• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Let me know what time is good Mastershake. I am ready to play at any time.

Also, I will be out of town Friday and Saturday.

damn how did you fuck up the jarl

i tried and all his bitches killed me. ran out of magicka lol

Conjured flame atronach, heavy armor, shield, awesome axe, and a lot of potions. Fuck them all.

I went with a mixture of magic and melee. Been working out well for me so far.

eznark

Banned
Fuck your team Welli. Now they are going to come out all batshit fired up playing at home because Caughlin will have crawled up their asses for a week.

Way to kill the 19-0 dream.

Dick.

Giants game forced me to unleash my wrath on Whiterun. Jarl, dead. Irileth, dead. Proventus, dead. They came right back to life and I killed them again. Cause fuck em, thats why!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

better than breaking a laptop I suppse! Play Zelda when you get fired up, it's a very pleasant game.

Smokey

lol I should clarify: He does it like way after the play is broke, and just runs around. I sacked him for like a loss of 23 on one. The other time he went west to the sideline, then back east to that sideline, and eventually threw an incomplete pass. It wasn't helping him by any means! hahaha

Edit: lololol still laughing at that video
Smokey Rule repeatedly broken. What are we going to do about this?!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Luke not being here and this Giants game forced me to unleash my wrath on Whiterun. Jarl, dead. Irileth, dead. Proventus, dead. They came right back to life and I killed them again. Cause fuck em, thats why!

Dayum....

Though, this gets me thinking, I know what group of people to go after the next time I get pissed off. The Jarls of the losing side of the Civil War, end up in 1 room together (in Solitude if you went Stormcloak, and Windhelm if you went Imperial). That would be a high quality target.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Only in effect when Smokey breaks the rule, same applies to the Matt Millen Award and myself.

DCX

I think you clinched that title for life when you suggested that the New Orleans owner should have cut Brees to free up cap space.

The middle of the field when you are on offense against FMT is like Alyssa Milano. You want her, but you can't have her! P Willy all up in dat bitch.

Gg, dude. And yeah, I had a couple passes there that shoulda been picks. Ram would love to sympathize with you I bet. That shit is only supposed to happen to him! I spent like the entire first half trying to figure out the fucking QB spy setting (was on AIM talking to Luke trying to figure it out lol). On your two TD plays, I knew it was coming, but I couldn't stop it manually lol. My god, I could not run the ball against you either. Your front seven is vicious. That fumble at the end there was also hilarious. Too bad I couldn't drive that far down the field with no timeouts left. :(

Question: What was with that incredibly weird scrambling 20 yards deep (this shit makes Smokey look tame)? I got you once, and almost got you a second time doing that! lol

On that play, delaine walker (te on the left) is supposed to block for a moment and then go out for a pass. Well by the time i realized he wouldnt do it i was just trying to create room to throw the ball away but kaps release is too slow and i couldnt remember the throw away button :(

DCX

DCX
I think you clinched that title for life when you suggested that the New Orleans owner should have cut Brees to free up cap space.
Yet Smokey did do something similar and I'm still in the lead lulz. Thx for supporting my argument ;)

DCX

Smokey

Schaub is not Brees in real life or Madden.
This man speaks truth. Suck it DCX.

Leinart proved his worth in the playoffs and in regular season when called upon. I didn't just wake up and herp derp let me cut schaub. For 2 mill vs 8 mill I was willing to take risk. Stop trying to pass off your award lool

DCX

DCX
This man speaks truth. Suck it DCX.

Leinart proved his worth in the playoffs and in regular season when called upon. I didn't just wake up and herp derp let me cut schaub. For 2 mill vs 8 mill I was willing to take risk. Stop trying to pass off your award lool
Worth a try.

At least I know ill get away with moonwalking ;)

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fuck your team Welli. Now they are going to come out all batshit fired up playing at home because Caughlin will have crawled up their asses for a week.

Way to kill the 19-0 dream.

Dick.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

better than breaking a laptop I suppse! Play Zelda when you get fired up, it's a very pleasant game.
1) Not a chance on that. Godgers will throw 10 TDs.

2) For the last time that laptop has been replaced! For free!

Dayum....

Though, this gets me thinking, I know what group of people to go after the next time I get pissed off. The Jarls of the losing side of the Civil War, end up in 1 room together (in Solitude if you went Stormcloak, and Windhelm if you went Imperial). That would be a high quality target.

Speaking of, what side did everyone take? I just went Imperial. The battle of Whiterun was rad except that I fucking killed the shit out of everyone. It was beautiful. I think what's helping me not have the problems pheeniks is having is that I put a lot of perk points into my tank traits. Juggernaut, Well fitted, Shield Wall ftw. Wish I could clear some of the dumber points I've spent.

Smokey

I think I've put like 4 hrs into skyrim. Kind of waiting on pc patch before diving in completely. That and I keep playing BF3. Up to 50+ hours in MP and still havent hit level 50.

Nightz

I think I've put like 4 hrs into skyrim. Kind of waiting on pc patch before diving in completely. That and I keep playing BF3. Up to 50+ hours in MP and still havent hit level 50.

What are you waiting for them to patch?

I wish I had more hours in the day to play Skyrim.

Smokey

What are you waiting for them to patch?

I wish I had more hours in the day to play Skyrim.
It's a bethesda game. Glitches all around. I originally wanted to wait until first patch hit anyway before even buying it but I am weak. I am not a big fantasy person either. I prefer Fallout to Elder Scrolls.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Speaking of, what side did everyone take? I just went Imperial. The battle of Whiterun was rad except that I fucking killed the shit out of everyone. It was beautiful. I think what's helping me not have the problems pheeniks is having is that I put a lot of perk points into my tank traits. Juggernaut, Well fitted, Shield Wall ftw. Wish I could clear some of the dumber points I've spent.

