• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

EAs being weird. Ferny lets try again.

Are you not updating your rosters or something? keeps saying

"The away team's depth chart is out of date. Please go to depth chart screen to get latest updates." You're the away team right?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I had Dunlap and Abraham meet at the QB. The game awarded half a sack to each but the EA website doesn't even have the sack in the game. :(

McNei1y

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
"The away team's depth chart is out of date. Please go to depth chart screen to get latest updates." You're the away team right?

Both teams make sure there isn't an empty spot on the depth chart OR one guy starting at two positions. Also, make sure every slot, even back up, is filled.

Striker

Wellington said:
I had Dunlap and Abraham meet at the QB. The game awarded half a sack to each but the EA website doesn't even have the sack in the game. :(
Yeah, that's really underwhelming. They don't keep tabs on assist tackles, either, and everybody has low tackles in the end.

Ferny

GG Drizzler

Reggie Bush was unstoppable during the 3rd and early 4th. Luckily I had some things going on offense to make up for giving up so much on the defensive side of the ball.

Jets start off with a W.

GG Ferny, should've ran more when it counted. Terrible conversion call for sure, dunno what I was thinking. Henne is who I had starting but madden decided otherwise and I said wth. Sucks losing a 0 turnover game.

Failed 2 point conversion and was so close to pinning you on that one punt.. Sanchez tore it up tho.

Antrel Rolle: 1 int

bout to jump on for my first game... any advice? Cheesy shit i should avoid or else i'll get made fun of?

So far i got...

1) Don't drop back 15 yds before i throw
2) Choose at least 6 different plays

I should be good, yeah? Seriously, any well known stuff that i shouldn't be doing?

mastershake said:
bout to jump on for my first game... any advice? Cheesy shit i should avoid or else i'll get made fun of?

So far i got...

I should be good, yeah? Seriously, any well known stuff that i shouldn't be doing?

user catching and nano blitzing. Also, just run 7 different running plays with MJD and you'll be fine

LukeSmith

mastershake said:

So far i got...

1. this is a sim league. no going for it every 4th down, no running the no-huddle all game, no abuse of whatever exploit this years game has. just be cool man

2. we play 2 games a week. we advance every wednesday @ 9pm pst and every saturday at 9pm pst. if the games finish before then, we advance when the last game is finish. if you don't have the time to play 2 games a week, don't join. you'll just have people mad at you that are waiting to advance.

3. if you are easily angered and feel that losing may cause you to quit, then don't bother joining. we all lose. we all get screwed out of a win we deserved somehow. a guy gets lucky, your guy gets hurt, the madden AI gods decide to make your guys fumble or blow coverages or whatever. dealwithit.gif. venting is fine, but if you're going to throw a fit and quit every other week it's just not worth it to put yourself through that kind of situation!

4. the online franchise offseason will take a bit of your time. why? because we have the draft, we have free agency, we have a cap, we have all that stuff and it does take time. it's not a great amount of time but if you can't fit it in then don't play.

5. Don't go for 2 every time because you can't kick. Everyone has to deal with the kicking problems, so you do too.

6. Regarding 4th downs, just be realistic guys. Don't make me spell out every possible situation, but use these as guidelines:

a. do not go for it on 4th down if you are winning.
b. do not go for it in 4th down in your own territory unless it is the 4th quarter and you are down by 2 scores or more OR it is your "final" drive
c. if you have a 4th down and you are on the cusp of FG range, it is ok to go for it so long as it's a 4th and 5 or less. example: 4th and 3 at your opponents 39 yard line. unless you have the raiders or packers this is a difficult FG and probably not going to go through. i have no problem with a 4th down in this scenario.
d. NO GOING FOR IT ON 4TH DOWN OF A GAME THAT YOU ARE WINNING OR TIED AND YOU ARE IN YOUR OWN TERRITORY

just use common sense and try to be realistic.

daw840

mastershake said:

So far i got...

Just play straight up, don't play like Ramirez, and you'll be the league's golden boy.

Ramirez

goldlion054 said:
Also, if Ram claims he threw bogus INTs just make a video about it

Hey, all I said was that only one of them was into more than single coverage, and the video proved that! Thank you Tross!

Ramirez said:
Hey, all I said was that only one of them was into more than single coverage, and the video proved that! Thank you Tross!

Its ok, I force everything to Megatron regardless of the coverage, just like the real life Lions!

bluemax

Banned
Not a bad first game for Ryan Kaiser:

9-12 155 yards 1 TD 1 INT

The INT was in the Red Zone, I had a run play called, saw the defense and decided to go play action. Sadly trying to thread it past TT and into Carlson's hands failed. I also doinked a 2 point conversion off Carlson's head :(

Definitely liking my offense this season, might need another draft to improve my defense still.

GG BigAT.

McNei1y

LukeSmith said:
c. if you have a 4th down and you are on the cusp of FG range, it is ok to go for it so long as it's a 4th and 5 or less. example: 4th and 3 at your opponents 39 yard line. unless you have the raiders or packers this is a difficult FG and probably not going to go through. i have no problem with a 4th down in this scenario.

I've actually forgot about this. Is this open at all times? Just curious. I had a 58 yard FG the other day on the 41 and I believe it was 4th and 3. Would I have been able to have gone for it? Or is it only an option if you are losing?

