• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Birdman02

$44 million in cap space looked good until I remembered I have 2 guys asking for a total of $25 mil. I'm gonna have to make some tough decisions this offseason.

Smokey

Just took a look at Texans progressions:

A. Foster (RB) - 92 -> 95
J.Joseph (CB) - 89 -> 86
K. Jackson(CB) - 75 -> 85
D. Ryans (MLB) - 85 -> 88
J.J Watt (LE) - 81-> 85
A. Smith (RE) - 82 -> 85
L. Vickers (FB) - 87 -> 84
B. Cushing(LB) - 84
W. Smith (LG) - 83
C. Myers (C) - 79 -> 81
N. Rackers (K) - 80
B. Tate (RB) - 69 -> 78
B. Reed (LOLB) - 69->75
B. Harris (CB) - 60something -> 75
D. Ward (RB) - 72 -> 74

:eek:

Harris and Reed didn't even play this year! Kareen Jackson jumped 10 points to 85. LOL. Jonathan Joseph declined WTF. But at least I have 2 85+ starting CBs and a bunch of high 70 CBs for defense against the pass. The ones with no arrows I can't recall what their starting OVR was off top of my head. Andre still 97, Schaub 88, Leinart regressed smh.

My RB position is also stacked. Starting RB with Arian, Tate backup, and Ward for the brusier. All saw gains.

I happy

GCQuinton

carolina-panthers-logo.jpg

The Carolina Panthers today announced that they have traded for the rights to Detroit Lions DT Nick Fairley, confirming the multiple rumors that popped up in the Twittersphere over the last few weeks. Carolina also gets RT Corey Hilliard, while sending RT Jeff Otah and DT Sione Fua to Detroit.

"Anybody who knows how we play our defense knows that a having a great DT is critical, so being able to land a player of Nick's caliber is tremendous," said head coach and GM GCQ. "That said, we are sad to see Jeff and Sione go, and wish them nothing but the best in their future endeavors."

GCQ also had something to say to a certain Twitter reporter about his newly acquired DT's musical tastes.

"Contrary to what INCARCERATEDLUKE said, [Nick] didn't even know who James Taylor was when he read that tweet," which resulted in a bit of laughter by everyone. "Rest assured, a greatest hits collection is already waiting for him in his locker."

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
$44 million in cap space looked good until I remembered I have 2 guys asking for a total of $25 mil. I'm gonna have to make some tough decisions this offseason.
Yup, as I mentioned in my mock you do have tough decisions to make.

Most of the league is waiting to pick up the dudes you can't afford :)

DCX

Mrbob

Haha wtf. A guy I barely played and was rated 70 at CB (DJ MOORE) is now 80. A B POT CB at 81 who played well and is only 28 (Tim Jennings) now dropped to 75. I signed him to a long term deal last year. Paying DJ Moore .7 million and Jennings 3.6 a year. Good thing NFL contracts aren't guaranteed bye bye Jennings!

In a span of a year 30 year old izzy (rated 82) dropped to 72. And he wanted like 5 million a year lol get outta here.

Are we certain this progression is correct? Seems messed up.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Haha wtf. A guy I barely played and was rated 70 at CB (DJ MOORE) is now 80. A B POT CB at 81 who played well and is only 28 (Tim Jennings) now dropped to 75. I signed him to a long term deal last year. Paying DJ Moore .7 million and Jennings 3.6 a year. Good thing NFL contracts aren't guaranteed bye bye Jennings!

In a span of a year 30 year old izzy (rated 82) dropped to 72. And he wanted like 5 million a year lol get outta here.

Same happened with me. One CB didn't play at all and jumped to the mid 70s after sitting on the bench all year.

Didn't pheeniks say there were 2 progression bumps? One after the SB and then it went lower or something like that before the season started?

Nightz

Reposting the draft order!
bluemax said:
1. Browns
2. Seahawks
3. Cowboys
4. Rams
5. Packers
6. Chiefs
7. Redskins
8. Ravens
9. Browns via Falcons
10. Patriots
11. Titans
12. Bears
13. Bills
14. Dolphins
15. Lions
16. Jaguars
17. Panthers
18. Saints
19. Chargers
20. Broncos
21. Jets
22. Cardinals
23. Colts
24. Vikings
25. Bengals
26. Eagles
27. Giants
28. Broncos via Raiders
29. Texans
30. 49ers
31. Stealers
32. Buccs

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't get the rampant regression of corners across the league. What is EA thinking? WRs and TEs don't regress as much but CBs get hammered. It's clear why there are so many in the draft. Leon Hall, at 27 years old, regressed. Makes no damned sense.

