• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Mrbob

Yeah that stretch play caught me by surprise. I thought I had the angle and then Charles just boosted away from two of my defenders and was gone on a huge TD run.

Smokey

niners have a good defensive playbook for 3-4, basically mirroring the ravens. the reason i use the texans defensive playbook is because there is a standard Dime defense (with 4 true lineman, not just LB's on the end). it has all the other formations i like but also has that one and there are instances where i want to play dime but have some bigger g uys on the line and dont feel like messing around with subs everytime i want to change it

and i already signed back in w/ the niners and adjusted the depth chart

First it was the offensive playbook, now the defense. All aboard the train I see. You may have keys to a Ferrari, but that doesn't mean you know how to drive it!

Birdman02

GG DM. I love how Porter re-directed as soon as I took control of him, and he made no attempt at the ball. He was in ok position. I guess I should have taken my chances with the AI defender.

I stayed too conservative in the red zone. Gotta put TDs up instead of FGs.

DMczaf

gg

I thought for sure I blew my shot in that game when I turned it over on downs at midfield with 1 min left. And then I got saved by that 5 yard loss on your 2nd down, giving me a defendable 3rd and 16 instead of 3rd and 6 or 7.

And another miracle bomb at the end of the game saves my ass. Too many lucky plays this early, that usually means I'll get none when the playoffs come...

LukeSmith

Breaking:
Patrick Willis, MLB for the Niners was just carted off of the field in the game against the Eagles

After receiving treatment on the sidelines, Willis returned to action

Yeah, Henne and Madden didn't do you any favors that game. GG.

Amazing how he overthrows the wide open guy every time but the double coverage in garbage time is no problem. Marshall was so open I just hit Gates for some reason.

I was imagining good things right before the half ended, then I go down 14. No biggie, just over 2 minutes and Ill get the ball back. Then, I throw the bobble pick with 14 seconds left which gets returned 99 yards or w/e, down 21. Sheesh

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
that punt shit that makes your guy move out of the way and let it bounce even though you fair caught it just cost me a game. its the high punts that do this shit

Trasher

gg Eznark

I don't even know anymore. You just do everything right against me. Can't get an offense or defense started. I tried pressing the, "stomp on player but tell people i slipped" button when i was controlling Suh, but he wouldn't do it

They are patching that in soon I hear.

CB3

Ugh. that was easily the worst first half of football ive ever played. Not too much EA garbo besides his D being overrated. That fair catch punt shit is awful though. Cost me a shot at tying the game up

bluemax

Banned
Storybook, when do you want to play this week? I assume you're gonna be busy Saturday with the SEC Championship game, but I can play early if needed.

Ugh. that was easily the worst first half of football ive ever played. Not too much EA garbo besides his D being overrated. That fair catch punt shit is awful though. Cost me a shot at tying the game up

yeah that punt thing that happens is bullshit. never cost me a game but it has happen. as for it being on high punts that's not true because all of my punts are high to get better hangtime.

anyways, just like the real eagles you rack up yards and then have a boatload of turnovers. pwill was fucking beasting. 11 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 int. can't believe vick didn't get hurt or fumble on that massive sack i had. i got burned late after dashon got hurt.... fucking sorry ass colin jones! although i did stop you on the goalline with him. if you had taken FG's on all your trips to the redzone you could've had a tie game!

CB3

yeah i said the same thing to luke when it happened. ill consider it even since your asshole QB never fumbles on any hit ever. every other qb drops the ball on the slightest touch on scrambles.

You deserved that win. that was easily the worst first half of madden 12 ive played. just pisses me off that punt shit took away my chance to tie it up

Oh i forgot Vick kneeling on a QB sneak on the goalline for no fucking reason.

yeah i said the same thing to luke when it happened. ill consider it even since your asshole QB never fumbles on any hit ever. every other qb drops the ball on the slightest touch on scrambles.

You deserved that win. that was easily the worst first half of madden 12 ive played. just pisses me off that punt shit took away my chance to tie it up

i'm not sure wtf happened on that qb sneak. it wasn't even a kneel.... it was like he just went down on his stomach and didn't move or something. maybe they borked the QB sneak when they "fixed" the cannon shot glitch.

that taint on your first drive was a killer. i think it took you 5 plays to get inside my 10 and then you threw it to rogers in the flats. almost got another taint the next possession with pwill.... fucking garbage ass clipping call and then a stupid throw into double coverage. i need to learn to just take sacks instead of forcing some of those balls

bluemax

Banned
i'm not sure wtf happened on that qb sneak. it wasn't even a kneel.... it was like he just went down on his stomach and didn't move or something. maybe they borked the QB sneak when they "fixed" the cannon shot glitch.

that taint on your first drive was a killer. i think it took you 5 plays to get inside my 10 and then you threw it to rogers in the flats. almost got another taint the next possession with pwill.... fucking garbage ass clipping call and then a stupid throw into double coverage. i need to learn to just take sacks instead of forcing some of those balls
Isn't that what QB sneak does in NCAA? The belly flop thing I mean. That's why I never called one.

