• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Smokey

Dem Ando Rocket Catches.
I understand that. But if its banned on offense it should be banned on defense. Should be a CPU v CPU battle if both aren't allowed to be manually controlled.

But that makes too much sense to happen!

I played a random yesterday who did a certain play over and over making the CPU reciever jump everytime and catch the ball...

LukeSmith

I understand that. But if its banned on offense it should be banned on defense. Should be a CPU v CPU battle if both aren't allowed to be manually controlled.

Been saying that for years.

That said, as pointed out, passing numbers are way up. Rushing yards per carry are insane in the league. It seems like defense is already at a significant disadvantage. There's little reason to hamstring defense further

I played a random yesterday who did a certain play over and over making the CPU reciever jump everytime and catch the ball...

The offense has such an advantage already. Deal with it!

LiveWire

Livewire is still looking for his "I made the playoffs" Patch.

He's got a lot of the "Top 10 draft pick" patches tho

If anyone else wants to step up and show that they can win a championship in this league, in this division, with the Redskins default roster they're welcome to. Easy to shit talk when you've got an elite team.

TheCrow

Sounds like a bitter man who didn't have the opportunity to draft Jamie Brooks. :D
I already got a couple of young TEs with speed. The problem is that I don't have the right mindset to pass a lot. I just really hate throwing ints so I rather play it safe and run the ball. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If anyone else wants to step up and show that they can win a championship in this league, in this division, with the Redskins default roster they're welcome to. Easy to shit talk when you've got an elite team.

I was catching up on the thread and was going to post exactly this. It will be damn near impossible for you to make the playoffs with AT and CB there with decent teams. and in years before I had the OP Giants, which might I add was the only reason I was good. When two teams come out of that division into the playoffs every year, you have to basically hope you get breaks the rest of the schedule. It's anywhere between 2 and 4 guaranteed losses per year before the word go.

Rorschach

I think Rors should be banned from user controlling his 90+ speed safeties. >_>

I already traded Branch. The best safety I ever had. :( He was pissing me off IRL, though!

I'm using 87 speed Mitchell. Concidentally, he has 9 tackles 2 INTs, 1 FF in 2 weeks!

I think Branch is now leading the Seahawks in tackles and Carlson destroyed in his last game. Worked out for Blue!

Rorschach

Yeah, not all of us have the Colts, Luke! Can't wait for next year's roster update without Pey! Hopefully, we don't get legacy'd.

Although, NFC East ain't no thang. It's all about the NFC Bob these days. Real power division. Or the NFC South. Both top NFC East teams have lost to South teams!

[edit] This brings up an interesting topic: does anyone not have a decent team in season 2? With progression, trades, FA, etc, there's been ample room for everyone to improve their teams significantly. Unfortunately, the power teams just get richer, but the bad teams can get better.

LukeSmith

Yeah, not all of us have the Colts, Luke! Can't wait for next year's roster update without Pey! Hopefully, we don't get legacy'd.

Although, NFC East ain't no thang. It's all about the NFC Bob these days. Real power division. Or the NFC South. Both top NFC East teams have lost to South teams!

[edit] This brings up an interesting topic: does anyone not have a decent team in season 2? With progression, trades, FA, etc, there's been ample room for everyone to improve their teams significantly. Unfortunately, the power teams just get richer, but the bad teams can get better.

Hopefully he doesn't officially retire till like October 2012, so I can use Luck and Peyton in my new offense

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

My oline isn't very good and I have Romo...

5 wins and no ties is my goal!

Rorschach

Is Daw out of town?

Hopefully he doesn't officially retire till like October 2012, so I can use Luck and Peyton in my new offense
Yeah, but everyone else should get a ratings downgrade. It was obviously Peyton making everyone look even better than they are. Peyton should get Madden's first 101 rating. We can call him "The Professor" from now on.

My oline isn't very good and I have Romo...

5 wins and no ties is my goal!
Yeah, Somnia wanted to work on the OL in the off-season IIRC, but he loves Romo. Didn't want to trade him!