I went Stormcloak, but only because I had went to Windhelm first, and when conversing with the Jarl, the option came up and I just accepted. Plot wise, there are aspects of both sides that I agree with, but I do have to say, I didn't like Ulfric, Jarl of Windhelm. Seems like he really does want to be High King for himself. But Fuck the High Elves!

Think the 2 sides operate the same. Start off with the Axe quest, then the battle of Whiterun, then taking the other sides forts/land, leading to the final assault on the capital city.

Wish we could clear perk points as well. I've split them up too evenly. Some on the Juggernaut, some on 1-Hand weapons, some on Destruction and curing.

Then I went on a Smithing run, and opened most of that. But now working on Speech, to hopefully get to the point that merchants I sell to, have enough money to make it worth my while to sell off high value armor to them. Cause I still haven't broken 20k yet, and I want some houses!

Oh, and Blessed PS3 patch, now it runs ok enough that I don't have to reset the system every 30 minutes!

Ramirez

your two TDs came on QB scrambles against a guy who didn't know where QB Spy was in the new audible menu

congrats

Man, call me a prophet, I told Trash what to do and how to do it, and it comes true, except he forgot how to do it.

It's a bethesda game. Glitches all around. I originally wanted to wait until first patch hit anyway before even buying it but I am weak. I am not a big fantasy person either. I prefer Fallout to Elder Scrolls.

I'm playing on the 360, put in about 40 hours I guess, and I've only had the game lock up on me twice on a loading screen, haven't encountered any bugged quests or glitches. I'm shocked to say the least. I know New Vegas was made by Obsidian, but that game crippled my save file like 10 hours in, haven't touched it since, lol.

BigAT

Isn't there a big patch going up tomorrow? I finally got around to ordering Skyrim yesterday.

Mrbob

Played it for almost 15 hours so far, only had one lock up. By far the most stable Bethesda game I've played at launch.

Nightz

Yeah it's not as bad as other Bethesda games. And even with the bugs, I've enjoyed it thoroughly (PC version here).
Isn't there a big patch going up tomorrow? I finally got around to ordering Skyrim yesterday.
Here's what's being fixed:

Changelog

Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
Dragon corpses now clean up properly
Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death

Version 1.2 Platform Specific Fixes

ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)
Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)

bluemax

Banned
So, best division so far: AFC North
Worst division so far: NFC West? (only division without a 3 win team)

Also LM's OROTY stuff is lame, I think Peter Newcomer's 7-1 TD to INT ratio and leading the Browns to as many wins as they had all of last season is pretty impressive.

Also LM's OROTY stuff is lame, I think Peter Newcomer's 7-1 TD to INT ratio and leading the Browns to as many wins as they had all of last season is pretty impressive.

The AFC North is filled with killers man.

Striker is a good player
Welli is Welli
Ram is the returning AFC champ
Trasher is probably really good, just had 2 top tier opponents off the bat

Eznark

When do you want to play our sequel game of the original beatdown?

eznark

Banned
Maybe tonight? You around? Not sure. I made plans with my wife but I can't remember if it was for tonight or tomorrow night.

Ramirez

I called it at the beginning of the year! Bob backed out on us, but we have Trasher now, who almost beat two of the league elites in his first games with a team he never uses. Believe.

LukeSmith

I called it at the beginning of the year! Bob backed out on us, but we have Trasher now, who almost beat two of the league elites in his first games with a team he never uses. Believe.

Trasher is gonna be real tough in a season or two, FMT had to use QB scrambling garbo to beat him.

Trasher is gonna be real tough in a season or two, FMT had to use QB scrambling garbo to beat him.

Lulz, coulda been worse.... i didnt even use VD. And these werent planned qb runs but of course ill take off if a lane is there. Plus my D was playing really well. Dropped a few picks but only gave up one scoring drive that came on a busted run play!

wait nm

I'm so frustrated in Season 2. I'm still pissed that I didn't know there was no resigning period (like in offline), so when I lost most of my defense to free agency... which was the one area I wanted to improve on from last year, I was like FUUUU. My defense can't buy stops and it drives me crazy. I seriously dread playing some of the games because I know that I've just got to get lucky to pull off wins. NFC West is definitely the weakest division... I would have argued we were pretty strong last year, I'm still proud of taking the Cardinals -- a team I've never played with (I live in Massachusetts) to 10-6 & to the playoffs in a division where you are still virtually guaranteed 2 losses against FMT. But this season is just one bummer after another. I really should have zero wins, too, because against the Rams in game 1, I just got lucky in the second half and outscored them. I am just hoping to suffer through this season and hope to start rebuilding for next season and get a different schedule.

Trasher

Lulz, coulda been worse.... i didnt even use VD. And these werent planned qb runs but of course ill take off if a lane is there. Plus my D was playing really well. Dropped a few picks but only gave up one scoring drive that came on a busted run play!

That fumble early on was a killer. I was afraid to run the ball after that. Messed up my flow!

That fumble early on was a killer. I was afraid to run the ball after that. Messed up my flow!

Pwill is a beast no doubt! Your d played well. I know lukems wished i dan marino'd you but when i have a prodigy such as kap i cant not use his legs! Cb is going to see that first hand next week!

Mrbob

Don't worry, friend. I plan on running the table on the AFC North when I get a chance to face them!

Top Bottom