• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Ferny

This happened. We had a hellacious windstorm that shut down the power (and shot my neighbor's shed through my fence). Power is back this mornming, hopefully internet connectivity will soon follow.

Whoa! Thats craziness. I'm available anytime so just PM me if/when you can play and your internet comes back.

LiveWire

Me and LiveWire are playing tonight, he gets home at like 9:30PM EST. So we're gonna try and get it in as close to that.

I just bought four of these last night, so if I have one I'll likely forget most of this game

HyF4Xl.jpg

Actually, the commish and I will be out drinking, so it won't be likely until later in the evening, or tomorrow morning. What's your schedule look like tomorrow?

LukeSmith

When is the trade deadline?

Before the next advance--which is currently scheduled for tomorrow evening. But if games get done early, I guess we're advancing early, which means tough titties traders.

Or, since I'm on a bye in week 7, I'll extend the deadline to end at the start of week 8 to consider trades

logo-miami-dolphins.gif

The Miami Dolphins have signed LOLB Ikaika Alama-Francis to a 1 year $1.3M contract. Alama-Francis was cut by Miami last offseason when the recently traded Taylor announced he would not be retiring. Miami plans on using Alama-Francis' Taylor-like versatility to backup both the DE and OLB positions.

LukeSmith

Is the contract restructuring deadline still the same as the trade deadline?

Which was really just FMT being lazy, now there's like 5 contract-able admins. Seems like we could bring it back, or have one rep from each division do the restructures for another division.

Actually, the commish and I will be out drinking, so it won't be likely until later in the evening, or tomorrow morning. What's your schedule look like tomorrow?

Tomorrow morning will be good for me too if we can push it till then. I get up at like 7:30 - 8am or so (EST) so just let me know. I'm out tomorrow night though, that's a no go.

Mrbob

I built my roster around not being able to restructure. We should be able to cut dudes penalty free if we are going to bring restructuring back.

Mrbob

I hope they are. I love playing the AFC Best/NFC South every season when my outside division rival players get a cake walk out of conference/division schedule.

Mrbob

Lol, I forgot to add couple words! Or maybe my plan is working? Who knows!

What the hell does being able to restructure a single contract have to do with how you guys built your team?

Spending money on depth I didn't necessarily need to spend if I had known I could take da cash and put it towards a contract.

LukeSmith

That idea is perfect for backloading.

DCX

Yeah, I'd have no problems doing that, especially if someone was just trying to free up a year.

I also think there'd be some percentage of salary per year that you could backload (and guarantee). Maybe you could backload 60% of current year, 50% of year 2 back to year 3/4/5 or whatever, but all of the money has to be guaranteed or something.

My main point is, there are enough "cap" admins, that we could certainly make things more interesting.

If someone wanted to do the diligence (I can't right now, on a brutal schedule at work) they could crawl the top 5 salaries per position in the league and derive the Franchise Tag value.

Mrbob

Lol what the heck, Rors got Schaub in FA just to trade him? I see Schaub is listed as a Lion now on the Pro Bowl selection page in League Manager. I missed this deal. What was the trade?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Remember when we wernt policing trades because someone thought the league could be realistic about it.

Is this the 4325 time i was right about something before hand

DCX

DCX
Hmm... Thought we couldn't trade FAs.
There should be a cap hold on trading free agents in the first year. I'm sure Luke and I will hammer all this out and dole out the proper punishments.

Maybe relinquishing a draft pick.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Remember when we wernt policing trades because someone thought the league could be realistic about it.

Is this the 4325 time i was right about something before hand
You are always right, but being right doesn't mean its fun lol

DCX

LukeSmith

There should be a cap hold on trading free agents in the first year. I'm sure Luke and FMT will hammer all this out and dole out the proper dictation of rules.

Maybe relinquishing a draft pick.

DCX

I only loosely remember FMT's rule about free agents.

To be clear, the Schaub trade doesn't really bug me. Goldy is offloading salary - the contract is huge, Rors is getting a theoretical upgrade in some areas he cares about at QB.

LiveWire

Woah woah woah. We can trade FA in the same season? When FMT specifically said NO FA TRADING? WTF. I could've offloaded Dunta last season. Wow. This league is really well managed. Who's in charge again? The inmates must be running the asylum.

LukeSmith

Woah woah woah. We can trade FA in the same season? When FMT specifically said NO FA TRADING? WTF. I could've offloaded Dunta last season. Wow. This league is really well managed. Who's in charge again?

FMT's lovelorn hippy laziness strikes again.

DCX would've had like $20M in penalties this year if I'd been king from the beginning!

bluemax

Banned
I really don't like the idea of trading FAs the same season they were signed. I can think of all kinds of ridiculous ways to exploit it.

Rorschach

Rules/stipulations don't apply to MaddenGod. He is far beyond us plebs.

So jelly it must hurt.

We can't trade FAs we BID on? I don't recall hearing that. FMT approved the trade. Secondly, I don't think I'm the only one that's done it. I'll trade him back if you guys are all butt hurt. It's not like Schaub is a lesser QB. Just old. Luke was right anyway. This shit ain't making it 3+ seasons if the schedules are the same.

DCX

DCX
So jelly it must hurt.

We can't trade FAs we BID on? I don't recall hearing that. FMT approved the trade. Secondly, I don't think I'm the only one that's done it. I'll trade him back if you guys are all butt hurt. It's not like Schaub is a lesser QB. Just old. Luke was right anyway. This shit ain't making it 3+ seasons if the schedules are the same.

Schedules are not in season three. I haven't heard if season is the same as three or back to a normal schedule.

DCX

Rorschach

Schedules are not in season three. I haven't heard if season is the same as three or back to a normal schedule.

DCX

So they'll be like season 2 schedules? If they're the exact same, it's gonna suck.

Woah woah woah. We can trade FA in the same season? When FMT specifically said NO FA TRADING? WTF. I could've offloaded Dunta last season. Wow. This league is really well managed. Who's in charge again? The inmates must be running the asylum.

When did he say that? Last year? Last year when we had a different FA system and it was to prevent people from sniping FAs just to keep them from competitors or this year where we actually bid on them?

Mrbob

We have a couple games left. Don't think we are vancin' till tomorrow night.

Edit: Levious checked scheduling and said they are different in season 3.

Top Bottom