• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I don't know what it is, but all you guys have been asking for a kings ransom from me for everything. I have needs at OL, QB, RB, CB, S and I only pick 25, it's like they're trying to squeeze blood out of a stone.
to bad you don't have your second :)

Yes Striker i will around :)

DCX

Somnia

I guess one way for those that can't make it if you owe someone a draft pick, maybe give your ea login to someone you trust (or the person you owe, and change pw after) so they can login on ea site to make that pick. Just a suggestion.

Remember to set your draft boards!!!!!

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh, and earlier someone mentioned the saints have $240k of cap space and only 39 players..... lulz, looks like you will be looking at some more cuts birdles! not even enough # for your rooks!

edit -

raiders in a similar position!

Don't worry. I'll make it work somehow. I definitely have more moves to make before week 1.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
setting a draft board has never affected auto picks. I haven't tested that in this version though.

Somnia

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Does the draft board work? I have to set up another account, don't want to do it if it's all for nothing.
Its had issues and isn't perfect but it worked for me once during season 1 when I had a funeral to attend to.

just to clarify, the draft is tonight, sunday, at 7 pm pst.

the majority of the league seems to be on board with this and i think it's the best way to go. then after the draft, i will open up free agency and we'll probably run free agency until about thursday, then start the new season

GCQuinton

carolina-panthers-logo.jpg

BREAKING: The Carolina Panthers have traded FS Sherrod Martin to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for their third round draft pick. The move replaces their original pick in that round, which was lost to the Chicago Bears when they traded for TE Greg Olsen.

i'm just kind of worried because i haven't heard back from everyone and if someone was out last night and today and didn't see it then they get the short end of the stick :/

Ferny

It may be late enough that I can make it. Since the draft console isn't up, will we just announce picks here and then just sign guys later on?

Ferny said:
It may be late enough that I can make it. Since the draft console isn't up, will we just announce picks here and then just sign guys later on?

well the guys will be "signed" to your team automatically. what we will have to go back and do on LM is assign the contract values to them

mik

mik is unbeatable
FrenchMovieTheme said:
just to clarify, the draft is tonight, sunday, at 7 pm pst.

the majority of the league seems to be on board with this and i think it's the best way to go.
You think < 24 hours notice is the best way to go?

so far i have the following responses:

Pats - Sanjuro - dont know
Bills -mik - dont know
Dolphins - drizzler - no
Jets - Ferny73 - yes

AFC West
Raiders - rorschach - dont know
Broncos - Crow - yes
Chiefs - daw840 - yes
Chargers - Nightz - yes

AFC North
Steelers - ramirez - yes
Browns - striker - yes
Bengals - wellington - dont know
Ravens - levious - dont know

AFC South
Colts - Luke - yes
Jags - mastershake - dont know
Texans - Smokey - yes
Titans - pheeniks - yes

NFC East
Cowboys - Somnia - yes
Giants - bigAT - yes
Redskins - livewire - yes
Eagles - coldblooded - yes

NFC West
49ers - FMT - yes
Cardinals - albatross - dont know
Seahawks - Bluemax - yes
Rams - Storybook - dont know

NFC North
Packers - BigAT - yes
Bears - mrbob - yes
Lions - Goldlion - dont know
Vikings - Mcneily - yes

NFC South
Panthers - GCQ - yes
Falcons - DCX - yes
Saints - Birdman - don't know
Bucs - DMczaf - yes

mik said:
You think < 24 hours notice is the best way to go?

nope. but most people requested sunday and there would be a decent amount of people missing the draft whether i did it on wednesday or thursday

Ferny

I think there is a lot of don't knows on that list who might be ticked that they couldn't draft. I could understand 2-3 guys but about 1/3 of the league may not be there.

Either way i'll make tonight.

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm just kind of worried because i haven't heard back from everyone and if someone was out last night and today and didn't see it then they get the short end of the stick :/

It's probably gonna be like that for half the league, honestly. I know it's gonna be an unpopular opinion, but I'd have suggested we held off on the draft until next Sunday. Judging from the previous posts, any day during the week wasn't going to work for a majority of people for various scheduling reasons (east coast/west coast lapse, work, other stuff, etc.) so that would have been the next logical day to give people time to plan for it. Then we could do FA bidding during the week and make sure our salary cap numbers were ready as well.

Don't know why people are such a rush to get to it as opposed to waiting and getting everything right, though, but I'm cool with tonight either way.

BigAT

I've only taken a glance at the QB class, but does anyone else find it curious just how awful their accuracy is on the whole? The highest rating in the entire draft is only 75 THA and the top rated QBs are basically all sub-70.

LiveWire

BigAT said:
I've only taken a glance at the QB class, but does anyone else find it curious just how awful their accuracy is on the whole? The highest rating in the entire draft is only 75 THA and the top rated QBs are basically all sub-70.
Yea I noticed. Which is why the early mocks for the Skins were so laughable.

LukeSmith

BigAT said:

Didn't they write a blog a couple Maddens ago about how the Short, Mid and Deep accuracy ratings were more important now and THA is less important.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
so far i have the following responses:

nope. but most people requested sunday and there would be a decent amount of people missing the draft whether i did it on wednesday or thursday
20+ as of now, more might join by mid day. It would put us around 70-80% Thats about as good as it can get considering. I think maybe one draft we had like 90-100 % which is unheard of.

