• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
ZkIhj.png
W...TF....

Ramirez said:
Week 1 is producing some laughs on the stat lines.

You haven't even played yet either!

GCQuinton

GG eznark.

Panthers off to a solid start. Brandon Hogan was mad at me for leaving him on the bench last season, so he shuts me up by returning our opening kickoff possession for a TD. Cam and the offense did great in the rain (again for our GB game), and the "new and improved" defensive line (hereby dubbed The Fantastic Four) had pressure on Rodgers all game, with Nick Fairley getting his first sack as a Panther.

Liking this group a lot, and looking forward to see how the season pans out.

LiveWire

The Washington Redskins announced the following free agent signings this evening prior to their Week 1 game against the Dallas Cowboys:

WR Jerricho Cotchery 1 yr/$3.1 mil w/ $250k signing bonus
MLB Stephen Cooper 1 yr/$1.4 mil w/ $250k signing bonus
CB Leigh Bodden 1 yr/$2.1 mil w/ $250k signing bonus

Redskins Owner, President of Football Operations and Head Coach LiveWire also made the following statement:

"The rumors that we were looking at Matt Schaub are true, however, it was merely a part of our due diligence evaluating league personnel among all positions. We have full confidence in our starting quarterback. Pete has earned his spot as the starter and we look forward to him leading our team this week against Dallas."

GG Mcneily

Those 2 fumbles on the kick returns that turned into TDs were just too much for me to overcome. And Jabari Greer is out with broken ribs in the first fucking game. My defense fell apart after that. Oh well, 15-1 is ok

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
goldlion054 said:
GG Mcneily

Those 2 fumbles on the kick returns that turned into TDs were just too much for me to overcome. And Jabari Greer is out with broken ribs in the first fucking game. My defense fell apart after that. Oh well, 15-1 is ok

15-1 odds for having the #1 overall pick IS pretty good

Birdman02

goldlion054 said:
GG Mcneily

Haha...that little bitch got hurt in 4-5 different games last year, but I think the most he missed was 3 straight weeks.

CB3

goldlion054 said:
I'm so happy I get to play you this season. I have never lost and never will lose to you

I beat Rors in the preseason. Just goes to show what those games really mean.

McNei1y

goldlion054 said:
GG Mcneily

Yeah. I don't understand that crap. My back up safety caused both of them. Pretty unreal stuff. I just changed my defense to multiple D so its going to take some time to get used to it. I blew so many coverages and tackles it wasn't even cool. Not being able to utilize AP like I want to sucks. My line is so weak.

GG though gold.

edit: I also realized the offensive playbook I've been using since the first game of last season has three more formations underneath singleback that I didn't know. They look pretty good too.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
I was tempted by Cotchery.

I was seriously considering cutting Ward and picking Cotchery back up, he was really good for me last season, I just couldn't afford him. I'm hoping Sanders/Brown get some nice ratings bumps after this season.

Mrbob

What a crazy way to open the season Nightz. That game was insane. Here I thought it was over when Cutler fumbled the ball at my own 20 and you recovered up 35 to 28 with about 3 and a half minutes left. My defense was getting crushed all game, and then you got greedy on 3rd and goal trying to pass for a TD and I picked it off. Run it, kick the fg and the game is over. D:

Then I drive down field and score a TD with 18 seconds left to make the game 35 to 34. I decided at that point to go for broke and win or lose the game on a two point conversion. Since Rivers had destroyed me all game I was going to lose when you got the coin toss in OT. Forte mans up for a run and I get the two point conversion for a thrilling opening season win.

I'm going to have a heart attack before this season is over if all games go like this one.

1 down, 3 to go in the AFC West!

Nightz

Mrbob said:
What a crazy way to open the season Nightz. That game was insane. Here I thought it was over when Cutler fumbled the ball at my own 20 and you recovered up 35 to 28 with about 3 and a half minutes left. My defense was getting crushed all game, and then you got greedy on 3rd and goal trying to pass for a TD and I picked it off. Run it, kick the fg and the game is over. D:

Then I drive down field and score a TD with 18 seconds left to make the game 35 to 34. I decided at that point to go for broke and win or lose the game on a two point conversion. Since Rivers had destroyed me all game I was going to lose when you got the coin toss in OT. Forte mans up for a run and I get the two point conversion for a thrilling opening season win.

I'm going to have a heart attack before this season is over if all games go like this one.

