• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LiveWire

DCX said:
Sounds good but the layoff is going to kill us.

DCX
I think people have enough going on right now that they can use a mini-break. We'll be more prepared for season 3 and won't need to wait as long next time.

DCX said:
Just release the 0 year players and open free agency bidding tonight. close free agency bidding wed afternoon and we can draft wed night 9 -10 est?

DCX

that will happen tomorrow night as i said before. remember, not everyone has done their extensions/etc

jaguars.jpg

JACKSONVILLE, FL. (AP) -- Wayne Weaver announced today that MrGHOSTSofSPARTA will be taking over as GM and Head Coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars. The newly appointed head coach and GM wasted little time defining his goals for the next season.

"Look, I'm not going to bullshit you guys... i have no clue what the hell I'm doing," said the new coach to a half full pressroom. "but i refuse to let this team, and the city of Jacksonville, be bullied by INCARSERATEDLUKE!"

MrGoS may not be the most qualified, and is best described as being a 'madden scrub' by those who know him, but one must admire his youngryness!

mik

mik is unbeatable
Wellington said:
Have guys like Storybook, Sanjo, mik, albatross, etc even checked into the thread after the playoffs started.

I've still been reading and posting, Funshine Bear. I've resigned my dudes and dropped some losers. I'll be ready.

Birdman02

Wellington said:
Dansnyder.jpg

If Drew Brees had come loose I'd have given him a $35 million dollars this year.

Why do you think I gutted my roster to keep Brees at $16 mil? I know people will be willing to pay Nicks...I'm more wondering if his initial asking price will be the same.

As someone who knows jack shit about the Jags, can anyone offer up some insight on who i should be looking to retain?

Also, all re-signings are done through leaguemanager, right?----nvm already answered

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
I say we do it Wednesday night the 23rd. Most everyone should be off of work for the holiday and without in-laws/family visiting yet.
If we are gonna wait another 11 days we might as well not do another season. The longer the offseason drags out the less I want to play.

bluemax said:
If we are gonna wait another 11 days we might as well not do another season. The longer the offseason drags out the less I want to play.

relax, we're not going to wait until the 23rd. it will be sometime this coming week. i'll make the decision tomorrow on a definite date and how we're handling it

p.s. i guess in regards to the traded guys who are in FA we will have to make a list and then i'll have to assign them to that team on my own

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
relax, we're not going to wait until the 23rd. it will be sometime this coming week. i'll make the decision tomorrow on a definite date and how we're handling it

p.s. i guess in regards to the traded guys who are in FA we will have to make a list and then i'll have to assign them to that team on my own
psst Thursday or next Sunday kthx!

Striker

I would normally have to be gone that night by 11. How fast do these drafts go? I just want my first three picks in, primarily. Six PM west coast would be good otherwise.

EDIT Got times wrong. 9 PM EST would be ok. 10PM might be little more difficult.

bluemax

Banned
Birdman02 said:
Could we do it at 7, or would that be too late for the east coasters?

I second this request. I leave work at 6, so I'd either have to stay at work an extra hour or miss the first couple rounds of the draft.

Mrbob

Striker said:
I would normally have to be gone that night by 11. How fast do these drafts go? I just want my first three picks in, primarily. Six PM west coast would be good otherwise.

EDIT Got times wrong. 9 PM EST would be ok. 10PM might be little more difficult.

If we get started on time the draft usually takes about an hour to hour and half.

At the very least you should be able to get through your two first round picks, second, and third round before you have to go.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
FMT I traded for Eric Berry and Jeff Otah if you're keeping track.

DCX

DCX
2012 NeoGAF Madden Season 1 Mock Draft V3.0

2011-NFL-Draft-Order1.jpg

logo_5.png
Browns3-13- With the Browns shopping Colt, it's pretty obvious the Browns are going to go QB at some point in this draft. They have positions of need other than QB but i'm willing to bet that the Browns D is potent enough and the offense was losing them games. Cleveland is also looking to bolster their offensive line and might do so with the ninth pick overall or they might trade down to do so and acquire multiple pick to help with depth. Whatever way the Browns elect to move forward it starts with leadership upfront. To kickoff 2012 right the Browns select QB Ryan Kaiser

logo_28.png
Seahawks 3-13- In the same boat as Cleveland, the Seahawks would love to fill some other needs but none are greater than the hole behind Center. They might wait to see which veteran QBs might be availible after the cut deadline or even trade out of this spot for a proven superstar but if everything stays the course I expect the Seahawks to go with a young star in the making. With the second pick the Seahawks select QB Peter Newcomer

