• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

I think you're confusing formation changes with "user-motion." The Green Bay playbook has a lot of formations/plays/audibles that move personnel in crazy ways. I rarely motion receivers.

Yea you just found other formations to toss from.

I probably already tossed out of every formation there is to toss from last season. I'd wager I called more stretches against you than tosses though. I really didn't call it much, Reggie got hurt after all, it just worked almost every time. You also kept stacking the box so I'm going to keep going to the edge if the run is working.
If it was just the plays then I already apologized. Thought it was the presnap user motion thing. My D was just broken a lot and I can fix it more than most I think so it felt like I was being abused. It's all good, was a fun game.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I'm home all day bluemax, pick a time to play and I'll be available for you.

eznark

Banned
Good game bob. I way underestimated Crosby's leg to my detriment. 18 mile an hour wind? Crosby not only kicks into it, he hooks a ball AGAINST it.

Of course he does.....

Trasher

Two.

Striker/Albatross, bluemax/levious. They look like they'll get done today.

Trasher, when will you be able to continue your undefeated vs. MaddenGAF legacy?

Well tonight looks iffy. Especially since it depends on when those other guys get theirs done today. Then tomorrow is Thanksgiving, but I might be able to squeeze a game in early (before the Lions game) or later that night if you want to try. Friday is pretty wide open though.

DCX

DCX
I have to work normal hours today. So 10 est is probably best unless something changes.
If you are up to play our game after your game with Levious let me know.

I'm tired from a long work stretch and rehearsals but I rather play tonight and have tomorrow free of all gaf related activities :)

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well tonight looks iffy. Especially since it depends on when those other guys get theirs done today. Then tomorrow is Thanksgiving, but I might be able to squeeze a game in early (before the Lions game) or later that night if you want to try. Friday is pretty wide open though.

Friday is good for me.

From weeks 3 thru 6 I get to play three Team Jesus members. :(

bluemax

Banned
If you are up to play our game after your game with Levious let me know.

I'm tired from a long work stretch and rehearsals but I rather play tonight and have tomorrow free of all gaf related activities :)

DCX

Yeah I can probably do that.

LukeSmith

We are advancing at 11 EST/8 Surfer time (as soon as the Bluemax/Levious game is done)

Set up your week 4 match-ups.

Next Advance Target date:
Sunday Night 9 Pacific

Birdles, I'm off all week so let me know your availability

Birdman02

We are advancing at 11 EST/8 Surfer time (as soon as the Bluemax/Levious game is done)

Set up your week 4 match-ups.

Next Advance Target date:
Sunday Night 9 Pacific

Birdles, I'm off all week so let me know your availability

I'm pretty much gonna be out of town the next four days. I could maybe play Saturday night or Sunday, but I'm not exactly sure when we're coming home.

LukeSmith

I'm pretty much gonna be out of town the next four days. I could maybe play Saturday night or Sunday, but I'm not exactly sure when we're coming home.

Just lemme know when you're back, holidays and all that. Or we should just sim the last 2 games so we can play right now.

bluemax

Banned
How is it that I'm leading the league in third down conversion percentage and yet I only have 4 trips to the red zone? I've only thrown 2 picks and both were IN the red zone. This is baffling.

Holy fuck, my defense has been so bad on third downs. 81.8%? I can't get anyone off the field!

Birdman02

Just lemme know when you're back, holidays and all that. Or we should just sim the last 2 games so we can play right now.

Do it. I don't think too many people would have an issue with that.

Although, I do have to go back to work for a few more hours, so I guess we'll have to wait anyway.

bluemax

Banned
Conservative play calling? To put points up you have to unleash the dragon.

If it isn't too late tonight we can play. Otherwise I'll be home most of Friday and the weekend.

I'm moving the ball and not turning it over. Scoring hasn't really been a huge issue through two games, I just find the lack of red zone attempts weird.

The third downs thing is the real killer. I think I've forced maybe 1 punt all season.