1 down, 3 to go in the AFC West!
Yeah that was all on me. Stupid decision to throw on that third down. Good game though.

That 14 point swing at the end of the first half sucked. I was calling for a fair catch on the muffed punt that you returned for a TD, but it didn't register. Got frustrated and hit the wrong button on my next possession for a pick, which you turned into another TD.

Gotta clean up those errors.

CB3 said:
So why'd you sign Rolle?
Remember everything you said about Dawkins? Only thing I overlooked was retirement. He finished second on my team in tackles and wasn't even playing for me the first few weeks.

I love that Henne's Madden12 seven INT record has been shattered by Tom Brady. :jnc.

TheCrow

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
I love good safetys. Can you guys tell?

Second season straight where Crow is responsible for how much I paid(or traded) for my new stud safety.
Hey I bowed out once it got over 7 million. Someone else pushed his contract up to 8.5.

CB3

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Remember everything you said about Dawkins? Only thing I overlooked was retirement. He finished second on my team in tackles and wasn't even playing for me the first few weeks.

I love that Henne's Madden12 seven INT record has been shattered by Tom Brady. :jnc.

The problem there is you signed him on the wrong side of 30. And he is already slow. Expect the great decline very soon.

Have fun with that cap hit

CB3 said:
The problem there is you signed him on the wrong side of 30. And he is already slow. Expect the great decline very soon.

Have fun with that cap hit
A big name is prolly hitting FA next offseason. My D is loads worse when I don't have a proper safety, I know what I'm getting myself into..

Somnia

Good win by you Live, but sometimes I really fucking hate this game lol

Game lags on me while Witten is open, when it comes back its a pick, small tip by your lineman and your guy ints it with an inch from the ground, one handed fucking 10 foot jump by your LB to get an INT.... it felt like Madden was willing me to lose that game

daw is on top of the AFC atm. And although the Philadelphia Eagle's Nate Allen had 4 INTs with a tackle in the 59-10 win over New England, the Patriots Brandon Spikes is currently our player of the week with 2 sacks and 7 tackles.

LiveWire

Somnia said:
Good win by you Live, but sometimes I really fucking hate this game lol

Game lags on me while Witten is open, when it comes back its a pick, small tip by your lineman and your guy ints it with an inch from the ground, one handed fucking 10 foot jump by your LB to get an INT.... it felt like Madden was willing me to lose that game

Yea great game. The Brandon Banks FF was total bullshit, even though I did hitstick, still, he's barely 150 lbs soaking wet. The jumping INT was bullshit as they always are, but the pressure by Nield to lead to the INT by Kerrigan was all me. I played a lot of spy on Romo and short coverages with my LBs.

Sadly, despite a clutch win, I lost two key players, one huge loss with Kerrigan out for 10 weeks with a collarbone injury on a clutch 4th and goal stop at the 1 yard line to keep the Cowboys from tying the game (then two handoffs to Cobie and a 3rd down bullet from Tanico to Cooley to ice the game).

Oh well, feels good to see my defense continue where they left off against the Eagles last season, and the offense has improved with new additions on the offensive line.

LiveWire

Am I doing something wrong after the game? I make sure to quit out to the main menu and quick save, yet I keep seeing no stats for my games in LM.

Somnia

LiveWire said:
Am I doing something wrong after the game? I make sure to quit out to the main menu and quick save, yet I keep seeing no stats for my games in LM.

FMT has to sync LM for them to show up.

another game against DM, another shitty performance. least i didn't get free balled but he got all the breaks in this game. bogus fumbles, dropped passes, his defenders completely pass interfering but no flag. oh well, we'll see come playoff time!

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
another game against DM, another shitty performance. least i didn't get free balled but he got all the breaks in this game. bogus fumbles, dropped passes, his defenders completely pass interfering but no flag. oh well, we'll see come playoff time!

You'll be lucky to go .500 this season. Tross has the NFC West on lock down!

freeman 3/10 and he still wins because of the turnovers :(

on one turnover, and this has already happened twice against DM, i'm just getting tackled and that bullshit strip animation comes in. there's nothing i can do about it at that point, he just fumbles! then down 7 i hit vernon davis in the stomach, may have scored on the play but would've definitely been inside the 20, and it's just dropped. just before halftime i have 2nd and goal at the 5, throw to an open vernon davis, the cb is a few yards away but teleports for the pick and i go down 10-7 at the half instead of up 14 or 10-7 :(

Top Bottom