logo_11.png
Cowboys 4-12 The Cowboys have good talent on both sides of the ball but they face cap issues especially with TE Jason Witten asking for the heavens and earth with a new contract. He is still an elite talent and it's doubtful that Dallas will find a suitor for his high contract demands so replacing him in the draft might not happen. With Brooking on his way to retirement and Bradie James on the wrong side of 30, Dallas may find themselves a replacement with supreme talent in this draft at LB. Dallas will do so and help thier dismall defense. Dallas selects MLB Ikeem Smith

logo_24.png
Rams 4-12 The Rams are thin at LB. Especially OLB. A skill player upgrade wouldn't hurt either. Sam Bradford would love an upgrade at WR but one could be found in free agency easier than a supreme talent at LB. The Ram will help the defense with ROLB Daniel Rucker

logo_20.png
Packers 4-12 The Packers are quite the enigma. One of the better teams talent wise but underachieve every possible way. The owner isn't fond of either running back and even struggled getting the passing game going. The best way to solve the problems of an ineffective offense is having the defense give them better field position and more possessions through potential turnovers. The Packers will help that by upgrading the ROLB with LOLB Devonte Dickerson

logo_9.png
Chiefs 4-12 Making a splash already this off-season, the Chiefs traded supreme talent in Eric Berry but his injury woes makes the front office weary so he was shipped to Atlanta along with Kendrick Lewis for William Moore and Thomas Decoud and a pair of draft picks. This allows them to be flexible with this pick. They can go CB, LB or DE. I would DE here and generate a pass rush to help the secondary hold. The pick here is LE Raymond Gilbert

logo_26.png
Redskins4-12-The needs are simple. They need a QB. Haven't had in many years and they something to take hold of that locker room. They missed out on the two elite talents at QB but there is still very good QBs to be had still. It's the one of the two easiest picks to make in this draft. The Skins go general here with QB Matt Gullary

logo_25.png
Ravens 4-11-1 The Ravens had a tough season and played relatively hard. Maybe a playoff quality team in the NFC but the AFC gauntlet took it's toll on the Ravens. They still have one of the better defenses in the league and the offense has all the elements to be very good. Only positions of need seem to be TE and DT. The bloodlines in Baltimore will always point to defense and they will select DT Branden Fletcher

logo_5.png
Browns via Falcons 5-11 The Browns got thier guy at the helm. Do they select a weapon for him to play with or go for a position of need like RT? As tempting it may be to select a playmaker on offense it's equally as impactful to select a rock at RT to help create holes for Hillis to truck through and give Kaiser time to through. Offensive line help can be expensive in free agency so taking a young stud on a rookie contract is invaluable. The pick is RT Brandon Leilua
logo_22.png
Patriots 5-11 Making some big changes in New England in the off-season, the Pats are poised to change the culture. Making a big trade with Atlanta and acquiring pro bowl FB Ovie Mughelli, its obvious that running the ball is going to be a priority. It's starts with the defense to help out the new ball control style and the biggest hole is about to be filled with SS Tercel Kiner

logo_30.png
Titans 5-10-1 The Titans have needs on the D line but the fallout from the Texans' game was the straw that broke the camel's back. Cortland Finnegan was even shopped around some circles. Even if he doesn't move and stays with the team i totally expect the Titans to upgrade the secondary and select a CB here and they do with CB Laquon Charles

logo_1.png
Bears 6-10 The easiest pick in the entire draft. The peanut butter missing from the PB and J sandwhich. The Bears offense had to rely alot on Matt Forte and the shoddy WR corp. With no real threat up the middle the Bears sold thier souls for the chance to get thier man. The man to change the balance of power in NFC is here and his name is TE Jamie Brooks ? Real men wear pink!

logo_3.png
Bills7-9 They need help on the offensive line, especially at RT. It will allow Fred jackson to not work as hard as he has been and give Fitz the time to hit the targets down field. That's the play here with Javonta Maxwell

logo_12.png
Dolphins 7-9 It would make sense for the Phins to go FS here. With a big gamble in the Dawkins trade blowing up in thier collective faces, the Dolphins are now facing a gaping hole at FS. Good thing an elite talent falls to them here. The play HAS to be Deaires Justice

logo_19.png
Lions 7-9 Making a bold move in trading a young stud in Nick Fairley, the Lions must parlay the get in an elite offensive lineman and replace Fairley in this draft. DE/DT Na'quan Watson His ability to play end or DT will help keep the Lions interior fierce.

