• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Former Miami Dolphins CB Benny Sapp, FS Brad Fulton, OLB Ikalka Alama-Francis, DE Phillip Merling, DT Marcus Thomas, and RT Marc Colombo will be released into FA.

OLB Jason Taylor has resigned to a 5 year deal worth $11.4M.

__

Fucking Marcus Thomas wanting 2.6M a year. He's a good user guy too to stop the run, which was great for me since he was my 2nd DT and only in on run Ds. That Dawkins trade really sucked, then again if I won one more game all year it'd have been validated.

DCX

DCX
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Former Miami Dolphins CB Benny Sapp, FS Brad Fulton, OLB Ikalka Alama-Francis, DE Phillip Merling, DT Marcus Thomas, and RT Marc Colombo will be released into FA.

OLB Jason Taylor has resigned to a 5 year deal worth $11.4M.

__

Fucking Marcus Thomas wanting 2.6M a year. He's a good user guy too to stop the run, which was great for me since he was my 2nd DT and only in on run Ds. That Dawkins trade really sucked, then again if I won one more game all year it'd have been validated.
Damn...he gonna play into his 40s?

DCX

Striker

bluemax said:
Since its impossible for me to decide on their draft pick here's what I have for my mock so far:
Not too shabby. With losing Paschos and Cousins at RT, I am looking at some RT prospects also will browse the FA line. I'm absolutely cool at RG (young player who is pretty strong in the run game) and T.J. Ward, my SS, just jumped to 91! No weakness there! Just don't get injured again. :(

RkfDr.jpg

LukeSmith

-colts-logo-blue-bucking-colt-with-a-football-wearing-helmet.jpg

Signing day in Indy

The Indianapolis Colts have ensured that longtime super star receiver Reggie Wayne will retire in the same royal blue and white he was drafted in. The six year deal will pay Wayne $69M with 18M guaranteed. Young receiver Pierre Garcon inked a 5 year deal for totaling $26.6M with $5M guaranteed.

The Colts resigned Pro Bowl defensive end Robert Mathis to a 2 year deal worth $17.7M. Mathis had 12 sacks and 23 stops last year.

RG Mike Pollack reached a 2 year deal, terms undisclosed. Heading into the Draft, Colts believe they are set at offensive line.

Finally, the Colts have parted ways with MLB Gary Brackett. Brackett, who led the team in tackles and INTs last year, is said to have lost a step by Colts management. The move frees up an additional $7.4M of cap room for the 2012 season.

Sanjuro

When is the deadline for re-signing players? I'm at work until later tonight.

Is there a website that has the progression values for the Patriots to possibly speed things up?

McNei1y

So just to make sure, I can still drop some players after the free agency bidding with no harm done to my salary ONLY IF its before week 1?

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
When is the deadline for re-signing players? I'm at work until later tonight.

Is there a website that has the progression values for the Patriots to possibly speed things up?

yes

and yes mcneily, starting with week 1 and beyond there will be penalties

LiveWire

In a move made just hours before the roster deadline, the Washington Redskins released a statement indicating they are parting ways with CB Dunta Robinson after just one season.

Redskins owner LiveWire called a late afternoon press conference to announce the decision:

"After several failed attempts to renegotiate a contract, we've decided to allow Dunta to pursue free agency," he said. "While it was clear he came in and helped out when we lost Josh [Wilson], we felt his play regressed toward the end of the season. We would have liked to keep Dunta on our team and see if he could bounce back and compete for a starting spot, but unfortunately it didn't work out."

Josh Wilson, the Redskins' current #2 cornerback on the depth chart, has completely healed from a broken collarbone injury suffered early in the 2011 season. The Redskins now head into the upcoming Madden NFL 2012 draft with only 3 cornerbacks, and 6 total defensive backs under contract. The move now leaves the Redskins with just over $25 million in cap space.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
In a move made just hours before the roster deadline, the Washington Redskins released a statement indicating they are parting ways with CB Dunta Robinson after just one season.

Redskins owner LiveWire called a late afternoon press conference to announce the decision:

"After several failed attempts to renegotiate a contract, we've decided to allow Dunta to pursue free agency," he said. "While we felt he came in and helped out when we lost Josh [Wilson], we felt his play regressed toward the end of the season. We would have liked to keep Dunta on and see if he could bounce back and compete for a starting spot, but unfortunately it didn't work out."

Josh Wilson, the Redskins' current #2 cornerback on the depth chart, has completely healed from a broken collarbone injury suffered early in the 2011 season. The Redskins now head into the upcoming Madden NFL 2012 draft with only 3 cornerbacks, and 6 total defensive backs under contract.
Dunta is this years LT.

DCX

DCX

DCX
goldlion054 said:
So, GCQ and I made the trade, but the players arn't showing up on our rosters. They are in the FA pool. Is that supposed to happen?
Yes because officially we can't trade or sign anyone till week 1 per EAs weird system.

DCX

Birdman02

Well, I basically had to zap my team of depth, but the Saints would like to welcome back:

Drew Brees QB
Marques Colston WR
Robert Meachem WR
Shaun Rogers DT
Tracy Porter CB
Julian Peterson OLB
Olin Kruetz C
Chris Ivory RB
Isa Abdul-Quddus FS
Mitch King DT
Jo-Lunn Dunbar MLB

Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye to quite a few players...even a few big time contributors:

Carl Nicks LG
Abrayo Franklin DT
Pierre Thomas RB
Scott Shanle OLB
Kevin Dockery CB
Paul Oliver FS
Turk McBride DE
Leigh Torrence CB
Chase Daniel QB
John Gilmore TE
Jeff Charleston DE
Brian De La Puente LG
Tom Johnson DT
Courtney Roby WR
Jonathan Amaya SS

I think I left myself with at least the minimum at every position except LG. I'll have to make some other moves to fill that whole.

