• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

you guys make a good point about the advance time.

alright then, i will close bidding sometime tomorrow afternoon.... sometime after 3:30 pm when i get home!

and before you say "hey! that's not fair YOU can just throw a bid in for yourself on whoever you want!" i have no FA targets! everyone i bid on has been outbid and i can't afford it :( got to roll with what i have and maybe pick up a couple scraps after the bidding period is done

bluemax

Banned
I hate whoever bid on Malcolm Smith. He was one of my players that I only realized today had been cut by the CPU! I'm just trying to get him back!

bluemax said:
I hate whoever bid on Malcolm Smith. He was one of my players that I only realized today had been cut by the CPU! I'm just trying to get him back!

you can do a search on LM for any player. do it and find out who stole your man!

good marvel games btw gold. nemesis is beastly! i'm trying to get the hang of ghost rider because he seems like a great zoner. also loving doctor strange!

anyone else get UMVC3 on 360? i know livewire had to!

Somnia

LiveWire said:
Somnia I can play tomorrow night at 11 Eastern, otherwise I don't know when I'm going to be free during Thursday-Sunday.

I get off work at 930pm cst and will be home around 1015-1030cst. Can you do 1115-1130 est?

Rorschach

Fuck MVC is out? I haven't even gotten past level 2 in skyrim and DS is untouched. ...and I haven't finished Deus Ex.

Guess I'll buy MvC/stick and wait to get my new capture card. :(

Rorschach said:
Fuck MVC is out? I haven't even gotten past level 2 in skyrim and DS is untouched. ...and I haven't finished Deus Ex.

Guess I'll buy MvC/stick and wait to get my new capture card. :(

yeah my backlog is getting pretty out of hand :(

McNei1y

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah my backlog is getting pretty out of hand :(

Come at me bro! I still need to finish GOW3, my real playthrough of ME2, BF3 single player...

well I guess its not really a lot but school is such a bitch. I don't want to put 30 minutes into a single player game. I want to be able to play it for like 2-3 hours.

bluemax

Banned
If the 6ish hours of Zelda I've played are indicative of the whole game I'd say it's not 7.5 bad but it's not 9.0 good either.

Motion control is kind of iffy. The whole experience feels so dated and last gen. I'll finish it but mostly because it's so linear and won't take 100 hours.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys, before the season starts, please make sure to go through your roster and make sure that everyone has a contract. if they don't, you need to sign them to a contract immediately. don't make me have to do this for you!
I keep trying to drop Mike McGlynn but that fucker does not want to leave!

BigAT

Mrbob said:
Saving my money for Skyward Sword after Gamespot gave it a 7.5. Link can't compete with Skyrim!
A flurry of glowing reviews and then a single negative one and you focus solely on that single one? I don't get that line of thinking.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nicks is gonna get paid and rightfully so. Definitely the best pulling guard in the game. He's at way more than I'd pay for any OL but I can see why he's so desired.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
good marvel games btw gold. nemesis is beastly! i'm trying to get the hang of ghost rider because he seems like a great zoner. also loving doctor strange!

Not yet. Kicking myself for not having traded in MVC3 before the UMVC3 announcement and the incredible devaluation of the game. When I get back to Seattle next week I'll pick it up. Looking forward to delivering some beatdowns on you with my new giant team of Sentinel, Nemesis and Ghost Rider over the holiday weekend. :)

Wellington said:
Nicks is gonna get paid and rightfully so. Definitely the best pulling guard in the game. He's at way more than I'd pay for any OL but I can see why he's so desired.

I placed several bids for him before he became out of my reach. My oh my if I had Michael Roos and Carl Nicks on my left side.

Mrbob

That was IGN!

Of course there was reason I singled out the Gamespot review. Trolling DM an CB!

But by all accounts sounds like the game design didn't deviate at all from the past. Still the exact same structure, now with motion controls. Nostalgia is a bitch to break.

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
That was IGN!

Of course there was reason I singled out the Gamespot review. Trolling DM an CB!

But by all accounts sounds like the game design didn't deviate at all from the past. Still the exact same structure, now with motion controls. Nostalgia is a bitch to break.

