• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Mrbob

Nightz, maybe? I should be free, but I don't know if I want to play right away. I need to test out my new team first, when I have it fully together after FA. I blew up my team more than normal this off season so I have a lot of new parts I have to see how they work. Don't want to go into a regular season game blind.

Rorschach said:
I just realized... some of you guys got to get your guys cheaper... because of FA contracts. I could have traded seymour to someone and they would have had him at 6 mil per year or less.. YOU SUCKERS! You foolish fools!

Trade him to me!

Ramirez

goldlion054 said:
You poor thing. I can only hope Ben makes it at least 3 games

I'm honestly not seeing what is so bad about him, he has high marks in all of the blocking categories, with a mid 70s in impact blocking, is that the most important stat for OL in Madden? His footwork is a little low in RB as well, but his PB is great, which is where I need help.

Jesus christ, this shit moved too fast for me this off-season. YE OLDE ALBATROSS AINT AS QUICK AS YOU YOUNG SPARROWS

I think that houston has my 2nd round pick still, but I have no clue what his name is or who he is or what is going on.

Ramirez said:
I'm honestly not seeing what is so bad about him, he has high marks in all of the blocking categories, with a mid 70s in impact blocking, is that the most important stat for OL in Madden? His footwork is a little low in RB as well, but his PB is great, which is where I need help.

Bad real life experience with him. Don't let those stats fool you, i had to start running the ball more because i got pressure coming in so fast from the left!

And I don't have the moneys to compete with some of you guys in the FA bidding =( Some of my bids are being overridden hard

Nightz

Mrbob said:
Nightz, maybe? I should be free, but I don't know if I want to play right away. I need to test out my new team first, when I have it fully together after FA. I blew up my team more than normal this off season so I have a lot of new parts I have to see how they work. Don't want to go into a regular season game blind.
We can do a test game if you want.

The Albatross said:
Jesus christ, this shit moved too fast for me this off-season. YE OLDE ALBATROSS AINT AS QUICK AS YOU YOUNG SPARROWS

I think that houston has my 2nd round pick still, but I have no clue what his name is or who he is or what is going on.

You and me dance first this season. Two old guys battling for second place.

By the way, the Carl Nicks sweepstakes is going to come down to whoever will pay him more...for a one year rental. Apparently a 12 million 1 year deal is better than 11 million for 5 years.

Which means he'll be a FA every year!

BigAT

ph33nix said:
By the way, the Carl Nicks sweepstakes is going to come down to whoever will pay him more...for a one year rental. Apparently a 12 million 1 year deal is better than 11 million for 5 years.

Which means he'll be a FA every year!
Yeah, that definitely seems like a failure in the FA logic. No one would EVER take the one-year deal over the five-year one.

BigAT said:
Yeah, that definitely seems like a failure in the FA logic. No one would EVER take the one-year deal over the five-year one.

This is hard to enforce but for a premiere free agent like Carl Nicks I wish we could say you must offer him a multi-year deal. Otherwise I guess our league will have to have its own way of managing!

Mrbob

I think the bigger flaw is that multi year deals aren't for much less. Why give Knicks 11.5 million for 3 years when you can just give him 12 for one?

Here is the current bid up on Nicks:

Select an offer:
$12,981,535 ($500,000 Bonus) x 1 year
$12,865,628 ($500,000 Bonus) x 3 years
$12,749,722 ($500,000 Bonus) x 5 years

Oh wow a 200K savings a year for 5 seasons! There are times to do multi year deals, and times to take a 1 year flyer on a player.

Mrbob

Why do you think I cut him! He wanted 6.6 million this year, and 11.8 next year.

I guess the 6.6 was justified, though!

DCX

DCX
Mrbob said:
Why do you think I cut him! He wanted 6.6 million this year, and 11.8 next year.

I guess the 6.6 was justified, though!
He would open up the middle for Hernandez..but that's a lot of money :(

DCX

eznark

Banned
Anyone see the WSJ article on the NBA lockout today? What the fuck @ Baron Davis? Guy is making hipster documentaries on men's fashion now?!? And he looks like Cornel West all of a sudden?

bluemax

Banned
eznark said:
Anyone see the WSJ article on the NBA lockout today? What the fuck @ Baron Davis? Guy is making hipster documentaries on men's fashion now?!? And he looks like Cornel West all of a sudden?

Dat ucla education.

Also I instantly cringe any time someone on GAF posts the word hipster and automatically assume they use it improperly. Its like how 5 years ago every used emo/scene improperly.

eznark

Banned
bluemax said:
Dat ucla education.

Also I instantly cringe any time someone on GAF posts the word hipster and automatically assume they use it improperly. Its like how 5 years ago every used emo/scene improperly.

If you care that people are incorrectly using the word hipster there is like 99.999% chance I do not give a whit about your opinion.

Exhibit A. He is making a documentary lamenting the lack of fashion forward-ness in the American male.

Exhibit B.

AeTyA5RCMAEZKf_.jpg:large

LukeSmith

McNei1y said:
(ab)use of tightends... excellent.

