• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

if it makes a difference, kapernick's accuracy rating in all areas sky rocketed after last season. i imagine a lot of the rookie qb's will be the same next season

i think too many people just look at overalls on guys (this goes beyond qb's) instead of picking speciality players that can do what you need them to do

Striker

bluemax said:
There's a lot of wonkiness in the ratings distribution for the draft QBs. As a team needing a QB it does annoy me a lot.

I feel like the QBs in the past were more balanced.
English, Morrow, Kelly, and the QB you took were mid 80's, weren't they?

Birdman02

In another cost cutting move, the New Orleans Saints have agreed to trade CB Jabari Greer and a 4th round pick to Detroit for their 2nd and 3rd round picks. This will free up about $6.2 mil for the Saints to sign their incoming rookies.

The progression of my younger corners made this move a little easier.

BigAT

mastershake said:
Is the draft done entirely through the xbox? or is this more stuff that has to be managed with leaguemanager?
You can do it through EA's website as well, but I'd highly recommend you do it through the 360.

Rorschach

Seymour can be had a for a first rounder if anyone cares!

Code:
Year	Name	Position	Team	Tackles	Sacks	FF	INTs   TDs
2011	Richard Seymour	DT	Raiders	20	8	2	0       1

He even made Tommy Kelly better!

Code:
Year	Name	Position	Team	Tackles	Sacks	FF	INTs
2011	Tommy Kelly	DT	Raiders	18	4	2	0

bluemax

Banned
mastershake said:
Is the draft done entirely through the xbox? or is this more stuff that has to be managed with leaguemanager?

The safest way to do it is through the XBox.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
if it makes a difference, kapernick's accuracy rating in all areas sky rocketed after last season. i imagine a lot of the rookie qb's will be the same next season

i think too many people just look at overalls on guys (this goes beyond qb's) instead of picking speciality players that can do what you need them to do

Right but there are specific attributes that never go up, like speed or throwing power.

mastershake said:

nothing is done through league manager. it is done through the xbox or on EA's site.

it SHOULD have been done through league manager but their draft console isn't up :(

Rorschach

Can't wait to use new, upgraded Houston...

Code:
Year	Name	Position	Team	Tackles	Sacks	FF	INTs
2011	Lamarr Houston	LE	Raiders	18	9	0	0
Unfff!

Detroit-Lions-Logo.gif

Rumblings of the Lions looking to add a top corner to their roster seems to have been true. It was reported the team was in negotiations with the Super Chargers for Quentin Jammer, but lost out to a superior offer from the Texans. Hope seemed lost, but a shining Bird of sorts had the remedy.

The Lions and the Saints have agreed on a trade where the Lions will receive CB Jabari Greer and a 4th round pick while the Saints will acquire the Lions 2nd round and 3rd round pick.

When asked about the trade, Lions Coach Gold was heard slurring the words, "The future? Fuck the future. Time is nao!! Pass the fucking Tequila Ndamakung." In what was clearly a depressive drinking session after the humble loss of Nick Fairley to the Panthers.

BigAT

When we talk about cap penalties starting week 1, do you mean IMMEDIATELY after the draft is done or when free agency is over and we actually have moved out of the offseason?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nothing is done through league manager. it is done through the xbox or on EA's site.

it SHOULD have been done through league manager but their draft console isn't up :(

So, trying to resign my players on leaguemanager is a bad idea then? lol

i've decided to resign no one

Rorschach

BigAT said:
When we talk about cap penalties starting week 1, do you mean IMMEDIATELY after the draft is done or when free agency is over and we actually have moved out of the offseason?
I think it's when you advance the league to week 1. Which means FMT shouldn't advance after the draft ends.

mastershake said:
So, trying to resign my players on leaguemanager is a bad idea then? lol

i've decided to resign no one
No, you do that through LM. Madden doesn't have contracts. You do everything through LM. Everything except draft.

BigAT said:

no, i mean once the week 1 games are ready to play, anything after that will be a penalty

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ends thursday @ 9 pm pst

YES, DRAFT IS TONIGHT AT 7 PM PST. TONIGHT!

sorry about the confusion and flip flopping bro's, honestly didn't think we'd get enough responses and i didn't want to roll with 20/32. but 27 or 28/32 is a good turnout, especially considering next sunday there will be a few giants fans missing it.

lets do it tonight and live with the consequences!

The Dolphins owner will not be here and he is supposed to pick for me...?

Striker

DCX said:
Have him set a draft board. hope for the best.

DCX
I remember doing that once in Madden 10 and I had a top five pick, believe #3 OVR. I put my board up before I left to work, and come home and find they drafted two OL in my first two picks.

Maybe it's changed, or at least hopefully.

Somnia

Smokey said:
The Dolphins owner will not be here and he is supposed to pick for me...?

See if he is willing to let you login with his account on ea website so when that pick gets there you can make the selection and then log out. Just an option.

BigAT

Does anyone know if there is anything built into the LM salary formula that account for the lower rookie deals with the new CBA? Or does it just treat them as though they were any other free agent?

Also, for anyone interested in CB help. Aaron Ross, 2 years at $2.4M/YR is available for a 3rd rounder.

Rorschach said:
So unfair that you assholes got to re-do contracts last season and have them replace old contracts for contract players.

When the fuck did this happen? I never had that option on League Manager. Because Stafford sure as hell wouldn't be making $14 Mill if that was the case

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
anyone could re-do 1 contract last season ;)

and i'm mulling your offer over now rors
No, I mean, if you re-signed a player, it would replace the player's contract. Like let's say you had a guy making 10 mil. You re-sign him for 1 mil per year, it would replace the whole contract and now he'd be getting 1 mil a year. It's no longer that way.

Rorschach said:
No, I mean, if you re-signed a player, it would replace the player's contract. Like let's say you had a guy making 10 mil. You re-sign him for 1 mil per year, it would replace the whole contract and now he'd be getting 1 mil a year. It's no longer that way.

oh, i didn't know that :/

would've re-signed pwill to a 20 year contract!

Mrbob

Rorschach said:

Unless you were my team and every single player wanted a lot more money. D:

Mrbob

If anything the resigning glitch screwed up my ability to redo a contract for more money up front. I didn't realize I was taking a cap hit right away until after I did a couple contract extensions.

BigAT

Rorschach said:
So unfair that you assholes got to re-do contracts last season and have them replace old contracts for contract players.
Yup. It did absolutely nothing for me last year and I was counting on it this year with a couple of players, only to have it stripped away.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ph33nix said:
lol, chris hope got cut by me, and if I end up taking a SS in the draft, the top SS Tercel Kiner's picture is of Chris hope.
lmfao I was wondering when we'd see a repeat pic of a guy.

BTW I will buy a game to whoever wants to trade me a first. Let's get it done!

McNei1y

Wellington said:

Modern Warfare 3 on 360 for my First Round Pick. Lets get it done.
:lol

Wellington said:

I'll give you my first for UMvC3... you even get to save some money over those selfish mofos in this thread that want a free $60 game!

McNei1y

hmmmm how can I trust any of you. I need each of you to write a three page paper on why I should select you and how I know that you are trust worthy. You are required to cite two to three sources that back your claim so I know that I won't be receiving the inferior ODST, which still had a fantastic soundtrack I might add. It is a simple assignment in order to obtain my first round pick in exchange for a measly 60$ video game.

Top Bottom