• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Ramirez

Tomorrow would be ok with me if we did it at like 10, I work 11-8, and my wife isn't going to let me come straight home and do my videogame draft.

DCX

DCX
Ramirez said:
Tomorrow would be ok with me if we did it at like 10, I work 11-8, and my wife isn't going to let me come straight home and do my videogame draft.
It really has to be a weekend. People seem to be home at a greater % Sucks that tomorrow would be perfect but the short notice may derail it.

DCX

Somnia

DCX said:
It really has to be a weekend. People seem to be home at a greater % Sucks that tomorrow would be perfect but the short notice may derail it.

DCX

DCX Draft Board master...start calling people and tell them!

Ferny

I really wouldn't be able to do tomorrow on such short notice. Thursday would be cool with me if its not too late and then of course the following weekend, im free anytime.

Somnia

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
If we do it on the weekend can we at least do it in the afternoon/ morning. Good chance those of us with night jobs work weekends, or am I the only one?

I work weekends except most Sundays (1 Sunday a month required) so I know what you mean.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
hey bros. I've been battling a nasty stomach flu so I haven't been keeping up. Has anything in terms of the draft Ben set up. Any dates I undertones

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
hey bros. I've been battling a nasty stomach flu so I haven't been keeping up. Has anything in terms of the draft Ben set up. Any dates I undertones
maybe tomorrow, more likely wed/thursday.

DCX

i am tempted to say that there is no way we're going to do the draft tomorrow night but i will put some feelers out and see if we have enough interested people.

here is the bottom line: no matter when we do it, people are going to miss it. to get 32 people together on the same date is probably impossible. i'm trying to minimize the amount of people who have to miss the draft and the best way to do that is to have it on wednesday or thursday

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Why don't we just do it tomorrow night? I mean most people should be home on a Sunday Night and should be paying attention to this thread on a daily basis anyway.
...home watching FOOTBALL!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i am tempted to say that there is no way we're going to do the draft tomorrow night but i will put some feelers out and see if we have enough interested people.

here is the bottom line: no matter when we do it, people are going to miss it. to get 32 people together on the same date is probably impossible. i'm trying to minimize the amount of people who have to miss the draft and the best way to do that is to have it on wednesday or thursday
We've done 32! And last year we did 30 or 31!

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Why don't we just do it tomorrow night? I mean most people should be home on a Sunday Night and should be paying attention to this thread on a daily basis anyway.
That's my point. Dudes should be aware we are close. Most everyone has made their cuts and signings by now. There might be a select few that didn't. Give them till the 1pm games and then by the late game we can draft.

Free agent bidding can start as soon as 1pm as well. End it by Tuesday or Wed. Start Season then. idk..could work.

DCX

well i haven't heard from quite a few people regarding the draft:

cards, rams, bills, pats, jags, etc etc

the last thing i want is to just throw the draft out there with a days notice, none of those people knew about it, and now they had an auto draft where max younger gets taken #1!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well i haven't heard from quite a few people regarding the draft:

cards, rams, bills, pats, jags, etc etc

the last thing i want is to just throw the draft out there with a days notice, none of those people knew about it, and now they had an auto draft where max younger gets taken #1!
Best draft ever :)

DCX

oh, and earlier someone mentioned the saints have $240k of cap space and only 39 players..... lulz, looks like you will be looking at some more cuts birdles! not even enough # for your rooks!

edit -

raiders in a similar position!

DMczaf

the saints have $240k of cap space and only 39 players

2gtn87d.gif

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
LOL! He is hurting in a big way :( Feelbadman... oh wait he is in the south? bwahahaha down with Breesus and his merry men of greedy souls!

He may have to fire sale his team or just cut all his draft picks. He could field the team he has and pray for no injuries.