BigAT

Mrbob said:

It shows up correctly on the LM site if that's what you mean. It's hard to say EA's progression is "incorrect" when it's always been shitty and random.

Mrbob

That is true. Progression seems more random this year though.

levious said:
are you guys looking at the progression on LM or the EA site?

I only can access LM right now. Is it different on the xbox?

Mrbob

Hahaha, this makes no sense. My B Pot rated LT Jwebb went from 73 to 82. However my RT Carimi A pot only went from 80 to 81.

BigAT

DMczaf said:
Does anyone have the original ratings for reference?
I only saved my own players' ratings, but I think the rosters are still the same for OF as they were when we started so you can just start a new franchise to see the original ratings.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Mrbob said:
That is true. Progression seems more random this year though.

I only can access LM right now. Is it different on the xbox?

don't know, can't get to LM myself, I thought bluemax said he thought his OVRs looked different at one point, maybe it was a synching issue.

11th?

I'm gonna end up with crap aren't I :(

Also can anyone explain why I'm paying Hasselbeck 57 million which makes me 20 under the cap

Nightz

Here are the offensive players. I left out the potentials, but those are easy enough to find with some research. None of the guys listed are lower than a C rating.

QB
Ryan Kaiser 84
Peter Newcomer 83
Matt Gullary 80
Clay Harris 74
Kyle Campion 72
Brandan Bartz 72
Kareem Terrell 72
Jared Todd 70

HB
Nyjee Dyer 84
Cobie Ross 83
Teran Doolittle 77
Shakim Simmons 77
De'jon Green 76
Asa Fanning 76
Dewayne Trammell 75
Dior Taylor 75
Trevor Lewandowski 73
Demond Gunsby 71
Lasteven Pullium 70
Brenned Hamilton 69

FB
Daquan Armstrong 81
Brady Bennett 75

WR
Torry Sanders 83
Demarcus Miles 83
Bayele Tarver 78
Ty-meer Perkins 75
Davius Haynes 74
Delency Kilgo 74
Dallas Strong 73
Cleon Willis 73
Lakieth Campbell 71
Jabari Norton 71
Kelcy Haynes 70
Jawaun Sales 70
Donterrius Jones 70

TE
Jamie Brooks 84
Jonathon Hammonds 75
Khiry Cousins 73
Leighton Finley 68
Omari Bledsoe 68

LT
Emory Mark 82
Montrell Hayes 76
Cooper Scott 76
Ben Moore 75
Sherard Kelly 70
Bobby Harris 68

LG
Joe Banks 77
Jarrett Norris 75
D.T. Hill 72
Ken Brewster 68

C
Beau McQueen 78
Cal White 76
Brendan Delmar 68
Conor Younger 68
Sam Riley 66

RG
Shane Rogers 84
Dom Gunter 79
Brandon Anderson 72
Marquise Holloway 71
Ahmad Lattimore 65
Kelvin Forrest 65

RT
Brandon Leilua 84
Javonta Maxwell 84
Caleb Edwards 75
Drake Douglas 73
Kalen Federick 69
Kesnick Kennedy 68
Jocqua Welch 68

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
Yup. I went through the list with Riggs and replaced all the names with the names from our rookie class. I can post that if people are interested.
That would be great. I might have to do a final mock, 3.0. Just need to know all the trades so I can predict better.

Also how are trades being conducted? Can we do them now or do we have to wait till week 1?

DCX

Mrbob

To change to non Madden topic Skyrim, oh my lovely Skyrim. I might have spoke too soon saying Dark Souls RPG of the year. I'm dragging today at work as I stayed up till 3AM playing Skyrim after it unlocked at 11PM last night. The world of Skyrim is amazing. Might not be just RPG of the year but overall GOTY. Not as much Bethesda jank as in the past either but some is still there. I can overlook this though for such an amazing expansive and great world to travel in.

I'm gonna gif myself dancing with a skyrim box soon enough!