logo_17.png
Jaguars7-9 The biggest need here for the Jags is CB. With the change in coaching it's hard to know what he may think but the talent lacing at CB is glaring. The play should be CB Derron Charles

logo_21.png
Panthers 7-9 Filling the need a DT was a huge get for Carolina. It allows them to move to the next phase of operation destroy the south with FS. Fairley's pressure and the play from the very good LBs and CB should allow this young guy room to make plays. The pick here is FS Bradley Beasley

logo_27.png
Saints 9-7 The Saints have a ton of guys on contract years, and they all want $$$$ If they somehow find a way to resign the majority of them the play still should be Oline. It's hard to predict as this will all play out depending on who they decide to keep or if they might even be up to trading this pick for lower priced talent. They select T Emory Mark

logo_8.png
Chargers 10-6 The Chargers got a great boost over the off-season in talent progression. They are now set at RB but could always use more talent at LB or select a CB since they are shopping Jammer. I think the play should be MLB Taylor Terry

logo_4.png
Broncos 10-6 Progressions has been kind to the Broncos especially at C. They can look elsewhere to fill needs starting at CB. The secondary looks thin and they will select CB Dallas Alford

logo_18.png
Jets8-8 The Jets had a good season capped off with a division title. They look to build, or in this case, rebuild the defense that made them strong in drafting a defensive lineman here. They go DE here with DE Telvin Wallace

logo_7.png
Cardinals10-6 The Cards had a great year. What would help them make a leap next season is better Oline play especially at LT. Cards select T Montrell Hayes

logo_10.png
Colts 10-6 Colts have addressed most of their off-seasons needs with resigning their own. The pressing need on D still remains DT so they select one here with DT Stephon McConico

logo_31.png
Vikings 10-6 The Vikings would love to improve the line to help out Ponder and AP. The Vikings are looking to prove they belong in the top tier of NFC teams especially with the way they closed out the season with clutch win after clutch win. To do that they will draft safe and steady with RG Shane Rogers

logo_2.png
Bengals11-5 RB could use an upgrade and the best one here is RB Nyjee Dyer

logo_13.png
Eagles 12-4 The Eagles had a fantastic year especially since they started really rough. The only thing they really lack is talent at LB. They is still talent on the board and they select a very good one here with MLB Deandre McNeal

logo_16.png
Giants 13-3 They could use some oline help, some help at DT also. The best available on the board at either position is a DT and that's where they go. DT Brendon Myers

logo_4.png
Broncos via Raiders 16-0 The Broncos trade back into the first to select QB Tim Tebow..oh that was a couple years ago huh? Well they continue to piece together this team with TE Jonathon Hammonds

logo_32.png
Texans11-5 Texans would love to upgrade the DT position, which would help defense a 20 yard QB moonwalk..oh waii They also need help at SS or CB. After losing in the AFC championship game the Texans are out for blood. I think the Texans select SS Jonny Kohlhausen

logo_15.png
49ers 15-1 The 49ers could use some help at CB. A man with such royal pedigree is to much to pass on. The Niners select CB Derron Charles

logo_29.png
Steelers 12-4 Oline help is needed, so oline help they get in LT Cooper Scott

logo_6.png
Buccs 12-4 Buccs take the best offensive lineman on the board, they have to keep the pocket clean for freecheese.
The Buccs select T Ben Moore

The Final Mock before the real deal. Good luck fellas!

DCX

LukeSmith

If I'm Striker, I take QB, TE, WR with my first three picks. Instant offense and one of the elite WR will probably be there at the top of round 2. Don't fuck around with OLine when you can get an entire offense in the first 33 picks

Ramirez

I have a bunch of RGs on my draft board, then CB. I'm really set on both sides aside from a few OL spots and CB. My pass defense was bad enough with a high rated Ike Taylor, I now have no elite pass coverage. :( Taylor was just like an 85 to begin with, he's 91 offline right now!

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Wed night is going to be a real issue for me, can we at least push to 11PM Eastern?
that will kill any chance east coaster will attend. Not going to happen :( tomorrow is starting to look better as things move on here lol

DCX

Thursday or bust. I work nights and boy did they fuck with my schedule this upcoming week.

I'm also up for a super late draft if that's being put to vote. Might get off work in time or something if it's not thursday.

So if I can't make it do I just give FMT my draft board? Or am I rolling the dice with a computer pick? FMT gets my draft board.. right?

Top Bottom