• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Trasher I saw you asked what I use to stream. I use a Hauppauge HD PVR to my PC. PC has i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz and 16GB RAM and a pretty beefy connection.

That was a better showing then then Texans/Titans Round 1. No Moonwalking! Checked $TaT$...Texans held ball for 23.6 minutes versus the Titans' 4.6 :eek:. Dem CJ2k gashings :(

CJ2K: 7 carries, 175 yards. Two separate 76 yard runs.

That's insane.

LiveWire

Might have been because I forgot to unplug my Kinect. Stupid Kinect mic.

Now I got a "Your peer has been kicked for excessive grieving" message. Are you downloading anything? I don't remember us having this problem when we played last time. :/

Do you wanna try one more time or try again tomorrow?

bluemax

Banned
Now I got a "Your peer has been kicked for excessive grieving" message. Are you downloading anything? I don't remember us having this problem when we played last time. :/

Do you wanna try one more time or try again tomorrow?
I'm direct connected to my modem. One more try then I need to eat.

Striker

gg Ramirez.

Two Hillis fumbles were killer. Even on that last one, I hit the protect button on contact, and even before he was up through the hole. I don't know how to escape that. Happened to me last season too, vs. Seattle. Oh well.

Didn't help every time we play butterball Mendenhall looks like Jim Brown running down the field, and my defenders can't acknowledge to take a proper angle to tackle him.

I need some LB help. :(

Ramirez

gg Ramirez.

Two Hillis fumbles were killer. Even on that last one, I hit the protect button on contact, and even before he was up through the hole. I don't know how to escape that. Happened to me last season too, vs. Seattle. Oh well.

Didn't help every time we play butterball Mendenhall looks like Jim Brown running down the field, and my defenders can't acknowledge to take a proper angle to tackle him.

I need some LB help. :(

GG, I was playing the worst manual defense of my life, should have given up 2 TDs. I hit the L trigger to strafe to face the ball, hit Y and Taylor runs 10 yards in the opposite direction...

That INT was just mind boggling, Mendenhall was not supposed to stop like he did, I was trying to float it to his intended sidelines destination, but of course it doesn't happen. I really wish they would revamp the passing game next year. #dreamon

I thought you did a decent job of bottling up Mendenhall, he just had the one early break away TD. Loved the sack on the PA, I just got a 12 yard gain on the ground, NT doesn't even acknowledge the run and blows me up before the play even happens, lol.

I knew I should have resigned Cotchery, Sanders/Brown do not get open for me like he did. :(

Is defense broken in this game when a QB scrambles? Harrison didn't even react on a scramble for a TD, just literally sit still while the guy runs for 10 yards in front of him to the endzone, wth?

Striker

Yeah, what was up with that Greg Little pass? You hit manual to pick it, but your dude stopped, leaving Little open in the end zone. The ball just whizzes through his hands. :(

Ramirez

Yeah, what was up with that Greg Little pass? You hit manual to pick it, but your dude stopped, leaving Little open in the end zone. The ball just whizzes through his hands. :(

Yea, that's the one I'm talking about. My guy had a mind of his own once I took control of him, lol.

gg Eznark

I don't even know anymore. You just do everything right against me. Can't get an offense or defense started. I tried pressing the, "stomp on player but tell people i slipped" button when i was controlling Suh, but he wouldn't do it

eznark

Banned
gg Eznark

I don't even know anymore. You just do everything right against me. Can't get an offense or defense started. I tried pressing the, "stomp on player but tell people i slipped" button when i was controlling Suh, but he wouldn't do it

I signed Troy Smith specifically for this game! I didn't want Rodgers getting hurt. When you called that time out down 27-7 I was like fuuuuuuuuuck, did I take out Rodgers too early?!

BigAT

Argh. wtf at these peer griefing messages. :(

It's "grieving"! Happened to me against Bluemax as well.

Nothing you can do there...Saturday is almost Fanning fast and would have blocked me for the TD regardless, i tried to occupy space to see if my defenders could catch up..they did, i moved out of the way and it didn't matter. :(

DCX

I had a play like that against Daw once on an AP screen. I was desperately moving back and forth to try to get around the lineman or slow down the play, but he still blocked me like 30 yards down the field.

Birdman02

DM, can you play our game during my lunch break tomorrow at 1est? If not, I can play at 6 est when I get off work. I'm not sure about the rest of the night, so hopefully one of those times is good for you.

Or I could play now if you're around.

bluemax

Banned
GGs Livewire, your defense put up a hell of a fight, I was frustrated all night long trying to run the ball.

I think with a better QB than Tanico you'd be really scary, Ross is a good RB.

DMczaf

DM, can you play our game during my lunch break tomorrow at 1est? If not, I can play at 6 est when I get off work. I'm not sure about the rest of the night, so hopefully one of those times is good for you.

Or I could play now if you're around.

If you're still around, I can play now. I wont be home tomorrow til around 8pm pst.

LiveWire

GGs Livewire, your defense put up a hell of a fight, I was frustrated all night long trying to run the ball.

