• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
hmmm, i dunno. i synced the league but i didn't notice any difference on my team

I lost every player I signed during free agency and every player I cut came back on to my team.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

I lost the following guys:

Tom Santi TE
Jerrod Johnson QB
Will Hill FS
Kyle Moore LE
Steve McClendon DT
Lawrence Wilson LOLB
Ricky Elmore ROLB
Joe Nedney K

I gained back:
Dominique Byrd TE
Anythony McCoy TE
Al Woods DT
Clint Gresham LE
Dexter Davis RE
Steve Hauschka K

Seriously check my roster! Something weird happened!

Nightz

Are you increasing the salary cap?

Edit: I just went through the rookies. There's a CB named Shredrick Carnes. Totally sounds like a football name.

bluemax

Banned
So I'll spare the full list of ratings changes but here are my best:

Sherman +11
Thomas +10
Browner +9
Maxwell +9
Okung +8
Robinson +6
Polumbus +6
Portis +6
Thurmond + 6
Johnson +6
Smith +6
Wright + 6
Wilson +5
Butler +5
Santi +5
wilson +5

The biggest three are probably Browner, Thomas and Okung.

Nightz said:
Are you increasing the salary cap?

Edit: I just went through the rookies. There's a CB named Shredrick Carnes. Totally sounds like a football name.

Oh look, the top QBs isn't Riggs. See DCX, I told you the names weren't always the same!

maybe i'm remembering it differently, but in years past i recall 6 points being the highest progression you'd see. thankfully we're seeing some 8/9/10 point increases!

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
maybe i'm remembering it differently, but in years past i recall 6 points being the highest progression you'd see. thankfully we're seeing some 8/9/10 point increases!
My pro bowl CB lost 9 points. :(

CB3 said:
And did you bump the cap already?
I believe so since there were some teams in the red that aren't anymore.

TheCrow said:
My pro bowl CB lost 9 points. :(

I believe so since there were some teams in the red that aren't anymore.

i bumped the cap up but i don't think it has taken effect yet because i had 17 mil free before i did it, and it's still at 17 mil. i'll sync again tomorrow if its still the same and see if that changes it

odds are whatever your current cap # is right now it will increase by 5 mil

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Sherman, Browner and Maxwell are all B Pot as well! So that means B Pot guys can increase pretty well!

Also the draft order is different than I predicted:

1. Browns
2. Seahawks
3. Cowboys (was 4)
4. Rams (was 6)
5. Packers
6. Chiefs (was 3)
7. Redskins
8. Ravens
9. Browns via Falcons (was 10)
10. Patriots (was 11)
11. Titans (was 9)
12. Bears
13. Bills (was 15)
14. Dolphins (was 17)
15. Lions (was 13)
16. Jaguars (was 14)
17. Panthers (was 16)
18. Saints (was 19)
19. Chargers (was 23)
20. Broncos (was 21)
21. Jets (was 18)
22. Cardinals (was 20)
23. Colts (was 24)
24. Vikings (was 22)
25. Bengals (was 25)
26. Eagles (was 27)
27. Giants (was 31)
28. Broncos via Raiders (was 27)
29. Texans (was 28)
30. 49ers (was 32)
31. Stealers (was 30)
32. Buccs

Guess I'll have to do one more mock draft tomorrow!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i bumped the cap up but i don't think it has taken effect yet because i had 17 mil free before i did it, and it's still at 17 mil. i'll sync again tomorrow if its still the same and see if that changes it

odds are whatever your current cap # is right now it will increase by 5 mil

Nah, mine already shows the cap bump. went from 13 mil to 18 mil. Feels good

Also, fuck that draft order. I get bumped back because I had Rors, DM, and FMT on my schedule? Fucking horseshit

DMczaf

Free Space:
$33,494,867

bucs-coach-raheem-morris-left-and-the-teams-general-manager-mark-dominik-seen-here-assessing-team-needs1.jpg

McNei1y

Damn my team just got placed in the worst position... Now all my back ups are asking for like a mil and I only have 6.3m free. Hopefully rookies aren't asking for the world.

McNei1y said:
Damn my team just got placed in the worst position... Now all my back ups are asking for like a mil and I only have 6.3m free. Hopefully rookies aren't asking for the world.

I will gladly take Percy Harvin off your hands

Trasher said:
Yo, guys. Is there a waiting list in case anyone drops out of the league?

I'm sure we can add you or start one with you

Somnia

Dez from 83 to 90
Dwayne Harris WR from 66 to 73
Ogletree WR from 65 to 71
Miles from 89 to 91

My WR crew went up nicely

Witten up to 98 =)
mm Tyron Smith from 77 to 81
ugh Bradie James from an 83 to 76
Doug Free from 84 to 89
David Arkin LG from 68 to 77
whoa DeMarco Murry from 69 to 81!

otherwise a lot of drops, Newman down into the 70s now. Bah

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Carlos Dunlap from 84 to 93.

UYg3e.gif

Christ @ Luke's cap space. I thought I was going to have the most for sure. At least I am done re-signing guys.

Jake Locker an 80 now---throw on the run 91 hmmmmmm
CJ2k a 97 which is 1 point higher
Kenny Britt a 92. Other receivers are still assholes
Jared Cook jumped up 4 points
Got Verner up to an 86. Finnegan is now (was?) an 88
Derrick Morgan didn't progress at all wtf :(

Also why the fuck does it say that I'm paying Matt Hasselbeck 57 million this season?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Michael Johnson from 81 to 86.