Isn't that what QB sneak does in NCAA? The belly flop thing I mean. That's why I never called one.

yeah he belly flops but he at least moves forward. with vick it was just weird..... it's like he went to one knee and then belly flopped or something. probably lost a half yard or so!

p.s. battle for first place next week blue! all i can say is that i can't do anything about what pwill does to you and your rookie qb! he is out of control!

on more somber news, dashon goldson is out for 3 weeks.
on brigther news, dashon goldson is only out for 3 weeks with a dislocated kneecap. seems like that would be a longer injury but whatever!

bluemax

Banned
yeah he belly flops but he at least moves forward. with vick it was just weird..... it's like he went to one knee and then belly flopped or something. probably lost a half yard or so!

p.s. battle for first place next week blue! all i can say is that i can't do anything about what pwill does to you and your rookie qb! he is out of control!

on more somber news, dashon goldson is out for 3 weeks.
on brigther news, dashon goldson is only out for 3 weeks with a dislocated kneecap. seems like that would be a longer injury but whatever!
If I win this week I can lose next week and still be in first.

David Hawthorne is gonna (probably not) supplant PWilly as MVP.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fast vance ftw.

Ram: I am not around Friday and Saturday so we have to get our game in tonight or tomorrow. Let me know what time is good.

Also, how many dropped picks did you have against Striker? You didn't mention any so I guess I'll be getting double! :D

Striker

I threw one dumb pass that should've been an easy pick. Newcomer wasn't hitting everything. :(

I saw after my DB's had around six deflections, almost had a fifth INT for Justice but to no avail.

BigAT

Weird, there are apparently two causes for "Excessive Grieving". One is for vaguely defined cheesing (including calling the same play too much on offense or defense?) and the other is just plain old network bullshit.

I promise I'm not trying to cheese anyone, I mean I've been in this league 5 years and been mostly mediocre during that time span and I don't care enough to force people to restart against me in hopes of more favorable outcomes. I'm honestly exhausted after so many attempts at that game and I still need to cook dinner and walk my dog.

I direct connected that game too, it doesn't seem to make a difference. I can't imagine Madden uses so much bandwidth that my ISP is throttling me.

I just liked that the game refers to it as "Excessive Grieving". I just imagine the game things because you're bent over your controller sobbing uncontrollably, inconsolable after the loss of a loved one.

McNeily, when can you play?

Ramirez

Kapernick is just too good!

Also, how many dropped picks did you have against Striker? You didn't mention any so I guess I'll be getting double! :D

Striker was dinking and dunking me aside from two long balls, I did have a couple that should have been picks. I got away with 2 throws though, so it balances out!

We can play today, maybe early in the day, but more than likely at 10 EST.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Kapernick is just too good!

Striker was dinking and dunking me aside from two long balls, I did have a couple that should have been picks. I got away with 2 throws though, so it balances out!

We can play today, maybe early in the day, but more than likely at 10 EST.

:jnc Never change.

Tonight should work.

TheCrow

Sanjuro, I have class after work for the next couple of weeks so the earliest I can play is around 9pm cst. Let me know when you'll be available.

Didn't use enough pump fake cheese CB....

tumblr_ltw9yhJRej1qbzs7oo1_500.jpg

Mrbob

D:

He has had a rough early season schedule and lost some tough close games. He crushed me last year too when we played. Game wasn't even close. He is getting close to being in a must win situation early in the season so I have to prepare for getting his best game.

McNei1y

Damn I didn't even realized we advanced....

BIG AT (gulp) when do you want to play our game!?!?

McNeily, when can you play?

I can play later tonight probably. I could've played earlier where I am but I forgot my madden so at the earliest it'll probably be a little later tonight like 8-9est. Maybe earlier. I actually have no clue what I'm doing today as of now.

edit: how the hell am I still 17th in the power rankings in front of ez, who has a better record than me, and Gold, who's beaten me twice. Oh well I'll take it. I started off 1-3 last season.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
CB didn't pump fake against me at all.

He did do some questionable things though, like forcibly removing the ball from Romo's hands before I had a chance to throw, bad form man...

Top Bottom