I think with a better QB than Tanico you'd be really scary, Ross is a good RB.

gg. Redskins, real and virtual, need an O-line, a QB, WRs, etc etc. I'd argue Vinny did a worse job than Matt Millen.

bluemax

Banned
Weird, there are apparently two causes for "Excessive Grieving". One is for vaguely defined cheesing (including calling the same play too much on offense or defense?) and the other is just plain old network bullshit.

I promise I'm not trying to cheese anyone, I mean I've been in this league 5 years and been mostly mediocre during that time span and I don't care enough to force people to restart against me in hopes of more favorable outcomes. I'm honestly exhausted after so many attempts at that game and I still need to cook dinner and walk my dog.

I direct connected that game too, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I can't imagine Madden uses so much bandwidth that my ISP is throttling me.

bluemax

Banned
He had a better QB in 10. He set the INT record for a season (although that may not last with the way Sajuro is playing with Lord Brady)

I guess when I barely win a game where I throw 3 INTs on my own side of the field I figure I can't really call my opponent out for his passing ability.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I guess when I barely win a game where I throw 3 INTs on my own side of the field I figure I can't really call my opponent out for his passing ability.

True. But you dont have to give him false hope based on your ability, either.

LukeSmith

LM only shows 4 games left. LiveWire and bluemax finished. DM/Bird are playing, so are mik and Drizz. I'm assuming FMT is playing for daw against Bob, which is going on right now as well.

Then yeah we're advancing tonight, I'll load up the franchise, someone IM/text me when all the games are done and I'll advance it on a Sons commercial break

Rorschach

2 games left after dm/story finish theirs.

What OF game are bob/fmt playing? :|

[edit] 1 game left since dolphins/bills game is going on too...

Rorschach

there are no games left. everyone is currently playing. get with the program!

Wait, FMT is losing to MrBoob in this league? Why did bob even accept that challenge?

Guess old man FMT is getting his pre-English season out of the way. You know, the one where Astro took the division title!

CB3

Wait, FMT is losing to MrBoob in this league? Why did bob even accept that challenge?

Guess old man FMT is getting his pre-English season out of the way. You know, the one where Astro took the division title!

he is letting bob get all the EA cheese so he can get it in his next game against me

gg bob. couldn't get any stops :(

i was using KC's defense and they have such shitty plays. there are 2 basic formations: 3-4 and dime odd. there is no nickle, no regular dime of any type. the worst part is that even though there are sub divisions of the dime, they are basically variations of the same plays with different personnel on the field! i thought it'd be worth a shot to try KC's defensive playbook because they run a 3-4 like i do but it's awful.

daw, if you are using KC's defensive playbook do yourself a favor and switch to either the niners or texans. you will be better off for it!

on offense.... wow, KC has some weapons if it weren't for sorry ass matt cassell. i wish i had jamal charles.... he just pulls away from defenders like nothing. i didn't even get into any screens or other packages using mccluster! bowe also catches anything near him

CB3

gg bob. couldn't get any stops :(

i was using KC's defense and they have such shitty plays. there are 2 basic formations: 3-4 and dime odd. there is no nickle, no regular dime of any type. the worst part is that even though there are sub divisions of the dime, they are basically variations of the same plays with different personnel on the field! i thought it'd be worth a shot to try KC's defensive playbook because they run a 3-4 like i do but it's awful.

daw, if you are using KC's defensive playbook do yourself a favor and switch to either the niners or texans. you will be better off for it!

on offense.... wow, KC has some weapons if it weren't for sorry ass matt cassell. i wish i had jamal charles.... he just pulls away from defenders like nothing. i didn't even get into any screens or other packages using mccluster! bowe also catches anything near him

remember to fix your depth chart before we play

Jets and Ravens had some great 3-4 stuff in Madden '10. Not sure if much of it changed.

niners have a good defensive playbook for 3-4, basically mirroring the ravens. the reason i use the texans defensive playbook is because there is a standard Dime defense (with 4 true lineman, not just LB's on the end). it has all the other formations i like but also has that one and there are instances where i want to play dime but have some bigger g uys on the line and dont feel like messing around with subs everytime i want to change it

and i already signed back in w/ the niners and adjusted the depth chart

Mrbob

I was happy to keep the chiefs on the sidelines as much as I could. Running the ball even though it was tough getting yards. I looked at their roster before game time and was freaking out a bit. They had a ton of weapons. My defense got some timely turnovers and thankfully I went turnover free.

I'm loving Jamie Brooks. One on one deep, jump ball in the end zone he don't give a fuck and is coming down with the ball!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/104295262

Thank you for the trade Livewire! :D

Edit: Road streak finally broken!

I was happy to keep the chiefs on the sidelines as much as I could. Running the ball even though it was tough getting yards. I looked at their roster before game time and was freaking out a bit. They had a ton of weapons. My defense got some timely turnovers and thankfully I went turnover free.

I'm loving Jamie Brooks. One on one deep, jump ball in the end zone he don't give a fuck and is coming down with the ball!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/104295262

Thank you for the trade Livewire! :D

i was in good position to make that pick but anytime there is a jump ball where the receiver has time to turn around he comes down with it :(

i had that fucking bonehead turnover in the redzone. a common theme for me with the niners as well. the fumble was just bad luck but i shouldn't have stopped my feet on the run. i couldn't believe how fast charles pulled away from the D on that stretch play.... wow

Top Bottom