I usually punt since I don't have much faith and I'd rather the guy be in bad position then right near the 50 but this is just a question I have for future scenarios.

McNei1y said:
I've actually forgot about this. Is this open at all times? Just curious. I had a 58 yard FG the other day on the 41 and I believe it was 4th and 3. Would I have been able to have gone for it? Or is it only an option if you are losing?

I usually punt since I don't have much faith and I'd rather the guy be in bad position then right near the 50 but this is just a question I have for future scenarios.

you could have gone for it. some people (janikowski, the packers kicker.... others) can hit shit from 60+, but not all of us have that luxury!

Rorschach

We've been playing fourth downs by ear so far. I wouldn't know, though, since I was never in a situation where I could go for it.

[edti] Jano can't hit from 60 lol :( Vikings and Packers can, though. FU longwell/crosby!

Rorschach said:
We've been playing fourth downs by ear so far. I wouldn't know, though, since I was never in a situation where I could go for it.

[edti] Jano can't hit from 60 lol :(

yeah, i haven't had any complaints on 4th down so far this year from anyone. so good!

jano can't!? well he used to be able to in madden 10/11

Mrbob

If someone lines up and kicks a 58 to 60 yard fg I think anything should be fair game in that game. Those kicks are so cheesy.

bluemax said:
Only 3 games left! Haven't seen Tross or Story check in for awhile, the winner of that game is in first place!

Pm'd Tross and still haven't heard from him, not that it matters tonight. Feeling like crap and watching the game.

bluemax

Banned
storybook77 said:
Pm'd Tross and still haven't heard from him, not that it matters tonight. Feeling like crap and watching the game.

No worries I wasn't trying to rush you. I'm flipping between the game and the Kings/Ducks game.

LukeSmith

Crow and I will get it done at some point, I thought we were going tonight but I think he's jacking off to Anime and StarCraft videos or something

bluemax said:
No worries I wasn't trying to rush you. I'm flipping between the game and the Kings/Ducks game.

I know. Just letting everyone know that I've contacted him but haven't heard from him as of yet.

I'll be gone tomorrow night celebrating our 6th anniversary but I could be around later that night.

LukeSmith

storybook77 said:
I know. Just letting everyone know that I've contacted him but haven't heard from him as of yet.

I'll be gone tomorrow night celebrating our 6th anniversary but I could be around later that night.

Don't you get to have sex on anniversary night? Seems like you should/would.

McNei1y

Rorschach said:

[edti] Jano can't hit from 60 lol :( Vikings and Packers can, though. FU longwell/crosby!
Longwell can't :(. Hit 100 on power and perfect on accuracy yet hit crossbar from 58 yards!

LukeSmith said:
Don't you get to have sex on anniversary night? Seems like you should/would.

It'll be earlier in the night, before midnight.....she has to get up at 5:30 am to go to work the next day. It's also why I said I might be around later.

LukeSmith

storybook77 said:
It'll be earlier in the night, before midnight.....she has to get up at 5:30 am to go to work the next day. It's also why I said I might be around later.

See, that's a pro set up. Wife who has to get up early, and therefore goes to bed before you.

Rorschach

storybook77 said:
If you do it right, there's no "might."

Ramirez

Ben opens up the season with a 21/25 372 2 TDs/0 INTs performance. Woulda had 3 TDs, but Brown dropped one in the end zone.

Dunno whose dick I have to suck at EA to get an INT, I had 3 user controlled INTs just plop right out of my hands, pretty annoying.

GG Ram,

Pretty much the worst possible start i could have. I fumble the opening kick after i try to spin like a jackass and its run back for a TD. Bam 7-0. Next kick off i try to kneel in the endzone, realize i dont know what button is kneel, so i jump forward and end up being down on the 1 yard line. Somehow i managed to go 99 yds and punch it before shit just got out of control.

The game really wasn't as close as the score shows. Couldn't stop ram on D and he had two easy picks that his db's just couldn't come down with. One was really bad. I was locked in on my first read, and damnit i was going to throw to him in double coverage!!

I got a couple lucky breaks that kept me in the game. Had fun though!

Ram, if you saw me doing any silly shit call me out. I normally only ever play offline by myself.

Ramirez

mastershake said:
GG Ram,

Pretty much the worst possible start i could have. I fumble the opening kick after i try to spin like a jackass and Ram runs it back for a TD. Bam 7-0. Next kick off i try to kneel in the endzone, realize i dont know what button is kneel, so i jump forward and end up being down on the 1 yard line. Somehow i managed to go 99 yds and punch it before shit just got out of control.

The game really wasn't as close as the score shows. Couldn't stop ram on D and he had two easy picks that his db's just couldn't come down with

I got a couple lucky breaks that kept me in the game. Had fun though!

Ram, if you saw me doing any silly shit call me out. I normally only ever play offline by myself.

Nah dude, you're a legit player. Was a breath of fresh air after last seasons Jags owner. *cough*

Rorschach

lol Gold/story/Luke

Ramirez said:
Dunno whose dick I have to suck at EA to get an INT, I had 3 user controlled INTs just plop right out of my hands, pretty annoying.
Happened to me all game. Happened a lot last year in some games. I don't know if catch rating matters so much or if it's because of the QB that's throwing it. :\

Top Bottom