GCQuinton

Nick Fairley just had a crazy game against the Titans: 6 tackles, 4 sacks, FR, TD. 10 total team sacks, and it was also our defense's second straight game with a safety.

To say I'm loving my new look D right now is an understatement.

LukeSmith

Nick Fairley just had a crazy game against the Titans: 6 tackles, 4 sacks, FR, TD. 10 total team sacks, and it was also our defense's second straight game with a safety.

Ugh, not excited to play you this season - at all. Gonna get donged

BigAT

ROeYp.jpg

Is Daw out of town?

Yeah, but everyone else should get a ratings downgrade. It was obviously Peyton making everyone look even better than they are. Peyton should get Madden's first 101 rating. We can call him "The Professor" from now on.

Yeah, Somnia wanted to work on the OL in the off-season IIRC, but he loves Romo. Didn't want to trade him!

i'll play you as the chefs if you want!

bluemax

Banned
I already traded Branch. The best safety I ever had. :( He was pissing me off IRL, though!

I'm using 87 speed Mitchell. Concidentally, he has 9 tackles 2 INTs, 1 FF in 2 weeks!

I think Branch is now leading the Seahawks in tackles and Carlson destroyed in his last game. Worked out for Blue!

John Carlson all of last season: 7 catches 59 yards 3 TDs

John Carlson since the trade: 8 catches 257 yards 2 TDs

Kam Chanceller before trade: 8 tackles 0 INTs (6 tackles in week 1 vs BigAT)

Tyvon Branch since trade: 5 tackles 2 INTs

Aaron Curry is my leading tackler since the trade, but Branch has been pretty good.

Edit: If anyone needs a SS I'm open to trading Bam Bam Kam for an outside line backer of similar ability.

GCQuinton

He did get a Pro Bowl RT out of it, btw, and if I didn't have Cam I probably would have thought a little longer about making that deal. Had to trade away my starting safety to move up in the third round to get his replacement and he's been doing great so far too. This was also my second straight game losing a player for the season with a broken collarbone, so with Brennan Hamilton stepping in to replace Brandon Hogan at KR/PR, my first five draft picks are all starting at their respective positions.

But yeah. Next game's against the Lions! Fairley's coming back to Detroit!

Rorschach

That was embarrassing. I should just retire from Madden right now. My thumbs are too old to play D anymore!

I won't even mention the bullshit because it didn't matter.

gg rors. you sold out big time on the run a few times and i was able to get past the first line of defenders for big plays.

i was sure you would've scored to tie the game until mcfadden got hurt! chiefs have a lot of good pieces on both sides of the ball. their CB's from #1-4 have to be some of the best in the league.... their #3 CB is rated higher than my #1 :/

Rorschach

gg rors. you sold out big time on the run a few times and i was able to get past the first line of defenders for big plays.

i was sure you would've scored to tie the game until mcfadden got hurt! chiefs have a lot of good pieces on both sides of the ball. their CB's from #1-4 have to be some of the best in the league.... their #3 CB is rated higher than my #1 :/

That last int... he just pushed my guy to the ground basically AND made the INT. wtf... Nice corners. Too bad I had my worst manual D game in front of the guy that makes the awards! Oh well, I'm still the only guy that plays every position!

That last int... he just pushed my guy to the ground basically AND made the INT. wtf... Nice corners. Too bad I had my worst manual D game in front of the guy that makes the awards! Oh well, I'm still the only guy that plays every position!

i stand by my award!

not only does KC have pretty good corners, they have a decent d-line and good lb's. they would also have a top notch safety if daw didn't trade eric berry to dcx

daw840

That's what I was going for this last off season! With my Nickel and Dime packages you shouldn't be able to throw the ball! I suck though, so....it doesn't matter much!

Thanks for helpin out. Been putting a crib together all day, but I got a new Macbook Pro with the crib!

edit: I traded Berry and it freed up cap room to make my corners and Dline!

Top Bottom