Nightz

Defense and kickers. Again, potentials left out so you guys can do some work. =P

LE
Raymond Gilbert 85
Na'quan Watson 81
Vorheese Smith 76
Justin Young 71
Miguel Grandon 69
Jamichael Ford 68

RE
Telvin Wallace 76
Shaydon Cousins 76
Terik Lewis 74
Asaad Reese 70
Gregory Ameen 67
Camdren Boyd 66
Kendle Cobbs 66

DT
Branden Fletcher 80
Stephon McConico 79
Brendon Myers 78
Jarrett Duncan 78
Shaquell Waugh 78
Jamius Chow 76
Keron Spence 75
C.J. Marks 75
Abraham Barksdale 73

LOLB
Devonte Dickerson 81
Damiere Hurst 77
Adrian Sutton 70
Connor Murphy 68
Darion Terrell 68
Clark Dawson 66
Shane Malone 66

MLB
Ikeem Smith 85
Taylor Terry 81
Deandre McNeal 77
Darian Wheeler 77
Devante McCleskey 72
Jared Morgan 70
Tavontae Jurado 70
E.J. Owens 69

ROLB
Daniel Rucker 85
Jack Burch 75
Kadaryl Woods 75
L.C. Simmons 68
Dallas McCuien 68
Markis Sweet 68
Zachary Anderson 66

CB
Laquon Charles 84
Deonte Ambles 77
Dallas Alford 77
Derron Charles 77
Davasia Walls 76
Labradford Bush 75
Quentin Battle 74
Mario Finley 74
Jeremy Patrick 74
Khaynin Monroe 74
Khaynin Stewart 74
Markeese Andrews 73
Shredrick Carnes 72

FS
Deaires Justice 84
Bradley Beasley 79
Dillan Rantis 77
Dontravious Taylor 77
Kenbrell Hardy 72
Ronald Cooper 71
Jeff Clausen 65

SS
Tercel Kiner 80
Jonny Kohlhausen 80
Javin Reese 77
Dareyon Hogan 74
Damond Hamilton 69
Jamal Lockett 68
Keeston Sparks 66

K
Sean Harris 78
Stephen Zapalac 68

P
Cameron Dashnaw 76

eznark

Banned
Have the playoffs started yet?

Has anyone gotten Skyrim on 360? I'm picking it up tonight (god I'm such a console peasant), wondering if there are any issues.

Nightz

eznark said:

Has anyone gotten Skyrim on 360? I'm picking it up tonight (god I'm such a console peasant), wondering if there are any issues.
LOL, DM won the Super Bowl. We're in the offseason, buddy!

My Gamefly copy of Skyrim should arrive today. Gonna try it out then decide whether to keep it or get it for PC.

BigAT

eznark said:

I heard there is a problem, when you boot up the game you're not playing on a PC.

So did we definitively decide what the order is for offseason stuff? FA first or draft?

Mrbob

Hoppes now named brooks, first name Jamie? Don't want a womans name for a tight end DO NOT WANT.

Nightz said:
LOL, DM won the Super Bowl. We're in the offseason, buddy!

My Gamefly copy of Skyrim should arrive today. Gonna try it out then decide whether to keep it or get it for PC.

A simple 20 minute side quest in getting an item for someone turned into a sprawling two plus hour adventure inside a temple after getting this item and advancing within on my own. :D Not a short game to say the least!

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Hoppes now named brooks, first name Jamie? Don't want a womans name for a tight end DO NOT WANT.

A simple 20 minute side quest in getting an item for someone turned into a sprawling two plus hour adventure inside a temple after getting this item and advancing within on my own. :D Not a short game to say the least!
Jamie Brooks? Bwahahahaha but then all he does is catch passes and score touch downs anyways.

DCX

Nightz

Mrbob said:

I would take a woman with a tight end. =D

eznark

Banned
BigAT said:
I heard there is a problem, when you boot up the game you're not playing on a PC.

So did we definitively decide what the order is for offseason stuff? FA first or draft?

I will alleviate that next year. Generally I'd buy it on both but my wife wants to spend an absurd amount of money on my daughters first Christmas and birthday (within a week of each other) so I'm being a poor where I can.

Are you playing on 360 or PC bob?

Top Bottom