• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned
JESUS.

Okay, last week was total shit for me. Work was crazy, my girlfriend ... and I... jesus christ. I keep my female issues under control, but she went off of her anxiety meds 2 weeks ago and it just hit this week, and then my old man had rotator cuff surgery on Thursday, and with the draft and free agency, I Was just so far behind.

So, thanks to Storybook for waiting till 5:30 last night, like the last possible time. Our game was weird. FOr one, I had no CBs, no SS, and no FS. So, I realized that when we started the game. So we started, and played a quarter, then the game froze and it said my peer had been kicked for griefing, so I was like wtf? Then, we start aagin and it's 14 - 14 in the 2nd and Storybook is driving late in the half, and suddenly, he just starts delay of gaming over and over by accident, so I Was like "Wtf?" So I paused it for a few minutes, sent him a message, then went back, and paused it again and it said again, "your peer has been kicked for griefing." SO I was like wtf. That time I guess the controller shut off, haha..

So finally we get the game in. It was 21 - 14 him nearing the half, my defense was completely hopeless. I had 2 WR's playing in my secondary and my starting CB was 48-overall. It was a nightmare. Deanglo Williams got hurt on the first drive, out for the game, and Ryan Williams pulled off a sick 80 yard run near half time. I got the ball back after a 3-and-out and kicked a FG to take a 24 - 21 lead. The rest of the game was me running the ball with a few passes -- one of which was a pass to Todd Heap for a long TD, and then just trying to kill time. Storybook's ram's couldn't get things going in the second half, as I switched almost entirely to cover 3, just trying to delay the inevitable scores.

But, the d held on and a long 4th quarter drive sealed a win for the defenseless Cardinals.

SO anyway, sorry for my absence, crazy shit week right at the busiest time of the MaddenGaf franchise season. I went on and signed a bunch of guys... so hopefully I'll have some semblence of a team. FMT, do you have to sync for my latest signees from LM to show up in the game?

Did the game stutter/lag before this happened? Because in both of my games this season I've had to redo them multiple times because it just randomly lags out and I get booted for excessive griefing.

It actually cost me last night, I was down 7 with 3ish minutes to go, I had 4th and goal from the 3 and the game disconnected me but apparently EA decided to count it. I likely would have lost because my defense couldn't stop Levious to save my life, but it was annoying to lose out on 3 minutes of game and a possible TD.

Great final drive Wellie... I was determined not to give up the long bomb to AJ green, hahaha, so I Was pleased as punch giving up the runs and refused to switch coverage on that drive.

Great final 2 calls, ballsie, but I definitely didn't deserve to win. I played a mistake free game, but that was the best that I could muster. Your defense came up big on my final two drives, when they couldn't buy stops early in the game, so it was a good finish.

For those unawares, Wellie had the ball and had to drive about 75 yards on the last drive, down by 6, with 2 mins left. I had given up long play after long play on d, so I was content sitting back. He probably called 4 or 5 runs on that drive, taking time, and punched the ball in on the final offensive play of the game... at the goalline, dodging a defender to go in. IT was a ballsey call and a good strategy. I was convinced you'd go to AJ Green and that I'd pick it off, haha

Did the game stutter/lag before this happened? Because in both of my games this season I've had to redo them multiple times because it just randomly lags out and I get booted for excessive griefing.

It actually cost me last night, I was down 7 with 3ish minutes to go, I had 4th and goal from the 3 and the game disconnected me but apparently EA decided to count it. I likely would have lost because my defense couldn't stop Levious to save my life, but it was annoying to lose out on 3 minutes of game and a possible TD.

Hmm, out games were laggyish but not nearly as laggy as many others. I remember playing minnesota last season and it being the laggiest sports game I had played ever. But our's were moderate lag for me, even right before the quit. It'd freeze for like 1 second then say the guy has been booted.

bluemax

Banned
Hmm, out games were laggyish but not nearly as laggy as many others. I remember playing minnesota last season and it being the laggiest sports game I had played ever. But our's were moderate lag for me, even right before the quit. It'd freeze for like 1 second then say the guy has been booted.

Yeah that's what happens, the game will stutter then lock up and then I get booted for excessive griefing. Its really annoying, I'm direct connected to my modem as well. I thought it was possibly my ISP giving me shit.

Mrbob

Tiburon needs to add a drop in/drop out spectator mode next season. So many exciting, close finishes in the first two weeks which would be awesome to view.

Mrbob

Lol, I'm not really having a chance. My first two opponents are draping Brooks nearly every passing play. Putting two, sometimes three defenders on him.

You have as much receiving yards with VD in one game than I have in two with Brooks. Mr Te Cheese It Man! Trying to deflect!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
http://youtu.be/-64ScH8MjqY

Final drive.

I was lucky to even be in the game. Albatross was 6/6 on third down attempts, the only two he didn't get were on the last two drives. Had no answer for Fitzgerald and Williams ran all over me. I was very lucky at the end with that missed tackle as you can see. I also thought that the pass to Simpson on that drive was for sure getting overturned. GG Albatross.

bluemax

Banned

Final drive.