Hotspot guys called GTA IV "the greatest entertainment experience of their lives" and after they played it "I woke up the next morning with a completely changed perspective of the world."

The podcast after that game released is the most pathetic and hilarious thing I have ever heard.

Didn't deviate my ass. There is no boomerang!!!

Mrbob

Games journalism, folks.

I love the guy dancing with the skyrim box gif too. I don't know why suckers put all their faith in these paid fanboys.

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
Games journalism, folks.

I love the guy dancing with the skyrim box gif too. I don't know why suckers put all their faith in these paid fanboys.

I don't know, I can see games being that transformative. For instance, after our game when you decided to run backwards and Roger Dorn it like a cunty bitch my soul grew even darker and the hatred burned hotter.

Mrbob

So we know free agency is going to end after 3:30 pacific, but can we at least get a time range? I don't want to sit at my computer for hours tonight waiting for it to end.

Around 3:30 to 4 pacific?

By the by, I got screwed because of "closing" last time in free agency, even though I had the player locked up for two days and was constantly refreshing. The only way I'm giving up a player today I've had as my target from the beginning of FA is being out bid.

LiveWire

Arnold-Stop-Whining-sizdow.jpg

Mrbob

But I got screwed. :(

This might be our last Madden on 360, as rumors are starting to heat up about the Nextbox having a Fall 2012 release.

Real next gen Madden can't be as bad as Madden 06, right? Maybe EA needs all the extra power to finally implement a real online franchise!

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Yea, it was some great sets. Trying to learn the Captain and learn how to play on a stick is daunting, but I'm making progress.And Rocket Raccoon is so weird to use. I kind of like Storm in this game too! And we all know Doctor Strange is the OG

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
Nah it's fine. Im not gonna make a fuss over him. I was more surprised than anything.
Ok. I let him know when he made a visit to Flowery Branch, that he was going to be a leader on this football team.

DCX

Mrbob said:
So we know free agency is going to end after 3:30 pacific, but can we at least get a time range? I don't want to sit at my computer for hours tonight waiting for it to end.

Around 3:30 to 4 pacific?

By the by, I got screwed because of "closing" last time in free agency, even though I had the player locked up for two days and was constantly refreshing. The only way I'm giving up a player today I've had as my target from the beginning of FA is being out bid.

Between 3:30 and 6

Nightz

There's no way they don't do a Madden 13 for the 360, even if a new console is released. They still have a Madden 12 for the PS2!

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Between 3:30 and 6

So plenty of time for you to get your own bids in before shutting it down. :p You have plenty of money, nearly 14 million to spare.

Two and a half hour window seems a bit excessive.

daw840

Nightz said:
There's no way they don't do a Madden 13 for the 360, even if a new console is released. They still have a Madden 12 for the PS2!

Plus, if it's a fall release for the nextbox it probably will be released in November before Xmas.

I can't fucking drop players. This is fucking stupid. LM hates me. New account gtag, new ea online account, new emails for these accounts. WTF. I can sign my rookies now, so its just that LM glitch that keeps happening with me. I'm gonna drop them in game so I can free up space for FA bidding. This would work right?

Nightz

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
I can't fucking drop players. This is fucking stupid. LM hates me. New account gtag, new ea online account, new emails for these accounts. WTF. I can sign my rookies now, so its just that LM glitch that keeps happening with me. I'm gonna drop them in game so I can free up space for FA bidding. This would work right?
Which players are you trying to drop? Madden requires a minimum of 1 player at most positions, and for some positions the minimum is 2.

Mrbob said:
So plenty of time for you to get your own bids in before shutting it down. :p You have plenty of money, nearly 14 million to spare.

Two and a half hour window seems a bit excessive.

I have no top bids in and the guys i want are too expensive. Ill pick peeps up from the left overs!

Nightz said:
Which players are you trying to drop? Madden requires a minimum of 1 player at most positions, and for some positions the minimum is 2.
1 of my 4 HBs, 1 one of my 5 CBs, and 1 of my 6 WRs.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
I have no top bids in and the guys i want are too expensive. Ill pick peeps up from the left overs!
Dropping em in game will remove em from LM?

Top Bottom