McNei1y

Gold, for week 4, I don't have an exact specific time since I will be away but I will have my xbox with me. I probably have a better chance to play later tonight when it advances, if not early tomorrow before all the shit happens. Maybe late tomorrow night... Not sure about Friday... lol

bluemax

Banned
No doubt, if you defense get the other team off the field on third down it will limit your offensive possessions.

Yeah, against BigAT I scored on all but 3 possessions, I threw an INT near the end of the first half which gave him a FG. Then I got the ball back with 15 seconds left and just ran the clock. In the fourth quarter I threw an INT in the red zone, but I forced a fumble that I recovered for a TD a few plays later.

I think BigAT had like 5 drives in that game where he scored and one of the drives where he didn't score was because the game was over and he was kneeling.

I think I should've gotten a corner higher in the draft than I did, none of my corners are particularly fast and I keep getting abused on third downs by fast receivers.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm moving the ball and not turning it over. Scoring hasn't really been a huge issue through two games, I just find the lack of red zone attempts weird.

The third downs thing is the real killer. I think I've forced maybe 1 punt all season.

I don't know if it's wise to trust the LM stats at the moment. They're fucked up.

I haven't been able to get Sable Script to work in chrome. Does anyone have tips? :(

Gold, for week 4, I don't have an exact specific time since I will be away but I will have my xbox with me. I probably have a better chance to play later tonight when it advances, if not early tomorrow before all the shit happens. Maybe late tomorrow night... Not sure about Friday... lol

Later tonight might work. And Early tomorrow is a possibility, as long as you are willing to go around 9 am. I'll let you know about tonight, though

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn was just looking at if EA finally gave a Giants receiver some respect, Hakeem Nicks after progression:

Catch: 99
Catch in Traffic: 95
Spectacular Catch: 95
Jump: 95
Route Running: 92
Release: 99

I said wow. That is damn near undefendable.

Andre Johnson for comparison:

Catch: 96
Spectacular Catch: 90
Jump: 93
Route Running: 95
Release: 97

Unreal, I'd almost rather Hakeem the Dream than AJ. (AJ is 4 points faster tho)

DCX

DCX
Damn was just looking at if EA finally gave a Giants receiver some respect, Hakeem Nicks after progression:

Catch: 99
Spectacular Catch: 95
Jump: 95
Route Running: 92
Release: 99

I said wow. That is damn near undefendable.

Andre Johnson for comparison:

Catch: 96
Spectacular Catch: 90
Jump: 93
Route Running: 95
Release: 97

Unreal, I'd sooner Hakeem the Dream than AJ. (AJ is 4 points faster tho)
Wow!! Dude is a beast

DCX

McNei1y

Later tonight might work. And Early tomorrow is a possibility, as long as you are willing to go around 9 am. I'll let you know about tonight, though

Okay cool. I'll keep checking in. I'm going to be on the road ~6pm tonight and it'll probably take me 4 hours so I'll check in around 10 or so then.

bluemax

Banned
So bros, I got UMvC3 for PSTriple to play against some people I know, what's the best way to learn this game? About all I know about fighting games is how to do a fireball in SF2.

DCX

DCX
So bros, I got UMvC3 for PSTriple to play against some people I know, what's the best way to learn this game? About all I know about fighting games is how to do a fireball in SF2.
Vs series is hard to master. You can pick up some simple combos and aerial stuff but the tag team combos and infinite combos takes a long time.

Practice mode or just keep playing and taking your lumps.

DCX

Sanjuro

Looks like the advance will be around 11 ET. Will you still be around then?

And you can have your draft pick...when he's on your side of the LOS smothering Tom Brady :p

JPYDD.jpg

Striker

gg tross. Newcomer's first pass was a pick, but he rebounded nicely. I didn't think Washington would have jumped that high, so it was a bad decision. Otherwise he was on target all day. OL did a pretty good job as well. Shut down Hillis so I had no other choice!

Defensively I can't buy a freakin pass-rush. Thankfully Justice is filling in nicely at FS.

2 INT, but 4 INT on the season.

Mcneily!

I'm stepping out for some drinks with friends and such, so I probably won't be able to play tonight. Does 9-10 am work for you tomorrow? otherwise I'm pretty booked

Top Bottom