Domata Peko from 84 to 86.

Good lord at my DL. 86/93/86/93 from left to right, guahahaha.

Taylor Mays also went from I think a 71 to a 79. Maybe I don't need an S after all.

DCX

DCX
I like some of the increases my players made.

OLB 'Spoon up to an 83 :)
CB Owens up to 77
WR Roddy up to 97 :)
QB Ryan up to 91
CB Hayden up to 88
RE Gholston up to 73 big surprise he is a D pot :/
C Hawley up to a 76
C Synder up to 79
RB Jaquizz up to a 76
LE Ray Edwards a 90

Very pleased. Only a couple of dudes went down. Mario went down 1 point. Turner went down 1 a couple others.

In the test league Edward went down to an 86 from 88 so looks like his production earned him a boost. Same with Hayden, test had up going up one from 85 to 86 but our league has him at 88 :)

I assume we can disclose off-season moves since it's the off-season :)

5d7fd867438ba88d9fe8eb2f6616.jpeg

The Atlanta Falcons are happy with the hard work our team has put through the off-season and it shows. We are proud to annouce additions to our team along with a big thank you to the hard work the departing players gave forth.

The Falcons traded FS Thomas Decoud and SS William Moore along with this years second round pick and next years third round pick to KC for FS Kendrick Lewis and SS Eric Berry.

EricBerry10.jpg

The Falcons traded FB Ovie Mughelli to NE for TE Aaron Hernandez
5382991841_8ef7a6c09f.jpg

The Falcons traded Houston's second round pick to Arizona for RT Brandon Keith
brandon-keith.jpg

We are excited to add these pieces to this year's Atlanta Falcons club and eager await the draft and free agent additions to complete this ball club.

DCX

Striker

Browns have cut RT Tony Pashos and HB Brandon Jackson, which shaves off $6M.

As for movements, the major notices I've seen are:

+ HB Peyton Hillis to 95
+ CB Joe Haden to 94
+ SS T.J. Ward to 91
+ WR Jordy Nelson 84
+ DT Phil Taylor 83 (nine points!)
+ DE Jabaal Sheard 80
+ HB Montario Hardesty 79 (damn I did not see that coming)

- MLB Lofa Tatupu 84
- LG Eric Steinbach 84
- DE Igor Olshanksky 73 (dropped 7 points, thank tebow he has one year left)
- WR Josh Cribbs 73 (dropped 6 points, very expensive too, one year left)

Still listening to offers, and welcome any convo on AIM or in PM's!

BigAT

When did they change free agency so that resigning players just adds onto their contract instead of restructuring the final year and adding on?

Also, shouldn't free agency probably be locked now since people are cutting players we want to have in the FA pool and bidding isn't currently turned on?

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
When did they change free agency so that resigning players just adds onto their contract instead of restructuring the final year and adding on?

Also, shouldn't free agency probably be locked now since people are cutting players we want to have in the FA pool and bidding isn't currently turned on?
Middle of the season..

DCX

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:

I don't think you can sign anyone till week 1.

DCX

well fuck me. This sucks. I love what happened to Pouncey and my HBs but god damnit Dawkins and I planned on being able to restructure Jake Long as i resigned him this offseason (Not that it fucking matters because he wants a pay increase on his 11.1m contract).

DCX

DCX
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
well fuck me. This sucks. I love what happened to Pouncey and my HBs but god damnit Dawkins and I planned on being able to restructure Jake Long as i resigned him this offseason (Not that it fucking matters because he wants a pay increase on his 11.1m contract).
So I suppose a FS will be taken per DCX and Bluemax mocks ;)

DCX

DCX said:
So I suppose a FS will be taken per DCX and Bluemax mocks ;)

DCX
Dawkins had a great year and retires, wtf. This sucks so much. Im so fucked. So I can't resign Jake Long even tho its an increase of about a mil. This makes no sense.

DCX

DCX
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Dawkins had a great year and retires, wtf. This sucks so much. Im so fucked. So I can't resign Jake Long even tho its an increase of about a mil. This makes no sense.
You have to have the cap space to resign them even if it doesn't take from the cap.

DCX

DCX

DCX
The most amazing part in all this is the range of progression. It used to be the highest you could jump was 6. Now we are seeing 12 point swings, and even increases in C and D pots.

It really gives it a random hit or miss with lower talent. Makes you feel great when you find a diamond in the rough in low rounds or in the bowels of free agency.

Fmt mentioned an increase in cap from 3-10 million. Can't wait to see what the real number is. I do need money to sign a couple of free agents and to sign my draft class.

DCX

Nightz

DCX said:
Fmt mentioned an increase in cap from 3-10 million. Can't wait to see what the real number is. I do need money to sign a couple of free agents and to sign my draft class.

DCX
He already increased it to $125 million.

And just putting it out there one more time: Quentin Jammer is on the block!

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
He already increased it to $125 million.

And just putting it out there one more time: Quentin Jammer is on the block!
I didn't notice the cap increase.

Ok so id like to congratulate DM on his super bowl victory and RAM for his awesome playoff run.

Hope the draft console comes out soon. So no Riggs huh ...of course our league would be the odd ball and have the random names.

DCX

Top Bottom