• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:
so far i have the following responses:

nope. but most people requested sunday and there would be a decent amount of people missing the draft whether i did it on wednesday or thursday

I know we've already moved to next sunday, but I would've been a yes for tonight.

Mrbob

Funny how Wellie is complaining about dudes wanting a kings ransom for trades, when he wanted my 2nd round pick for a regressing 79 rated OLB. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ok wait. So the draft will take place during the last hour of Giants/Eagles next Sunday?

Have fun guys.

Bob: I've told everyone a second or early third. He's a difference maker against the run and rushing the passer.

Somnia

So bird is a yes and Wellie I assume would be a yes since he cant next Sunday... thats 2 more for today! that puts us down to 8 that cant make it (well 7 that we havent heard from though I am going to assume Rors can make it tonight and that puts us down to 7)...just saying! =)

GCQuinton

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i can via EA's website.

PM me if you need me to add someone and i'll test it out

Is there any reason we couldn't do this manually through the game? Wouldn't the contracts automatically generate?

GCQuinton said:
Is there any reason we couldn't do this manually through the game? Wouldn't the contracts automatically generate?

i tested it out on EA's site and it won't let me add any FA's to anyone elses team. says invalid franchise state

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
Yeah you can't add anyone at all i the offseason.
i tested this all in test league. Week 1 all moves will become official. Or at least the ability to make them so :)

DCX

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
How will contracts work if they're being dumped to FA? Won't they get new contracts?
yes. In some cases ask for less. Free agent bidding will make the contracts go up though lol

When i cut Dunta he asked for 4.5 mill a year when he was making 10 with me. Bidding had him at 13.5 :/

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
yes. In some cases ask for less. Free agent bidding will make the contracts go up though lol

When i cut Dunta he asked for 4.5 mill a year when he was making 10 with me. Bidding had him at 13.5 :/

DCX
No, I meant the players in the FA pool that are actually trades. And we need a list so we don't get our fucking hopes up...

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
No, I meant the players in the FA pool that are actually trades. And we need a list so we don't get our fucking hopes up...
Umm..i don't think so because they are in the list pending trade per LM. I did this in test league with Mario Williams. He was added to my team with his same 15 mill contract year contract.

What we can do is just make a list with the current contracts and fmt can edit it. I'm sure if the trade was made through LM it will work itself out.

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
Umm..i don't think so because they are in the list pending trade per LM. I did this in test league with Mario Williams. He was added to my team with his same 15 mill contract year contract.

What we can do is just make a list with the current contracts and fmt can edit it. I'm sure if the trade was made through LM it will work itself out.

DCX
Oh, so they don't show up in the FA list? That's cool.

McNei1y

Players like Eric Berry and Nick Fairley were acquired through trades yet they're in the free agent list, at least I thought they were acquired through trades from reading earlier comments in this thread.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Oh, so they don't show up in the FA list? That's cool.
No they are in the FA list until week 1 when all transaction become official. :( I don't know if LM will allow them to be bid on though.

The good way to do this is draft. Advance and then free agency for a few days during week 1 before we can officially start games that way no one will bid on players that actually aren't up for bidding :/ Idk how FMT will do this.

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
No they are in the FA list until week 1 when all transaction become official. :( I don't know if LM will allow them to be bid on though.

The good way to do this is draft. Advance and then free agency for a few days during week 1 before we can officially start games that way no one will bid on players that actually aren't up for bidding :/ Idk how FMT will do this.

DCX
No because that means you get cap hits for dropping guys that could be FAs after the draft since people will be dropping guys to make room.

Somnia

McNei1y said:
Players like Eric Berry and Nick Fairley were acquired through trades yet they're in the free agent list, at least I thought they were acquired through trades from reading earlier comments in this thread.

GCQ and I just did a trade through LM and Sherrod is in the FA pool when he is being added to my team. I assume he will be auto added to my team when we advance because you cannot add FA's till after the draft if its like last years madden if I remember right.

Somnia

DCX said:

DCX

Almost the only way to do it due to the limitations of madden.If we don't do the draft tonight we are going to have to wait to do FA till after Sunday next week unless we make a list of FA's we cant bid on prior to when we start. Madden limitations are killing that idea of FA today.

BigAT

Wellington said:
Ok wait. So the draft will take place during the last hour of Giants/Eagles next Sunday?

Have fun guys.

Bob: I've told everyone a second or early third. He's a difference maker against the run and rushing the passer.
Yeah, so that automatically takes out at least FOUR (3 Giants fans and CB) of us for that night, compared to the one person missing tonight.

Somnia

mastershake said:
I'm down for the draft tonight, tomorrow, next week... whenever
That puts us down to 6/7 (if rors is no) for tonight... Like AT said above we already have like 4 no next Sunday. I personally don't care which Sunday just trying to have all options open.

LukeSmith

Somnia said:
That puts us down to 6/7 (if rors is no) for tonight... Like AT said above we already have like 4 no next Sunday. I personally don't care which Sunday just trying to have all options open.

Yeah we should just do it tonight, only missing 6-7 with 4 already on tap to miss next week isn't worth the momentum loss.

I'll sext FMT.

mastershake said:
I'm down for the draft tonight, tomorrow, next week... whenever

I like this guy already

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
When does FA end?!
you can start it at any time and end it maybe Wed.

- let 0 year players loose
- start free agent bidding with list of can't touch players
- start draft
- advance to week 1
- end bidding wed
- start season play wed and follow usual advancement schedule.

DCX

Nightz

FrenchMovieTheme said:
alright, so we're basically down to 4 or 5 guys who haven't answered for tonight.....

i guess we're on for tonight then if that is the case
Final+Answer+Logo.JPG

Rorschach said:
When does FA end?!

ends thursday @ 9 pm pst

YES, DRAFT IS TONIGHT AT 7 PM PST. TONIGHT!

sorry about the confusion and flip flopping bro's, honestly didn't think we'd get enough responses and i didn't want to roll with 20/32. but 27 or 28/32 is a good turnout, especially considering next sunday there will be a few giants fans missing it.

lets do it tonight and live with the consequences!

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ends thursday @ 9 pm pst

YES, DRAFT IS TONIGHT AT 7 PM PST. TONIGHT!

sorry about the confusion and flip flopping bro's, honestly didn't think we'd get enough responses and i didn't want to roll with 20/32. but 27 or 28/32 is a good turnout, especially considering next sunday there will be a few giants fans missing it.

lets do it tonight and live with the consequences!

brofist.jpg

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Why do the analysts have Newcomer below Kaiser?

Newcomer looks more like a weapon at QB than Kaiser.
Because my sources in the Browns organization tell me the Browns value arm strength more than any other attribute.

I would prefer 60 seconds

By the way are we allowed to play after draft tonight or do we have to wait for all week 1 and FA shit to be done?

bluemax

Banned
BigAT said:
I've only taken a glance at the QB class, but does anyone else find it curious just how awful their accuracy is on the whole? The highest rating in the entire draft is only 75 THA and the top rated QBs are basically all sub-70.
There's a lot of wonkiness in the ratings distribution for the draft QBs. As a team needing a QB it does annoy me a lot.

I feel like the QBs in the past were more balanced.

Top Bottom