• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bidding is over and whoever won the guys the players have been assigned to your team.

i'm reopening free agency now.

ANY REMAINING PLAYERS ON THE BOARD YOU CAN SIGN. NO BIDS ARE NEEDED, YOU JUST SIGN THEM.

BigAT

bluemax said:
The Giants currently only have 1 QB on the roster:

Felix Mendoza

10879.png

He looks like quite the spring chicken!

He's 5'6" 160lbs of pure grit.
I won't hear any shit talk about King Felix. He's pretty spry for a 39 year old.

The Giants would like to take this opportunity to introduce their NEW starting quarterback for the 2012 season.

Brothers+Sisters+Host+29th+Annual+Sidewalls+6wpR1ahhx-ql.jpg

Looking suave.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I'll play tonight smoke, let me just make some dinner, how long you available?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just so we are clear about how silly this no cap penalty thing is (and I'll shout myself out because I was the one that told AT to just try it) all he did was cut Eli and resign him. Cap hit for this year was previously $15 mil a year escalating to $21 mil after a few more, now it's just $12 mil for this year and resign him for whatever market value it is when we get to the 0 year mark.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
You got Schaub and one of the best rookie QBs, I'm pretty sure this league is already over.
Schaub doesn't have Eli's deep acc or arm strength. Hopefully, my rook makes it next season!

Wellington said:
Just so we are clear about how silly this no cap penalty thing is (and I'll shout myself out because I was the one that told AT to just try it) all he did was cut Eli and resign him. Cap hit for this year was previously $15 mil a year escalating to $21 mil after a few more, now it's just $12 mil for this year and resign him for whatever market value it is when we get to the 0 year mark.
Guess he took a gamble, but he was minutes away from losing Eli. I just didn't drop my guy fast enough.

levious

damn, I should have tried that with Flacco

Smokey said:
for majority of night. if something comes up for some reason ill let you know.

wanna set a time, say 8-8:30 est?

LiveWire

What the fuck!?!?! I check LM before entering the Lincoln Tunnel, then after I get out and check again, bidding is done and Schaub isn't mine? #dissomebullshit

LukeSmith

Wellington said:

I'm going to be using the Eli Manning Contract to propose our cap penalty system. And how contracts get divvied up in trades, too.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:

ok we get it. shit. the cap penalties will be enforced this coming season. Its season 1 of a side web implemented system. Things were always gonna be bumpy.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:

I essentially did the same thing with LeRoy Hill. I cut him and re-signed him and he's making probably 1/3 of what he did before.

levious

what sort of cap hit does a real team take when they renegotiate(lower) an existing contract?

Smokey

Texan FA signings:

-WR Lee Evans
-FS Darren Sharper
-RG Brian Waters

Texans finally have a legit #2 WR to pair up with AJ. Lee joins AJ, Tony G, Owen Daniels, Foster, Tate, Ward and LEINART ERA on the offensive side of the ball.

Leinart has all the weapons in the world around him. Make it happen son.

bluemax

Banned
Seahawks signed:

RT Flozell Adams
LT Davyon Harvey
LE Calais Campbell
ROLB LeRoy Hill
ROLB Mathias Kiwanuka
SS Torian Nesby
K Olindo Mare

I wanted Matt Birk, got out bid and then bid on Flozell and couldn't afford to rebid on Birk.

LukeSmith

levious said:
what sort of cap hit does a real team take when they renegotiate(lower) an existing contract?

Usually they just move the money around in the deal and avoid the hit. Bump the guarantee up, or have the player resign a deal that let's it be a performance incentive. Like Peyton's deal this year had a "roster" bonus of something like $10M where as long as he made the day one roster, he got that chunk of guaranteed money.

BigAT

bluemax said:
Seahawks signed:

RT Flozell Adams
LT Davyon Harvey
LE Calais Campbell
ROLB LeRoy Hill
ROLB Mathias Kiwanuka
SS Torian Nesby
K Olindo Mare

I wanted Matt Birk, got out bid and then bid on Flozell and couldn't afford to rebid on Birk.
Want to play tonight?

Also, who ended up with Rolle? I think he ended up with as much as if not more than the outrageous deal that made me cut him.

Striker

Dang, well I got Mike Adams back at FS to help the depth, and in case one goes down again. Also signed Rocky Bernard at DT to help some rotational depth, and signed Jarvis Moss at DE to help depth and rotate in with Sheard.

No key signings, but just depth. Only $1.8M in CAP right now, but there's a handful who have one year left and will be gone from those ridiculous contracts so I can free up some money.

AT, Rolle signed with Dolphins.

TheCrow

BigAT said:
Want to play tonight?

Also, who ended up with Rolle? I think he ended up with as much as if not more than the outrageous deal that made me cut him.
Drizzler got him, I thought it would be him. Rolle actually got paid more than Dunta.

LukeSmith

Continuing their focus on the interior line and defense, the Indianapolis Colts signed veteran guards Deuce Lutui and Leonard Davis and brought back journeyman, drug addict and general problem child Ed Johnson on the defensive line. Ever looking for depth at Linebacker, the Colts brought aging veteran Gary Brackett back as well as long term project Bruce Carter who nabbed a 3 year deal. Wide receiver Domenik Hixon was brought in to act as the team's return man.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
Schaub doesn't have Eli's deep acc or arm strength. Hopefully, my rook makes it next season!

Guess he took a gamble, but he was minutes away from losing Eli. I just didn't drop my guy fast enough.

You can't eeyore us anymore!

levious

damn, I wanted bruce carter, he's ready to go now luke...

I can play in about 30 smokey.

bluemax

Banned
Aww man the last 4 weeks of my schedule are brutal:

FMT
Ramirez
CB
Wellie

So much for the playoffs!

My schedule is 8 games against teams that finished in the top 10 of the draft standings. 7 games against teams that made the playoffs and 1 game against the Falcons.

So I either play a top team or a bottom team every week. That's kind of brutal.

Mrbob

Bears brought in Nicks as the great Seymour equalizer this season. Too bad I have to wait till near the end of the season to test this match up out.

In the span of one off season the Chicago Bears have completely revamped the oline for forte and got an all world tight end as well.

Nightz

Mrbob said:
Bears brought in Nicks as the great Seymour equalizer this season. Too bad I have to wait till near the end of the season to test this match up out.

In the span of one off season the Chicago Bears have completely revamped the oline for forte and got an all world tight end as well.
Wanna play tonight?

mik

mik is unbeatable
Rorschach said:
Mik: when can you play?

Not saying Schaub isn't a gigantic step up from what I had. Just sayin' he's no eli!
I thought I'd be able to tonight, but I'm still stuck at work. So if I play tonight, it would have to be quite late.

Rorschach

mik said:
I thought I'd be able to tonight, but I'm still stuck at work. So if I play tonight, it would have to be quite late.
I'm Best Coast, so just let me know when you get home if you still want to play.

Top Bottom