Either way it's just fucked up lol

DCX

well he has the following ridiculous contracts:

brees - $16 mil
roman harper - $6 mil
christ ivory - $3 mil
sproles - $3 mil
sedrick ellis - $7 mil
tracy porter - $5 mil
olin kreutz - $5 mil
marques colston - $7 mil
jabari greer - $6 mil
will smith - $10 mil

there's over half the cap on just 10 guys! kind of stuck with brees though. you can't let him hit free agency for nothing

DCX

DCX
I would cut

RT Strief 1.8mill
FS Abdul-Quddus 1.7

He needs to get rid of one of the big money guys. It will allow him to sign his class and sign fodder to fill out the roster. No matter what he needs to take a hit here.

I would have cut Brees and either signed one for this season or drafted one. He would then have some slack, as it stands its the worse cap situation this side of...well nothing. i never seen this happen to any team :/

DCX

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well he has the following ridiculous contracts:

brees - $16 mil
roman harper - $6 mil
christ ivory - $3 mil
sproles - $3 mil
sedrick ellis - $7 mil
tracy porter - $5 mil
olin kreutz - $5 mil
marques colston - $7 mil
jabari greer - $6 mil
will smith - $10 mil

there's over half the cap on just 10 guys! kind of stuck with brees though. you can't let him hit free agency for nothing
True but the problem is no one is going to take on these contracts. He will never get fair market value. I would love to add Will Smith, but i'm not giving him nothing but a 5th rounder which would never get approved lol.

He needs to cut ties and replace players with lesser cheaper talent. He has to understand he is going to lose talent. He just has too.

DCX

ivory and sproles would be on the chopping block if it were me. i'd roll with ingram as my starter and supplement with a speed back or two in the later rounds of the draft. and much as it might hurt on paper, i couldn't pay will smith $10 mil. yikes!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
ivory and sproles would be on the chopping block if it were me. i'd roll with ingram as my starter and supplement with a speed back or two in the later rounds of the draft. and much as it might hurt on paper, i couldn't pay will smith $10 mil. yikes!
Yes. He should have gotten ahead of this during the season. :( I may have done it toooooo early with Abraham, Gonzo and Dunta but i had enough foresight to know i would be just like him right now.

oh well, onto the draft :)

DCX

bluemax said:
1. Have you contacted these people? You are the commissioner!
2. You should've been more decisive during the week. Once the Super Bowl finished I don't see why it took you more than a day to decide on scheduling of the off season.
3. If people can't make it, they do know that they can set a draft board either through the EA website or through the game itself, right? Anything after the first 2 rounds is probably a crapshoot anyhow.
4. I get that people still need to finish re-signing players but that shouldn't affect the draft right? Just the start of Free Agency?

uh.... the superbowl was on thursday. the couple day delay was to see if there was any chance the draft console would be up and running early next week because i would prefer it that way but it doesn't look like derek is answering on when it will be available.

and yes, i have sent PM's out or AIM's out.

and yes, the draft shouldn't be affected by free agent cuts, that is correct

Nightz

daw840 said:
Ate any of the traded picks going to work?
Without the draft console, we'd have to do it the old fashioned way: tell your trade partner who you want to draft when that pick comes up.

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
uh.... the superbowl was on thursday. the couple day delay was to see if there was any chance the draft console would be up and running early next week because i would prefer it that way but it doesn't look like derek is answering on when it will be available.
I wish he would at least let us know what is happening. All this "soon" and "update tomorrow" and then no updates is just frustrating.

Nightz

logo_8.png
logo_32.png

The Chargers and Texans have come to terms on a deal that will send veteran CB Quentin Jammer to Houston in exchange for the Texans' first round pick of the draft (29th overall).

"Quentin Jammer has been an integral part of the Chargers defense for many, many years," coach Nightz said. "However, due to his age and with the emergence of 2nd year corners Marcus Gilchrist and Shereece Wright, I believe it is time to get our younger corners some game experience. We thank Quentin for his service and wish him the best in the AFC South."

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
logo_8.png
logo_32.png

The Chargers and Texans have come to terms on a deal that will send veteran CB Quentin Jammer to Houston in exchange for the Texans' first round pick of the draft (29th overall).

