing.

I expect to take a sizeable step back, I just won't have the time to sink in to Madden and I will pose no contest if I don't prepare.

mik

mik is unbeatable
TheCrow said:
this year WRs actually fight for the ball
I've seen them fight on deep balls, but the thing that still drives me crazy is not being allowed to control my WR on a curl--because at least 75% of the time, they puss out and fade slightly downfield, allowing the DB in front of them. I want to switch and bring them a yard back to fetch the ball.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
Between CB, BigAT, and FMT, it was fucking murderous to make the NFC CG let alone win the SB. Once I take control of the Bengals I expect pretty smooth sailing.

I expect to take a sizeable step back, I just won't have the time to sink in to Madden and I will pose no contest if I don't prepare.

Upshot of you getting the Bengals would be we have a game this season.

We had some amazing Giants/Colts games in '10, we'll have to scrim this weekend

Marleyman

Banned
BigAT said:
Is it just me or is the time from "Press Start" to the actual menu absurdly long this year? I just timed it and it was like 45 seconds and that's with the game installed.

It takes me WAY too long to get past the initial screen...glad it isn't just me.

Top Bottom