• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
freeman 3/10 and he still wins because of the turnovers :(

on one turnover, and this has already happened twice against DM, i'm just getting tackled and that bullshit strip animation comes in. there's nothing i can do about it at that point, he just fumbles! then down 7 i hit vernon davis in the stomach, may have scored on the play but would've definitely been inside the 20, and it's just dropped. just before halftime i have 2nd and goal at the 5, throw to an open vernon davis, the cb is a few yards away but teleports for the pick and i go down 10-7 at the half instead of up 14 or 10-7 :(

DK5Rz.jpg

DMczaf said:

i thought only i had access to it!

also, i assigned CB as commish since i'll be gone starting friday at about 2 pm for the pixies concert bitches!

ramirez, you are my week 2 opponent. i could play sunday after the niners game!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
another game against DM, another shitty performance. least i didn't get free balled but he got all the breaks in this game. bogus fumbles, dropped passes, his defenders completely pass interfering but no flag. oh well, we'll see come playoff time!
Oh so it's like when we play you?!

eznark

Banned
GCQuinton said:
GG eznark.

Panthers off to a solid start. Brandon Hogan was mad at me for leaving him on the bench last season, so he shuts me up by returning our opening kickoff possession for a TD. Cam and the offense did great in the rain (again for our GB game), and the "new and improved" defensive line (hereby dubbed The Fantastic Four) had pressure on Rodgers all game, with Nick Fairley getting his first sack as a Panther.

Liking this group a lot, and looking forward to see how the season pans out.

GG man. Despite the large number of points, I actually really liked my defensive changes. Opening kickoff returned, punt blocked and going for it on 4th-26 from my own 2 (how did my boy drop that!!???!!!) gave away 21 points. Spikes was a great addition as ROLB, as long as he can stay healthy.

The offense is going to take some tweaking. Probably not a good idea to try a whole new offensive playbook when I also have all new skill players. I just could not get the ball the HoFinley.

Also....fuck rain!

bluemax

Banned
Rors is going all LukeSmith on us:

218 yards passing
34 yards rushing

15 pass attempts, only 12 rush attempts (4 of which were Schaub!).

Other fun week 1 stats:

Every team in the NFC North gave up at least 35 points.

Matt Ryan completed as many passes to his own team as to the other team (4).

3 Teams threw for less than 100 yards. 2 of them won games.

BigAT

bluemax said:
Rors is going all LukeSmith on us:

218 yards passing
34 yards rushing

15 pass attempts, only 12 rush attempts (4 of which were Schaub!).

Other fun week 1 stats:

Every team in the NFC North gave up at least 35 points.

Matt Ryan completed as many passes to his own team as to the other team (4).

3 Teams threw for less than 100 yards. 2 of them won games.
When do you want to try again?

BigAT

I really wish there was a "HEY, THIS DUDE IS RUNNING A DRAW PLAY" button in this game. The defense gets so retarded against them, it's really obnoxious to try to defend against even when you know it's coming.

McNei1y

BigAT said:
I really wish there was a "HEY, THIS DUDE IS RUNNING A DRAW PLAY" button in this game. The defense gets so retarded against them, it's really obnoxious to try to defend against even when you know it's coming.

I kinda agree but then again there wouldn't be a point for a draw play if the entire CPU knew it was a run. The point is to trick the defense to think its a pass and to have that trick fail in this game than there wouldn't be a point for it in this game. Just what I think. Its hard enough to dodge a manual player when they know its a draw.

BigAT

McNei1y said:
I kinda agree but then again there wouldn't be a point for a draw play if the entire CPU knew it was a run. The point is to trick the defense to think its a pass and to have that trick fail in this game than there wouldn't be a point for it in this game. Just what I think. Its hard enough to dodge a manual player when they know its a draw.
I appreciate that, but there's some middle ground between the CPU recognizing it on every play and how it is now where players just ignore the RB until he is 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. I've had defenders literally run beside the back without even attempting to make a tackle. Watching even my 90+ D-linemen just gawk at it is frustrating. Even defending it manually is tough too, because there is always an O-lineman that is running free and suddenly turns into a super blocker that always seems to pick me up.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
yeah, usually the center or a guard runs free, if you can spot which and run around it you can stop it at or behind the line. I think it helps if you had a LB in man coverage on the back as well as who you are controlling.

Smokey

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Dolphins - Jets winner controls his own destiny with Patriots and Bills losses!

BigAT, you can just audible to a run blitz.

Huh? Audible after the play has been put in motion? If somebody lines up in the I-Form and calls a draw most of the time you wouldn't know until after the play has already started. AT is referring to somehow making it so the CPU defense reacts quicker once realizing it's a draw.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I think there was actually a post snap LB crash button command in one of the old maddens. Like pre-2000.

Smokey said:
Huh? Audible after the play has been put in motion? If somebody lines up in the I-Form and calls a draw most of the time you wouldn't know until after the play has already started. AT is referring to somehow making it so the CPU defense reacts quicker once realizing it's a draw.

gotcha, but just like in rl, just because one person realizes its a draw doesn't mean the whole defense reacts at that point. Madden exaggerates it a bit.

BigAT

levious said:
I think there was actually a post snap LB crash button command in one of the old maddens. Like pre-2000.
I think it was 2005, you could push down on the right stick on PS2 to crash in your safeties (maybe your LBs too, hard to forget) against the run or push up to put them back into coverage for a pass. Something like NCAA would be nice where you can guess the play type and get rewarded/punished depending on if you're right.

I am mostly referring to pre-snap knowledge of a draw. I don't like to run blitz it feels like to me I'm just as likely to have my guys completely run past it and then there's absolutely nothing in front of the back. There are plenty of times where I have defenders in the backfield, but they just completely ignore the RB because that's how the draw mechanics work. Giving up a 10 yard gain is better than an 80 yard TD.

Mrbob

Ouch. At least you can take heart knowing DM has broken FMT's spirit in this game so the Niners match up should be an easy win for you.

Mrbob

Btw pheenix did you trade me damaged goods? Morgan got hurt in the first quarter in my game against the Chargers, and didn't return. I haven't looked at the medical chart yet to see if he is out longer but he dropped like a fly right away. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nyjee Dyer is not impressing me. Should've traded for McFadden!

Also, forgot to save it, but Newcomer had this ridiculous run on me. Dodged a sack by Abraham, ran outside and away from Michael Johnson, was in Peko's grasp and then broke out for 18 yards. :(

Top Bottom