"Quentin Jammer has been an integral part of the Chargers defense for many, many years," coach Nightz said. "However, due to his age and with the emergence of 2nd year corners Marcus Gilchrist and Shereece Wright, I believe it is time to get our younger corners some game experience. We thank Quentin for his service and wish him the best in the AFC South."
Damn. That's just, wow. Cap relief for sure. Now Nightz has two first rounders and options!!

DCX

TheCrow

The Texans and Broncos have also agreed upon a deal that sends Johnathan Joseph to Denver for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Since Goodman regressed in the offseason despite being a pro bowler, Josepeh will now play opposite of Champ.

Smokey

Houston Chronicle:

Houston Texas - The Houston Texans made some bold moves on the eve of draft day. Looking for cap relief they traded their premiere starting CB (Jonathan Joseph) to the Denver Broncos in exchange for Miami's 2nd round pick, and the Broncos 3rd rounder. The front office didn't stop there as they also orchestrated a deal with the San Diego Chargers to acquire CB Quentin Jammer who replaces Joseph and gives the Texans an additional $5 million in cap space.

With these moves the Texans have effectively cut pay roll while sliding in a veteran CB who they believe will gel nicely with Wade's scheme.

Breaking News

We have more information coming from the Texans camp this evening. Sources tell us that the Texans have cut QB Matt Schaub. Schaub was due to make $8.3 million this year, and the emergence of Matt Leinart in the playoffs may have influenced this decision. Leinart is rumored to want $1.6 million to remain in Houston.

The Texans also resigned some key offensive players: Derrick Ward (RB), Duane Brown (LT), Joel Dreesen (TE) and HOF TE Tony Gonzalez.

Striker

Strange moves. :p

As for the draft, I can make it! :)

DCX is going to have to make my pick in the 1st and 4th, I suppose. I will make his selection in the 3rd. Going to be crappy if somebody messes one up or something. :x

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
alright, i have a lot of AIM's/PM's/etc

we're going to do it tomorrow night, 7 pm pst unless i have a massive backlash from a majority of the people in the league

Does this mean Sunday night (today) the 13th?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
did unsigned players already get cut? I wasn't going to have a chance to look through my roster til this morning.

Does anyone want to trade me a first rounder?

I just want multiple first rounders!

I'm gonna have to replenish my WR core the after cutting Nate Washington...but no way was I going to pay his ass 5 million or whatever.

GCQuinton

Soooo what are we gonna do for people who have draft picks with other teams if they don't show up? I'll be around to do Bob's Bears/Panthers pick in the third, but don't know if Albatross will be around for the 4th round pick he owes me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
Houston Chronicle:

Breaking News
Smokey via PM said:
Schaub. Let's do some talking buddy. Real. Talk.

The team has decided to go in another direction. He can be yours for a 1st and 2nd rounder since you pick low in this years draft.

OVR 88. He could be the one missing link!

I don't know what it is, but all you guys have been asking for a kings ransom from me for everything. I have needs at OL, QB, RB, CB, S and I only pick 25, it's like they're trying to squeeze blood out of a stone.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
I would cut

RT Strief 1.8mill
FS Abdul-Quddus 1.7

He needs to get rid of one of the big money guys. It will allow him to sign his class and sign fodder to fill out the roster. No matter what he needs to take a hit here.

I would have cut Brees and either signed one for this season or drafted one. He would then have some slack, as it stands its the worse cap situation this side of...well nothing. i never seen this happen to any team :/

DCX
I hope you're not serious.

Speaking of, just looked at the QB class, three of those guys are DO WANT. I doubt any of them fall to me tho.

When are free agents getting dumped? I imagine I'm not the only one that is in a "if I don't get to bolster this position I'll have to cut this guy" mode.

Cant make the draft unless it's late or soon. This sucks, gonna happen to some I guess. I'm supposed to draft Smokey's guy in the 2nd round also, this is gonna fuck shit up since now Ill take some1 that sombody else wants and then smokeys guy will still be up. Some1s gonna need to keep track of this.

Top Bottom