Can't stress enough people should do a draft board just in case.

Wellie not being able to attend would suck, but it's what it is. I'm sure it will take best available at that point.

Smokey and Striker attending is good. Albatross owns Smokey's second though and if he isn't attending then that will be autopicked :/

Like FMT said, Wed, Thur, Sun..it wouldn't produce 100% attendance. :( Might as well roll with 70-80% which is amazing in short notice.

DCX

well i've been talking to a few people and GCQ is right. i'm going to move the draft to next sunday, 11/20 @ 7 pm pst.

i hate to flip flop but i just can't do it to 1/3rd of the league on this short of notice. i always succumb to the peer pressure of doing things quickly because we want to get our draft picks and start the season but i think it's going to be bad for more than a few people (especially since we are doing it the old fashioned way and some of the guys that wont be here owe picks to other people, which means those guys get hurt too)

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
well i've been talking to a few people and GCQ is right. i'm going to move the draft to next sunday, 11/20 @ 7 pm pst.

i hate to flip flop but i just can't do it to 1/3rd of the league on this short of notice. i always succumb to the peer pressure of doing things quickly because we want to get our draft picks and start the season but i think it's going to be bad for more than a few people (especially since we are doing it the old fashioned way and some of the guys that wont be here owe picks to other people, which means those guys get hurt too)
20 of 32 is not 1/3rd but it's fine i guess. Are we doing free agent bidding in the mean time? Something needs to be going on to fill this looooong week :p

DCX

Somnia

DCX said:
Yea, i mentioned it's to long and would kill the momentum :( We have the majority but the minority wins this round

DCX

I say we wait and see how many people add in that they can make it throughout the day, but I can make it next Sunday so its whatever.

DCX said:
20 of 32 is not 1/3rd but it's fine i guess. Are we doing free agent bidding in the men time? Something needs to be going on to fill this looooong week :p

DCX

it's not only about the people that won't be there, it's about the fact that some of those guys owe picks to other guys who will be there. now they are getting a computer selected guy they may or may not want. i get that this could happen NEXT sunday in some instances as well but at least at that point i have given people ample time to respond and show up

GCQuinton

DCX said:
Yea, i mentioned it's to long and would kill the momentum :( We have the majority but the minority wins this round

DCX

12 people out of 32 not showing up is pretty much a third :/.

And kill the momentum of what, exactly? We'd still be doing FA bidding so it's not like we'd be just waiting around? And who knows, the draft console might actually be up by then. What's the point of people doing trades for picks and it's ultimately left up to the CPU? Would you be as cool with going tonight if Striker and Smokey weren't around to pick for you?

Somnia

GCQuinton said:
12 people out of 32 not showing up is pretty much a third :/.

And kill the momentum of what, exactly? We'd still be doing FA bidding so it's not like we'd be just waiting around? And who knows, the draft console might actually be up by then. What's the point of people doing trades for picks and it's ultimately left up to the CPU? Would you be as cool with going tonight if Striker and Smokey weren't around to pick for you?

Well we only have one true NO and then we have 9 we haven't heard from so that's 10 not 12, I'm sure at least 3-4 of those don't know's will post before 5pm cst today that they can make it. That puts us at 6-7 not able to make it which I guarantee you next Sunday we have 5-8 people who can't make it.

However I agree it might be worth it to wait to see if the draft console is up.

Mrbob

Might not be a bad thing to wait.

We can have free agency done this week before the draft, and it will give everyone a better idea on how to flesh out their roster in the draft.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
Did you check your math?
I read it wrong. I read it 1/3 attending :/ Q, i get what you are saying. I need them both to be there as much as Striker needs me to be there as well. All i'm saying is this time next Sunday we can run into the same issues and have around the same missing for other issues. Like life. It's going to happen.

It's all good. I would love for 32-32 to show up and this would be a mute point :) Next Sunday it is bros! Why so late for free agency? :(

DCX

Thank you FMT, you made my day. Really didn't feel like going through all the account creation bullshit again after that phone call. I just got off the phone with xbox live support. I don't think I've ever cussed out somebody like that before :jnc. Ask them what the status of my account is it's almost been a month. He says the investigation finished but the recovery email was already tied to my account, which he later admitted is something the first four people i talked to a month ago should have caught, so they didn't send it in fear of it being compromised and the investigation is now closed so a new UA Claim needs to be filed. So I go nuts and while doing so realize, "WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU CALL ME?". He says the number I provided isn't a working number. The number is read to me and its my cell I'm talking to him on and was never down. I lost it. He did nothing for me. My account is back under investigation which could take up to about a month is all I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt4JXKUv5MQ&feature=related

LukeSmith

DCX said:
I read it wrong. I read it 1/3 attending :/ Q, i get what you are saying. I need them both to be there as much as Striker needs me to be there as well. All i'm saying is this time next Sunday we can run into the same issues and have around the same missing for other issues. Like life. It's going to happen.

It's all good. I would love for 32-32 to show up and this would be a mute point :) Next Sunday it is bros! Why so late for free agency? :(

DCX

You mean moot.

Top Bottom