DqRYi.jpg

The way I see it... We've only just begun.

2012-2013 is the season for Shiancoe and Rudolph.

Copycat league confirmed

2500 yards 23 TDs for Tamme and Clark last year

bluemax

Banned
levious said:
I'd be content not knowing how to use emo/scene properly.

Shrug. I'm just too punk rock for you old timers.

My larger point though was that people just misappropriate labels/terms for things they don't like/understand.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Real talk, what's the point of this LM crap?

We have this salary cap, right, but:

1) No cap penalties over the last season until now - which let's the random cuts and dumb trades continue when the point was to stop them.

2) We had FA issues in Madden 10 when asking guys to cut 80+ OVR players because all they'd do is get rid of guys on the decline or on the wrong side of 30, but with no cap penalty it's easy to sign whoever you want because all you have to do is remove the older over payed players.

3) There is no real "guaranteed money" so even if there were cap penalties they'd just be on $250k signing bonuses given per LM.

4) The contracts for rookies are dumb as were pointed out earlier in this thread.

5) As mentioned above, longevity of deals are a non-issue.

Whatever, it's the system we have, but it stinks. What's the point of managing my cap when everyone can just cut their guys with no problem? With my $40 million what's to stop me from signing the top guys then cutting them in the off-season? Hell why even do that when I can just sign everyone to a one year deal...

Mrbob

Your money is tied up in bids, though. So while in theory wellie you could do what you say, you might not be able to get all the guys you want and have only a couple players and 20 million+ in cap space still available unused.

You have 40 million free. I have about 20 million free.

However, I have 47 players signed. You only have 43. What is to stop me from sinking all my available cap space into one player, hindering your ability to get multiple deals in FA.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Mrbob said:
Your money is tied up in bids, though. So while in theory wellie you could do what you say, you might not be able to get all the guys you want and have only a couple players and 20 million+ in cap space still available unused.

You have 40 million free. I have about 20 million free.

However, I have 47 players signed. You only have 43. What is to stop me from sinking all my available cap space into one player, hindering your ability to get multiple deals in FA.

then he could just sign from the leftovers after the bidding is done

Damnit, can some1 kick TheJetWho from the league one last time? I think I can fix my lm problems with this account im now using, thejetwho is just set up all messed up. His emails are tied to other accounts and shit. Feel like I've said that one before.

the league is named neogaffe right?

It's fucking Groundhogs Day I swear.

Mrbob

levious said:
then he could just sign from the leftovers after the bidding is done

Sure, but it doesn't guarantee he will get all the top players. Those players might be gone by then. Plenty of people with 10 million plus in cap space availability right now.

I have to go get ready for work. I'm not gonna be here for the close of FA. I can't sign people or drop them due to issues. I posted this earlier but for w/e reason these 2 were left unsigned by DCX. The rookies Trevor Lewandowski and Davasia Wright are mine. I am signing them. Leave them alone if they get dropped into the pool please.

Smokey I've had a trade proposed to give you the LT for nothing for a couple days. Accept it or he's gonna end up a FA tonight.

DCX

DCX
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
I have to go get ready for work. I'm not gonna be here for the close of FA. I can't sign people or drop them due to issues. I posted this earlier but for w/e reason these 2 were left unsigned by DCX. The rookies Trevor Lewandowski and Davasia Wright are mine. I am signing them. Leave them alone if they get dropped into the pool please.

Smokey I've had a trade proposed to give you the LT for nothing for a couple days. Accept it or he's gonna end up a FA tonight.
I was working on it and handed it over to fmt to finish..if he doesn't do it, ill finish it tonight.

DCX

Smokey

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:

The hell? don't threaten me with my LT that was drafted because you were gone.

:(

I'll get him later today

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Bob: You're missing the forest for the trees. I'm saying that the system is broken, forget about what I said about signing all the guys.

Ugh I fucking hate EA for removing my low end guys to add rooks when I already had the room on my roster!

Mrbob

I'm not missing anything at all, nor did I comment about anything else. I didn't disagree with you I just commented about your ability to sign all the top end guys.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Bob: You're missing the forest for the trees. I'm saying that the system is broken, forget about what I said about signing all the guys.

Ugh I fucking hate EA for removing my low end guys to add rooks when I already had the room on my roster!
I hate EA for not giving us a proper online franchise and we even have to use LM. I am grateful for it becuwee at least in its limited state it does provide an injection of freshness to our league.

DCX

Mrbob

I do agree these rookie contracts are the most game breaking aspect of league manager, though. My 84 rated TE is locked in 5 years at 3.3 million a year. Progression will make him a true beast in a year or two, and I'm paying peanuts by comparison for his services. This last draft had a lot of 75 rated and up A pot to B pot players, whose services will far outstrip the money they are being paid.

At the very least free agency has somewhat of a market that will bear itself out. You can collect great players on the cheap with these rookie contracts. Although I guess it is what it is. At least the contracts keep teams a bit more honest in dumping players and going for others.

Top Bottom