• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
Loving to the tune of 7 carries for -9 yards against my dogshit run D
Only person to shut down Crow and his attack, stopping a 1-3 oh 1-4 should have been easy.

Trolling shit teams is unbecoming of you. It's not even funny anymore. Whatever makes you happy though, ill be your punching bag <3

DCX

LukeSmith

Only person to shut down Crow and his attack, stopping a 1-3 oh 1-4 should have been easy.

Trolling shit teams is unbecoming of you. It's not even funny anymore. Whatever makes you happy though, ill be your punching bag <3

DCX

Your roster is stacked

bluemax

Banned
Yes, Peter Tanico is truly God's gift to video game football.

I'm still salty at Peter Tanico's ability to draw the most bullshit PI I have ever seen in Madden.

The play: Third and long, Tanico drops back to pass, Telvin Wallace comes off the edge but because I suck I miss the easy sack, Tanico reverses field and starts to look up field to scramble but I have a LBer there. I hit A to manually switch and also press the hit stick. EA's sorting algorithm instead swaps me to the CB covering Moss, so I level Moss on a pass that wasn't within 10 yards of him.

Pass Interference, 15 yards and an automatic first down.

LiveWire

I'm still salty at Peter Tanico's ability to draw the most bullshit PI I have ever seen in Madden.

The play: Third and long, Tanico drops back to pass, Telvin Wallace comes off the edge but because I suck I miss the easy sack, Tanico reverses field and starts to look up field to scramble but I have a LBer there. I hit A to manually switch and also press the hit stick. EA's sorting algorithm instead swaps me to the CB covering Moss, so I level Moss on a pass that wasn't within 10 yards of him.

Pass Interference, 15 yards and an automatic first down.

Yea that was awesome. :D

DCX

DCX
yeah but Live has to start with the redskins roster every year.

I'm here for you division bro!
True, but he always has high draft picks and even after a few years of building a decent roster with an op QB it didn't mean much.

This season I'm Livewire like. A regression like no other. I'm just not playing good.

I'm ok with what I am and what I need to improve on to be a better player.

I'm done talking shit based on my madden 10 performance. I did nothing in 11 and nothing in 12 so far.

DCX

DCX

DCX
What's More likely to happen:

Bob chokes
Sanjuro throws 10 Tds
DCX continues to be GM of the year
GM of the year is granfathered in. I'm not making any more moves. This roster is stacked.
Any vet using this team would be division champs every year and contending for chips.

I'll owe Daw a third rounder next draft the rest of the picks are going be used to continue to strengthen an already deep team.

At this pace, I might lose my reign as Falcons owner next year :( I'm almost positive I will.

DCX

LukeSmith

GM of the year is granfathered in. I'm not making any more moves. This roster is stacked.
Any vet using this team would be division champs every year and contending for chips.

I'll owe Daw a third rounder next draft the rest of the picks are going be used to continue to strengthen an already deep team.

At this pace, I might lose my reign as Falcons owner next year :( I'm almost positive I will.

DCX

Next year's flu season is supposed to be bad, Storybook is screwed

Mrbob

DCX, you gotta unleash the dragon at some point. Running is fine, but take some shots deep! You have multiple players that can stretch the defense.

bluemax

Banned
DCX, you gotta unleash the dragon at some point. Running is fine, but take some shots deep! You have multiple players that can stretch the defense.

Speaking of this, is it just me or is passing WAY up this season? Especially completion percentages. I wanted to run some comparison numbers but its hard to look up team passing stats on League Manager and I don't remember all the QBs some people used last year.

Smokey

Yeah.

During the Bully Bowl last night I took a couple shots with leinart. One was picked and the other was slightly overthrown. These were bombs. I had my mind made up I was going to bomb it out. If leinart can do I know for fuck sure Ryan can.

Mrbob

Taking shots deep helps with learning timing. You don't always hit them but it keeps the defense honest. I overthrew Brooks on what should have been another TD pass in the game last night. No one was within 10 yards of him but I overthrew the ball out of the end zone. Now I have a better idea how much loft to put on the ball from where I was on he field where I threw it.

I gave him some advice on how to use Hester, but I don't know if he is doing it. He had 36 catches last year for me, and 9 were tds.

Speaking of this, is it just me or is passing WAY up this season? Especially completion percentages. I wanted to run some comparison numbers but its hard to look up team passing stats on League Manager and I don't remember all the QBs some people used last year.

Yeah it seems like the passing game has stepped it up this season. I'm hanging around the same completion percentage as last year but my turnovers are way down. 8 tds and 1 int through 5 games so far versus 19tds and 24 ints last year. Lots of QBs with high completion percentages so far.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
you almost have to always lead them (and accept a 50/50 chance of an overthrow) even if they have a step on the man coverage. It's just way too easy for the DB to catch up and make a play on the ball while the WR does the casual reach back for the ball while falling forward animation. They just don't fight for it in that situation.

Smokey

If only the overlords would allow the offense a chance to manually fight for the ball like the defense...but that makes too much sense.

Top Bottom