• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LukeSmith

So yeah. What do I do guys? Shake went offline (internet went out I think cause he isn't online anymore) and it's asking me to count or not count the game. =/ I assume click the "don't count" option and then we replay the game?

What was the score/time left?

I plan on buying it soon. It's always a fun game to play with the roommates. I just like the idea of the Online Association. The day something like that makes its way into a (good) baseball game (hopefully EA makes a game this coming year) then I'd be going ape shit.

I would kill for a quality Baseball game not called "The Show" One of my roommates and I made due with 2K10, but it was pretty glitchy and shallow

LiveWire

SMH

Could've had Schaub. I basically tried to give him away to you. Multiple times. Just reinforces the truth that if you trade with me, you will be better off!

I knew you were letting him test the FA market. Why would I give up picks for that? Plus you kept hemming and hawing about trading for Cooley. Gotta strike while the iron's hot Smoke!

McNei1y

I would kill for a quality Baseball game not called "The Show" One of my roommates and I made due with 2K10, but it was pretty glitchy and shallow

Yeah I played that one for a decent amount of time. 2k11 was such a waste of a buy. I think I played it for a couple of days out of 2 weeks and then just gave up because it was just another weak 2k baseball game. I miss the days of playing MVP baseball for almost 5-6 months out of the year. I did that with 2k7 and 2k8 but those were the last times. It just sucks we're stuck with it until EA (or another company) decides to make a game.

LukeSmith

I feel like as a part of the new LBA (Luke Bargaining Agreement) the Trade Deadline could be extended. Bill Simmons and I agree on this

Yeah I played that one for a decent amount of time. 2k11 was such a waste of a buy. I think I played it for a couple of days out of 2 weeks and then just gave up because it was just another weak 2k baseball game. I miss the days of playing MVP baseball for almost 5-6 months out of the year. I did that with 2k7 and 2k8 but those were the last times. It just sucks we're stuck with it until EA (or another company) decides to make a game.

Best times of my life man. One of my friends and I played the hell out of MVP 2005. We have so many Owner mode files we did together still on some PS2 memory cards. We would draft and manage teams and see who could be more successful. We were not allowed to play the games unless we played each other. We would spend all day on some of those. After we completed a 120 season one, we both had to take a long look at ourselves and what we were doing with our lives haha

LukeSmith

31 to 10. Ravens lead. Jaguars with the ball on the Ravens' 43. 2:47 left in the third quarter.

Unless the game gives an option to finish against the CPU (in this case, I think it'd probably be fine to have finished against the CPU, assuming Shake wasn't saddened by it), you two will have to replay it.

Blame EA, PSN and FMT

Birdman02

Bob, what time are we playing tonight? I can't remember if you said 9 or 10 central, and I don't fell like searching the last few pages.

Nvm...looks like 10. I didn't realize search was back.

McNei1y

Best times of my life man. One of my friends and I played the hell out of MVP 2005. We have so many Owner mode files we did together still on some PS2 memory cards. We would draft and manage teams and see who could be more successful. We were not allowed to play the games unless we played each other. We would spend all day on some of those. After we completed a 120 season one, we both had to take a long look at ourselves and what we were doing with our lives haha

hahahha thats pretty awesome... and impressive. I played a few new seasons here and there but only got one of those to finish around 2 seasons.

I believe I was just finishing grade school and going into high school at the time so I created my 8th grade baseball team. I tried to make stats fair until I created myself. That was some fun times. Having some of my friends over from the team were impressed and wanted to play and save the team on their card.

I was impressed that my brother had a save file going for about 2-3 years after MVP 2005 was released and was like 6-7 seasons in or something. He almost had all of the upgrades to the stadium and crap like that. He was so adamant about it. I mean I told him in his 2nd or 3rd season to create me and just play me in the minor leagues (since he did that with himself) and about a season or two later I was promoted to AA and AAA and my stats were awesome.

It's cool to think back since I don't think I've played a sports game that much since. I definitely would if another quality baseball comes out.

aaaaand I'm back... fuck Arkansas! i hate this fucking inbred-redneck state and its fucking internet. I was already pissed i was getting my ass handed to me...

If it gives you the option to finish against the CPU go ahead and do it Trasher. You had me pretty much figured out so I wasn't coming back from that anyways. :/

Trasher

aaaaand I'm back... fuck Arkansas! i hate this fucking inbred-redneck state and its fucking internet. I was already pissed i was getting my ass handed to me...

If it gives you the option to finish against the CPU go ahead and do it Trasher. You had me pretty much figured out so I wasn't coming back from that anyways. :/

It gave me two options: Exit the game and count it. Exit the game and not count it.

I didn't count it. Can you play within the next hour here if everything is working alright?

Smokey

I knew you were letting him test the FA market. Why would I give up picks for that? Plus you kept hemming and hawing about trading for Cooley. Gotta strike while the iron's hot Smoke!

Why would you give up picks? Look at the spot you're in now lol.

LiveWire

i have maybe 500k in cap space. i think the league minmum is higher than that

There's always a deal to be made. Check your PM. Or not...fucking LM sucks, fuck. I'll get back to you whenever I can view your roster. It may be in January.

OK it finally loaded. Yea, not sure there's much we can do. Your biggest players are your biggest contracts, and I assume they're off the table.

Ramirez

Didn't you hear? Ram only got into the Superbowl because Smokey eliminated Rors and DM just got lucky. Get with the times man

Well, that first part is true, Smokey took one for the team! DM however plays some annoyingly difficult defense, I don't see anyone taking him out in the NFC this season either!

Trasher getting burned on the redo? lol

HOLY

FUCK

NEVER AGAIN

Yeah... i woulda felt so dirty if i actually pulled that off

Excellent composure though, after that first half, if i were you, i woulda been flipping shit and breaking controllers. Madden gods were giving me break after break after break... and yet i still cant beat you. lol

sigh :(

LukeSmith

Batman-Batman-Comics.gif

Rorschach

If I lose to Ram or DM, it's ok. If I lose to Bob, I'll hang up my controller forever. I'm not only quitting Madden, but all console games. I'll stick to PC/handheld/arcade gaming.

Trasher

Yeah... i woulda felt so dirty if i actually pulled that off
That fucking punt turnover was complete and utter garbage. What the fuck were my guys doing?! lol

I wanted to just give up and concede at that point. That first quarter was brutal! Four turnovers total. I had given up two before a minute had even elapsed in the game... Things that were working in our first game (mainly my entire passing game) didn't do jack in this game. Luckily Ray Rice and my defense bailed me out.

God that game was way too stressful. I told you bad things would happen if we had to replay it!

Gg btw!

And yeah, my 360 almost went out the window.

That fucking punt turnover was complete and utter garbage. What the fuck were my guys doing?! lol

I wanted to just give up and concede at that point. That first quarter was brutal! Four turnovers total. I had given up two before a minute had even elapsed in the game... Things that were working in our first game (mainly my entire passing game) didn't do jack in this game. Luckily Ray Rice and my defense bailed me out.

God that game was way too stressful. I told you bad things would happen if we had to replay it!

Gg btw!

I didn't even realize i got a turnover on that punt lol. I thought i just pinned you deep but then it said something about a fumble recovery and i was like "wait. what?"

I never could figure out a good way to attack your D. Trying to run against you was brutal. Passing was only slightly better. I switched to a conservative style on O. Figured i would burn a little clock and punt then tryand stop you on D. Or at least make you burn a shit load of clock before you could score. All was going to plan until rice broke that huge run. It was all down hill after that.

GG man...

Top Bottom