That said....I'll post in the trade thread, but I want to let everyone know that Darren Sproles and Jabari Greer available along with my draft picks. I need to make some moves for cap room, so I can fill out my backups.

LukeSmith

interesting bug I just found on EA's site:

If you look at the draft class' INJ ratings sorted, by position you get one value.

If you manually enter the player's name and sort by INJ you get a completely different - and often LOWER number.

what in the fuk

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
Well, I basically had to zap my team of depth, but the Saints would like to welcome back:

Drew Brees QB
Marques Colston WR
Robert Meachem WR
Shaun Rogers DT
Tracy Porter CB
Julian Peterson OLB
Olin Kruetz C
Chris Ivory RB
Isa Abdul-Quddus FS
Mitch King DT
Jo-Lunn Dunbar MLB

Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye to quite a few players...even a few big time contributors:

Carl Nicks LG
Abrayo Franklin DT
Pierre Thomas RB
Scott Shanle OLB
Kevin Dockery CB
Paul Oliver FS
Turk McBride DE
Leigh Torrence CB
Chase Daniel QB
John Gilmore TE
Jeff Charleston DE
Brian De La Puente LG
Tom Johnson DT
Courtney Roby WR
Jonathan Amaya SS

I think I left myself with at least the minimum at every position except LG. I'll have to make some other moves to fill that whole.

That said....I'll post in the trade thread, but I want to let everyone know that Darren Sproles and Jabari Greer available along with my draft picks. I need to make some moves for cap room, so I can fill out my backups.
Time to shop :)

DCX

LukeSmith

Draft facts:
  • There are enough elite running backs where Wellie is getting one. AFC on notice.
  • The corner depth is astounding.
  • Draft is thinner than expected at Oline and deeper than expected at MLB.
  • OLB draft is weak, unless you play 3-4.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
No. I havent set the date. Hoping the draft center goes up soon but would you guys prefer the old fashioned way?

I'm not in a huge rush, so whatever is fine. Between Skyrim, Dark Souls, and mourning Balb, I've got plenty to do

DCX

DCX
goldlion054 said:
He has like 20 million free according to league manager

nvm, forgot about his trades
I got money. Most of the trades are equal if not more cap friendly except the Brandon Keith trade. I have money for picks and maybe a player or two.

He's just trolling as usual.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
No. I havent set the date. Hoping the draft center goes up soon but would you guys prefer the old fashioned way?

Tonight is probably too soon I admit but if we don't do it tomorrow I have a feeling we will be sitting around for another week before we attempt to do it.

I don't really feel like waiting for the draft console, nothing against the LM guy but who knows how long it'll take him to deliver.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
If we do it tomorrow, how do we assign contracts after the fact? Did the LM guy post his formula for assigning contracts?
Cut and sign. I tested it on test league. It assigns the rooks contract values.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm pretty sure that all of our drafts were held on Wednesday.

Also, helloooo Carl Nicks. Was hoping he or Ben Grubbs would shake free.

Birdman02

Wellington said:

I wonder if he'll get close to the $10+ mil he was asking from me.

LiveWire

Wellington said:

I can't do Wednesday night unless it's like 11PM or later Eastern. Driving back from NYC to DC that night.

Somnia

I can only do Sunday and Thursday this week for a draft. Ass Creed/Halo/SR3, aka another crazy week for me. I'm also free next Sunday if we wait though I just say we do it tomorrow :D

guys i honestly don't think tomorrow is happening. we have to get 32 people on the same page and that is too short of time. the season just ended a couple days ago, lets me sure we get everything done right!

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Dude you out here? I def gotta buy you a number of drinks!

Yea I'll be up in Manhattan staying in Times Square from Mon around 6/7PM and leaving Wed around 6/7PM. I have dinner plans early Tuesday night but otherwise am free. Monday Night Football perhaps?

LiveWire

Somnia said:
I can only do Sunday and Thursday this week for a draft. Ass Creed/Halo/SR3, aka another crazy week for me. I'm also free next Sunday if we wait though I just say we do it tomorrow :D

I say we do it Wednesday night the 23rd. Most everyone should be off of work for the holiday and without in-laws/family visiting yet.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys i honestly don't think tomorrow is happening. we have to get 32 people on the same page and that is too short of time. the season just ended a couple days ago, lets me sure we get everything done right!
Just release the 0 year players and open free agency bidding tonight. close free agency bidding wed afternoon and we can draft wed night 9 -10 est?

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Yea I'll be up in Manhattan staying in Times Square from Mon around 6/7PM and leaving Wed around 6/7PM. I have dinner plans early Tuesday night but otherwise am free. Monday Night Football perhaps?
Ok I'll pm you

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
I say we do it Wednesday night the 23rd. Most everyone should be off of work for the holiday and without in-laws/family visiting yet.
Sounds good but the layoff is going to kill us.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Just release the 0 year players and open free agency bidding tonight. close free agency bidding wed afternoon and we can draft wed night 9 -10 est?

DCX
Have guys like Storybook, Sanjo, mik, albatross, etc even checked into the thread after the playoffs started.

Top Bottom