I was lucky to even be in the game. Albatross was 6/6 on third down attempts, the only two he didn't get were on the last two drives. Had no answer for Fitzgerald and Williams ran all over me. I was very lucky at the end with that missed tackle as you can see. I also thought that the pass to Simpson on that drive was for sure getting overturned. GG Albatross.

Dat Konex rollout :p

Smokey

Final drive.

You scrambled from the pocket when you didn't have to and broke the defense allowing that receiver to get open. Cheeser? Maybe.

Mrbob

CB, you Nintendo fanboyz are a special kind of crazy. Here I thought the UC3 review thread was odd, and the Skyward Sword review thread obliterated it in terms of insanity. Over 16K posts now in the Skyward Sword review thread.

Smokey

you gotta let it go!

Oh it's gone, just calling what I see.

I'm just pointing out what's been shown in the videos. Why don't you have a comment or anything on ya boy Wellie? Since this appears to be ok, drop back will be eliminated and instead will run horizontally and wait for receivers to get open. Same concept.

*Just trying to stop this from becoming a habit in the league.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
CB, you Nintendo fanboyz are a special kind of crazy. Here I thought the UC3 review thread was odd, and the Skyward Sword review thread obliterated it in terms of insanity. Over 16K posts now in the Skyward Sword review thread.

fuuuuck can't wait till tomorrow!

Oh it's gone, just calling what I see.

I'm just pointing out what's been shown in the videos. Why don't you have a comment or anything on ya boy Wellie? Since this appears to be ok, drop back will be eliminated and instead will run horizontally and wait for receivers to get open. Same concept.

*Just trying to stop this from becoming a habit in the league.

let it be
let it be
let it be
let it be
whisper words of wisdom
let it be

Smokey

let it be
let it be
let it be
let it be
whisper words of wisdom
let it be

uh huh what I thought. Don't want to say something negative about a OG player.

*Just don't want this to become a habit in the league. As a repeat offender this clearly shows that this type of behavior happens frequently.

CB3

too easy. I didn't even watch the video lol

take notes bob, you used to be good at this kinda thing.

Smokey

too easy. I didn't even watch the video lol

take notes bob, you used to be good at this kinda thing.

uh huh. I'm sure you didn't. That's ok, I watched it for you.

*Just don't want this type of behavior to become a habit in the league. Better to make the thread a place for open discussion rather than the "backchannels" of the league amirite?

CB3

I really didn't.

and CK refuses to trade me a player I want so I'd jump on the chance for something like this

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You guys are right, no QBs ever roll to the sideline to buy time until guys get open. It's exactly the same as running backwards to buy time.

In other words, GTFOH.

Smokey

Fernyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Leinart wants a chance at Revis

You guys are right, no QBs ever roll to the sideline to buy time until guys get open. It's exactly the same as running backwards to buy time.

In other words, GTFOH.

But you didn't have to run to by time. Just like if I "just stayed in the pocket" Madden will see that everything works out.

*I'm not attacking you personally, just don't want to see this spread throughout the league!

Lol, I'm not really having a chance. My first two opponents are draping Brooks nearly every passing play. Putting two, sometimes three defenders on him.

You have as much receiving yards with VD in one game than I have in two with Brooks. Mr Te Cheese It Man! Trying to deflect!

99 rated te! Ill tell the league right now who my main target is on all pass plays!

LukeSmith

Master%2BShake.jpg

LukeSmith

shakezula the mice rula

My bad man... I might be able to play late tonight, or sooner if i can stop playing Ultimate :(

If not, tomorrow for sure. Are you free tomorrow?

I can be free tomorrow, Colts are on a bye, I'll be around here for the next couple hours too if you wanna get welcomed into the AFC South tonight

Smokey

Installed Skyrim since Ferny rejected me. Running standard config for the moment with everything Ultra until I head over and get a config from the Skyrim OT.

I played until I got out of the caves in the introduction with the NPC...:O. Game looks amazing in 3D. It's rated as excellent for Nvidia 3D support and it shows. Hard to put into words but I was blown away. And that was with the default config. Can't wait for the inevitable hi-res pack :eek:

Ferny

Installed Skyrim since Ferny rejected me. Running standard config for the moment with everything Ultra until I head over and get a config from the Skyrim OT.

I played until I got out of the caves in the introduction with the NPC...:O. Game looks amazing in 3D. It's rated as excellent for Nvidia 3D support and it shows. Hard to put into words but I was blown away. And that was with the default config. Can't wait for the inevitable hi-res pack :eek:
We'll play tomorrow sir don't worry. I just was playing a couple games of MW3 before I went out.

Ramirez

lol, I was looking at the stats from some of the games, and noticed this.

Aaron Hernandez TE 2 22
Julio Jones WR 2 22
Roddy White WR 2 22
Devin Hester WR 1 22

You need to go play the lottery tomorrow with 222/122. :p

DCX

DCX
lol, I was looking at the stats from some of the games, and noticed this.

Aaron Hernandez TE 2 22
Julio Jones WR 2 22
Roddy White WR 2 22
Devin Hester WR 1 22

You need to go play the lottery tomorrow with 222/122. :p

Better chance at winning the lotto than Madden lately.

DCX

Top Bottom